• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2018 Discussion Thread

Ascended Dialga

My Nintendo E3 2018 hopes (what I'd like to see):

- details on Super Smash Bros for Switch
- details on the new Yoshi game
- details on Metroid Prime 4
- a new Star Fox game for Switch
- a big piece of paid DLC for Super Mario Odyssey
- the original Metroid Prime trilogy remastered in HD
- Super Mario Sunshine HD
- Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
- the Bioshock trilogy ported to Switch
- details on Pokémon LGP/LGE
- a Gen 7 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game
- an officially localized release for Mother 3

My Nintendo E3 2018 predictions (what I think will actually happen):

- details on Super Smash Bros for Switch
- a new game from a Nintendo IP that hasn't yet gotten a Switch game, like Star Fox or Animal Crossing
- an ARMS update
- a new Mario sports game for Switch, like Mario Golf Switch
- another hit game from the PS3/360 era ported to Switch, like Grand Theft Auto V
-
another major Wii U title ported to Switch, like Super Mario 3D World or Super Mario Maker
- another Steam game ported to Switch

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Sony's conference reeks of "we have nothing to show". All of this time, all of the money spent on this "interactive experience" BS and forcing the audience to walk from one stage to another, just for four games? And I thought Nintendo was the one with "NO GAEMZ!!!!".

Won't take much for Nintendo to win this E3, it's been pretty mediocre all around. All Nintendo has to do is show off Smash and Prime 4 (which we already know exist and the former's even confirmed to show up) and it's easily better than every other conference so far.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This actual content of this presentation wasn't inherently bad but wow that was a bad presentation. The second half they kinda picked up the pace a bit but the first half of that conference could've been condensed to probably 10-15 minutes. I don't think they would've been nearly as bad if the pacing wasn't so...awful? I wasn't expecting anything in particular but that's a shame.

Pokemon Power

Seriously, hardly any third-party games that would interest me. Only thing I found interesting was the new Spider-Man info. Looks like the Sinister Six are in there.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Worst conference from Sony i've ever seen, it felt like a huge waste.

Spiderman was freaking dope at least.

Vipsoccermaster

Only Nintendo is left so we'll see how their press conference goes.
Except they don't have a press conference. Just a Direct. Which is better for them than to be on-stage for potential accidents.

EA: Terrible. Need I say more?
Microsoft: Pretty good conference they had, but I have no interest in getting Xbox One X.
Bethesda: Good conference, though the opening was kind of slow.
Square Enix: I'll give them props for the format they presented, but they had nothing new to show, other than the two new IPs.
Ubisoft: Good conference, but not much of interest to be noted, other than the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids. For Star Fox in Starlink, I'm optimistic about it.
Sony: They had literally just about nothing new to show. Feels like a lot of stuff we have already seen last year, from Sony's E3 2017.

Definitely will be watching the Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning, and then I'm off to try out the games at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Sony likely had better exclusives, since most of the Microsoft conference was games available on something besides Xbox. But Microsoft clearly had a more engaging and entertaining conference... and that's coming from someone who's never had any Xbox ever. I saw this making rounds on Twitter and I agree with it: Sony's great performances in 2015-2017 came at the cost of them showing us everything they have planned for 2018-2019... which left them unable to surprise us at all, really.

Here's hoping Nintendo comes out swinging hard. I'm worried they're gonna underwhelm me... even with my low expectations.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Sony likely had better exclusives, since most of the Microsoft conference was games available on something besides Xbox. But Microsoft clearly had a more engaging and entertaining conference... and that's coming from someone who's never had any Xbox ever. I saw this making rounds on Twitter and I agree with it: Sony's great performances in 2015-2017 came at the cost of them showing us everything they have planned for 2018-2019... which left them unable to surprise us at all, really.

Here's hoping Nintendo comes out swinging hard. I'm worried they're gonna underwhelm me... even with my low expectations.

Which begs me to question why they didn't just announce any game that was in development, that would interest every one. Trailers aren't always needed, even an announcement on what they're working on would've worked out pretty well.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I'm very disappointed with E3 2018 as a whole thus far. Don't remember to be so apathetic with it before. I hope Nintendo will give a strong finish at least.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, only just over eight hours to go until Nintendo's event. I honestly cannot wait. Trying to get some sleep between now and then is going to be hard. Very excited for Smash Bros and Pokémon, and hopefully Metroid Prime 4 as well. Throw in some Animal Crossing, and everything would be perfect.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't really expect Nintendo to show off much new either, but they really don't need to. The confirmed lineup is already better than what the other developers have shown. We know we're seeing Smash and LGPE already. Fortnite and Star Fox Grand Prix are rumored (the former in particular being strongly supported). Prime 4, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem are fair bets. That's already a pretty good lineup, just throw in a few more surprises and that should be enough.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
When it came to Sony's Press Conference, my thoughts were like "meh." Hate to say it, but I don't think Sony is the one winning this year.

Most of their heavy hitters like God of War were released beforehand. Guess there's always next year.

I don't really expect Nintendo to show off much new either, but they really don't need to. The confirmed lineup is already better than what the other developers have shown. We know we're seeing Smash and LGPE already. Fortnite and Star Fox Grand Prix are rumored (the former in particular being strongly supported). Prime 4, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem are fair bets. That's already a pretty good lineup, just throw in a few more surprises and that should be enough.

I'm skeptical about the "leaks" but I hope the Fire Emblem game isn't a remake of Awakening. I'd prefer something new and original.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Most of their heavy hitters like God of War were released beforehand. Guess there's always next year.

I'm skeptical about the "leaks" but I hope the Fire Emblem game isn't a remake of Awakening. I'd prefer something new and original.
If you’re referring to the one that had Reawakening, that’s obviously fake considering the name itself is a red flag.