• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2018 Discussion Thread

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1. Check wikipedia. I already said it. There are around 20 titles that occurred in that image. Probably most of those are DLCs which are also a titles, but DLCs for Fallout don't appear probably because those DLCs in ES are much more important or 'wider'.
2.I am pretty sure they're even in popularity as of now. Lmao no. Fallout 4 actually sold more than 20 million. NW sold around 12 million.So yes Fallout 4 and NV passed 10 million mark.Hines said 4 sold more than Skyrim and Skyrim sold around 30 million.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-surpasses-skyrim-to-become-bethesdas-mos/1100-6447621/

Scheduled spinoffs?Like Fallout 76?You said off/s which means there will be one more spin off before 5?Or you're talking about something else?If they have new Fallout game coming in 2021(spin off) then it's all good. So what if they're developing ES6 and Starfield? You're acting like they have like 20-30 people in it, they have 200 people in Bethesda, each team can do another game. Game Freak has different teams for sequels, main game, remakes and other stuff. Same thing can happen in Bethesda - main team works for ES6, team B and C work on Starfield and spin off Fallout/remake of Fallout1/2.

How it is irrelevant? Just because they did it 8 years ago, doesn't mean it's all done for them. Bethesda can easily give them to make spin off/remakes again or another company, if they have no time if they're too busy with ES6 and Starfield. So either way new Fallout game can come out in 2021; if they're busy give it to Obsidian/new company to make it, if they're not, they can make it.

I don't understand why shouldn't be expected? I gave multiple reasons why it can happen; a) math( by math in my previous comment new Fallout may come in 2021), b) waiting( no Fallout fan will wait 7 years for new game to come and fans who don't like PvP like 70% of Fallout fans - if you don't believe me check Fallout forums) will wait 10 years for new games to come, c) other companies can make them if Bethesda doesn't have time

Financial cost. That's why remakes should happen and it will be good for them financially.
a) After financial drainage from Starfield and ES6 they would remake Fallout 1/2 with just better graphics and changed view
b) they wouldn't lose money on; making new characters, drawing them , making story, because they have everything served. They only need to make them in better graphics and another view and action.They will make them in 2 years rather than spending 4 years to make a spin off.In return they will get more than 10 million copies sold. Now, I am not really sure how this budget/gross works for games( I know for movies) but I know that remaking Fallout 1 and 2 will cost less than making Fallout 4.If Fallout costed like 90 million. Fallout 1/2 will be around 50-60 million altogether. If Fallout 4 sold 30 million copies according to Hines. Fallout 1/2 will earn less per say 15-16 million.At max 20. I think this will be same situation with Pokemon main titles where they all earn lots of money from their budget of 50/60 million dollars.And look Pokemon franchise is second the best franchise, so in other words Fallout 1/2 remakes will earn them a lot of money with smaller budget and big copies sold.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I did read what you said, thus I was responding to it - common sense, lol.

You didn't read it though, because we explained exactly why we wont see a Fallout remake. Bethesda is a small studio, it would take a lot of time and money to remake Fallout 1 or 2, let alone both. Time and money better spent on making a new game, which is what they're doing. Bethesda doesn't do remakes.

Making games is not as simple as you seem to think it is, and the demand for Fallout 1 and 2 remakes is non-existent.

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
1. Check wikipedia. I already said it. There are around 20 titles that occurred in that image. Probably most of those are DLCs which are also a titles, but DLCs for Fallout don't appear probably because those DLCs in ES are much more important or 'wider'.
2.I am pretty sure they're even in popularity as of now. Lmao no. Fallout 4 actually sold more than 20 million. NW sold around 12 million.So yes Fallout 4 and NV passed 10 million mark.Hines said 4 sold more than Skyrim and Skyrim sold around 30 million.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-surpasses-skyrim-to-become-bethesdas-mos/1100-6447621/

Scheduled spinoffs?Like Fallout 76?You said off/s which means there will be one more spin off before 5?Or you're talking about something else?If they have new Fallout game coming in 2021(spin off) then it's all good. So what if they're developing ES6 and Starfield? You're acting like they have like 20-30 people in it, they have 200 people in Bethesda, each team can do another game. Game Freak has different teams for sequels, main game, remakes and other stuff. Same thing can happen in Bethesda - main team works for ES6, team B and C work on Starfield and spin off Fallout/remake of Fallout1/2.

How it is irrelevant? Just because they did it 8 years ago, doesn't mean it's all done for them. Bethesda can easily give them to make spin off/remakes again or another company, if they have no time if they're too busy with ES6 and Starfield. So either way new Fallout game can come out in 2021; if they're busy give it to Obsidian/new company to make it, if they're not, they can make it.

I don't understand why shouldn't be expected? I gave multiple reasons why it can happen; a) math( by math in my previous comment new Fallout may come in 2021), b) waiting( no Fallout fan will wait 7 years for new game to come and fans who don't like PvP like 70% of Fallout fans - if you don't believe me check Fallout forums) will wait 10 years for new games to come, c) other companies can make them if Bethesda doesn't have time

Financial cost. That's why remakes should happen and it will be good for them financially.
a) After financial drainage from Starfield and ES6 they would remake Fallout 1/2 with just better graphics and changed view
b) they wouldn't lose money on; making new characters, drawing them , making story, because they have everything served. They only need to make them in better graphics and another view and action.They will make them in 2 years rather than spending 4 years to make a spin off.In return they will get more than 10 million copies sold. Now, I am not really sure how this budget/gross works for games( I know for movies) but I know that remaking Fallout 1 and 2 will cost less than making Fallout 4.If Fallout costed like 90 million. Fallout 1/2 will be around 50-60 million altogether. If Fallout 4 sold 30 million copies according to Hines. Fallout 1/2 will earn less per say 15-16 million.At max 20. I think this will be same situation with Pokemon main titles where they all earn lots of money from their budget of 50/60 million dollars.And look Pokemon franchise is second the best franchise, so in other words Fallout 1/2 remakes will earn them a lot of money with smaller budget and big copies sold.

Elder Scrolls DLCs are not expansive enough to count as full games by literally any measure.

One man wildly throwing out claims that are unsupported by sales figures and analytics firms does not conjure truth from thin air; Fallout is not as big as his ridiculous claim.

Bethesda's size cannot be compared to Game Freak when the development effort going into their games is massively different.

Remaking old, old games with those engines and graphics requires building from the ground up - it's not just a remaster and it will cost almost as much as building an entirely new game, and use as many resources - no matter who does the dev work.

There is no indication Fallout remakes would actually sell well at all - remember, the original games were not as successful as later games.

Do you not think that if it was as easy or straightforward for them to just rake in buckets of cash like this, like your take suggests, they wouldn't already be doing it? Bethesda isn't new to this. They're an experienced company with a lot of tools st their disposal. If they thought this was the right thing to do, they would do it.

And that's not even getting into the question of whether they might not want to produce remakes for creative reasons, aside from the financials. Some developers - both whole studios and individual game directors - really don't like the idea of remaking their work.

Pokemon Power

Listen, I'm not trying to suggest that this thread has been active long enough and needs to be locked up, but might I suggest that this discussion on Bethesda remaking their games should have it's own thread?

CMButch

You explained why we won't see remakes, I explained why remakes can be possible.Having 200 people is not a small studio.Game Freak has 150 people, so based on that logic, it's a small studio and they have been doing remakes since 2004.So that argument of small studio = can't done remakes is pretty much moot.No, it wouldn't take money and time; I already explained that. Not sure if you read it. Fallout 4 costed 90 million dollars - remaking those two will cost less(50-60 million) and they have already have everything on table ( story, plot, characters, RPG elements) just RPG-FPS and better graphics. I don't know how it would take that ages to do if they have everything on the plate. It'd take them 2-3 years to do this while it took them 4-5 years to make Fallout 4.Just because they don't do it doesn't mean they will never do it. I know that making games is not as easy as it seems, but common sense is in every human being that making Fallout 4 is more time consuming and even money consuming than remaking two smaller games as one. Not to mention( I forgot) Fallout 1 and 2 are altogether 100 hour long, Fallout 4 is 200 hour long ( if they're done nicely and slow).So, logically remaking 100 hour games is less time and money consuming( concerning the factor that plot, story, characters, RPG elements are all served) than making new Fallout when they must make new story, characters, RPG elements and make new game 200-300 hour long.

Elder Scrolls DLCs are not expansive enough to count as full games by literally any measure.

One man wildly throwing out claims that are unsupported by sales figures and analytics firms does not conjure truth from thin air; Fallout is not as big as his ridiculous claim.

Bethesda's size cannot be compared to Game Freak when the development effort going into their games is massively different.

Remaking old, old games with those engines and graphics requires building from the ground up - it's not just a remaster and it will cost almost as much as building an entirely new game, and use as many resources - no matter who does the dev work.

There is no indication Fallout remakes would actually sell well at all - remember, the original games were not as successful as later games.

Do you not think that if it was as easy or straightforward for them to just rake in buckets of cash like this, like your take suggests, they wouldn't already be doing it? Bethesda isn't new to this. They're an experienced company with a lot of tools st their disposal. If they thought this was the right thing to do, they would do it.

And that's not even getting into the question of whether they might not want to produce remakes for creative reasons, aside from the financials. Some developers - both whole studios and individual game directors - really don't like the idea of remaking their work.

The point is still ES DLCs are getting updated every now and then and ES fans are getting new stuff every year, while Fallout fans are relying on mods.I have a friend who is massive ES fan and I know something about it. Look at ESO, ESO is still updating, new DLC which are big as titles( example Thieves DLC has its own map which is I believe as big as New Vegas map maybe even bigger).That DLC can look like it's own title,though like 40-50 hours can be played.

I don't why he would lie about it and make such a claim,though.He's a vice president of Bethesda,I'd understand if that is some random reporter, but this guy is like one of the key people in Bethesda. Pretty sure he's speaking the truth.

Yes, but I am talking about budget and copies sold. Example pretty sure that Fallout 4 earned more money than all Pokemon games except Red and Blue. Despite effort being different ( making turn based game with certain level graphics and making FPS game) budget can be same 50-60 million dollars and if they sell like 15-16 million copies they're even in business.This is same as movies if Wonder Woman costs like 120 million dollars and horror costs 120 million dollars and they have 800 m in BO, they're in the same. That's my point.

I don't see how turning from isometric, turn based game to FPS-RPG with everything else served( plot, characters, RPG elements and how long these games are( 40 hours F1 and F2 is 60 hours) is as same as making Fallout 4(as you say new game). In F4 they must make characters, RPG elements, factions, 200 hours long game, drawings how caves, cities look etc.I am pretty sure these alone would take 1 year more. I am pretty sure it'd take them 2 years to make Fallout 1/2 as 100 hour game( putting Fallout 1 and 2 together as one game) without DLCs plus additional several months of polishing testing the game etc. So yeah, if they start working on it in 2018, it can come out in 2021.If not Bethesda then Obsidian or other company.

Yes, but logically if we look at Fallout 4 who sold 30 million copies. Fallout 1/2 would spark interest in oldies( people who like NV,1 and 2 and hate 3 and 4) and newcomers who like 4.Now, imagine Fallout 1/2 in Fallout 4 graphics which would gather fans from 4 and NV, 1 and 2 fans. This is same as LGPE, it will spark an interest from oldies( Gen 1 fans) and fans that have been here since day 1 will buy this game to play it. It's a win-win from both sides.That's what Fallout 1/2 would be, try to gather fans who hate Bethesda and like 1,2 and NV and people who played 4 will play it because it's new graphics and FPS-RPG.
Making new games>>>>remaking old games>Remastering old game. Pretty much this is how time and money consuming it is.

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Literally the only part of that post I'm going to engage with is once again calling out the massive lie that F4 sold 30 million by any stretch of anyone's imagination, because you seemingly refuse to actually consider my points and arguments when I say anything else.

Bethesda remain hard at work on Starfield and TES VI, which were actually shown at E3 in some capacity and are real things that will really happen, and I'm quite excited to get more info on them! Hope at least one comes out before the PS5!

CMButch

Literally the only part of that post I'm going to engage with is once again calling out the massive lie that F4 sold 30 million by any stretch of anyone's imagination, because you seemingly refuse to actually consider my points and arguments when I say anything else.

Bethesda remain hard at work on Starfield and TES VI, which were actually shown at E3 in some capacity and are real things that will really happen, and I'm quite excited to get more info on them! Hope at least one comes out before the PS5!
But you didn't say any arguments/points except he's throwing claims about F4. And I chose to believe in vice-president more than you because he works in Bethesda so he knows for a fact what's happening because he's in it xd.I don't see how he would lie, he made both games( his property). I'd understand if he said that Fallout 3 earned more than Pokemon or CoD(different companies) because to boost his ego or something.BTW, Fallout spin off or remakes can still happen later. It can announced on E3 2019/2020 or even 2021( 76 is announced this year and it will come in late 2018). You're acting like this is last E3 or something xd.

Last edited: