• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2019 Discussion

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
So begins that wonderful time of year when the video game industry converges on Los Angeles. E3 2019 will be running from June 8th to June 13th.

Feel free to discuss any video game news here, please refrain from talking about Pokemon: Sword & Shield Version since this is the Other Video Game section, SWSH has it's own sub-forum for many discussions.

What video games are you excited for?
What video games do you think will be announced?

Pokemon Power

I have a strong feeling they'll announce the next DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, reveal at least one new Mario game, and give us new info on Luigi's Mansion 3, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening HD, Fire Emblem Three Houses and the new Animal Crossing on Switch. My personal hope is that they'll reveal Switch ports of the Wii U games Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3 and the Wonderful 101.
EDIT: Oh and why not? SNES games on Switch Online.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Looking forward to E3 since I only have SWSH and Smash news (which we got today with Sakurai confirming we’re getting our next character on the 12th) to hype me but Nintendo always has at least one game to intrigue me (hoping it’s Animal Crossing as I’ve heard a lot about it and want to try it)

Knowing that the Direct is ~40 mins is perfect since that’s the exact amount of time I have for my lunch break between classes.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'm hopeful that this year will be better in terms of games I actually want to play.

From Nintendo I'd like to see some actual gameplay footage for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Link's Awakening. I'm hopeful they'll reveal something for Bayonetta 3 since it's been in development for two years. The one game I'd like to be announced for the Nintendo Switch is the Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

From other developers I would like to see something for Elder Scrolls 6 but doubt Bethesda will reveal anything since it's "several" years away from release. Although I have a strong hatred for EA I'm hopeful they wont ruin Command & Conquer Remastered with microtransactions.

Ascended Dialga

My wishlist for the Nintendo Direct (what I hope to see):
- Any of the following fighters for SSBU: King Boo, Mike Jones, Sora, Sephiroth, Banjo & Kazooie, Prince of Persia, Gunvolt, Ryu Hayabusa, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Earthworm Jim, or Aero the Acro-Bat
- Mario Golf Switch
- some more games from the PS3/360 era ported to Switch, such as the Bioshock trilogy
- an officially localized release of Mother 3
- Metroid Prime trilogy HD
- Super Mario Sunshine HD
- a new Paper Mario game
- the addition of SNES games to Nintendo Switch Online

My predictions for the Direct (what I think will actually happen):
- a teaser for a new major first-party Nintendo title
- an in-depth look at LoZ: Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3
- a game from the PS3/360 era ported to Switch
- another Steam game ported to Switch
- a Nindies reel
- more info on Animal Crossing
- a new SSBU fighter
- a YouTube live chat full of toxic fans screaming for Virtual Console and for info on Animal Crossing and new SSBU fighters

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Doubt we'll see anything for Metroid Prime 4 since its restarted development. Suppose it'll be a game that comes later in the Switch's life cycle.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Looking forward to E3 since I only have SWSH and Smash news (which we got today with Sakurai confirming we’re getting our next character on the 12th)
Keep in mind that "the 12th" is referring to Japanese time, and our announcement will be in the E3 direct.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Microsoft has ended its conference.

...Eh. I give it 6.5/10.

Xbox is always about a bunch of Western-looking games that have the same thing in common: "pew pew pew" in different coats of paint. And the variety is always a game in a different art style that doesn't have as much love as the realistic-looking games plaguing Xbox (and PS4), and if it has as much love...chances are it ain't an (in ominous announcer guy's voice) EXCLUSIVE.

I also noticed how this damn company likes consuming other companies into their studio just to avoid sharing the games with other consoles. They continue doing it every year, and now any new Psychonauts past 2 has been lost to them.

Since Sony's out of the picture, Nintendo has a good chance to show good stuff. Well, I hope.

Pokemon Power

The new Battletoads looks fun, and that Lego Star Wars game with all nine main series movies looks like it could be great, though the rest of the conference seemed lacking to me. It was mostly shooter games.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
At first I thought the trailer with the guy wandering around the woods was an Alan Wake sequel. Turns out it was for the Blair Witch game...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Nothing really mindblowing to be honest. I will admit though, Keanu Reeves man! Keanu Reeves! Only he alone can cause so much excitement in the air. Also Ms. Nakamura revealing Ghostwire: Tokyo, she is just so adorably cute! So far, Cyberpunk 2077, Ghostwire: Tokyo and believe it or not, Fallout 76 has also caught my interest the most. I say Fallout 76 because it honestly looks like they are returning to the old Fallout formula, I'm not talking about Fallout 4, I'm talking Fallout 3 & New Vegas where the RPG mechanics were the big seller. I am honestly intrigued by that free expansion as a Fallout fan.

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
The hell did they do to Commander Keen?

Pay-to-win is going to tarnish the franchise's name for those who haven't played the original by being freemium, IMO.

Add to that ANOTHER f**king streaming service/launcher...

Bethesda is going downhill fast.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So who else agrees Ms. Nakamura is charming & beautiful & smart & beautiful & artistic & beautiful & honest & beautiful & excited & beautiful. Did I ever say she's beautiful hahaha. To be honest, it's quite strange and rare for me to talk openly like this. I'll probably forget about it in short time but it seems like the internet won't, almost like they are in love with her or something. Hopefully it won't grow to anything toxic, the internet can be an unpredictable beast.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Definitely looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal, and I've got my eyes on Halo Infinite and the new Tom Clancy game but I'm gonna wait until they actually come out and I can watch some gameplay to decide whether or not they're worth my money. I'm also interested in what they'll do with FO76. Not gonna lie, I'm firmly in the camp that believes that game is absolute trash in its current state, but adding some of the RPG elements it so sorely lacks is a huge step in the right direction to fixing it. Next they need to make PvP not completely pointless, what's the point in playing a multiplayer FO game if you can't shoot people because you don't like their attitudes (or you can, but there's literally no point in doing so)?

D2 going free-to-play and moving to Steam is pretty huge. Not exactly the biggest D2 fan but I might pick it back up for a while when that happens.

Of the conferences, the only one I have watched was Microsoft's. Of the games shown, these are the ones that interested me: The Outer Worlds, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Cyberpunk 2077, Age of Empires II Definitive Edition, Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga, Dying Light 2, Phantasy Star Online 2, Tales of Arise, Borderlands 3, and Halo Infinite.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
The Bandai Namco announcements leaked ahead of time and I have to say the new Tales of Arise looks absolutely stunning, huge step up from the old engine and I can't wait to see more.

Same. The graphics look extremely impressive, and I’m curious to learn more about the characters. I wonder if this game will get a Switch release at some point?

There are some things that I feel mixed about though. The trailer didn’t exactly give off a “Tales of” vibe, and it felt like it could have been a different JRPG due to the way the combat looks so far. People have described close design similarities between these two characters and previous ones, which tell me that they aren’t exactly very unique. And the synopsis of the story talks about two worlds being in conflict with one another, which is an idea that has already been used in the series quite a bit. It doesn’t sound very original at first glance, but guess we’ll have to find out more in future info.

I’ve never been much of a fan of shooting games, so a lot of the ones that were shown don’t appeal to me. The only other game I feel certain on getting is the new Ori. Ones like Spiritfarer and Way to the Woods look interesting.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Dont know if I'm just getting old or if it's the way the industry is moving but I'm getting tired of all these post-apocalyptic shooters. There's literally so many coming out I can barely tell the difference between Far Cry: New Dawn, Cyberpunk 2077, Rage 2, Fallout 76, and Outer Worlds. Most have such similar color palettes it's hard to tell what trailer you're watching.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Dont know if I'm just getting old or if it's the way the industry is moving but I'm getting tired of all these post-apocalyptic shooters. There's literally so many coming out I can barely tell the difference between Far Cry: New Dawn, Cyberpunk 2077, Rage 2, Fallout 76, and Outer Worlds. Most have such similar color palettes it's hard to tell what trailer you're watching.
Worse. All of those are first/third-person shooters.