• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2019 Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Between Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and the new Avengers game, that's now two game I'm very interested in that aren't coming to Switch. Typically, if I'm interested in the game, it's on a Nintendo console, and if it's not, then I tend to not be interested in it to begin with. The Star Wars game looks especially interesting to me. It's the story-based, adventure Star Wars game I've been wanting since The Force Unleashed 2. And while there was no gameplay shown for Avengers, the story certainly looks interesting enough to catch my attention, and I love Marvel stuff in general. Pretty bummed out.

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Think I'm just not as invested in gaming as a whole anymore because for the past couple of E3's I haven't been to excited about anything. Almost like I know exactly what I want and dont feel the need to expand my horizons. One reason might be I only play on Nintendo systems and dont feel like purchasing games on different systems.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Think I'm just not as invested in gaming as a whole anymore because for the past couple of E3's I haven't been to excited about anything. Almost like I know exactly what I want and dont feel the need to expand my horizons. One reason might be I only play on Nintendo systems and dont feel like purchasing games on different systems.
It's because we've seen like 18 shooter games in all of E3 so far.

I'm not kidding. It IS around that number, and those have some of the longest videos.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm so glad that we have finally received a release date for the Final Fantasy 7 remake. The original Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite games of all time. The cinematic trailer for the remake gave me goosebumps.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to America and that makes me very happy. I've enjoyed E3 a lot thus far.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
TBH I'd say calling SE best in show is more a testament to how weak the other shows were rather than how strong SE's was. 90% of what they showed we already knew about (LIS2, FF7R, both DQ games, Octopath on Steam, FFXIV Shadowbringers, etc.), so there was very little surprise value or much of anything new. I mean heck, the biggest surprise was probably FF8! Revealing FF7R gameplay was solid because I'm a firm believer that Gameplay > Cinematic Trailers in the equation of deciding whether or not I'm going to buy a game. But a lot of the other trailers had very little actual gameplay, aside from DQ but we've seen both Builders and 11's gameplay already.

Strong start with FF7R, average rest of the time.
Sounds better than their last E3, where their big blowout was Kingdom Hearts 3, which was already at the Microsoft conference.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's because we've seen like 18 shooter games in all of E3 so far.

I'm not kidding. It IS around that number, and those have some of the longest videos.

I'm not sure why you're surprised, shooters have have generally been the lion's share of E3 and the western gaming market in general for years now. I get that might annoy you if you don't enjoy shooters, but looking at it from a marketing standpoint, shooters have a much larger audience in the west than, say, JRPGs or something. Most gamers have a shooter or two they enjoy, even if they don't consider themselves FPS/TPS players. Even before I picked up shooters competitively I was a casual Team Fortress 2 player, even if I wasn't very good at it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not sure why you're surprised, shooters have have generally been the lion's share of E3 and the western gaming market in general for years now. I get that might annoy you if you don't enjoy shooters, but looking at it from a marketing standpoint, shooters have a much larger audience in the west than, say, JRPGs or something. Most gamers have a shooter or two they enjoy, even if they don't consider themselves FPS/TPS players. Even before I picked up shooters competitively I was a casual Team Fortress 2 player, even if I wasn't very good at it.
I would argue that most people watching E3 are a pretty niche audience that are going to want a motley list of games to play.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So has there been any more MK 11 DLC news? I know that Shang Tsung is supposed to be a playable demo at the event and there are rumors circulating that the final two DLC fighters will be revealed.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Here's my predictions for Nintendo's E3:

-Animal Crossing is finally shown off
-Details on Luigi's Mansion 3
-Details on The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
-More details on Super Mario Maker 2
-Pokemon Sword and Shield will not be in the E3 Direct having already been covered in the Pokemon Direct, but will get Treehouse coverage. Demo will include the Wild Area and show off a few new Pokemon not shown in the Pokemon Direct.
-Retro's game will finally be shown off (not sure what it is)
-New Paper Mario game announced
-Details on Town
-Metroid Prime Trilogy finally confirmed
-Spyro Reignited finally confirmed
-Something Banjo Kazooie from Microsoft, not sure what. Either Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, Rare Replay for Switch, or Xbox Game Pass for Switch
-New fighter shown off for Smash Ultimate

EDIT:

And I've already been proven wrong on something in record time, Sword and Shield will show up in the E3 Direct:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ct_will_feature_pokemon_sword_and_shield_news

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I would argue that most people watching E3 are a pretty niche audience that are going to want a motley list of games to play.
And I would argue that E3 is one of if not the biggest gaming conventions in the world and certainly in the west, meaning it's going to largely appeal to what's popular in the west. And you do get your motley list of games. It's not all shooters, there were plenty of other genres covered as well, from the new FF expansion to a new game based on Minecraft. Just so happens various FPS/TPS games take the spotlight because generally speaking they appeal to the largest audience.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nintendo is killing it!

Witcher 3 is here! Heck yes. Definitely getting it. ;) Looking forward to Zelda too along with other games.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Pretty surprised and impressed to see Witcher 3 for the Switch. I won't get it since I've played it on my PS4, but for those who plan to get it for the Switch, I can't recommend it enough. A phenomenal game. Will be interesting to see how well the Switch copes with the game.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pretty surprised and impressed to see Witcher 3 for the Switch. I won't get it since I've played it on my PS4, but for those who plan to get it for the Switch, I can't recommend it enough. A phenomenal game. Will be interesting to see how well the Switch copes with the game.
Yea I am too. I'd get it on my PC, but I'm not sure it could handle it. Definitely.

Hyped for No More Heroes III too. A real surprise! Glad he's back in a big adventure.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well Banjo and Kazooie saved this Nintendo E3, it was a complete waste of time otherwise.

Grey Wind

Overall I thought that direct was pretty awful lol, but I'm soooo excited for BOTW 2 even if it's probably not gonna be released for years. Disappointed Animal Crossing was delayed but it was expected, it looks cute.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Nintendo saved themselves in the final minutes imo. If it wasn't for AC (even if it was confirmed delayed), and BOTW2, I reckon this Direct would've been an epic bust. But IDK.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So I thought this direct was amazing. I freaking love Luigi Mansion's Skyscraper, it's one of the best online multiplayer experiences the 3DS offers! No More Heroes looks awesome! Breath of the Wild 2! Astral Chain! The new water gym of Sword & Shield looks great! Banjo & Kazooie was an amazing surprise! Animal Crossing... yeah, I'm not a big crazy fan but I know a lot of fans will definitely be excited of that. The only game that I thought was kind of "meh" was Sonic & Mario at the Olympics.