• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2019 Discussion

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm just so sad right now. I need this new Animal Crossing. It was already so upsetting to have to wait until winter 2019. I can't stand the thought of waiting until 2020. The game looks amazing, but I don't want to wait that long. Major major bummer.

Overall, this presentation was not good for me. It was composed almost entirely of third party games that I have absolutely zero interest in and two Smash Bros DLC characters that I have no interest in. The showing of Animal Crossing and Breath of the Wild 2 were really the only things worth much. Link's Awakening was nice too, I guess. I was expecting some more Mario Maker stuff, oh well, maybe we'll get some new stuff during the Tree House.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh yeah. How could I also forget about Fire Emblem Three Houses! it appears the students you work with grow up into adults. That's interesting.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Man, the wild area in Sword & Shield looks even bigger during a playthrough.
Definitely. Love it and I'm glad they went for a mix of random encounters and more direct ones.

shoz999

Huh... it appears the Wild Area really is the new Festival Plaza. You can battle and trade trainers in the Wild Area. Still hope some kind of PSS system appears where you don't have to perform battles and trades only in the Wild Area.

shoz999

Now I probably heard this wrong... but did they say you can only transfer Pokemon to Sword & Shield if they are in the Galar Pokedex?

Pokemon Power

Now I probably heard this wrong... but did they say you can only transfer Pokemon to Sword & Shield if they are in the Galar Pokedex?
DRAT! There's gonna be a bunch of backlash over this.
Also, we already knew about a bunch of these titles. I was hoping for a bunch of brand-new titles, and the only one we got was the Breath of the Wild sequel. On the bright side, the Dragon Quest Hero and Banjo and Kazooie are welcome additions to Smash Ultimate, and Luigi's Mansion 3 looks fun.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
That would be correct.

Overall 8/10 for me. Definitely picking up Witcher 3 alongside FE: Three Houses!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That would be correct.

Overall 8/10 for me. Definitely picking up Witcher 3 alongside FE: Three Houses!
Pretty much the same for me.

Not that bummed over Home though. The rest of the game makes it up for me.

Last edited:

shoz999

I assume you can transfer all your Pokemon to home? Just not the Sword & Shield games? That's still not good. I can already see this as an excuse for Pokemon fans following the trend of hating new generations to see Gen 8 as the worst generation. You know why? Because that hate trend started with Gen 3's lack of a transfer feature! This is terrible, very terrible. No, no no. Why would they even do this? So many of my Pokemon I've gotten all the way back from Gen 4 could potentially be locked out from Sword & Shield. This is without a doubt the worst feature of Pokemon Sword & Shield before it's even released. I know they say don't judge until the game releases but even you guys have to admit this is so awful that you have to wonder what GameFreak was thinking!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Fair points. I kind of view this as similar to how I felt about Mario Maker 2 and it's non inclusion of Amiibo. I was bummed about that to be honest and I'm planning on waiting to get that game.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
It's cool that Nintendo is diversifying their game lineup. Since I don't have a console outside the Switch (that's current), I'm pretty happy with the new stuff that's coming. Granted, I don't have as much time for games as I used to, but it's nice to know I have the opportunity and availability to get stuff like this.

I had no clue Animal Crossing for Switch was a thing. I mean, I'd heard people talk about it, but I wasn't in the loop. So far, it looks great! And an early 2020 release doesn't sound bad at all. Like Miyamoto always says, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever," so I'll trust them on it. Three Houses also looks promising and BOTW 2. I. Am. Hyped. I checked the audio of the trailer in reverse and it doesn't sound like anything familiar, but it may be that it's not supposed to yet. Either way, the conference was nice. Not earth shattering, but it was satisfactory. After seeing Dragon Quest everywhere, I'm gonna be honest and say I'm tired of seeing it, but that doesn't make it bad, so I might check it out at some point.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Huh... it appears the Wild Area really is the new Festival Plaza. You can battle and trade trainers in the Wild Area. Still hope some kind of PSS system appears where you don't have to perform battles and trades only in the Wild Area.
I'd like to correct that one.

The 'Y' button can be seen in different locations in the screens of Pokémon website outside Wild Area, meaning WideComm 'should' work properly everywhere.
__

For E3 announcement, as I was so hyped to watch the TreeHouse Live Demo for SWSH, I feel like I inhaled so bad that I choked upon seeing Zelda: BoTW 2.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Games aside, that joke with Doug Bowser at the beginning was hilarious. I loved Bowser's reaction to being told they didn't mean him. He was so dazed and confused. It was as if he was questioning all of his life choices.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Good E3. Not amazing, but definitely one of the better ones in recent years. Luigi's Mansion looks good, I like how they're fleshing out the gameplay and especially the Poltergust's abilities. Link's Awakening surprised me with the dungeon maker, I wasn't as interested in it before but now I'm getting it for sure. BotW2 is a nice surprise, even if it's not that unexpected. Banjo in Smash is a nice inclusion, and the first DLC character I actually like. And I've been waiting for Spyro Reignited forever, glad to finally see it confirmed. I would've liked a few more surprises, but I wasn't really disappointed all that much with this Direct. I'll give this E3 a B.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Last edited:

shoz999

I'm surprised no one here is talking about the Panzer Dragoon remake. I've never actually played it but I have seen enough footage and know enough that this is a huge deal to Sega fans as Panzer Dragon used to be a Sega's answer to an Sega-exclusive Star Fox.