• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2021 Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm glad that I didn't get my hopes up for FF7 Remake Part 2 and FF16 news.
Same. SquareEnix is just underwhelming. It's too bad about no Switch ports.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
But they've given us the best memes. Stranger in Paradise is good for something after all.

That's because E3 is basically irrelevant at this point.
Probably. For starters, these kind of threads are usually way more active than usual which is a probably sign that E3 is a dead platform for game reveals.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
How would you guys rank the E3 presentations so far? In my opinion...

1. Square Enix - This is a pretty boring presentation in my opinion which says a lot of what I think about the others since I think this is the winner so far. The only reason it wins by default is that it actually shows off a few new interesting games through gameplay and hi-octane action gameplay to best describe it from Platinum Games and Ninja Theory which always delivers some really fun titles that people just go crazy over. Outside of that... I feel like Square Enix's boring presentation accurately sums up people's boredom with E3 so far. Not seeing a lot of hype for E3 like I usually do which as mentioned previously is understandable due to COVID.

2. Microsoft - The Outer Worlds 2 Cinematic Trailer was the best thing to come out of Microsoft. Says a lot about the other stuff they showed which was pretty much just teasers, cinematic trailers, stuff they've already shown repeatedly years ago, and a constant reminder of older games that we don't need to hear about from Bethesda. Outside of that, I normally don't care for Microsoft E3's presentation because it's just shooters again and again but I enjoyed the Stalker and Battlefield 2042 gameplay. Three games I got hyped for from this presentation.

3. Ubisoft - Mario +Rabbids was easily the best reveal here. The problem with this presentation is that it was mostly just DLCs and expansions. As another person said, almost like spending too much time watching an Activision game or DLC in this case lol.

The funny thing is, we know these companies actually have a lot more games for later. It just feels like they aren't taking E3 seriously like they used to.

I haven't been actively watching because Nintendo is the only thing I'm really focused on this year. However, with the reveals I've seen so far, I don't think I'll be getting a PS5 or Xbox One anytime soon. lol

I'm hoping Bandai Namco has some interesting reveals on Tuesday.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I haven't been actively watching because Nintendo is the only thing I'm really focused on this year. However, with the reveals I've seen so far, I don't think I'll be getting a PS5 or Xbox One anytime soon. lol

I'm hoping Capcom does Dragon Dogma's 2. Is Capcom having a E3 Direct? I hope they do.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I personally think, given how Sony has distanced themself from E3 and their holds on their console exclusives, any FFVII Part 2 or FFXVI news would be saved for a State of Play. Which is probably sometime in the summer. Could be wrong.

SE doesn't have any other IPs right now.
Kingdom Hearts is on cooldown until the next saga is mapped out. Or until they decide they have enough hail mary's ready for a game.
DQXII is just an announcement and was already, alongside a heck ton of other titles, shown in the DQ Anniversary.

Genos

Dread
Pretty strange to announce StarField is releasing in next year's November.

But yeah Square Enix's E3 was bad. I'm enjoying the memes coming out of Twitter.

Pokemon Power

I plan on watching the Capcom event today. Not really a big fan of Resident Evil, but I am hoping to see them announce something new for Mega Man, perhaps a new Legacy Collection.

Of the showcases yesterday I would say the Xbox & Bethesda one was the best. The Square Enix one, ehh, not very good. Especially when considering the backlash to Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (focusing on Final Fantasy I - VI) only coming to Steam and mobile. However I am happy that Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is not a Playstation exclusive.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
With SE, I think what they should have done is release the first six FF games for home consoles as they aren’t as large in file size as later games and it would broaden the horizon for fans of the series and to increase sales. But at least a Mana game will be coming out as that series seems to be underrepresented for such a fan favorite.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual

I'm just focusing on Nintendo too, especially with all the rumors about a new Switch model. I'm also hoping for the next DLC fighter in Smash Ultimate but then just seeing what happens with an open mindset.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Anyone else hoping for a new spyro game? Maybe make him the next DLC for smash bros? I'm looking forward to the new pokemon games as well. Hoping for a better pokedex. The original diamond pearl pokedex was underwhelming.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Anyone else hoping for a new spyro game? Maybe make him the next DLC for smash bros? I'm looking forward to the new pokemon games as well. Hoping for a better pokedex. The original diamond pearl pokedex was underwhelming.
The Spyro on the switch was superrrrrrr laggy. Was annoing

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That strange feeling when Verizon has a presentation.

E3 is first and foremost a trade event, meant for investors and partners to preview upcoming potentials before making financial claims for the next fiscal year.

It's only in recent years that E3 became a public showcase, so exhibitions from companies like Samsung and Verizon are to be expected. One thing I actually learned some years ago is that not all exhibitors publicize their showcases. Some, usually companies not explicitly within the gaming industry, attend the E3 event solely to meet with investors.

The Mega Champion

Square Enix's event was a complete and utter waste of my god damn time. It really was.

It's plummeted my confidence in Digimon Survive news finally and the rumored .hack thing.

Your company name is Square Enix not f-ing Marvel. But clearly you also have been bought by Marvel/Disney with the **** that I watched was.

Final Fantasy Origin will not be a game that I play because it's a Souls-like. Unless they make the game something casual players like me can enjoy without being frustrated every 5 god damn seconds... I won't be playing it. Which is extremely doubtful.

This is the most I've ever been frustrated with Square Enix. I guess I should be happy though. Because no FF16 release date. Which likely means it's not coming out this year. If it had and I still didn't have a PS5..... well... i would have started rioting. So no rioting for me. Yay. I guess.

I'm still pretty damn annoyed. Even now.

Either way there's once again nothing I'm interested in today. Even if Capcom shows Ace Attorney... it'll be Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and that will literally be it.

So see you all tomorrow. I legit am hoping for better things from Nintendo and Bandai Namco's events. But like I said... my confidence has plummeted.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.