• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2021 Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJechgo

I don't really care much about other studios outside of Nintendo, so basically, I would really love for Nintendo to show long-awaited games and release dates (BotW2, MP4, Bayo3, Splatoon 3), new rumored games (Donkey Kong "Odyssey", new Monolith Soft game), new consoles for the NSO (N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, GBA), ports of both 3DS and Wii U games (Kid Icarus Uprising, Xenoblade Chronicles X) and TWO Smash reveals (hoping for Rillaboom and Lloyd Irving).

I still got my fingers super double crossed for Soulcalibur VI on the Switch.
You... will un-cross them to let the blood circulate, right :p ?

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I don't really care much about other studios outside of Nintendo, so basically, I would really love for Nintendo to show long-awaited games and release dates (BotW2, MP4, Bayo3, Splatoon 3), new rumored games (Donkey Kong "Odyssey", new Monolith Soft game), new consoles for the NSO (N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, GBA), ports of both 3DS and Wii U games (Kid Icarus Uprising, Xenoblade Chronicles X) and TWO Smash reveals (hoping for Rillaboom and Lloyd Irving).

You... will un-cross them to let the blood circulate, right :p ?

That all honestly sounds like a dream come true, but this is Nintendo so who knows? BotW2 news is all I'm really invested in right now, and if there's a time and a place, this is gonna be it. I had it in the back of my mind that maybe they'll mention Skyward Sword again with it's release only being a month out, but probably not? Maybe a showcase of the Age of Calamity DLC right before it goes live, considering it's slated to come out this month? Idk that seems like something that they would do.

I support new consoles for NSO, lowkey been praying for essentially everything from the gamecube era (Wind Waker, Colosseum/XD, Sonic Mega Collection) and/or Emerald (if only for the stinking Battle Frontier, or Minish Cap because it's been the hottest of minutes). Nintendo will find a way to capitalize however they can, but tbh I just feel vaguely whelmed by Z35 and P25 so far, especially after the Mario Anniversary? Like I'm mildly hopeful to see what's gonna happen, and I know they aren't gonna come out and give us every port or remaster of every game they've ever made, but the hype train's gotta start chugging along again imo. Like BotW2 and Legends are gonna be the heavy hitters so like...ya know...give us some more to work with lol.

MrJechgo

That all honestly sounds like a dream come true, but this is Nintendo so who knows? BotW2 news is all I'm really invested in right now, and if there's a time and a place, this is gonna be it. I had it in the back of my mind that maybe they'll mention Skyward Sword again with it's release only being a month out, but probably not? Maybe a showcase of the Age of Calamity DLC right before it goes live, considering it's slated to come out this month? Idk that seems like something that they would do.
They did say that "news for BotW2 will coming later this year" before announcing SSHD.

Metroid Prime 4 could use a real trailer, and after 4 years, I fail to understand why nothing has been shown for Bayonetta 3. It feels like recent events screwed over how a game can be revealed. Cyberpunk 2077 is a good example of an overhyped game that ended up "undergood" ^^;
I support new consoles for NSO, lowkey been praying for essentially everything from the gamecube era (Wind Waker, Colosseum/XD, Sonic Mega Collection) and/or Emerald (if only for the stinking Battle Frontier, or Minish Cap because it's been the hottest of minutes). Nintendo will find a way to capitalize however they can, but tbh I just feel vaguely whelmed by Z35 and P25 so far, especially after the Mario Anniversary? Like I'm mildly hopeful to see what's gonna happen, and I know they aren't gonna come out and give us every port or remaster of every game they've ever made, but the hype train's gotta start chugging along again imo. Like BotW2 and Legends are gonna be the heavy hitters so like...ya know...give us some more to work with lol.
Indeed ^_^

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
They did say that "news for BotW2 will coming later this year" before announcing SSHD.

As far as BotW2, if there's anything? It'll probably be the title reveal, some gameplay, and the release date. That's like...the best case scenario. Considering it'll be two years tomorrow since the first look trailer, it's all but certain that we're getting the news at E3 but we know by now not to get our hopes up haha

I'm really standing by my AoC DLC thought though, I haven't found a release date other than "June 2021" for the first wave, so it just makes sense to me. I've never played Metroid or Cyberpunk and I've seen Bayonetta played a handful of times, but yeah it doesn't make sense that it's been 4 years with like...little info if any?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm hearing that the highlights of Summer Games Fest are the Elden Ring and Metal Slug Tactics games.

Ascended Dialga

Here's what I'm hoping for:
- The next DLC fighter for SSBU. I hope it's either Mike Jones (from StarTropics), Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ryu Hayabusa (from the Ninja Gaiden series), Jason & SOPHIA (from Blaster Master), Earthworm Jim, Ninten (from Mother 1), Miriam (from Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night), Dr. Eggman, or a Gen 8 Pokémon.
- A new trailer for BotW 2 and a release date.
- More info on Splatoon 3.
- More info on Metroid Prime 4.
- More info on Bayonetta 3.
- More info on the Diamond & Pearl remakes and on Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
- A compilation of the first three Paper Mario games remastered in HD
- Something to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Kid Icarus, like a new Kid Icarus game or an HD remaster of Uprising.
- Something to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Metroid, like an HD remaster of the Metroid Prime trilogy or a 2.5D remake of Metroid Fusion.
- Something to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Legend of Zelda, like Legend of Zelda Maker or a port of Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD.
- Something to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Donkey Kong.
- The addition of Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and/or Nintendo 64 games to NSO.
- An official localization of Mother 3.
- More games from PS3/360 era ported to the Switch, like Red Dead Redemption or the Batman Arkham games.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I'm so relieved Elden Ring has re-appeared and has a release date. Their fanbase can no longer feel pain.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Elden Ring sure looks cool, but I'll never play it. I don't have the time to devote to Souls-like games to git good.

The Tales of Arise trailer looked pretty good too. Really liking how it's shaping up.

MrJechgo

As far as BotW2, if there's anything? It'll probably be the title reveal, some gameplay, and the release date. That's like...the best case scenario. Considering it'll be two years tomorrow since the first look trailer, it's all but certain that we're getting the news at E3 but we know by now not to get our hopes up haha
It would be a good place to reveal stuff for BotW2 though ;)
I'm really standing by my AoC DLC thought though, I haven't found a release date other than "June 2021" for the first wave, so it just makes sense to me. I've never played Metroid or Cyberpunk and I've seen Bayonetta played a handful of times, but yeah it doesn't make sense that it's been 4 years with like...little info if any?
We might see this as well. I just didn't care much about Age of Calamity, especially after it can't run properly on Switch ^^;

BTW, the "Cyberpunk 2077" part refers to how CD Projekt Red released a bunch of trailers showing the various gameplay features, but at launch, not only the game struggled to run on current consoles, but some of these shown features were missing, and might not return. For instance, when the game was first shown, the PS4 and XBONE were not out yet, but when the game came out, it couldn't even run decently on the consoles it was supposed to be developped for initially. Also, wall running was shown, but never added.

This huge misstep in marketing... might have forced other devs to rethink their strategies. Then again, after Nintendo had to announce that Metroid Prime 4 was begining anew due to not meeting quality standards, that could have been why Nintendo is currently shy of showing new games.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My biggest speculations for E3 is that Nintendo will announce a Banjo Kazooie Classic Game Collection that has both N64 games and Grunty’s Revenge And Banjo Pilot as a bonus game, Crash Bandicoot will be the next Smash DLC Fighter with the final Fighter being revealed to be Issac from Golden Sun, Bayonetta 3 trailer surprise drops, a look at Metroid Prime 4 with a Prime Trilogy HD Collection being announced, Mario RPG being remastered and coming to the Switch, and Pikmin 4 is announced.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm mainly a Nintendo gamer, so I'm only predicting their E3. I think this will be a big E3 for Nintendo, there's a lot of studios that should have new projects to show with many studios who released something in 2017/2018 should have new projects to show and the pandemic pushing some intended releases into this year. Here are the specific games I think we'll see:

-BotW2 gets a full blowout with the name, gameplay, and release date, but it won't release until 2022.
-A new Mario Kart game of some sorts (Mario Kart 9, Nintendo Kart, Mario Kart World, whatever. Some kind of new, main series Mario Kart made from the ground up on Switch).
-Both Pokemon games get new trailers revealing new mechanics, new forms are revealed for BDSP and the leaked riding system is revealed for LA.
-Kirby finally goes 3D with a new game revealed for 2022.
-The rumored DK game is revealed, and it is a 2D game.
-A new 2D Metroid by MercurySteam is revealed. No Metroid Prime 4.
-A new Warioware game is revealed.
-Smash reveals because duh.
-Bayonetta 3 is finally shown off.
-In a "one more thing" announcement, Nintendo releases a teaser trailer for Mario Odyssey 2 in 2022 similar to how they teased BotW2 in 2019.

Red and Blue

Looking forward to seeing more of FFXVI, Legends, and TWEWY Neo.

Would also be nice if they announced KHIV but I doubt it will happen this year

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I think future KH games will be quicker now that Square has mostly fixed its ****, but I’d think the soonest we’d get anything substantial is next year

Status
Not open for further replies.