• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2021 Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
1. Psychonauts games don't interest me (in fact that trailer was kind of annoying to me), but to those who do play this series, hopefully you got what you were hoping for there. Why did I choose to put this as the first game in my post? For the hope that the fact that this series exists will help people to spell the word "psych" correctly. "p-s-y-c-h" is the ONLY way to spell this word. This is not my opinion. This is a fact.
2. Halo Infinite looked amazing, as I hoped it would. The multiplayer especially looks great. I mean, grappling a fusion coil and throwing it at an oncoming vehicle... in multiplayer? That just sounds awesome. Of course, I would not be surprised if there are some playlists without these new equipment (and other such) additions, seeing as just how many Halo players prefer that more simple, core gameplay. I'm fine with these playlists being added of course.
3. I need more information on Starfield to, well, form an opinion about it beyond "this looks sort of cool, and the graphics look great." Just like countless other people I'm sure.
4. Battlefield 2042 seems interesting, albeit chaotic. I need more gameplay footage and explanations of the game's modes before forming a clearer opinion on it.
5. During that Animal Party reveal, did anyone else think of the fictional video game "Killing with Kindness 3," but as an... '"IRL" version? (Cookies to anyone here who does understand this part of this post.)
6. I don't really know anything about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. I'm not much for horror games in general, but I may look for more information on this in the future.
7. I saw that Bethesda guy's shirt at the beginning, and I was curious what that shirt meant. Question answered when the presentation was over.
8. Grounded added something that I'm sure countless people would love in many other video games: an arachnophobia mode. Why hasn't this been done more yet? Sure, the frightening aspects are part of why video game developers include spiders, but- Like in video games that have many frightening aspects and enemies... and then there's that ONE huge spider boss... Yeah, I'm sure some people have much lower opinion of such games solely because of the spiders (especially when they don't know the spiders are coming).

Everything else in the Xbox / Bethesda presentation wasn't of much interest to me. Overall, I thought this was a great showcase, and I'm looking forward to Halo, along with learning more about a few of the other games here.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm hoping to see some news about FF7 Remake Part 2, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Same with FF16. Neither game will be out anytime soon, though. This is Square Enix that we are talking about.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, at least they have a FF 1-6 collection. I know some people would like that.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, at least they have a FF 1-6 collection. I know some people would like that.
Unsurprisingly, it's not a collection. Each game has to be bought separately. I'm assuming these are going to be using the same engine as FFI,II and IV did on PSP, but they didn't really show it off much.

Also we got a solid 2 seconds of FFXVI woohoo

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Worst E3 I've seen so far. Remasters, games we already know about that and in small quantities too. Not that many new game reveals. I think Square's was only like three to five games? It's understandable because of COVID but let's hope Nintendo saves the show.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Squenix takes home the trophy for worst E3 presentation ever for now. TWENTY whole minutes was dedicated to a freaking Marvel game, the FF Collection utterly avoids the Switch and other consoles for no good reason, and the rest kind of look like copied and pasted versions of other franchises with some FF flavor.

shoz999

Squenix takes home the trophy for worst E3 presentation ever for now. TWENTY whole minutes was dedicated to a freaking Marvel game, the FF Collection utterly avoids the Switch and other consoles for no good reason, and the rest kind of look like copied and pasted versions of other franchises with some FF flavor.
Really? I thought it was the best presentation by default. The other presentations were mostly just remasters, games we already knew, and the new game reveals were cinematic trailers over gameplay. Square Enix on other hand had game reveals that were heavily centered around gameplay over cinematics. By that, I thought Square Enix won E3 so far by default which also says alot of how terrible this year's E3 is.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Really? I thought it was the best presentation by default. The other presentations were mostly just remasters, games we already knew, and the new game reveals were cinematic trailers over gameplay. Square Enix on other hand had game reveals that were heavily centered around gameplay over cinematics. By that, I thought Square Enix won E3 so far by default which also says alot of how terrible this year's E3 is.
They said what they were going to showcase and still ended up being terrible.

shoz999

Imagine being Nintendo but you spend twenty minutes on an Activision game.
Oh yeah, that would be boring. Hope it doesn't turn out like Ubisoft's E3 presentation. That was so boring when they focus on Rainbow Six DLC. At least Square Enix shows off two action-packed titles by Platinum Games and Ninja Theory. Though I won't lie, I was laughing when they kept mentioning Chaos over and over again.

shoz999

How would you guys rank the E3 presentations so far? In my opinion...

1. Square Enix - This is a pretty boring presentation in my opinion which says a lot of what I think about the others since I think this is the winner so far. The only reason it wins by default is that it actually shows off a few new interesting games through gameplay and hi-octane action gameplay to best describe it from Platinum Games and Ninja Theory which always delivers some really fun titles that people just go crazy over. Outside of that... I feel like Square Enix's boring presentation accurately sums up people's boredom with E3 so far. Not seeing a lot of hype for E3 like I usually do which as mentioned previously is understandable due to COVID.

2. Microsoft - The Outer Worlds 2 Cinematic Trailer was the best thing to come out of Microsoft. Says a lot about the other stuff they showed which was pretty much just teasers, cinematic trailers, stuff they've already shown repeatedly years ago, and a constant reminder of older games that we don't need to hear about from Bethesda. Outside of that, I normally don't care for Microsoft E3's presentation because it's just shooters again and again but I enjoyed the Stalker and Battlefield 2042 gameplay. Three games I got hyped for from this presentation.

3. Ubisoft - Mario +Rabbids was easily the best reveal here. The problem with this presentation is that it was mostly just DLCs and expansions. As another person said, almost like spending too much time watching an Activision game or DLC in this case lol.

The funny thing is, we know these companies actually have a lot more games for later. It just feels like they aren't taking E3 seriously like they used to.

shoz999

You know. If I hear some Shin Megami Tensei V news in the next Nintendo Direct, I will easily rank it as my top E3 presentation this year. Come on, just a little bit of SMTV news pretty please. If you enjoy Pokemon but what you want something more challenging with more interesting villains and choices, please check out SMTIII Remaster for Switch, or SMT4 or SMT4: Apocalypse on 3DS. It is so much fun.

As someone best described Shin Megami Tensei, "In Persona. You ally with your friends and kill demons. In Shin Megami Tensei. You ally with demons and kill your friends."

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But they've given us the best memes. Stranger in Paradise is good for something after all.
The funny thing is, we know these companies actually have a lot more games for later. It just feels like they aren't taking E3 seriously like they used to.
That's because E3 is basically irrelevant at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.