• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

E3 2021 Speculation/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Power

OK, I am interested in the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, not sure if it will be a day one purchase though. The least that Capcom should've done is reveal a brand-new previously unannounced game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Capcom's presentation felt pretty niche, but they had some pretty good announcements, and not that much fluff (outside of the Esports thing).

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The Capcom presentation was just the biggest crap I've ever seen. First Monster Hunter stuff which was the best of the show but still not really worth to spend that much time on, Ace Attorney was WAY to dragged out, even for me as a fan of the franchise, Resident Evil stuff was meh and the esport talk was just a piece of crap like why the hell they put this on a E3 show????? Absolutely dissapointing.

The whole E3 2021 up until now was just super bad. Square Enix was meh, the PC gaming show was mediocre, Xbox&Bethesda with the exception of Forza 5 and Gamepass was super boring. I especially can't see more of that FPS stuff.

I can't believe I am going to say that but the Ubisoft presentation was the best presentation yet.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The Capcom presentation was just the biggest crap I've ever seen. First Monster Hunter stuff which was the best of the show but still not really worth to spend that much time on, Ace Attorney was WAY to dragged out, even for me as a fan of the franchise, Resident Evil stuff was meh and the esport talk was just a piece of crap like why the hell they put this on a E3 show????? Absolutely dissapointing.

The whole E3 2021 up until now was just super bad. Square Enix was meh, the PC gaming show was mediocre, Xbox&Bethesda with the exception of Forza 5 and Gamepass was super boring. I especially can't see more of that FPS stuff.

I can't believe I am going to say that but the Ubisoft presentation was the best presentation yet.

There's a reason Nintendo waited to be last.

I think it's likely they knew what their competitors were going to be dishing out - utter crap - and by purchasing a booth on the last day of the expo, they're able to absorb the increasing hype and anxiety from viewers demanding something better. When Nintendo makes their grand reveal, and I'm certain it will be either BotW2, Metroid Prime 4, or both, the entire gaming community is going to go apeshit.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Forget what I said about Squenix having the worst presentation. Capcom straight out walked around announcing not a single new thing that wasn't DLC or something we already knew was coming. Maybe this is why Sony just couldn't bother to show.

Kind of feels like they spoiled too much about MHS2.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Forget what I said about Squenix having the worst presentation. Capcom straight out walked around announcing not a single new thing that wasn't DLC or something we already knew was coming. Maybe this is why Sony just couldn't bother to show.

What are you talking about SE wasn't in E3 this year

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Glad I only care about Nintendo E3 stuff. Means I have a far less chance of disappointment.

Litleonid

I really do hope Nintendo's presentation will blow everyone's minds. I'm hoping for an E3 similar to 2017 and 2019.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I still think Capcom had a better E3 just because I wasn't drowning in boredom over long uninteresting announcements.
Maybe Square would have a better one if they took out the Marvel stuff, less is more and so forth.

And maybe Babylon's Fall and Stranger of Paradise will be good games. Part of looking back at E3s is if it worked in hindsight.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Pretty strange to announce StarField is releasing in next year's November.

But yeah Square Enix's E3 was bad. I'm enjoying the memes coming out of Twitter.
Well Eiyuuden Chronicles was announced for 2023 so they've got Bethesda beat for announcements way in the future.
There's a reason Nintendo waited to be last.

I think it's likely they knew what their competitors were going to be dishing out - utter crap - and by purchasing a booth on the last day of the expo, they're able to absorb the increasing hype and anxiety from viewers demanding something better. When Nintendo makes their grand reveal, and I'm certain it will be either BotW2, Metroid Prime 4, or both, the entire gaming community is going to go apeshit.
Nintendo didn't purchase a booth, they're doing a Nintendo Direct on their own as usual. And it's it basically the same time on Tuesday it always is, they really don't care about the whole E3 thing any more.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Well Eiyuuden Chronicles was announced for 2023 so they've got Bethesda beat for announcements way in the future.

Nintendo didn't purchase a booth, they're doing a Nintendo Direct on their own as usual. And it's it basically the same time on Tuesday it always is, they really don't care about the whole E3 thing any more.

I don't mean a literal booth, but rather Nintendo is still billed in E3's list of exhibitors, which the official Nintendo site and YouTube channel notes as well. I'm more than certain exhibitors still had to pay for their spot in the schedule, otherwise the organizers wouldn't make any money.

I'm not sure where you got the "Nintendo doesn't care about E3" part. They seem quite invested.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Devolver Digital will finally win E3 if Nintendo and Bamco don't blow them out of the water.

Proof that trade shows are becoming a relic in favor of what Sony is doing.

Too bad it doesn't mean the end of the ESA(Who runs E3 and made gaming a stock game though bullshit neoliberal self-regulation via lobbying and fake self-policibg garbage that doesn't work...airtight regulations by qualified government officials who know what they're talking about do.).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If all Nintendo had to do was slap an E3 label on to potentially get more eyes on it it doesn’t take a marketing expert to make that call.

Status
Not open for further replies.