• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earmuff or Not

Earmuff or Not

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Some of you may have noticed a new and brilliant concept floating around the Pokemon fandom lately - that being the idea of a Earmuff type (props to Mr Dragon for bringing this up initially ^_^). Anyway, this borderline internet phenomenon has probably grabbed the attention of many, and I'd like to hear your opinions on whether this awesome type should be implemented.

To start of with, what is the Earmuff type? Basically, it'll consist of a group of Pokemom who represent the heart and soul of earmuffs while being formidable foes on the battlefield due to the acquisition of special powers that have resided in (legendary) earmuffs since the beginning of time. Sooo much better than 'em drab concepts like Light and Sound, no?

Now, a few advantages of the Earmuff type:

-We all know what kind of a broken strategy Mean Look + Perish Song is. But the days of worry are over - with a Earmuff type, this overpowered strategy can be shut down easy. Earmuff typed Pokemon also counter dangerous threats like Scarf Mismagius with Perish Song! (REMEMBER: BILLY MAYS APPROVES THIS POST)

-Earmuffs would fit in well conceptually with other "substance" types like Rock and Steel, even finding its way into Regimuff. With the power to block the roar of dragons, (and thereby hit it supereffective), Earmuffs will promote balanced gameplay. Garchomp fanboys; if you want your fave Pokemon out of Ubers, then Earmuffs are for you!

-BILLY MAYS HERE: Just a shoutout that Earmuff Pokemon can block dangerous attacks like Sonicboom without resorting to the use of the expensive and ineffective Exploud!

-You know you'd like to see a walkin' talkin' earmuff ^_^

And lastly, here's the official mascot for the Earmuff type - Regimuff (GoombaGeek gets the credit for the name)! Don't try to deny it - you know it's the best Pokemon design till date :D

Regimuff_displeased.jpg

tl;dr: Do you support Earmuff type? It sounds like an interesting type and it's not at all similar to any other types.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
i know this is supposed to be funny but..... soundproof ability?!?!?

Why use sub-par Pokemon just for their ability, when you can use stronger Pokemon with a natural immunity? Plus, an immunity means you have a free slot or two for abilities; Earmuff typed Pokemon + Intimidate or something > Soundproof Pokemon.

It's all a joke anyway

[img139]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk61/Profesco/SPPf%20funnies/serious.jpg[/img139]
I'm borrowin' your image, Profesco :p

Can it prevent Gary Oak from doing things before I do them?

Because I really hate when that happens.

It's possible; I'm not guaranteeing anything before some hands-on playtesting, but the possibility exists (which is pretty darned awesome, considering practically nothing can prevent Gary Oak from doing things before you do them)

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
i know this is supposed to be funny but..... soundproof ability?!?!?

Yeah. Earmuff type is basically the Soundproof ability.
So, no. I do not support it.

No. 1 Machop Fan

We DEFINITELY have ourselves a fad right here.

I have two contributions to the fad in mind, but I'm afraid of what might happen if I post them.

4kjayhawks

I do it for tha hood
Its not just soundproof...it could resist ice types!!!
EARMUFFS ALL THE WAY!

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Indragon I am so happy you made this thread. We have got to give Earmuff type and Regimuff (still sounds wrong) the recognition they deserve All hail Regimuff!

Earmuff type is a win all the way and I support it along with the derp type.

I just hope I don't look like a copycat when I make my thread :D
Its not just soundproof...it could resist ice types!!!
EARMUFFS ALL THE WAY!

WIN

Don't insult Regimuff.

Josiah

is your favorite
How about a Digimon type? We can put all the new Pokemon in there since so many people think they look just like them.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Why use sub-par Pokemon just for their ability, when you can use stronger Pokemon with a natural immunity? Plus, an immunity means you have a free slot or two for abilities; Earmuff typed Pokemon + Intimidate or something > Soundproof Pokemon.

I refute it thus!

Plus, it resists Dragon (and Ice!) and hits beasts like Salamence and Garchomp for high damage.

I have two contributions to the fad in mind, but I'm afraid of what might happen if I post them.

Don't worry, go right ahead ;)

I just hope I don't look like a copycat when I make my thread :D

It's never dishonourable to copy something like the mighty Earmuff type :D

What manner of a monster have we created?

A very good one, wouldn't you say ^_^

How about a Digimon type? We can put all the new Pokemon in there since so many people think they look just like them.

Not a bad idea at all. According to a lot of the fandom, we have enough Pokemon to fill up the type too!

TehLulzMastur

Is there a group for Earmuff supporters?

Anyway, this is actually an awesome idea. It's unique, and even though it sounds stupid, it would work!

I support earmuff type!
They are going to dominate and with the well known and feared regimuff as their leader.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
Not really a Pokemon I would use, but it sounds like it would be adorable.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
You didn't make this thread did you I mean this is just a dream, If not you have tarnished enhanced my reputation, but never mind the earmuff type is the best.

Even though we have sound proof this type would be best for those who want a new type those who want some uniqueness out of Pokemon that could have an earmuff type (buneary anyone?) and it could potentially be even better than the soundproof.

Yes I want it, mainly because I invented it, and the awesome fact that we could have a type that doesn't just make you unable to hear, but also warms up your ears!

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Regimuff was my idea, remember that always.

On that note...

REGIMUFF APPEARS
http://i46.*******.com/2pqnbqs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.