• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earphones/Earbuds how picky are you?

Cobalt_Latios

Regardless of whether you use earphones or earbuds, my question is: how picky are you? What I'm asking, is essentially if you have a certain preference when you go to buy earphones/buds and if sometimes you've had to spend a bit extra to find the ones that meet your requirements. Or, do you not really care as long as they work?

I'll start by saying that I like my earbuds to stay comfortably in my ear, and that have a cushion of some sort (rubber, or those foam things), and that are of reasonable length (I've had some that are too damn short). I don't like earphones because they're cumbersome and rather big, but I can use them if the situation calls for it.

So, what say you?

<C_L>

Profesco

gone gently
I don't have much use for either, so I'm good with pretty much any working pair. You know, as long as they aren't made from materials that carry the warning: "carcinogenic reproductive toxicants."

I have to have headphones, due to a problem with one of my ears.
But I have to pick the most awesome, comfortable ones I can. So, I sport Skullcandy.
Namely, this sexy set in blue and white.
I'm kinda picky when it comes to picking them out. My friends say I have a "headphone fetish"... I'm not ashamed to admit it's sort of true.

ribcage_x

I have such bad luck with headphones so as long as they work i dont care!
I had hello kitty ones but while i was washing dishes one fell in the water and stopped working -_- I was sad.
I have really good ones atm but some wire is exposed so im sure there gunna brake soon -_-

I have to have headphones, due to a problem with one of my ears.
But I have to pick the most awesome, comfortable ones I can. So, I sport Skullcandy.
Namely, this sexy set in blue and white.
I'm kinda picky when it comes to picking them out. My friends say I have a "headphone fetish"... I'm not ashamed to admit it's sort of true.

High five I have a head phone fetish to I only use Skullcandy I hade some the "Inked" and I would skate with them on but one time skateboard's wheel landed over one so now i got some Chops that way they dont fly out my ear =D

Last edited:
I love skullcandies, but I keep breaking my headphones due to how people kick stuff around when no one is there to claim it. I usually dont care, but now I'm thinking of finding some really sturdy ones :p

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I personally prefer earbuds. It doesn't really matter what kind they are, although I have been using Gumy brand for a few months (mostly due to them being pretty cheap and of good enough quality).

I can't stand earphones. They make me look like a jackass, IMO.

Spookz

Lumos
In-ear earbuds don't like to stay in my ears. Even when I use the smaller sized cups, they still fall out. I just have tiny ears. :/

I've always liked Sony for a cheap, but relatively good quality earbud. I'm using this model right how, have gone through a couple of pairs, they work well for me when I'm out and about.

When I'm at home I do prefer headphones, so I have a pair of Sony's computer headphones. Ideally I'd like a pair of Bose headphones, but that's not likely to happen anytime soon with my skimpy budget to work off of.

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
I like earphones that 1. work, 2. don't sound like crap, and 3. are comfortable. I apparently have crap luck with headphones, though: the ones I'm using now work well but are uncomfortable (even with the [unfortunately thin] foamy covers, they chafe my ears) and the wire's coming apart; the pair I got after them were good, but one ear died and we couldn't find another pair just like them; any others I tried after those either really hurt (they squeezed my head and gave me headaches no matter how much or how long I stretched them) or sounded like crap in a way that I couldn't adjust my computer for. :(

Last edited:

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
I don't have a preference, as long as they actually carry out a decent sound and are a decent length.

muumajii23

I prefer earphones, generally just cause they look nicer and are more comfortable in my opinion... But right now I am using some buds that I found that fit both of those requirements, and they are the noise-cancelers too, so I can not hear my fricking loud class when I work...

superjesus1

Earbuds for me =) As long as they're not in ear ones i'm happy with them - though at the minute i have this really nice pair of apple style headphones with a little control pad half way down the cable, so i can change volume and switch/pause songs on my iPod without getting it out my pocket =P They'll break eventually, but they're not that expensive so they're easily replaceable ^_^

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!
I use both, but I prefer headphones because I have this phobia sort of thing where I'm scared that the earbuds are gonna get jammed into my ears :x
I have very comfortable, high quality headphones (Sony) and Zune earbuds. They're both pretty good.

I was interested in Skullcandy because some friends of mine have 'em, but they seem more style than quality to me. Mine may be ugly, but they sound great, so pooey on Skullcandy :p

I was interested in Skullcandy because some friends of mine have 'em, but they seem more style than quality to me. Mine may be ugly, but they sound great, so pooey on Skullcandy :p

Actually, Skullcandy's the only brand I use BECAUSE of the quality. It's sharp with el grande sound dampening qualities. It might depend on the make, I've had ICONS and Lowriders and they've both been great, haven't used anything else. Basically, they're some of the most high quality ones out there (unless someone comes along and proves me wrong). If I knew more about specs, I'd ramble those out (though you can see them on the site, linked in my post and javivaldez's)

Headphone fanboy, what do you want? XD