• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Earthbound'/MOTHER

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
CALLING ALL EARTHBOUND/MOTHER FANS!!! XD I figured maybe i'd start a topic about it.....I suppose. *blink* a serebii.net mother suboard would be nice but oh well, i guess other forums could also bring you that luxary....

I liked Earthbound best. The music was awwwesome in the whole series.....

Also, I used to have dreams based around the games XD

I miss Moonside and the 'Mr. Saturns'. XD The characters were all great, too But Pokey=jerk.

Earthbounded

Wild Flygon Appeared
]

Attachments

• tumblr_m5i2azJSSu1qzwe28o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m5i2azJSSu1qzwe28o1_500.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 52

LadyTriox

How in the heck did you even ignore the Nintendo board?

I forgot about the Nintendo board. 0__o; No wonder this toke awile to get posts in...(MODs, please move this thread! xD; )

This thread was kinda started to find some friends for Earthbounded, he's cool :)

I haven't really played the games since 2010.

I used to talk about them with my friend Izzy a lot. XD;

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I loved Earthbound! It's a really, really fun game to play and has a lot of funny stuff in it ^^ Enemies are just hilarious :D
I still have to play Mother 3, the translated version does not run on a certain DS card.

I made a Mr Saturn plushie btw shortly after finishing the game :D [link]

ShinyZorua28

*Trumpets playing*
Never played any games from the MOTHER/Earthbound series but after seeing the games and hearing the music I wish I did.

LadyTriox

^ Escheria, we should totally be friends, and, I have a whole suboard for Earthbound/MOTHER in genneral on my friend's forum if you wanna check that out sometime. XD

ShinyZorua: Earthbound's a fun game, I think you should play it sometime. :3 It's good for quick laughs and the characters are just plain lovable (unless your porky...he's kinda a jerkarse for real :p but that make's him a great vilian, I guess...*shrug*).

EDIT; Awww~ that Mr. Saturn plushie is adorable~ ^_^

Last edited:

Escheria

Ray Tracer
What do you think of all the cultural references in EB? It's quite breaking the fourth wall :D

My favourite ones are the yellow submarine and the monty python's flying circus theme at the very beginning of the game :D

LadyTriox

^ OMG! Wow! I totally forgot the Yellow Submerine ref but now it's coming back to me. XD ^

That song was incredable and The Beatles sure were brave guys for their time....

Nice those days are slooowly returning (not in the same, less legal way, of course..) hopefully this time for good.

XD;

Also...the Run Away Five was kinda a neat ref, too.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Run Away Five, hahaha *facepalm at those guys*

You do know you're quite inspiring me to replay the game again? Last time I played it was at least a year ago. It has to go on the replay queue after I am done with Sapphire and Mystery Dungeon. No time for console games while I am back home, so anything I can play on my DSlite will be (re)played.. maybe also give A Link to the Past another spin too?

LadyTriox

^ Cool :) I wanna re-download earthbound sometime, and, try to re-patch mother 3 (even though that game was rather.... sad :/ yea rly lol)

Glad to hear i'm inspiring you! :D And, your Pit signature is adorable, by the way (umn that wasn't on topic...).

;)

Estellise

peachy
My favorite was Mother 3.It had a great storyline,it was funny and the final boss left me in tears.The music was great,the characters had personality,and overall I loved it more than the other 2.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
A shame Mother 3 didn't work on my DS (unlike EB), because I love to play various games on my DSLite. I could tell more, but the forum rules do not allow discussions of game rips and means of playing them.

I would love to get a retail copy of EarthBound, since I have an American SNES here (living in EU) and would be able to play it ^_^ Also want Super Metroid. Better save up money, because those games are expensive to import :/

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I sadly do not have the SNES, so I never played Earthbound in my entire life. I am a sad, sad person because of it. I feel I do not deserve to be in the Nintendo fandom due to it being neglected in my childhood.

I have heard only good things about it, and it makes me yearn for the game even more.

ShinyZorua28

*Trumpets playing*
I sadly do not have the SNES, so I never played Earthbound in my entire life. I am a sad, sad person because of it. I feel I do not deserve to be in the Nintendo fandom due to it being neglected in my childhood.

I have heard only good things about it, and it makes me yearn for the game even more.

You're not the only one. I was born in 1998 so I never knew about it (or the SNES as a whole) until I saw videos of MOTHER 3/Earthbound on Youtube during 2007. In fact when I asked my mom about owning a SNES, she told me that she used to own one but she sold it (I dunno why).

@Escheria: I ABSOLUTELY loved hearing the Monty Python's Flying Circus theme at the beginning. Something about that theme reminds me of all the times I used to spend with my siblings when I was little. I also loved listening to the Sky Runner's theme.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Earthbound carts are at least $100 these days, sometimes over $200. And there's a lot of fakes running around. If you're looking to buy one, read this.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Holy Palutena! That's way too pricy for my pocket. Way too pricy.. I am not a game collector, so I am not willing to spend that much money on a game.

Then again, a Super Metroid PAL cart for 600$. As much as I love SM, I don't want to buy such an expensive pack.

ShinyZorua28

*Trumpets playing*
To any one else who wants to buy a copy of Earthbound, you might want to take Hejiru's warning about fake copies into notice. I found that pirated copies can activate some of the anti-piracy mechanisms in the game by making it less fun to play (by spawning a LOT of enemies in the game) to outright making it impossible to finsh the game itself (this only happens if your copy managed to bypass all other mechanisms without fail) by freezing your game when the 2nd part of the final battle happens and then deleting ALL save files after resetting the game.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Holy crap, I actually heard about how expensive they've become these days, but DAMN o_o. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have a SNES after all...? I don't know, something tells me my dad might've picked one up, if not Super Metroid, if he had an SNES.

Then again, we have the NES, and Dad never got Metroid...

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I am amazed how complicated the copyright measurements are for EarthBound! So glad they don't do this in modern games o_o