• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Earthbound'/MOTHER

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Earthbound carts are at least $100 these days, sometimes over $200. And there's a lot of fakes running around. If you're looking to buy one, read this.

Holy Palutena! That's way too pricy for my pocket. Way too pricy.. I am not a game collector, so I am not willing to spend that much money on a game.

Then again, a Super Metroid PAL cart for 600$. As much as I love SM, I don't want to buy such an expensive pack.

And these prices are exactly why emulation and piracy are so prevalent. That and entitlement on the parts of some people, I mean, but that's a matter of general piracy. I mean, fine, there are rights issues in the MOTHER series, but I think those could be sussed out and the game reissued (presumably ported) and, if the internet community is any sign, it'd be like printing money. Kind of like re-releasing, oh, say, Ocarina of Time.

Also, there will probably never be a MOTHER 4, because Itoi doesn't want to make one.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I've played Mother for the NES in Japanese ....it was fun :3

Thecatteam

I've never played Earthbound, but I have seen a playthrough on YouTube. It looks really good!
Although Mother 3 is my one true love. Knowing all the Earthbound references gave it a whole extra dimension!

teamaquagrunt

Earthbound is amazing! I used to love the soundtrack when I was like 10, but now it sounds god-awful to me so I have to mute it and play other music on top of it XD Weird how that happens.. I recommended it to my big bro at that time and was shocked that he hated the music so much but now I understand. haha. (not that I'm telling him that :/ )
But it's still a pretty amusing game and I like the cartoony graphics.

Zibdas

not bad
Earthbound is amazing! I used to love the soundtrack when I was like 10, but now it sounds god-awful to me so I have to mute it and play other music on top of it XD Weird how that happens.. I recommended it to my big bro at that time and was shocked that he hated the music so much but now I understand. haha. (not that I'm telling him that :/ )
But it's still a pretty amusing game and I like the cartoony graphics.

There are so many things wrong with this post

woot21

super noob

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Can we just get the entire series on one disc for the Wii U in HD? Just do that please.

I agree, and please have it localized. I mean, seriously, we need that localized now, I don't care about 3 being Rated M. Though, I do hope he's hinting at re-releasing the series, and not at something else.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Can we just get the entire series on one disc for the Wii U in HD? Just do that please.
Why HD? The graphics are fine as they were. How much can you render this game?

woot21

super noob
Why HD? The graphics are fine as they were. How much can you render this game?
Because I want to see if I can comprehend the true form of Giygas's attack in HD.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Any sort of release would be nice, but I'd really hope it's available on 3DS/eShop.

(Then again, I'm fairly sure they could port any SNES game to the 3DS eShop.)

Thecatteam

(Then again, I'm fairly sure they could port any SNES game to the 3DS eShop.)

Yeah, if they can release Gameboy games, SNES shouldn't be a problem at all.

So anyway, yeah, this is exciting news! I hope that Earthbound (and *gasp* maybe even Mother 3?!?!??!) sees the light of day. While I'm still alive.

Chaos Rush

I'm a HUGE Mother fan, so allow me to get fanboyish for a moment.

This is a ridiculous hope, but I'm hoping for:
*Mother 1, 2, 3 Compilation on 3DS
*Released worldwide
*Mother 1 receives a new translation, using all the same names as Mato's translation (meaning Giygas, not Giegue)
*Mother 2 receives a new translation, retaining all the EarthBound names, except Pokey should be changed to Porky
*Mother 3 receives an official English translation, retaining continuity with the new M1 and M2 translations, and unlike Mato's translation, there are no "engrish" sounding people/places, meaning names like Murasaki Forest and Kumatora would receive more English-friendly names
*Mother 2 will NOT be called EarthBound, they should just pretend it was always called Mother 2 (which is true in Japan's case)
*Mother 3 will NOT be called EarthBound 2

Ridiculous to hope for, but a man can dream...

I'm clinging onto the small hope of an eshop release. I've only been able to play the Earthbound games on emulators, and I want to play it for real! There's a copy of it down at my local thrift shop, but it's $200.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I really hope this means Mother 1-3 remakes. I can't bring myself to replay Mother on the NES anymore. I liked it when I played it again, sure, but good grief. It looks so lifeless and terrible. Even compared to other NES games.

Ditto B1tch

I couldn't play Earthbound for more than one hour. Those battles were too boring. It needed some animations on.

~Kingdom of Earth~

Sun shines through
I hope they will re-release it, being born in 1999, I never got to play any of them, but I have watched lets plays of all three games and want to play them myself.