• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
So in the places where the old towns used to be is it like a wasteland or is there something else there now?

What kinds of terrain and enemies are outside of Saturn valley? (if walking on foot)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Yeah, basically a wasteland, or some other towns may have been built over them. Or perhaps the desert expanded and engulfed those three towns in its sandstorms. Nobody really knows what happened to those towns, not even Dr. Andonuts.

And outside Saturn Valley is just a bunch of rocky hills, where enemies are rare. And why are you even concerned about that? We're not even leaving Saturn Valley on foot, and the animals can just teleport out. Saturn Valley is always in an out-of-the way place that's fairly cumbersome to reach on foot anyway. Plus there's the fact that it's in a different location than it was at in Earthbound.

@AWESOMEPUFFS: *facepalm* As I said in my last post, we're not headed into the rainforest. Unless it was just Calvin thinking and assuming that. I guess most non-Quetzal people think Quetzal is nothing but rainforest... yet in reality that statement is about as true for Quetzal as it is for the South America it's a parody of.

coolminun

Banned
I'm familiar with all the mother games. I haven't played 1, but I have played and beat EB (still haven't gotten Poo's sword...sigh) and have Mother 3 on my laptop which I've also completed (higher luck on the drop items in this game though...yay)

Is it possible that Tessie had a baby or babies that survived through the ages. Could be Tessie's Great times 7(just an arbitrary number) grandchild. As a large undersea monster...thing, I'm sure they have long lives. That way it would still explain my scholarship at Reynard University which is funded by the Tessie Watchers

Here's the tattoo
http://fc02.deviantart.net/images/large/designs/dmisc/Orca_Tattoo_Design.jpg

and a link to the song snowman that Kyornik was whistling in case you don't know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ikazIsWrN4

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hahaha, didn't you read my description of Winters? There are monsters in Lake Tess that are rumoured to be the ancestors of Tessie. And I know that tune! Huh, I've never heard that version of it before. Come to think of it, I should check out Mother 3i sometime... since I already can't stop listening to the original game music.

Sluggy

Derp derp, my bad Zekshirom! I totally didn't see your post there. I'll pay more attention next time, even though I should've paid more attention the first time!

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Yay! We now have a queasy one! XD Funny how between the group's Tomboy and Girly-Girl, the Tomboy is the cook. XD

Now for Gale to deny that she actually cooks. XD It's bad for her image, but it's her passion. XD I gave her the image of someone who would enjoy art or design, so nobody would suspect that she's actually quite the cook. XD

It's a common theme of mine to put seemingly-badass characters in the kitchen. They're the last people you'd expect in front of a stove and serving meals...but they do! XD

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
It's a common theme of mine to put seemingly-badass characters in the kitchen. They're the last people you'd expect in front of a stove and serving meals...but they do! XD

So true. Come to think of it, I was just learning in my biology class about Typhoid Mary, a cook who infected many people with typhoid fever just by handling food. She was released from jail on the condition that she not work with food, but did anyway, infecting more people. Yup, badass cooks FTW.

Anyway, it's that time again: time to move the plot along! About now our group goes sky high, and... runs into trouble already.

@Raiden193: You still have a chance to enter the Skyrunner Mark II with everyone else, as do Daylight and Magikarpenter. If you're planning on grabbing onto the Skyrunner from the outside a la Mother 3, it won't work, for there'll be a whole lotta shaking going on.

@Sluggy: Okay, but you still have to take only one item from the closet. Please follow the Mr. Saturn's advice at the beginning of my post. Yeah, that's right, I just posted! Hurray!

Kumatora from Mother 3 said:
I dunno if I'd say "hurray" just yet...

Last edited:

coolminun

Banned
So, I was thinking about the magic butterflies. Kyornik's gonna learn pk freeze now, but basically used up his pp by using pk aura

Also, About the upgraded levels of the psi

Pk aura Beta
will be able to lift several objects, as well as add a new ability I call rend. To better aura's use, I read a bit on some of the use of telekinesis on Star Wars. For Pk aura beta, I'd like to use rend. basically, it works by moving an object in two directions simultaneously, producing a cut. This is similar to the dreadful quartering punishment that used to be done to African slaves via horses. it used by making psi bolts appear on Kyornik's index and middle fingers on both hands and he moves his hands in opposite directions causing the targeted area to split in a cut

Pk aura Gamma
will lift heavier object, Rend will cut deeper and be able to cut with one pair of fingers.This is similar to how Yoshimori casts a kekkai in Kekkaishi. A new ability called pulse will be usable. With this, Kylornik will send out a destructive pulse of telekinetic energy that radiates out from his body or he'll be able to condense it into a ball and hurl it so as to not hurt his friends. He'll also gain Crush. This power let him telekinetically crush objects, bones, and bend metal. Works very effectively on robotic enemies and because of its gruesomeness, kyornik doesn't like to use this on organic opponents.

Pk aura Omega
is the most powerful version of this Psi. With this, he can can lift several objects the size and weight of a school bus and send it flying at high speeds. The Rend ability will cause very deep cuts with just a thought and and a glance at the intended target and crush will be even more powerful. He can crush things from the inside, like say a fuel source or the engine for a robotic enemy. The pulse will turn into the Obliterat pulse. With this, Kyornik creates rings of Psi around his body. (Thinks of Ness' Psi magent from smash bros brawl) The rings then grow larger and pulse out in a very wide area. (think shaymin's seed flare) The Psi is very destructive, because it moves the atoms and molecules from the target. This basically disintegrates them into nothing. This also works on energy. Jean Grey did this in the x men movie as well as Darth Vader's apprentice.

Pk freeze alpha
So yeah, the Winters polar bear is finally learning it XD. Because this Psi was passed onto by a guardian animal, this version of Pk freeze is different than what Kyornik would of realized normally. He definitely has the potential to learn many forms of Psi, but Atka just sped up the process a little bit. So, Kyornik's Pk freeze alpha doesn't actually freeze opponents. With this ability, he creates two blue Psi bolts that flash and a snowflake forms. (He casts it just like Lucas does in Brawl). He targets one enemy and the Psi bolt disappears. From that, Katabatic winds blowing at at about 100 mph descend on the opponent and chills them to the bone causing frostbite and numbing. As far as ice, the enemy is coated in frost. (Think of this like Kyurem's glaciate)

Katabatic winds are very powerful winds that can blow at Hurricane forces. They form from the cooler air descending downward because it is denser than warm air. When it comes down, it can move at really high speeds similar to pyroclastic flow of ash from volcanoes. The name of Mistralton City stems from a famous Katabatic wind in France called the Mistral. The one Kyornik uses is similar to the Pierquot. Not sure if I spelled it correctly, as it's an Inuit name. It blows in Greenland and is cold enough to freeze penguins to death. Saw this on the discovery planet documentary Frozen Planet

Pk freeze beta
This is the first version where ice is actually freezes enemies. Kyornik creates the Snowflake again with two blue psi bolts and hurls it at the opponent. The Snowflake spins as it is casted and forms a katabatic wind vortex that surrounds it. (If you've played Megaman starforce 3, Diamond ice uses this) The cold instantly freezes the opponent, but if it misses or the enemy dodges it, Kyornik can set it to stop. The Katabatic winds will then spin like a vortex sucking the intended target into until it is captured. After they are frozen, the Psi will implode and cut the target with shards of ice. (This is very similar to Lightning's blizzara spell in Final Fantasy Dissidia duodecim)

Pk Freeze Gamma
With this Psi, Kyornik causes 6 giant icicles to jut out of the ground and pierces the enemy.The largest icicle occurs directly under the opponent and the rest either converge upon it or just jut out in the hopes of hitting another opponent. Think of Aqua's ice barrage from Kingdon Hearts Birth By sleep and the Black Uranus pin from the World Ends With You) He uses the Psi by forming one giant blue Psi bolt to flash followed by 6 hexagonal snowflakes to form in front of his palm that he slams to the ground. The icicles are very cold to the touch and can cause frostbite and instant freezing. The ice also erodes life quickly, acting as a brumal poison

Pk freeze Omega
Strongest of the freeze Psi and destroys life on the cellular level. Kyornik holds his right arm with his left and slightly crouches. Arctic air then swirls around him and quickly chills the air. His entire body pulses out with bitter cold and a giant ice orca erupts from beneath Kyornik and flies at the opponent while shrieking a predatory cry. The orca then engulfs the opponent in its icy maw and devours the victim. The cold is 200 degrees below 0 and crystalizes cells until they shatter and turn into diamond dust.

Psi continued: So, with Kyornik's Psi, he utilizes psi bolts in all of them. They are all color coded to signify which one he's using. Normal colored ones=Pk aura, Silver=Healing, Green=life up, Yellow with electric sparks=Thunder, Blue/Cerulean=Pk Freeze, Indigo=Psi magnet

Pk nature= Golden diamonds

Pk thunder alpha
So, with this Psi I'll stay true to the randomness of it but only on the alpha level. With Pk thunder alpha, an electrified Psi bolt will flash in the sky above random enemy or area and a yellow bolt of lightning will descend upon the opponent. Kyornik initiates this by shouting the name and snapping his fingers.

Pk thunder beta
Beta will wield control, but not full control. With this one he also gains a new ability called electrocute. So, Beta will call down 4 bolts of lightning. He flashes 4 Psi bolts that appear on all four sides of the opponents, the front, back, left, and right. The bolts then converge onto the enemies like a cage and strikes them. (Think of Terra's Thundara spell from Dissidia) The electrocute ability lets him take the electricity that is contained within an object and guide it to shock an enemy. Very weak at this level, only gives a minor shock.

Pk thunder Gamma
Grants him 3 new abilities to utilize. One is the Spark bolts. With this, he hurls electrified psi bolts at opponents to damage them. (Ness' electrified attacks in melee are basically what these are). Then is the powerful Lightning Line. Kyornik waves his hand in front of him, and 5 bolts of lightning crash along the path. He uses this move just like how Lucas uses his f-tilt. Lucas swats his had across, and pk love erupts along the path and jolts opponents. Kyornik swings his hand in the same way, and the Psi bolts flash out in a similar path, but it purely for aesthetics. The Lightning bolts that strike along the path are what devastates the enemy. The last one is Lightning ray. With this, he cups his hands together and fires a tremendous beam of lightning capable of piercing straight through enemies. laced wthin the blast, are psi bolts that explode in conjunction to blasting the opponent.

Pk thunder Omega
Upgrades the power of the electrocute ability and give Kyornik the ability to use Bio electricity to attack opponents.He amplifies the power by taking into consideration the change in membrane potential of cells. The change in potential gives off very weak electrical charges, but with Omega he can amplify it 10 fold. basically causing an enemie's body to shock itself. The lightning Line makes 7 bolts fall now and also adds a line that goes forward with 9 bolts falling. He casts the forward line by slamming his palm on the ground (Think of Thunder spell from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 or Kefka's Lickity split thundaga in Dissidia) Lastly, he can call down several large bolts of blue lightning to continuously strike several opponents followed by one MASSIVE one to obliterate them into dust. Think of Lightning's Thunder fall from dissidia duodecim and Sveta's Storm ray from Golden Sun Dark Dawn). Kyornik casts the Psi by Raising his right hand into the air with his palm open and facing forward. A psi bolt flashes as well as an orb of discharging lightning (Think of thundaga casting animation of Kingdom hearts 2) followed by the aforementioned attack.

Pk nature and some support psi are next

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I think we need to do something to improve the momentum altough I am not so sure how to do that. Maybe it is time for the Spacerunner to crash?

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Raiden193, Magikarpenter, and Daylight: I'm still waiting on you three to post.

@coolminun: Nice ideas! We'll all be learning new PSI after my next post, so hang in there for just a bit longer... Oh, and by "next post", I don't mean the one I posted a few minutes ago.

@Soaring Pikachu: Wish granted. The Skyrunner Mark II has... not quite crashed, but landed at the very least.

Now let's go kick some Foppy butt! Actually, kicking any part of a Foppy will do. Oh, and just for fun, here's a recap of our battle with the UFO's.

UFO drew near! (Five UFO's appear)
UFO B attacked with a beam! (5 damage to the Skyrunner Mark II)
The Skyrunner Mark II is surprised!
UFO C fired missiles!
The Skyrunner Mark II dodged quickly!
UFO A fired missiles!
Gon fired an energy gun!
The Skyrunner II dodged quickly!
The Energy Gun was thrown off balance! (Miss)
The Transmission told (pause) a pants-wettingly scary story.
Pilot Saturn was petrified with fear!
The Skyrunner Mark II is out of control!
UFO D fired missiles! (20 damage to the Skyrunner Mark II)
Gon tried to pilot the Skyrunner Mark II.
But he couldn't decide which button to press.
Yako tried to pilot the Skyrunner Mark II.
He activated the windshield wipers instead.
Pilot Saturn is numb and can't move!
Bowie kicked open the door and exited the Skyrunner Mark II.
Bowie attacks! (A trumpet plays)
SMAAAAASH! (6 hits, 45 damage to UFO E)
Bowie quickly retreated into the Skyrunner Mark II.
UFO E was defeated!
The Skyrunner Mark II went even more out of control!
UFO B fired missiles!
The Skyrunner II dodged quickly!
Kyornik fired an energy beam!
UFO B dodged quickly!
Gale snapped Pilot Saturn back to his senses!
Kyornik threw his headphones at Pilot Saturn and played some music!
Pilot Saturn's body again moved freely!
Pilot Saturn is rocking out to the music.
The Skyrunner Mark II is back under control!
Kyornik fired a Bottle rocket!
UFO B dodged quickly!
UFO B fired missiles!
The Skyrunner Mark II dodged quickly!
Kyornik used PK Aura!
105 damage to UFO B!
UFO B was defeated!
Bowie fell out of the Skyrunner Mark II.
UFO A fired a Heavy Rocket!
SMAAAASH! 108 damage to the Skyrunner Mark II!
Gon fell forward and accidentally initiated an Emergency Landing.
The Skyrunner Mark II fell out of the battle!
YOU WON! Everyone in the party gained 112 experience points.

Coming up next is an encounter with another important person, learning some new PSI, and finally finding civilization... well sort of.

coolminun

Banned
Wow, we'll meet Hinanwa. Will we meet up with those ufos again? I also edited my Psi post to add the others. still working on new ideas

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hmm, I never imagined how so many of us mentioned dreams in our posts... Wow, you guys are getting more creative in your posts than I thought! It's almost making my own posts sound bland by comparison... Well anyway, thanks to Zekshirom and coolminun for posting. I kinda wish more people would post as well though... makes me wish more people had signed up or something. Oh well--if Ness and Lucas had only three friends accompanying them (two in Lucas' case, since one party member was a dog), I guess it's not bad if we have a small party...

Oh and by the way, to everyone who has not posted yet, you're welcome to make any creative intro you want--as long as it doesn't involve big machines or powerful PSI or huge explosions or anything unreasonable like that. Some suggestions might be:
- Have your character and their animal accidentally teleport to the sunflower field instead of Saturn Valley
- Your character simply went along for the ride in the Skyrunner Mark II and did nothing to fight the UFO's
- Your character did something about the UFO's, but their actions didn't impact the battle that much
- Helping Pilot Saturn with the broken Skyrunner Mark II

I'll have my next post up in a little while. You might say there's a Sanctuary boss coming up! And yes, I'm glad someone paid attention to chapter 6 of Mother 3... you can almost say this part of the RPG is based off of that, only with no Lucas present. And there's more to Hinawa than you might think... you'll see what I mean in my next post.

I also notice no one else is fighting any Foppies. Well, they're kinda uninteresting, so that's not surprising. As for the UFO's, we won't be seeing them again for quite a while, since they mainly patrol the sky and we'll be stuck on the ground for a while. In fact, there will be a bunch more enemies appearing in a little while.

Also, do any of you guys feel like this RPG is running too quickly, too slowly, not enough enemies appearing, things changing too quickly, or anything like that? Any suggestions to improve this RPG would be much appreciated, for I really want this RPG to continue moving along.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
My guys is fighting Foppies. Anyway, this is fun. I hope for more clockwork inventions with Diego. Anyway, his story with his lack of PSI would be interesting, especially if they try to unlock it and unleash a PSI DX. Very bad news.

coolminun

Banned
I really enjoy and look forward to this everyday, checking almost 10 times a day. I think the plot is advancing at a nice pace but i wish people would post more as well. The plot is moving at a nice pace, but I know it must be a little frustrating trying to expand and get the plot moving when people don't post.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Yes, characters without PSI tend to be very interesting--the canon ones most certainly were *cough Duster cough Jeff cough* and tended to have very interesting abilities otherwise. Which in Diego's case is clockwork and in Santana's case is the Miracle Voice and junkyard shenanigans.

Oh no no, I'm not saying that the PSI users are uninteresting! (Yako in all his manliness would totally punch me for saying that.)

Hmm, the lack of posting is a bit of a complication... I was initially glad to have so many people signing up, because at some point later in the RPG I was planning on having the group split up into three separate groups for a while. But now that there are fewer people posting, I highly doubt we'll end up doing that, which will make this RPG longer... Ah well, that can be a good thing.

I have one more RPG to catch up in, and then I'll post here again before Kyornik dies.