• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Yeah sure, that's fine. Plus, the part about Sir and Lady Boing speaking like normal people makes sense since they're appearing in Dalooni. I imagine they'd talk like ordinary Mr. Saturns once Dalooni disappears.

As for Mother 4... I am excited. Though in addition, throughout this RPG, I kept imagining what it would be like as a video game... and technically it would be Mother 4, because it takes place right after the events of Mother 3.

On another note, anyone else wish a trampoline moon existed in real life? XD Actually, I did include a reference in there, but it's not to an Earthbound game. The rabbit that appeared in yesterday's post is based of the Japanese Moon Rabbit, a legendary rabbit who appears in the moon and makes mochi. Except in this case the mochi was replaced with star bits... wait, aren't those the candy things Lumas eat in Super Mario Galaxy? XD

Last edited:

Kofii

Yeah, I caught the rabbit reference. I think that is what sylveon is supposed to modeled after. Some princess of the moon's rabbit. Well actually, as for the Saturns. They speak that way naturally. They both went to college and got their degrees. They are a little snooty to other Saturns because they don't talk normally lol. But, we can put a spin on it that Dr. Andonuts invented some type of device that makes their way of speaking sound normal. Also, I'm going to formally introduce Lieutenant Luvin in my next post. In case you were wondering, he is Luvina's twin brother.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I have heard about Mother 4, although I personally would have preferred if it had been named Earthbound 2, or is it Earthbound 3? (maybe 4?)

Kofii

Can't wait for mother 4. Have a subscription to the site, so I'll get the email when it comes out to download it.

Lieutenant Luvin is the older twin brother of Luvina. Both of them grew up in a household of cultists. There ancestor is Mr. Carpainter. After he disbanded the Happy Happy Cult when Ness defeated him and lost possession of the Mani Mani statue, there were still a few of his children that believed his views to be righteous and still promoted the cult in secret. Throughout the years the cult spread and new adaptations were implemented. Luvina was always the Black sheep of the family and rejected the color purple. The new cult chose purple instead of blue, because they saw it as purple is a mix of blue and red and so is still pure while having red within is more lively and thus transcends them to a higher level. Luvina was cast out of the cult and family as a heretic and she formed the cult of Black. It still has the same beliefs as the others, but a different color. Something about her playing Pokemon white too much and believing that she was a zekrom in her past life as is going to spread ideals over the world.

Edit: Also, all this lightning falling is giving me an idea. I was thinking about introducing the franklin badge here. Actually it would be called the Franklin broach and is clipped onto Lady Boing's dress. It would be given to Gon after the battle with Luvin, which would not be very long as I'm thinking about him trying the "intense burst of lightning" attack and basically frying himself lol. Lady Boing also has a thing for Gon't real name and calls him Hiro kun with a british accent

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Aaaaaand I have posted! Looks like it's boss battle time! I think someone (maybe Kofii?) had actually suggested it as an idea earlier in this thread, so big thanks to whoever that was! I do have to admit, Kofii gave me some interesting ideas for the reason Dalooni exists. I remember being shaky on it before, but this is a lot more believable (I think, anyway).

As for Luvin's big electric finale... Well, the focus of the battle kind of shifted away from him for now, but maybe after the Looney Pets are defeated, or when Luvin is threatened enough, he can use that attack and go out with a bang. Kind of like what happened to Mr. Carpainter in Earthbound, because this battle is reminding me a lot of it. The Franklin Badge thing works - haha, and this is after Gon gave a shout-out to it in my post.

And I mentioned at the end of my post that Counter and PSI Magnet may not be in the PSI list at the beginning of this thread... Actually, upon closer inspection, I realised that they were there after all. However, I have also added a new PSI technique to the list: Boost, which essentially is a hybrid of Offense Up and Defense Up, and replaces the two. So Blake would know this technique instead of Offense Up, even though it does the same thing (and more).

I also updated the Plot Summary, and added Sir and Lady Boing to the NPC list and the Looney Pets to the Enemy Index. I also deleted Rocky from the character list, because Billy Mays has been inactive for a really long time. At least Chihaya and Pir8Heart have posted here saying they'll post soon... even though they haven't yet. Though, if Billy Mays wants to rejoin the RPG, I'll gladly have Rocky back! I miss him, and his awesome guitar music...

Also, does Santana's cat have a name? I don't recall ever seeing one...

Also, Kyornik's Looney Pet reminded me of this picture I found on Cheezburger ages ago:
Looney Atka's design was kinda inspired by this

And meanwhile, Tekina got a Rapidash and Gon got a Yanmega. XD

Last edited:

Kofii

Yaaay, my confounded guardian idea. This is gonna be soooo epic. So, question about the pk boost thing. Remember what I said about using offensive psi to support others. Would haste from his aura count?

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
At least Chihaya and Pir8Heart have posted here saying they'll post soon... even though they haven't yet.

Oh, um. <:^3

Also, does Santana's cat have a name? I don't recall ever seeing one...

... Something hard to pronounce, with an insanely convoluted spelling. Kaïldruuni'in. Kaï. The insanely pretentious umalut trema diaeresis reminds you to stress the vowel sound.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Monster Guy: No, they just have to be knocked back into their senses. We'll have our animal friends back once this is all over... IF this is ever all over. >:)

@Kofii: In PK Aura's case, it could definitely have a secondary effect like that, since it essentially moves things around. For the other offensive techniques, I'm not sure how they would be support, besides creating ice structures with PK Freeze or jump-starting electrical devices with PK Thunder, or lighting up areas with PK Flash. Okay, maybe some of these can provide support, with a little ingenuity on the user's part.

@Pir8Heart: Yeah, I think I'll just call it Kai for short, remembering the emphasis is on the I.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Believe me... something will break when I post next...

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
Friendly reminder that Tekina has now gone stoic crazy (IT IS AN EXPRESSION I DECLARE IT TO BE ONE DEAL WITH IT) on Looney Uma. Also, her eyes are yellow, and Densetsu has an aura around it. Oh, and the voice change. But that's a small thing.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego has gone full blown crazy. He's officially about a third into madness now.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
You people are so quick to hurt your animal friends. :p

Leo's reaction will be a bit different. xD He can't bring himself to hurt his buddy, even if he is evil. Yeah, he's only known Junior for less than a day, but still. xD

Last edited:

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
To be far, Tekina has been, to be blunt, possessed by something who appears to believe that they chose her for something. Looney Uma attacked Tekina, so the 'thing' reacted and took over Tekina to protect her from the deranged horse.

What/who is this mystery thingy/person/whatever?

IT SHALL BECOME APPARENT EVENTUALLY

DVB

Philosopher Knight
You people are so quick to hurt your animal friends. :p

Leo's reaction will be a bit different. xD He can't bring himself to hurt his buddy, even if he is evil. Yeah, he's only known Junior for less than a day, but still. xD

True, but my character is losing his marbles right now and has to invoke his PSI, risking the enormous chance of unleashing his dark self.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Friendly reminder that Tekina has now gone stoic crazy (IT IS AN EXPRESSION I DECLARE IT TO BE ONE DEAL WITH IT) on Looney Uma. Also, her eyes are yellow, and Densetsu has an aura around it. Oh, and the voice change. But that's a small thing.

So she has gone to the dark side?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hahaha, I just noticed that both Diego and Tekina had their eyes turn golden when going into their, erm... altered states. Both of those altered states were darker versions of themselves, though very different. It's like going Super Saiyan, except the appearance change is in the eyes rather than the hair. XD

(In fact, I wonder if there's a TV trope for those golden eyes... if so, I should put it on our TV Tropes page that I still haven't updated recently.)

@DVB: Hmm, attacking Luvin already, are we? That's fine given the circumstances, but there is one issue: we would have already eaten the Magic Cake Pops in order to "enter" Dalooni in the first place, so Diego shouldn't have had his... unless perhaps he only ate half of it initially and still had the other half remaining. Though given the battles and such we've been having, it probably would have degraded into a sticky crumby mess on a stick.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I always thought of the Kraken as a type of squid like creature but in Earthbound it could almost pass as a funky version of DBZ's eternal dragon instead. Kind of odd but a sea monster is a sea monster, I suppose. Maybe we could get lucky and have the Starmen get defeated by a pack of wild Krakens?