• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
*Giggles* Leo is a crybaby. :p

Couldn't really figure out a way to incorporate PK Ground, but Magnet got used.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Who or what are we waiting for?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Well, as you can probably tell now, I've been really busy lately (this seems to be a common theme for me). I've been dealing with a school project combined with going through the hassle of changing degree programs and filling out applications and stuff, so... this means that I'll have to hold off any RPG posts until Tuesday (when the project is due). Until then, just have fun battling Luvin and the Looney Pets. And feel free to provide variations on the PSI that the Looney Pets use, as long as it's in line with what the PSI generally does. For example, PK Ground generally causes earthquakes, fissures, stones jutting up out of the ground... practically any Rock or Ground-type Pokemon attack could be a manifestation of PK Ground, one might say. PK Ground can only affect targets that are standing on the ground, so if there were some way for Leo to fly (or bounce into the air, hint hint), he could avoid a PK Ground attack. Of course, the Looney Pets are also capable of various physical attacks, depending on the animal.

I think my next post will be battle-related stuff anyway... Amanda fighting off the giant spider (there's something to add to the TV Tropes page), Gon trying to snap Aki out of his lunacy.

Kofii

Well, I finally posted. I want someone else to post before I finish my post with Looni Atka vs Kyornik. Also, is it ok if I help any of you in posts? I know that we've been pretty open with posts, but didn't wan to barge in on anyone else's fight. Leo needs some help and am willing to send an aura blast at Looni JR.

Oh yeah, Kiruria already approved this, but Kyornik just realized Nature's resonance. He could already do it as soon as he learned Pk Nature Beta, but now he knows about it. It's one of my way of making Kyornik more team friendly instead of just an army of one. He uses offensive psi to support his team. So, by using leftover Nature energy, he resonates it with elemental psi and gives a boost to their potency which increases damage as well as chances of effects occurring.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Oh my, this happens every single time: my post in the RPG ends up far from what I initially expected the post to be. The post I did just now does not have Gon trying to snap Aki back to his senses; instead it has him helping Leo out (and almost ending up in a similar Accidental Kiss situation Diego was in earlier). Oh, and it also has the two Dracona Minors coming back during Dexter's outburst. ...Yeah.

On another note, I finally created a Characters section of the RPG's TV Tropes page. I also edited the main page to get rid of all character-specific tropes (which I moved to the character page), and added some new tropes as well: Giant Spider, as I mentioned before, Big Fancy Castle (which I can't believe I didn't include earlier, given my general obsession with castles and the fact that we encountered three of them in this RPG so far), and Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. And I added some new ones as well while making the Character Page too. Though, I definitely gotta find some more tropes for Leo, as he only has one so far (although it's one that really defines him). Whereas minor characters like Kat, Rocky, and Gale have several. Not to mention that I can come up with several tropes for Amanda, but not so much for Gon. Figures...

Last edited:

Kofii

A love story?? How so?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Haha, I don't blame you, Soaring Pikachu. What with all the shippings going on and aspects of romance that are played for laughs here, it's easy to interpret all this as kind of a love story. Though, to be fair, love was a really central element of the Earthbound games, although it was more towards family (hence "Mother")--though, there were romantic elements too (each game had a token happy couple - at least Mother 2 and 3 did, not sure about 1 unless George and Maria count).

DVB

Philosopher Knight
THE POWER OF LOVE! It binds us all. Yes, we all love one another and most of our problems come from the fact some of us are tsunderes, yanderes and kuuderes in denial XDD

Kofii

More power of love stuff. Finally posted. Hope zekshirom likes the song i picked for the Dentetsu spirit.

Is someone gonna post sometime soon?

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I plan on posting on Sunday. Sorry for taking so long... I've been busy trying to prepare for an anime convention that's this weekend (I'm cosplaying, as the character in my signature banner in fact). Hang in there, everyone!

EDIT: My post is up! I have also updated the Plot Summary and added Luvin to the NPC list. Additionally, I added everyone's weapons to the Character List (and I can't believe I forgot to add Gon's Glow Stick to his app list, not that it matters much now since his phone is broken), so that it's perfectly clear who has what. Additionally, now we have some more hints as to just what is up with that mysterious underground base where the kidnappees are being held...

Also, additional info on Rapstarr, the musical group we all have tickets to go see, can be found in the second post of this thread, at the bottom (it's in a spoiler tag).

EDIT2: They say that when someone makes up really extravagant lies all the time, they frequently forget the content of those lies, causing future lies to have logical flaws. A wise old fool named Usopp once said that fiction is the grandest form of lying. Where am I going with this? I have just found some of those logical flaws in my own "lies" - that is, my posts in this RPG. First, I had to change the two big no's in my posts to big yeses because we were still in Dalooni (which will make for a hilarious inversion of the Big No trope - I should add that to the TV Tropes page). Second, after reading the last post I did with Ari, I realised that she already knew Lucas, so he's not much of a mystery boy anymore. I bet a bunch of you who were familiar with Mother 3 and/or Super Smash Bros. Brawl knew it was Lucas after I described his appearance anyway.

EDIT3: Speaking of Lucas, I added him to the NPC List, since he's becoming important. I also added the names of everyone's animal companions to the Character List, so it will be easier to look them up. Speaking of looking up, I have to see if Bowie named his cat at all...

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Additionally, I added everyone's weapons to the Character List (and I can't believe I forgot to add Gon's Glow Stick to his app list, not that it matters much now since his phone is broken), so that it's perfectly clear who has what.

It's a good thing you did. I had forgotten Leo's Yo-yo had an extra function. xD

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Monster Guy: And don't forget the holographic images from any PSI attacks Leo uses! It's practically a Beyblade, though I can't call it that due to copyright reasons (that are completely moot in the world of fan fiction).

I was kind of waiting for Kofii to post, especially since Kyornik would likely be the first person helping Tekina out, but I decided I can't wait any longer and have posted anyway. I guess I'll just assume Kyornik's carrying her to the palace... and if not him, then maybe Diego, or even Tekina using PK Aura in her sleep. XD After all, our fireworks-loving computer nerd certainly can't.

And it's official. Amanda has a new animal companion, because dragons are just plain unrealistic. Spiders are creepy, love dark places, and take delight in tormenting victims and loved ones alike, so this fits quite well. And stay tuned to see what exactly Toccata is doing with Ari and Lucas...

EDIT: I have updated the TV Tropes page with a few more things about the Dracona Minors especially, plus some NPCs and a couple for the character list:
Asian and Nerdy: Gon is a Japanese computer nerd. Well, "Sunriseian", actually. The same goes for his little sister Ari as well.
Darkness von Gothickname: Sinistrina von Schwarzwald, Amanda's spider companion. Schwarzwald is the German name for the Black Forest, which Sinistrina claims to be the princess of.
Demonic Possession: The fourth music box piece was cursed after Luvina died, giving rise to the bizarre alternate dimension known as Dalooni. This curse also possessed her brother Luvin, causing him to attack the Chosen Ones.
Fat and Skinny: An important pair of Dracona Minors qualify as this. Toccata is the skinny one and the more cunning, with more powerful flames; Fugue is the fat and lazy one who is physically stronger but has weaker flames.
- Diego and Amanda also qualify, given how they're shipped together.
Gentleman Adventurer: Sir Boing.
In Harm's Way: Kyornik often ends up as this. He's always the one who takes the most damage in any given battle, but he will boldly persist with powerful PSI attacks and direct combat regardless, which often results in him getting hurt even more.
Made of Evil: According to the Starmen, the Dracona Minors are manifestations of the evils of humanity.
Meganekko: Gon's glasses-wearing little sister Ari is one.
Musical Theme Naming: Toccata and Fugue, a pair of the "Dracona Minor" (D Minor for short?) species.
Shoulder-Sized Dragon: The Dracona Minors.

Last edited:

Kofii

Wow, a blast from the past in Ms. Aqua Way. So, I've finally posted and was thinking about what I'd post and then realized it was a lot.

Introduced a few things, that I hope nobody minds.
Camule-Chimera. Used in the deserts for mobility, strength, and speed.

As for the Posin' Ones I just added that bit in there really to highlight the awesome song that is the dead dunes from lightning returns with a desert. I'm not sure what it is they're doing in Scaraba, but I was thinking something along the lines of finding the Ancient Dungeonman. As a matter of fact, I was wondering if we could develop a plot for the Posin' Ones desert adventure. I know that we had a discussion some time ago about skipping Scaraba, but how about the Posin ones go instead while we head off to Summers?

This would give us a chance to develop our Posin Ones character a bit and, I wanted to introduce a new thing. All of the talk of Mega pokemon got me thinking about a type of ore that can be used to combat psi or amplify it. Mr. Phonics wants it. I call it Auroranite. It glows in seven colors like the Mysteria and each color does something different. I thought of this when you said that Atka's shurikens were unaffected by Pk aura, and was thinking they would be made of the indigo auroranite. How does it sound?

Also, for Zekshirom. Is it soon time for the Densetsu thing?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
This would give us a chance to develop our Posin Ones character a bit and, I wanted to introduce a new thing. All of the talk of Mega pokemon got me thinking about a type of ore that can be used to combat psi or amplify it. Mr. Phonics wants it. I call it Auroranite. It glows in seven colors like the Mysteria and each color does something different. I thought of this when you said that Atka's shurikens were unaffected by Pk aura, and was thinking they would be made of the indigo auroranite. How does it sound?

Should they actually Mega evolve too? :p Pink Auroranite would cause Leo to grow wings and become a Fairy, Winx Club style! xD (I know Pink is not a part of the rainbow...)

Eh, the only thing I want Leo (as well as Junior) to be doing right now is getting a massage from a llama. So, I'll post something later, when more stuff happens.

Last edited:

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
I think Kiruria would have to decide when would be a good time for it...

And I may just post something about Tekina being brought to a room to rest, then her waking up.