• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
YAY! Chihaya's back! I thought that would never happen! So Aqua joined the ranks of girls getting wardrobe changes... and you're aware she has that new Water Wand too, right?

@Monster Guy and Kofii: Kofii, you read my mind about having the Posin' Ones to go Scaraba while we go to Summers! And yes, there will be a plot revolving around the Posin' Ones... The Camules are okay, but the ore... I'm not so sure how the whole Mega Evolution-like aspect would come into play, but I guess it could just serve to power up PSI in general, a sort of psychic fuel if you will. In fact, I think I have an idea for how that ore could be incorporated...

@Zekshirom: How about Tekina getting the sword of Densetsu during the Summers arc? It'd be kind of silly to have her get it now, as she just got a weapon upgrade (an Infinity-1 Sword, if you will). In fact, I should add that to the TV Tropes page... Also, I like how Aniket is almost the direct opposite of Tekina. XD And we could use a sadist among the Posin' Ones, as Adnama is more of a pouting Snark Knight at worst.

I know my latest post didn't include anything from the Posin' Ones arc or the Ari and Lucas arc, but I do promise to include something from at least the former in my next post, including a mention of the ore.

Last edited:

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
That sounds good!

Pff, Aniket HATES having to act all calm and nice when impersonating as Tekina. She's secretly a huge tomboy XD

And when Aniket and Tekina finally meet...well, you'll see.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Oh, I completely forgot that she has her own wand. She really is Amanda's rival now!

As for the Mega Ore things, it would be cool if the party could tap into the ore's powers and use PSI that they normally could not, or to amplify their own PSI power if it's the proper ore. They would be treated as consumables as to limit their use for boss battles or dire plot twists. It would let me test out giving Aqua PSI Aura since I've been thinking about it. A modern witch needs to be able to fly, doesn't she?

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Zekshirom: Yeah, XD. I'm finding it really interesting how similar or dissimilar the Posin' Ones are to their respective Chosen Ones. Like how Kinroyk, Ogeid, and maybe Odranoel are quite similar personality-wise to the originals, whereas Adnama and especially Aniket hate having to represent Amanda and Tekina, respectively. I also realize I haven't posted anything with Ihsorih yet (gosh that's a weird name... I think I like Nog better... technically Tekina is a nickname too, after all, otherwise it would be Nihsies). Oh my.

@chihaya01: Why learn PK Aura that way when there will most likely be another point where all the PSI capable Chosen Ones learn a new PSI technique normally? And yes, we officially have a White Magician Girl/Black Magician Girl pairing now. Aqua and Amanda fit it so well with the kind of PSI they use too - and appropriately, they both liken PSI to magic (though I'm pretty sure Tekina does this too, what with all her incantations ending with "mahou").

(And in that last post, for some reason Aqua reminded me of a celestial version of Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden. I can see parallels between the two... a love of gardening, an ability to magically make plants grow, tsundere characteristics, holding a magical water container, being affiliated with a nerdy teenage boy who seems to always be dressed for bed...)

Last edited:

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I'll be sure to give Aqua a gardening scene with a watering just for you. And with the ore, I was thinking it would be more like an item with the same effect as a PSI. So if a character suddenly needed to freeze something, the stone could give them a limited use period of PSI Freeze. They can ever offer healing when the healers are busy, or inactive (sorry).

My latest post features Max! I feel like every time Gon and Aqua's relationship gets closer, the two of them should have to fight him. This battle featured music from one of my favourite anime, and any other battle with him will most likely use music from it as well.

Last edited:

Kofii

Hey all, Nice ideas with the auroranite. I honestly had no idea what the ore was going to be used for besides fashioning psi resistant weaponry. As far as the mega evolution thing, I was just thinking about how it transcends the normal. I'm gonna post today and semi introduce it.

Kofii

So, I just got a few ideas about the auroranite and would like to share them wit all of you. I'm also super open to ideas too.

So, first thing first, set the mood:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJQas2YXVQ

The auroranite comes in two forms. (Was thinking of the different charizardites) It comes in whatever color G or N. So one example are Indigo auroranite G or Blue auroranite N. G stands for Giygas and N stands for Ness. So, like I said in previous posts, the auroranite comes in 7 colors like the rainbow Mysteria. Each color affects a different type of psi

Red=Pk fire
Orange=pk ground
Yellow=Pk thunder
Blue=Pk freeze
Green= pk flash
Indigo= pk aura
Violet= pk wind

N auroraninte amlifies psi greatly, but too much of it causes madness as an overdeveloped consciousness arises. My story behind the aurora, is that the mysteria is made from the rwo types of auroranite, but auroranite G forms deposits on the earth and this is what causes the malicious behavior in animals and people. The N auroranite is what manifests psi in people, objects, and animals, and this new super consciousness can also make them do terrible thing with their new powers. Too much N auroranite causes the powers and mental stability of the person using it to become extremely unstable and then they become not only a danger to everyone around them, but also themselves. N auroranite is distinguished from G by the emerald spirals within it that turn clockwise.

G auroranite is malicious and can destroy psi as well as turn it on the user. This makes it an incredible weapon to be used by the non psi talented. Given the right type of auroranite, it can be used to counter that particular type of psi. The pendants in earthbound were made out of these.http://strategywiki.org/wiki/EarthBound/Armor#Pendants
When a person is wearing G auroranite, it can turn a psi attack back on the user in a very malicious way. It can cancel out their ability to use that particular psi, or cause the psi to go out of control. It is distinguishable by N by the emerald rings that spiral counter clockwise. (This came about literally from me making a poiliwrath over the weekend and remembering the belly spirals differ lol)

So, let's say Tekina had Red auroranite G equipped to protect herself from Pk fire attacks. It would be very unwise of her to use Pk fire herslef as the psi could backfire and cook her like lo mein noodles or she'd just stand there looking stupid yelling hi no maho!! and nothing happened.

For the non psi gifted, they can wield up to 4 types of G. Only because the star pendant blocks 4 types of attacks. In order to get a star pendant, it must be stolen from a starman. Psi gifteds can only hold 3 types of either auroranite, for fear of madness taking hold

Edit: Oh yeah, I almost forgot this part. There are also 5 secret auroranite colors.

Gold=Healing psi
Silver=Status psi
Obsidian=N Pk favorite
Ivory=G Pk favorite
Kaleidoscope= Omnipotent ore with all powers. A mix of both N and G without the negatives of either. (so far, Estralle the Starwan is the only being in the RPG with one. This was how she gave Blake psi in the hospital)

All auroranites are really rare, but N auroranite is pretty hard to come by. I would like the Posin' Ones adventure to go into the desert to find the 5 secret ores.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
OOC: Hoo boy, the posts here ranged from boring to somewhat unusual to downright wacky. This should be interesting...

I'm 99.9% sure my post was the boring one...

I'm not posting again until more stuff I can reply to happens. As it is now, my post would be rule breakingly short, :/

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Kofii: That's an interesting idea with the different colours of auroranite! I can definitely seeing it being exploited by the Posin' Ones in particular. At first I thought the designations for Ness and Giygas were odd because they only existed in the Old World that Avis told a story about, but if the Aurora was created by the Starmen, it does make sense, since the Starmen would certainly remember them.

Also, the gem in Prince Rama's turban is a kind of auroranite-like stone similar to the Brain Stone Poo held in Earthbound. Poo was another Dalaam prince who had PSI powers, but in order to use those powers, he needed to focus them with the Brain Stone. When I read about the auroranite, it reminded me of this stone, so I decided to implement a similar thing for Prince Rama.

@Monster Guy: Your wish is my command! A couple of days after I did my last post, I thought about doing a short post with Prince Rama talking to Leo, but I never got around to it.

@Everyone: Okay, so now we should be wrapping up the events of tonight to prepare for tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for Chihaya's posts especially, since Aqua and Gon are in the middle of a battle (which is seeming to draw to a close, though I could be wrong). I literally just got an idea for something that happens in the middle of the night, which should hopefully present an interesting turn of events.

Last edited:

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I think the Max thing was drawn out enough for now. These fights are just dramatic methods of the Gon Aqua ship to progress in this love heavy series. He won't be dead, of course. Demons never truly die. Besides, we can't kill him off before it's known in RPG that the two are related. The Max fights are also my way of incorporating different anime or anime genres. The first fight was inspired by Touhou, I guess it's not anime, but a game with an all female cast is the bee's knees. This fight that Gon and Aqua had with Max is heavily Revolutionary Girl Utena; Aqua being the prince, Gon being the Rose Bride, and Max being the duelist who tries to split them apart.

Also, I really want our party to get a Llama or two, or ten. They can be temporary, returning to their master eventually, but I think they would be fun to have.

Another thing before I end this post. If you got platinum status with Club Nintendo, you can get Earthbound for free. As you can guess, that was the only option for me. I've died a bunch and I'm not even at the first My Sanctuary.

Kofii

Just recently posted. Kinda would like all the Chosen Ones to meet with Dr. Andonuts in the lab to explain the auroranite. Those that are bedridden can have a llama nurse take them to the laboratory. Think I'm gonna post on Blake and Kinroyk.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Soaring Pikachu: LOL. *cue smooth instrumental jazz piece by Henry Mancini*

@Kofii: Okay, I guess a little announcement before bedtime can't hurt.

@Chihaya: Hooray for gender reversals! XD Of course, Gon will be bombarding Aqua with questions the next morning, you can definitely expect that.

@Monster Guy: Hooray for pony lights! XD Yeah, I guess MLP wouldn't have been around when Prince Rama was a kid, or at least it wouldn't have been that popular.

@Everyone: I know it's been about a month since I last posted... Truth be told, I've been accompanied with not only moving into a new apartment, but also Tomodachi Life, of all things. (Speaking of which, I have Miis of Gon, Amanda, and Mr. Saturn in that game, and plan on adding either Duster or Wess soon as well.) I plan on posting tomorrow though, after some meetings I have to attend (in real life, that is), so hang on, everyone!

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
first of all

any of yall who has tumblr

i added duster onto a multimuse RP blog

i can link if ya want

second of all: take ur time with posting, Kiruria! moving can take a lot out of a person, and i honestly don't blame you for getting absorbed in a video game... *glances at etrian odyssey and harvest moon* i know the feeling XD

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Tomodachi Life, of all things.

I have a Mii of Leo. He's currently married to Fluttershy. xD (Made funnier by the fact that Fluttershy's Best Friend Applejack was the one who set them up.) I just wish this game had a Gay Option. After he sang the Ballad song with another of my RP characters, which I actually cried while watching, there's a guy I would rather have him end up with...

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Monster Guy: LOL. Also recently I had Gon confess his love for Ari (hooray for incest!), but Ari turned him down.

@Everyone: The course materials for Auroranite 101 are now viewable in my latest post. Any questions should be referred to Dr. Andonuts or to the teaching assistant, me. (Funny part is, I'm a TA in real life, and just had the first meeting about a laboratory class I'm teaching earlier today - so I guess this stuff is fresh in my mind.)

Actually, while posting, it took me forever because I kept getting distracted by new ideas about the RPG flowing into my head. (That's one thing I really love about this RPG: how we all just bounce ideas around, and how the plot turns out in ways I didn't initially expect because of it.) One such idea I had - and I alluded to this near the end of my post - was that maybe the PSI experiment Diego was part of (the one that created Dexter) involved auroranite, specifically auroranite N. I thought of it as I was reading Kofii's description of auroranite N, as it reminded me of Diego's background. (In fact, it makes me wonder if Kofii was thinking the same thing.) Of course, if DVB had something else planned for the origin of the experiment, then never mind.

Another idea I have is that instead of all the PSI capable Chosen Ones getting a new PSI technique overnight (or as a result of an Archangel), as was how the Chosen Ones have gained all their new PSI techniques thus far, maybe have everyone receive a piece of Auroranite tomorrow morning instead. This would not only let us play with auroranite, but also would make things more fair for Diego and Santana since they can't use PSI (but they will be able to use Auroranite - though if the above info on Diego is true, he might have a sort of allergic reaction to Auroranite N where Dexter could come out again or something). What do you guys think?

If we do do the Auroranite instead, each Chosen One would receive a different colour basic auroranite (one of the seven rainbow colours), either N or G (your choice). "But wait Kiruria, aren't there eight Chosen Ones? (Technically there are nine, but Bowie doesn't count here because he's not currently with the group.) What does the eighth one get?" Answer: the eighth one is Amanda, and she wouldn't get anything (except maybe a new PSI technique the normal way, probably Brainshock).

So start either making dibs on Auroranite colour (I'll have last pick for Gon to be fair, though somebody else better take the green auroranite as Gon already knows PK Flash), or thinking about a new PSI technique for your character if they're PSI capable.

Last edited:

Kofii

Brilliant lecture Prof. Kiruria. if anyone wants some shurikens to make a anti pk aura item, let me know. (You don't have to really. Just post I guess.)