• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hey everyone, long time no post lol. been super busy with graduate school. Assignment after assignments and they still want you to find time to do your thesis stuff and hold down an aquarium job.

I know that feeling... I'm dealing with working on a graduate thesis myself, except instead of assignments and a job, I've been dealing with the worst depression I've ever had in my life. But, I have posted again just now, so that's okay... okay maybe not. Anyway, now the Chosen Ones have a bit of free time before heading to Club Stoic for the concert, and the Posin' Ones can head further down into the Great Pyramid now.

Also, speaking of pyramids, while I was away, I was doodling in my notepad for a bit, and ended up inventing a new enemy that would fit perfectly in Scaraba (or the Illuminati). Probably will have it appear in the levels further down in the pyramid along with the Cactus Crabs. It's called a Pyrilumid, specializes in PK Flash, and comes equipped with a PSI counter. Meaning any PSI used on them will hurt the user in addition to the enemy. In fact, you can have these appear in your posts right now if you want to, in addition to the other enemies listed.

Kofii

All right, I've got my post in finally. Exams are over and the first year of grad school os complete. So, in my post, the Japanese Kanji appearing in Kyornik's eye is a countdown for Densetsu, so when you are ready to really dive in there Zekshi, let me know and th countdown will start. When it hits zero, Kyornik will vanish and begin the trek through the mystical castle.

Kofii

Hey people, been a long time. Just posted something interesting. Let's get some new posts in

DVB

Philosopher Knight
She's working on her thesis for her Master's degree and been dealing with a lot of stuff

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
ah. alright

phew...i was just getting a little scared, even if that may sound weird. she's just normally not gone this long so i got worried. thanks for letting me know!

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Masters degree? Good grief, that is a lot of education but there's nothing wrong with that.

Back to RPG news, I think that it would be a good idea to do a time skip and have everyone do epilogues of what happened to each character after the final confrontation. Then again my person has been inactive for a while so you guys would really be the ones to decide on that suggestion.

Just pretend like I was a fly on the wall. (or some other bug)

Bowies story needed closure, so I did one for him. I did not end the crisis so as not to interfere if anyone wanted to keep going. Also the milkshake place is open to anyone that can find it and the shop does serve other foods but they are not as famous.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I would like to keep going, but it all depends on Kiruria

Kofii

Good to hear from you guys as well. I thought all was lost. I'm not that far in my Master degree yet, but I can definitely sympathise with her and I wish her all th best with all she's going through. As for the story, I would really like to continue it as well. I think I'll post. i've actually been waiting all this time for someone else to. While Kiruria's on hiatus, I think we should explore Summers and Scaraba for the Posin' Ones more.

Oh, and for those special items that are for each of us can they be made of the legendary black and white auroranite? They are the ones that boost PK favorite attacks and are the 2 of the rarest forms of auroranite.

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
............does............nobody remember.........that tekina's in the palace now...........wouldn't at least one person want to stay near the jewel for when she came back????

thing with the posin ones is fine, but just...yeah.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Oh, and for those special items that are for each of us can they be made of the legendary black and white auroranite? They are the ones that boost PK favorite attacks and are the 2 of the rarest forms of auroranite.
Even Bowie, my character would not be able to answer that for certain. While he did handle each one at some point, the item's specific ability (s) and composition would probably remain something of a mystery. Or maybe I should say the powers are hidden until the item is found by its chosen one? Some of them are not meant for battle necessarily but are just handy tools. Although most GM's would agree that going by RPG logic, the sooner or later that an item is discovered relative to the final boss, the stronger or weaker a piece of equipment could potentially be.

For example: Someone could find their item sitting on the sidewalk tomorrow in the RP but it would only grant a small boost or be helpful in some other minor way. (depending on the person) Conversely if an item was found or applied right at the last moments before the party faced certain death, it is possible that it could act as a sort of "get out of jail free card". But that kind of magic could make the item harder to find. It's also a possibility that a special item be skipped or go unnoticed, which is fine. According to RPG logic.

So to answer I would say, it is most definitely possible.

Last edited:

Kofii

Yeah, about staying with the floating jewel until she gets back. Kyornik is gonna pass on that for the moment. He's gonna go and find out more about the Kraken and then come by to check on her later. I highly doubt anybody is going to mess with a floating golden jewel protected by a holy barrier. Gonna post today, because I miss you guys and this RPG. Hopefully Kiruria returns, but until then I think I will post some new stuff.