• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (discussion)

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
@chihaya01: Yeah, Aqua kinda came across to me as more of the supportive type of PSI user. And she totally is a Lucas, especially since she's one of the youngest in the group (besides Santana). And no, you're only allowed one Favourite Thing move. So Aqua will have PK Herb or PK Garden, but not both. It's only fair to the others. Personally I think PK Garden would just sound better. And you're right, Counter isn't on the list of available PSI yet. That's because it's slightly more advanced, especially when compared to Shield. Same thing goes for PSI Magnet. And the Offense/Defense modifier spells will be... completely omitted in this RPG, just so we don't have too much PSI to deal with. I'll let Aqua learn Counter though, just because.

Also, there are some things you have to keep in mind about Counter. Counter is not a shield. The user still takes the full amount of damage from the attack--but the enemy also receives that damage. Also, Counter only works on physical attacks. The only physical attacks the enemy performs in this battle are the Fleshy Flower's leaves and the No Good Flies' charging. An incoming liquid attack (was that the Fleshy Flower's nectar?) would hardly count as a physical attack, not to mention there's no such thing as PK Water (unless PK Fire and PK Freeze collide, perhaps). If this is not what you had in mind, you might want to consider editing your post and changing Aqua's newly learned PSI to Shield instead.

1) I was thinking it was more of an evolving power. She starts off with PK Herb and is later grows into Psi Garden, kinda like a real garden.

2) I love you. Even though I'm male; let me have your children.

3) *Edits post to make it abide by these rules*

4) I felt it should be able to spit acid. Why? It sounded fitting.

5) PK Water? *You or I must have misread something or I typed something awkwardly*

6) My post has been edited with the new rules about counter, if anyone cares, go ahead and read it. If not: I replaced the acidic nectar with leaves.
More enemies!

Paint Can: A heavy paint container with arms. It can cause poison or blindness with its paint!
Paint Roller: Paint Can's trust sidekick! A paint roller that grew arms. When it isn't crashing into you, it's busy dumping a Paint Can on you.
Paint Brush: A simple paint brush that has somehow learned how to move. They are no threat when alone but in numbers they can attract lone Paint Cans and will vandalize walls anything they can.

Chihaya feels artsy today for a strange reason.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Oh yeah, forgot to remark on your enemy designs! Those are rather interesting designs, I must say! The desert enemies you proposed will obviously be best-placed in Scaraba, and yes, we will be visiting Scaraba at some point in this RPG. The paint enemies... well... Maybe they can appear at the hideout of one of the colourful cults, or in Fourside (we'll be visiting that city as well). I'll find some place to fit them in...

So I just did a post... but it will only apply to Kyurem. Its purpose is to help Dell arrive in Quetzal. I'm currently waiting on both him and DVB (and maybe Zekshirom) to post before ending the Fleshy Flower battle.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Updated. Anyone have an ideas for Diego's clockwork inventions. Only one I have left would allow him to act as a reservoir of PSI energy. Since his actual skills are locked, his PSI meter is sitting there unused.. He plans to make a device that will allow him to use that PSI to restore the PSI Meters of others. But besides that, not sure of what else to use regarding Clockwork weapons .

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
So now we have a Nearly Headless Flower on our hands! As for clockwork stuff... I know it's kind of unoriginal, but what about a pendulum that can put enemies to sleep? Some clocks do have pendulums after all, and nobody in the group knows Hypnosis. Maybe also a Spyglass that can spot enemies that may be hiding or disguising themselves.

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
If Aqua is a Lucas, Gale is definitely a Kumatora as you said, Kiruria. XD Heavy on the offense, be it magical or even physical, but has the worst healing. XD Perhaps I should give Gale a hidden talent for rock music. XD I never had a singing character, ever, and it would be fun if she would be the first one. XD Maybe it first shows itself later on. XD

DVB

Philosopher Knight
The pendulum could work and also it could combine with some flashing lights and spirals. Diego could use a status-causing moves, Anyone have a long distance idea. While the Gauntlet and Saw can be extended, they have a limit. So anyone have projectile weapon ideas>

coolminun

Banned
Great idea on the earthpower visual for the PK nature look Kiruria. I've been thinking alot about the spell faith from Kingdom hearts Birth by Sleep and Roxas' 13 beams Event Horizon limit break. Just patiently waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3Ds. As for Pk nature, it's not a twisting vines kinda thing. What it is, is the power contained within a natural disaster.

When most people think of a nature attack, they think maelstrom, tsunami, earthquake, volcano, etc. These are just the forms the energy takes and we know the destruction wrought by this energy. This attack manifests that energy into a golden light from the ground up and is imbued with rotating and pulsing golden diamonds. Just like how Lucas uses Hexagons in Pk love, Kyornik uses golden diamond shaped Psi with with crescents.

Still seeking advice on this move.

As for DVB, How about a clockwork boomerang. It could have sharp blades on it to slice enemies and you could program it so that no matter what, it always comes back. Last airbender referance lol.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
DVB: Not the most original idea in the world but how about shooting bolts and gears at enemies or you can make some sort of device that replicated Psi powers.

So I was wondering, after the Fleshy Flower is defeated, can Aqua try to grow a miniature version of the plant using a seed that the original one drops? It would act like the chicken eggs in Mother 2 and 3 and slowly grow. Maybe it can be sold to some botanists for money at any point in game if we're to meet one.

coolminun

Banned
I have an idea for Pk aura. Since Kyornik doesn't have any status Psi. I'd like to add another sub ability. I'm thinking of Haste at the beta level and up, Since Pk aura moves things telekinetically, How about the body moving faster. While using this, Kyornik has to concentrate a lot, so he can't use any other psi and this is not like the offense up psi. This maintains a constant energy flow from Kyornik that causes the thing in question to move faster. The psi does nothing to the target's mind, but only to their body. So for instance if Gale decided she wanted to whack an enemy in the face, and Kyornik used Haste on her, She'd be in complete control of what she wanted her body to do, it would just move faster than normal. If the body cannot handle the speed up or they are starting to get tired and can no longer maintain the energy for it, the Psi will end so as not to over-exert the body. This restriction is not applied to the Omega level.

The Psi at its basic level moves bodies faster, but not too fast that they go beyond human standards if used on a human that is, and he can only cast it on 2 people. Also, the more in shape and stronger the body is, the faster they can go. So since were constantly fighting enemies and gaining experience, when casted on teammates their speed grows. This Psi also demands that someone protect Kyornik or put up a shield around him while he's using this as he basically can't move when using this on some one else. This is why Aqua is extra awesome, because she can place counters on her teammates. If it's on himself, he can only use physical attacks.

The Gamma level can speed up 3 people at once. This will be useful for both the psi and non psi teammates. The Omega level can speed up 5 teammates, and also had the very dangerous ability in localized haste. With localized haste, it can speed up the progression of a certain target. For example, if we're fighting a robot it can use up its energy reserves a lot faster and If we manage to poison a target with our bag of snakes or the deathly progression of Pk Hex, Hast can spread the poison faster and speed up the effects of pk hex. It can also cause heart attacks in organic enemies.

Oh, and Chihaya01, what about Aqua forming one way counters. I remember in Zatch Belle, the mamodo Tia could cast shields around the opponents that would let attacks go in, but not let them go out and reflected the attack back at the user if they tried to attack back. It'd be a way to contain them in one spot, stop them from attacking, and we could focus our offensive psi or attacks on them since the counter lets things in but not out. In this way, you'd have a form of pseudo offensive psi.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I really like that idea, but let's wait for her counter to reach gamma level. Her counter currently creates a thin disk of ice in front of the target. Her beta level counter would create a larger and thicker disk of ice which is also infront of her target while her gamma creates a dome of very thick ice around a person.

In order to weaken it, I think the Counter Prison should be weaker than her counter to under power the attack.

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
Talking about custom PK powers, I made one up myself. PK Comet, or suisei majikku. It basically takes the form of a comet(s).

Alpha is when Tekina summons a few small stars from space and they fall down, a golden aura around them. They deal a few points of damage.

Beta has 5 medium comets rain down, looking the same as the small stars. Only thing is is that they are rocks now, not stars. They deal twice the amount of damage that alpha does.

Gamma has 3 comets now. Three times as powerful as alpha. At this level, Tekina has to rest a bit, LITERALLY.

Omega is one HUGE comet going down on the enemy. This attack is FIVE TIMES as powerful as Alpha. Only downside is that Tekina falls unconcious after using this, since it takes up much of her energy.

So, yeah. The tiredness might trigger something, he he he.

Zekshirom

Herp a derpy gurl
Maybe, but two reasons are different.

1-Starstorm desn't level up in the games.

2-The number and size of the comet(s) changes with the level up.

I dunno, I was just bored. XDD

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
1) A star is a giant ball of burning plasma and gasses and all that jazz.

2) A comet is like melting ice that flies through space and has a pretty tail.

3) If a rock is falling from space and enters Earth's atmosphere it is a meteoroid. When the meteoroid crashed, whatever is left of it is a meteorite.

4) If I replace comet with meteoroid, your Omega attack would have to be a very large meteoroid to stay large when it crashes into Earth.

5) I think a falling star would do more damage than a rock but it would also destroy our solar system or damage it greatly.

6) Psi Starstorm comes in Alpha and Omega.

The attack itself would be very over powered. It would cause problems for Earth too. The hippies wouldn't like that and neither would I Maybe if you replace the stars and falling space rocks with plasma from a star, it would work a bit better or is that what Starstorm is?

This is enough of 6th grade science class for one day. *Ruins my scientific talk by watching Charmed*

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@DVB: For a long-ranging attack, how about gear-based shurikens? You see, I'm appealing to a certain RPG where Diego was a ninja... an ice ninja, to be exact. ;)

@coolminun: I'm not too familiar with any of the Kingdom Hearts games, but I like the PK Nature appearance idea. We'll be learning our favourite-thing PSI very shortly (either in my next post or the one after), so keep that in mind. Haste would be a good ability for Kyornik to learn later on. We'll be learning another PSI technique when we travel to the next country.

@Zekshirom: Yeah, I agree with coolminun on PK Comet's resemblance to PK Starstorm. Especially given the stars in PK Starstorm actually were comets in Super Smash Bros. However, while it is true that in the games PK Starstorm didn't have different levels, that can always change. For example, PK Flash had different levels in Earthbound, but not in Mother 3. Also, PK Ground was originally a technique without levels in Mother 3, but I gave it levels in this RPG. I suppose the same could be true of PK Starstorm, but it's still way too early for anyone to learn it even at its most basic level.

@chihaya01: Pfft, grow a miniature Fleshy Flower after defeating it? If you did that, you would drive people away with its stench once it blossoms. But if you absolutely must, go on ahead with it. And hey, maybe this "Mini-Fleshy" could turn against Aqua at some point when it grows up, kind of like how Audrey II did in Little Shop of Horrors. (Just to present more similarities for fun, Audrey II was turned evil by the light of a solar eclipse; the Fleshy Flower was turned evil by a mysterious aurora.)

@Soaring Pikachu: That would depend on the story. What do you have in mind?

@Everyone: I'm working on my next post right now. Looks like Dell's gonna miss out on the Fleshy Flower battle--which will end when I post.

coolminun

Banned
Ok, haste has been approved. Yeah, He's not going to get that ability until he learns pk aura beta, which will be after he learns pk thunder, which is after pk nature lol. Also, the Psi hastens the ability to cast Psi, so Psi can be used in quick succession. The Omega level versions Localized haste can speed up the Psi I also have an idea for some monsters.

King Nanuk- Giant Polar bear
Description-Very similar to Beartic but more fierce and covered in scars with crimson claws
Psi- Pk Freeze Gamma,Pk wind Gamma, Offense up, Shield
Attacks- Freezing Fangs( immobilizes or causes frostbite), Rending claws, Intimidating Roar(Lowers opponents defense), Diamond dust gaze (This diamondises opponents)

I'm thinking this could be the boss of the Winters Story

Fireman- Quite literally, a human firefighter possessed by ghostly flames
Psi- Pk fire beta
attacks- Blazing fist, Blazing kick, axe chop
Drops: Willow wisps

Firewoman- Quite literally, a human female firefighter possessed by ghostly flames
Psi- Pk fire beta
attacks- Blazing Slap, Blazing kick, brandish fire extinguisher
Drops: Willow wisps

Tiger-Moth (Chimera)
Description-Tiger head, claws, and tail with large eyespot moth wings and skinny moth legs, and abdomen
Attacks- Rending claws,Intimidating roar(Lowers opponents defense) Sparkling scales (Think silver wind), Mysterious powder( Random status effect)
Psi-Hypnosis
Drops: Magic butterfly

Hungry couch-Hmm- I wonder where that couch potato went??
Description Large Red couch with razor sharp teeth
It moves side to side when runnong and is very loud. Qutie scary
Drops: Loose change-approximately $1.35

Death Notes
Description: All of our favorite instruments become an orchestra of death. This battle takes place in the music suite at kyorniks school, which is the Summers branch of Reynard University. Can be the Summers Boss

Psi- All of our starting Psi and Our signature Psi up to the gamma levels, except for Aqua, in which her instrument casts shields and counters(including the counter prison) +Pk garden/herb
Special skill-Pk Hex melody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwlD5UPqfAw) Hahahaha While this melody plays, Pk Hex will slowly sap us of strength and cause some of its status effects. The mysterious NPC girl's instrument taught our instruments the melody. I was also thinking Gon's instrument could also cast Refresh.

This fight is designed to be really hard. There is sympathetic turmoil because they are our favorite instruments, and they fight basically the way we do. We also are on the clock, because Pk Hex is slowly killing us and making us feel ill. Gon's and Aqua's instruments basically heal and protect their allies, while the rest attack with very powerful Psi or launch themselves at us. Dell's instrument will shoot musical notes similar to how his sentry gun fires. I for one would not like to be crushed by my piano XD. The key to this fight lays in Santana and her Miracle voice as well as us taking out the defensive instruments first.

How do these sound? I also wanted to know if we're going to have an underwater part of the RPGand if so, can we be chimerafied with sea critters? I'd wanna be part orca of course.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Interesting ideas, coolminun. However, I already have the Winters stuff all planned out, and to be honest, that polar bear would not really work there. However, it will most definitely work for when we go to Sunrise. Maybe not as a boss, but as a really powerful enemy stationed just before it (a mini-boss, perhaps). I'm planning to have lots of monsters appear on Mt. Itoi, where there will certainly be lots of snow and ice.

I really like the Death Notes idea though. In fact, I already have something planned for the next phase of this RPG that is somewhere along those lines. Yes, people, get ready to put your musical instruments to use when we leave Quetzal for the next destination. (And whaddaya know, I was just watching a Death Note episode last night...)

And as for the underwater part... I'm kinda debating on it. If I do decide to implement it, that will be the area we explore in Summers--at a coral reef just off the coast of it. And earlier on, you already gave me an idea of who the Summers boss might be...

And the Fireman and Firewoman look like they might fit in either Scaraba or Dalaam. I haven't decided which yet. They themselves are seeming like a combination of the Psychic Psycho, Lingering Spirit, and Enraged Fire Plug (in the woman's case)--should be interesting. Although, I think the name Burning Man would be funnier, given that's the name of a real-life festival in the middle of the desert.