• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Epic-Inferno: Glad to see you're interested! I guess Earthbound is more popular than I thought it was...

Raiden193: Yup, you got it! Although Duster was already in the DCMC in Mother 3. Kumatora (or Violet, I should say) is just a last-minute addition after Magic went missing. Yeah, you can probably guess I'll be introducing quite a few Mother 3 characters in this RPG...

@Magikarpenter: Pending--I almost want to flat-out say Denied. You're still rather new to RPing, aren't you? That or you haven't quite grasped the high RPG standards of these forums. It's really hard for me to deny you, because I really like the concept of your character. We certainly could use an old man like Alec and Wess in this RPG! However, your signup needs quite a bit of improvement, particularly in the "Big Three" fields (Appearance, Personality, and History). I strongly recommend you look at the Making a Signup thread for tips.

- First, the Appearance. It's decent, but it could use a bit more detail. There's a million different cowboy hats out there--how big is the brim? What colour is it, and what sort of material is it made out of? Same thing with the poncho--that could mean a bizillion different things. And just how "dark" is his skin? I need a specific shade here.

- Your Personality is WAY too short. Two sentences ain't gonna cut it, bro. Expand a bit on how he acts around others, how he deals with dangerous situations, his hobbies and interests, things like that. I expect at least two paragraphs here.

- History is sort of okay, but I'd like to see a bit more detail. The purpose of this section is to give us a sense of why your character acts the way he does. What inspired Amos' love of adventure. Did his family have any influence on that? What challenges did he face in his career, especially during the transition from archaeologist to college professor? What did he teach as a professor, and where? And for how long? And expand a bit on why he reacted how he did to the Aurora Mysteria.

Everything else in your signup looks good though. Your Skills seem reasonable, especially since Amos isn't PSI capable. And you're at least a notch above many newbies in that you have good grammar. Kudos for that.

But still, please fix the big three fields. Majorly. Otherwise you have no chance of being accepted.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO EVERYONE

The Discussion Thread is now up! From now on, please use that thread to discuss any questions, comments, etc. regarding the RPG! This thread shall only be used for posting signups and talking about acceptance, denial (not the river in Scaraba), etc.

Well gee, with all these signups, I'm gonna have to start the RPG soon! However, I'll be very busy with schoolwork at least until Tuesday. I'll probably start the RPG the weekend after that, just a heads-up. Regardless, LSU's will still be accepted for a little while afterward.

Last edited:

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Epic-Inferno: Glad to see you're interested! I guess Earthbound is more popular than I thought it was...

Raiden193: Yup, you got it! Although Duster was already in the DCMC in Mother 3. Kumatora (or Violet, I should say) is just a last-minute addition after Magic went missing. Yeah, you can probably guess I'll be introducing quite a few Mother 3 characters in this RPG...

@Magikarpenter: Pending--I almost want to flat-out say Denied. You're still rather new to RPing, aren't you? That or you haven't quite grasped the high RPG standards of these forums. It's really hard for me to deny you, because I really like the concept of your character. We certainly could use an old man like Alec and Wess in this RPG! However, your signup needs quite a bit of improvement, particularly in the "Big Three" fields (Appearance, Personality, and History).

- First, the Appearance. It's decent, but it could use a bit more detail. There's a million different cowboy hats out there--how big is the brim? What colour is it, and what sort of material is it made out of? Same thing with the poncho--that could mean a bizillion different things. And just how "dark" is his skin? I need a specific shade here.

- Your Personality is WAY too short. Two sentences ain't gonna cut it, bro. Expand a bit on how he acts around others, how he deals with dangerous situations, his hobbies and interests, things like that. I expect at least two paragraphs here.

- History is sort of okay, but I'd like to see a bit more detail. The purpose of this section is to give us a sense of why your character acts the way he does. What inspired Amos' love of adventure. Did his family have any influence on that? What challenges did he face in his career, especially during the transition from archaeologist to college professor? What did he teach as a professor, and where? And for how long? And expand a bit on why he reacted how he did to the Aurora Mysteria.

Everything else in your signup looks good though. Your Skills seem reasonable, especially since Amos isn't PSI capable. And you're at least a notch above many newbies in that you have good grammar. Kudos for that.

But still, please fix the big three fields. Majorly. Otherwise you have no chance of being accepted. I strongly recommend you look at the Making a Signup thread for tips.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO EVERYONE

The Discussion Thread is now up! From now on, please use that thread to discuss any questions, comments, etc. regarding the RPG! This thread shall only be used for posting signups and talking about acceptance, denial (not the river in Scaraba), etc.

Well gee, with all these signups, I'm gonna have to start the RPG soon! However, I'll be very busy with schoolwork at least until Tuesday. I'll probably start the RPG the weekend after that, just a heads-up.

Um, I can easily go to the discussion thread section, but the link is wrong. Ugh, I should stop whining and get my SignUp done. -.-

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Whoops, so it is. I fixed the link. Also, to address your other question, didn't you read the last paragraph of the story? We're starting out in Saturn Valley, not Eagleland. Our favourite animals are taking us there from our hometowns.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
It is. The going to Saturn Valley thing won't happen until our first posts in the RPG once it starts, so don't mention it in your History. I'm just giving you a heads up on what will happen.

EDIT: Oh, here's another thing I want to mention, more important info for everyone. Once the RPG starts, all of you will be required to post your inventories at the bottom of every post. This includes every important item your character is carrying. Basic stuff like money (unless it's a very large amount), a wallet, and random junk in your character's pockets doesn't have to be mentioned, but any items you pick up or start with do.

Additionally, during some of my posts, I will post certain lists. One is a list of enemies that appear in an area; you may post encounters with the enemies listed at any time. I'll provide more details on that once the RPG starts.

The other list I'll post sometimes is an item list. These work kind of like shops, except no money is required. Basically I'll post a list of items, and you have the option of taking a specified number of items from that list and adding them to your inventory. Here is a sample list below; the numbers in parentheses indicate the quantity of the item that's available (the characters take them on a first-come-first-served basis). No numbers indicates there's an infinite amount of the item. In some cases the items have little descriptions--you don't have to copy these of course.

You may take one item from the following list:

- Thing 1 (x1)
- Thing 2 (x1)
- Cat in a Hat (A cute little kitten inside a large hat with red and white stripes) (x1)
- Fuzzy pickle
- Razor and lipstick (x7)
- Seal of Approval (x4)

NOTE: The above is not an actual item list. Please don't take anything from it, or you'll be followed around by an annoying woman asking for donations for the next three days. Especially the very last item, which will also get you an infraction on the forums.

Last edited:

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
As in, I assumed it would take a couple of posts to get to Saturn Valley. Apologies for the confusion.

Strange, I have an inventory planned out. I probably don't need to put her clothes in, but I was sticking with the traditional Earthbound 14-item limit. Wait, razor and lipstick? Kiruria's Memento XD

Last edited:

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Congrats to me, I finished! The only problem I have is her instrument and how to get her to Saturn Valley... giant crow? Floo powder? Why do I feel like there's something else wrong with this?

Apologies for the double post.

EDIT: I got an idea for a character connection, so I added a subtle hint. The other person's approved it, don't worry.

Name: Santana Hillridge-Munchkin

Appearance: A sentence to sum up Santana's appearance would be "I could've sworn I threw that old Barbie away..."

She's is an average height for her age, around 4 feet. Her unruly, dirty-blonde hair is long enough to touch the floor. She lets it hang loose, and pushes her bangs to the side in order to expose her forehead. Her skin is a light tone of peach and her eyes are a peculiar fandango. Her round face is topped with a petite nose, thin eyebrows and a rather menacing mischievous, pearly white smile for a tween. Her figure is rather slim for her age, leading people to think that she was underfed.

The word "trend" doesn't mean anything to Santana; not that she knows what it means. She's almost always seen in a sleeveless collared shirt, always some shade of pink. The black hairband which sits on top of her head doesn't really push her bangs, and is more an aesthetic accessory. Her legs sport jean shorts with the ends folded up slightly; these can almost classify as booty shorts, but people ignore this since she's just a kid. Around her waist is an old beige belt with a simple metal buckle. adorning her forehead is usually a temporary tattoo advertising some music group of the past or a pop culture reference. (RUNAWAY 5 ANY1?)

Personality: If you introduced yourself to her, she would phase you as a demure, innocent girl who played outside a bit too much. In fact, it might prove to be rather dangerous for you if you try to approach her seriously. With an iron fist and the burning passion of a "natural leader" (or so she claims), she won't hesitate to drag along other people for her own amusement. It's quite obvious that's she's an eccentric in everything she does. A little adventure-girl herself, she doesn't mind getting dirty if she'll get to her destination; and she gives not a single damn about if her slaves companions get dirty along the way. Following her own tune is what she does best.

This is justifiable, however. Santana has only known two people in her life, those people being her aunt and her friend. Spending her time rummaging through "forgotten things" (known to middle-class people as trash piles), she was rejected by peers and "happily" spent her afternoons by herself. Her tendency to enslave people in her personal army stems from the fact that she really doesn't know how to interact with others, especially boys (one of her moms described them as foul beasts, especially Montoyas). There are still a lot of things she doesn't know about the world ("What's a dad?" "Is this what you call a 'TV'?"), but unfortunately knows stuff a girl her age shouldn't dare know. Though it may seem unlike her, she believes strongly in the morning sun small philosophies that she picked up from her aunt, such as always brushing you teeth before bed or how a little song can go a long way.

Though she may not look like it, she loves to sing. Though her voice is rather squeaky and childish when she sings. it's peculiar enough to make people double over in laughter. She's not sure who she inherited this from, nor does she care. She strongly believes that a song can make someone's day, even if they end up ridiculing your voice. she often sings to herself whenever she's in a real cheery mood. Even though she puts up a brave-girl exterior, she can't help but slack off every once in a while. It's this sort of behavior that makes her less leader-material, but being quick on her feet she usually gets the position first (or resorts to dethroning the current leader).

History: Santana was raised by her two moms (which are actually just her aunt and her friend), Phyllis Hillridge and Edna Munchkin. Phyllis was apparently some form of businesswoman who had lost her job for some circumstances Santana didn't par attention to. Nonetheless, she still has a fortune she intends to keep. Edna (who usually goes by Viper) is an overweight biker (and a former robomechanic, who also lost her job) with no general goal in life other to travel. She also has an obsession with food, especially Fat Cakes. Together, the three lived on the outskirts of Robot City, where most of the city's garbage went. Santana spent most of her days rummaging through the nearby landfill, which she dubbed "The Land of the Forgotten". Santana, being aware that Phyllis and Edna were not her real parents, felt a need to fill her isolation. Thus, she tried entering the city in search of friends. Unfortunately, the locals refused to accept this filthy trash-digger, and she vowed never to go there again (unless she was shopping for something). Back to the Land of the Forgotten she went.

Santana hated it, but she had to frequently travel to Robot City to shop for fatty packaged food. She was completely fine with the shopping, and she absolutely loved the spicy fish sticks that the store sold. This was when her personality really started to develop. Phyllis didn't really want Santana interacting with other people out of fear that she would be further isolated. As a result, Phyllis teached her about little philosophies that she picked up along the way, such as "There's always time for a good song." Having nothing to do, Santana used her powerful voice and imagination to create the Land of the forgotten into a safe haven for herself. She started to take boxes and car doors to her "backyard" and build her castle there. It was a kingdom she created from scratch, even going as far as to create little tin-can inhabitants and voice over for them. She gave herself the role of the bossy queen, possibly reflecting her semi-hatred of people. That time was when she first discovered a giant robot toy. Deciding to take it home, she had Viper look at it, and with enough hard work and Fat Cakes, she fixed him up like new and even made his head into a microphone. The weird outdated toy which called itself MegaMic became one of Santana's valuable, and they went on many cliche, song-filled childhood adventures.

Then the Aurora Mysteria entered her life, but didn't make it much different. She would just sit in her garbage castle with her new robot friend, wondering why the strage rainbow was blocking all of the barely visible stars. There wasn't anything with a screen at her home, so she and her family were oblivious to the events and just continued gazing at the Aurora. Until one day, a special little cat showed up at her door and invited her on a grand adventure...

Questionnaire:
- Favourite food: Spicy Fish Sticks
- Favourite thing: Song
- Favourite animal: Cats. She read about them in a dirty old book once.
- Which musical instrument best represents your character? Music Box
- Is your character PSI-capable? No

PSI: None.

Skills: Using her "miracle voice" (amplified by MegaMic), she can imitate enemy calls and summons nearby enemies to aid her in battle. Depending on the enemy, the commands she can give will vary. Enemies fall into the offensive, defensive, or support categories (if a really high level, a combination of two of them) Unfortunately, MegaMic runs on batteries (Electric Points, or EP), so this ability stops becoming effective if MegaMic runs out of EP. Luckily, since MegaMic was made to take a hit, she can use him as a baseball bat. Though her body-type says no, her strength says yes and she's able to wield him with ALMOST no problems. She's used to carrying heavy stuff from the landfill to her house.

Inventory: MegaMic (E)
Dirty Tank Top (E) (Looks like a hand-me-down, and probably is. God knows where it came from.)
Jean Shorts (E) (Are you sure these aren't booty shorts? Nonetheless, they put extra spunk in your step.)
Chunky Battery x3 (When used, restores EP to MegaMic. Otherwise, it's a giant brick which takes up space in your bag.)
Egg Sandwich (A cute looking sandwich which restores 30% of your health when consumed. Made by Santana herself, it's not very neat.)
Temporary Tattoo x3 (Rather wide tattoos advertising outdated legends. May or may not be easy to wash off.)

Last edited:

Sluggy

I had a lot of fun with this! I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it!

Name: Yako Eagleman

Appearance:

He's got very silly blonde hair, gelled upwards in a giant triangular-esque spire! (Think the main character of "Ghost Trick"!) What even is this? Why is this a thing? His eyes are blue, covered by red triangle shades, and his face has sharp features. He's wirey and athletic, and wears a red, plaid t-shirt, white wifebeater, red fingerless gloves, a pair of blue jeans, and red shoes. He's pretty tall, I guess? About six feet and an inch, not including his hair (which adds on about six inches). He goes to sleep like this, you know! No pajamas for Yako! His skin is fair, and maybe even a little pale. What's the deal with that? Doesn't he get out much? Oh, he gets out plenty. Turns out he just doesn't tan well. Who would've thought? To each their own.

Personality: He's Yako! What do you want to know? What could you possibly need to know about this guy? Oh, something useful? Here, let's start with his inteligence! To say that he's as smart as a gorilla would be insulting to the species. What he lacks in inteligence, he more than makes up for in sheer willpower and generally go-getting attitude! If he isn't fighting, he isn't happy! He's a MAN! A FIGHTIN' MAN! The words "Caution" don't even register to him! He's a straight-edge, so he doesn't smoke or drink, but he doesn't really advocate it too much. Only when he feels it nessesary to. He's not a guy that gives into peer pressure, unless he actually wants to do something that he's being pressured to do.

Yako likes to fight. On the list of things to do, it's tops! So, when a fight is going on, he gets really exited, and rushes straight into the forray, often times head-first, blindly, and without looking. In fact, Yako has gone and looked for fights with people and things, because he enjoys to fight so much! He doesn't do it out of mallace, no. He's just got a fighting spirit, and a warrior's heart is all. He got the one in an auction, and the other is in a jar on his desk at home. Clearly, he didn't get what he bargined for, but that's just another example of how absolutely impetuous he is! He wants to be known as a great warrior, and maybe, to become a hero, or a legend!

History:

He comes from WINTERS! His father actually immigrated from Winters to Eagleland, as it turns out. His father was a lumberer, and he himself doesn't really know what he wants to do. He's still trying to figure out what he's going to do. With STYLE! Unfortunately, Style only goes so far, and right now, he's stuck where he is. In Eagleland, with his lumberer father, learning the trade. He doesn't seem to have a whole lot of trouble with it, really. He's already perfected the art of arborial wrasslin', which is part of his family's secret trade to cut down on waste. One could imagine that he would be quite strong from wrangin' trees all day, and one would be very right! One night, when he was out wrasslin' the last few trees of the day, he saw the sky light up in all'a those colors! It facinated him! If by "facinate", we mean "made him run out to his father's house, knock rather rambunctiously on his door, point to the sky, and then babble on about it, very loudly, for about ten minutes."

Questionnaire:
- Favourite food: YOP! (A yogurt drink)
- Favourite thing: FIGHTING!
- Favourite animal : THE SHARK!
- Which musical instrument best represents your character? THE DRUMS! BAM! BOOM! CRASH!
- Is your character PSI-capable? NOT EVEN A LITTLE!

Skills:

He's a man! If he can, he'll grab things nearby and throw them at the enemy! Why? Because he can! Oh, he can also wrestle things! How's he do that? Why, he flings himself at the person, or object of question, and starts binding their arms or legs! Or maybe he just wails on 'em? Who knows? Maybe he'll miss entirely! Otherwise, he just uses his fists! POW! CRASH! BANG! Punch things in their dumb face! Unless he's using something ABSURDLY LARGE as a weapon, like a tree! Is he using a tree as a weapon? The whole tree?! Woah, that's messed up! He's a manly man! The manliest man to ever be a man! Oh, yeah. He can also grow a beard on command, though I don't think that'll ever be very useful.

Equipped:
Manly shirt(s?)! (But really, what manly man needs a shirt(s)?!) (E)
Manly jeans! (Very manly! They're a real good fit, too!) (E)
Triangle Shades! (Woah, cool guy! Don't cut your face!) (E)
Red Shoooze! (These shoes are practically OOZING with style!) (E)
Funky Sandwitch! (1x) (It's so out of touch, it still thinks glittery suits are in style!)

Last edited:

AWESOMEPUFFS

Cool Kid
Name: Calvin Hollinberry

Appearance: First thing about Calvin you’ll pick up, is that he’s a pretty normal looking kid. Then you’ll probably notice those huge, black headphones on his head.Stands at 6 feet with a bit of a slouch. Guy has ariendly, though sharp face, dark blue eyes, slightly reddish nose complimenting pale skin, freckles, messy black hair hidden under a blue snow hat. His ears are a bit red too, but those are hidden under the blue snowflaps of his hat. He’s really thin and wiry under his poofy parka jacket, but no one’ll ever know that, cuz yknow, he wears heavy clothing. Dark green parka, yellow and black striped shirt, worn down black gloves, black snow pants, n’ black boots done up with red laces. He sometimes has a backpack with him, yellow this time, but that all depends on if he’s on his way to or from school or not. Has taken to carrying around his Dads old cricket bat around with him, though he’s absolutely terrible at cricket.

Personality: Calvin’s a man of several words, most of which are kept to himself. Unless you’re a buddy of his, in which case, those well hidden words come out a bit. He has a healthy love for music and nature, though the former seems to be on his mind the most. Fella loves his surf rock, even though he’s never actually been surfing, or on a beach you could surf at in the first place. Really has an appreciation for DCMC, ‘specially how they managed to stay independent in the rough and tough musical world. First favorite genre for him has to be bebop. Where he got his love for the drums all them years ago. Calvin’s always wanted to be a jazz man, and bebop’s just the style to fit his musical need to hit things with tiny sticks. Oh, he may not look it, but his other favorite genre is classical music. Cant describe why he loves it so much in conventional terms. Most you’ll get is that it “Calls to him”. Calls to him enough that he’s attempted to learn several different string instruments over the past few years. Eh. At least he has piano and drums, right? If it isnt clear already, music is a biiiig part of this kids life. Previous sentence probably wasnt necessary at all though. Second favorite thing is nature. Maybe it was from being raised in Winters all his life, but he’s always had a fine appreciation for the world around him. When he isnt practicing his music, he’s off taking a walk somewhere. Probably toward a snowy beach somewhere, or through a rainy forest. If he finds anything interesting on his walks, he generally pockets it, or drops it off in his backpack. For Calvin, nothing gets better than combining his two loves. When he’s out and about, he always has his headphones about his ears, and his cricket bat as a teeny walking stick/item to carry around. He really hates getting attacked by stuff when he goes into the woods though, ESPECIALLY when he doesnt have any good chase music prepared. Nothing ruins a desperate run from disgruntled animals like super calm classical. Or maybe it makes things just a bit more terrifying. Really depends on the song.

He’s more likely to run from wild animal encounters in the woods, outside of the purely logical reasoning of “Oh God, this animal hates me with all of its everything”. Cal doesnt really like hitting animals, dangerous or not. Just doesnt feel right. If panic mode activated, he may do something about it, but for the most part, he just bails out, or tries to keep out of the angry animals way. It’s a pretty good way to describe the way he deals with people in general, actually. Keep out of the path the angry folk pave and enjoy yourself when you can. He has a few close friends, despite his quiet nature, n’ those are the buddies that make all the difference. He REALLY wants to start a band, but his quiet, somewhat shy nature makes it hard for him to talk to people. He has a few guitarists he jams with every now and then, but nothing other than that. Has a non-addictive personality, finding himself quite content with himself and his life. He sometimes wishes his father were home more often, and especially wishes his mother were still alive, but he doesnt let himself go there too much. Figures it’s not too healthy to settle on what ifs and what arent, so he distracts himself from it. Probably why music is such a gigantic part of his life. Good way to keep from getting swallowed up by loneliness.

What more can I say about the fella? He’s quiet, introverted, peaceful, a bit lonely, and he loves himself some music. All around chill dude.

History: Okay so, as I mentioned before, Calvin was born and raised in the chilly land of Winters. Been there all his life, minus some family business trips to Eagleland. At a super young age, he lost his mother to some kinda disease. He was never told the specifics, and he doesnt bring it up to his father or brother, so that’s an unknown right there. He pretty much lived on his own from there on out, his father busy overseas hard at work and his brother working hard at Reynard University. Though his brother’s around from time to time, and his father does his best to come home to visit, Calvin’s come to accept their absence in his life. Gives him more time to play the drums as loud as he wants, and he cant find any complaints in that!

He’s got his childhood friend Ruben, whom he calls up on the phone every so often just to talk ‘bout stuff. Ruben’s one of those smarty types, and thankfully not the stuck up kind, so there’s always a nice conversation to get out of the guy. It helps that Ruben’s about as socially inept as Calvin is, so they’re pretty understanding of each other right there. One of his other friends is the first guitar player he had, guy also served as a singer for a time. He hasnt been ‘round to play all that much due to some personal issues in his own life, but Calvin’s cool with that. He’ll come back whenever he’s ready, n’ they can start jamming again. For now he’s jamming with a bass player turned guitarist, whom Cal’s actually getting close to, despite her rather aloof nature. It’s come to the point where if you ask one about the other, they’ll give a similar response of “Hm. Pretty chill kid”. That’s pretty good for an introvert, right? Last of his friends is this girl he has the hots for. Her name’s Allison, and she’s pretty damn cool. That’s all he’s gonna say about her though. Juuuust her name. He’s too damn shy to talk about that kinda stuff, yo.

He’s just a teenager, like most of us, just doing his thing and making his way in the world. He actually encountered his perchance for PK Ground while jamming with that girl from above. He really rocked the house that time ‘round, and I assure you it was quite terrifying.

The Aurora Mysteria rainbow thing just ended up bothering him. Really didnt look too good against a nice, sky backdrop. Spoiled the mood of the place something awful! Of course what spoiled it more was when a bear decided to chase poor Calvin all the way through the woods. Just barely made it home safe. Understandably, he stayed away from the woods a bit, even resorting to staying inside for a few days because of how badly he was shaking up by that bear. Just as he was about to go for another walk, the Starman appeared on the telly. Though it worried him a bit, there’s pretty much nothing he can do, so he just hoped for the best and moved on. That’ll change though...

Questionnaire

Favourite food: Pepperoni Pizza

Favourite thing: Bebop

- Favourite animal: Turtle

- Which musical instrument best represents your character? Cello, but he really enjoys playing the drums.

- Is your character PSI-capable? Yes he is!

PSI:

PK Ground: Cal whips out his drums sticks and starts pounding away on the ground, or any surface conveniently located near the ground. He can keep this up as long as he keeps a steady drumbeat (And the ground shaking and rumbling dont knock him over) Right now, it’s good as a distraction, not much else. Kinda intimidating, I guess?

Items On Hand:

Beat up old cricket bat/walking stick/thing (It’s his Dads!)
Yellow backpack (1x) (For storing things!)
Hugely big headphones! (1x) (Music Time!)
Blue snow hat (Floppy ear covers included)
Cellphone (1x) (Old and dropped more times than held!)
Drum stick (2 1/2x) (He can play music!)

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Raiden193 said:
Wait, razor and lipstick? Kiruria's Memento XD

Yes, when I disappear, you may take them, darling. <3 Ooooh, marvelous! We have three more lovely signups! <3 Who could they beeeeee?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raiden193: Oooooh, what a marvelous little cutie Santana is! <3 May I play with her hair? Ohh, she might need a little tidying up. And what a fascinating personality and background! A twelve-year-old with a robot pet--how adorable. And the way she sings--I bet Candy would really like her. Accepted! On the instrument thing, I think a music box would be more appropriate, since A) they're quirky little gadgets, like MegaMic, and B) you can sometimes find old music boxes in a junkyard. And it's cute and innocent-sounding, just like Santana is.

Sluggy: Oh look! Look! Look at him write! It's astounding! <3 So he uses Brute Force as his skills, kinda like Flint. Interesting! I'm down to have a fighter dude in the party. It'd be interesting to see him in battle. Accepted!

coolminun: Ah, so you went for PK Orca Aura? Interesting way of using it. Everything looks good now. Accepted!

AWESOMEPUFFS: Hahaha, his appearance kinda reminds me of an older version of Ness, on vacation in Winters (to see Jeff?). But he has kind of an interesting personality. Winters and DCMC seem to be very popular in this RPG... Anyway, accepted.

Well then, I'm gonna have to start the RPG pretty soon, eh? I'll get to work on the first post shortly, and hopefully I'll have it up later tonight or tomorrow.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Yes, when I disappear, you may take them, darling. <3 Ooooh, marvelous!

Raiden193: Oooooh, what a marvelous little cutie Santana is! <3 May I play with her hair? Ohh, she might need a little tidying up. And what a fascinating personality and background! A twelve-year-old with a robot pet--how adorable. And the way she sings--I bet Candy would really like her. Accepted! On the instrument thing, I think a music box would be more appropriate, since A) they're quirky little gadgets, like MegaMic, and B) you can sometimes find old music boxes in a junkyard. And it's cute and innocent-sounding, just like Santana is.

Oh, yay! Glad to encounter you for the (third?) time now? The first and second being when Crimson Skies fell down. Oh, how fun it'll be writing about discovering the outside world. XD

Emphasis on "sounding".

Oh, wherever could the Sacred Needle be? Not that I'm looking for it.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Attention Everyone: The RPG has now started! Click on this link and start posting!

The signups aren't closed yet! I'll be accepting LSU's for a little while. If you have not signed up in the RPG yet and want to participate, please reserve a spot now. I'll be closing the signups just after I do my second post.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Magikarpenter: Huh, an old black guy with the spirit of adventure and a love of quoting movies. Interesting. Anyway, your signup looks much better now! Accepted. One thing though: you need not put clothes your character is wearing in your Inventory. This is not Mother 3--clothes are just clothes, not special equip items. You can just fix that in your RPG post though. The RPG has started, so you can start on that post now!

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Name: Bowie SNES

Appearance: Bowies skin tone is a well done tanish color. Not super dark but not overly pale either. For being around 6 feet tall Bowie could be considered a lightweight but he is also surprisingly sturdy, thanks in part to his hobbies. His hair is short and rather rough. For reasons explained in Bowies history, he wears a headband with a single red feather tilted at an angle next to his right ear. Eye color is coal which is the same as Bowies hair. He wears a solid black undershirt and a red pocketed vest with ripped sleeves. Continuing downwards, Bowie has cool grey and black cargo pants and red/black hiking boots. A firm believer of function over fashion, he is equipped with a black backpack and a pair of awesome black armbands.

Personality: Bowie can be truthful to a fault and is an eternal optimist. He is trusting of others and often gives people the benefit of the doubt when first met. The flip side to that is that Bowie greatly dislikes any kinds of betrayel or deception. If he feels that someone or himself has been wronged, Bowie is more than willing to go to extreme lengths to see that justice is served. Altough if you asked Bowie about it, he would comment that he is merely following the example of modern day superhero's and is not really driven by revenge or vengance.

Some of Bowies interests include video games, collectible card games and hiking through the woods. Main characters and hero's in games usually win in the end, so logically they should make for the perfect role models! Playing cards can be an excellent way to sharpen the mind and in Bowies case, a good way to strengthen the body as well. (more on this later) Being in the great outdoors comes as second nature to him because Bowie is a huge fan of exploration and there is never a shortage of wild animals to interact with.

History: Bowie is a long time native of Eaglelands Nine nine town. A relatively quiet place with some woodlands, suburbs and a centralized commercial district. As a kid, Bowie was not very strong but he did like to play card games. However many times after games ended, players would get into brawls due to accusations of cheating or people just plain ol being sore losers. These fights broke out often, as the residents of Nine nine town take their collectible card games very seriously. After years of participating in card related skirmishes, Bowie naturalley got tougher and more resillient.

With the town having plenty of forest around, it is easy for the people to take nature walks whenever they please. Occasionally while hiking around, Bowie would speak to the animals to see how they will react, knowing full well that they cannot possibly understand a word that he is saying. At about the same time as the start of the Aurora, Bowie was outside eating a cookie when a bird swooped down and stole it! Bowie yelled some curse words at the creature and much to his amazement, the bird returned the treat and apologized!

After sharing the cookie, Bowie decided to put his newfound ability to the test and try to communicate with the red chickens that one of his neighbors kept fenced up nearby. To look more convincing, he attached a red feather to his head. When Bowie attempted to talk with the normally hostile chickens, they understand him and do not try to peck him to death! The news was not all good though because while Bowie had gained a strange new power, he soon learned that 2 twin children that he sometimes babysat had gone missing without a trace...

Questionnaire answers:
- Favourite food: Pasta
- Favourite thing: Games
- Favourite animal: Cat
- Representative musical instrument: Trumpet
- PSI-capable? Yes

PSI: None right now

Skills: Speak animal language!
If Bowie is feeling brave enough, he can strike up a conversation with almost anything. The outcome of these chats fall into three catogories: Unfavorable (might just make the creature angry and more dangerous), Neutral (no major changes to behavior) and Favorable (possibly getting the foe to cease fighting or even winning its assistance for a short time)
Bowies skill is usually more successful on organic life forms and not very effective on other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.