• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Soaring Pikachu: SNES is an odd last name for a character, but if Earthbound Zero can have a boy named Ninten as its main character, then I guess anything's possible. I also have to wonder what happened to towns 5, 6, 7, and 8. And hmm, was that bird Bowie first encountered a Spiteful Crow? Well, enough ranting. You are accepted.

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
Name: Aqua Way

Appearance: Aqua is a young girl that was never that normal. She was born with unnaturally long, floor length hair that was a dark brown and sometimes black depending on the lighting. Her eyes are the same black-brown that her hair is. Her skin is pale and makes her look fragile even though she can easily beat up a boy. Shoes were almost always out of the question when she was younger and she always wore a dress or skirt. She has a lot of dresses in her closet, a few jeans and large sweaters for the extra cold days. Rarely would she be seen in her Reynard University uniform which is a teal skirt, matching coat, white button up underneath, a black bowtie, and a pair of black shoes which she wore over long white socks. It was her least favourite outfit in her wardrobe but was required for her too continue her studies. Once school hours were over, she would walk around the female dorms wearing a white dress that has a lacy trim and black, Greek style sandals. A dress that she usually wears when she goes out on warm days is a green or yellow sundress, with a white bow in the front and white sandals. Her casual wear consists of a white short sleeved shirt with a pink bow, a navy-blue skirt, navy suspenders, white socks with red ribbons attached to them, and red or brown shoes. Her pajamas are a pair of pink pants and a pink long sleeve button up shirt. Since the weather in Winters is mostly freezing cold, Aqua also has a collection of jackets that have ridiculous numbers of pockets and zippers ranging in many different colours, her favorite being the black, white, and purple one. When she lacks pocket space, Aqua carries a black and purple duffle bag that is actually quite spacious inside. Why this bag? She claims that it was the only thing she could find in her father’s closet that he didn’t use.

Personality: Aqua generally is a cute person over all who tries to be cute whenever she can be. Despite the cute act, she enjoys smart mouthing people and slightly comes off as rude and annoying sometimes. She enjoys adding “mew” after some sentences or saying “clap” after each of her claps. When she is angered with an adult she may use their first name instead of Mister or Miss, or Misses. She very much enjoys pouring hot sauce over most dishes she eats, claiming that it adds flavor to flavorless dishes and enhances the flavorful ones. She enjoys growing Refreshing Herbs and Parsley in her room using pots. She doesn’t like most of the people in her school; she mainly spends time with a Homosexual classmate whose name is Todd Johansson. She spends her time defending him and beating up anyone who makes fun of him. Todd is grateful but due to the fact that she is being protected by a girl just gives the bullies more reason to bother him. Secretly, she plans ways to torture the bullies who bother Todd and herself. She decided that she wouldn’t show Todd her powers or be her true self near him so she doesn’t scare away the lonely boy who only has one other friend, his very understanding roommate who he had a crush on.

History: Aqua grew up in the warm and thriving town of Toto, you could even say that she never left Foggyland. Her parents were a man and woman who look a lot like their daughter, minus the long hair. She was also an only child so she didn’t socialize much with children. Not going to school that much also didn’t help her socialize. Her parents decided that she was smart enough. She could read, write, and solve simple math problems at a young age. After reaching the age of 10, Aqua was forced into school by her aunt who had moved in with her family. She didn’t love her aunt, but respected the woman for her brain. She would use large words and solve complex problems. Aqua didn’t mind school; she quickly became a top student by staying after school for tutoring. Even after starting school, she wasn’t that social. She would walk around the school with her expressionless face that she still uses today. She was a usual target for bullies but Aqua could easily take a hit then return three with the same amount of power, her size didn’t stop her from defending herself. Slowly, the numbers of people who bullied the girl dropped till it hit zero.

Once she was finished with elementary school, Aqua was transferred to Winters. Her aunt lived in Winter Town and acted as her guardian while she attended Reynard University. This was when Aqua’s true personality began to form. She realized that she wanted to be cute and not some emotionless robot. Along the way she did make a friend, Todd a shy and weak homosexual male. They aren't best friends or anything but she protects the defenseless guy. Her grades were always top of the class which caused the more challenged students to dislike her. She couldn’t understand why but she accepted it. When she was 13, the Aurora Mysteria started shining in the night sky while Aqua was sitting by Lake Tess watching Peppercorn, the school's pet cat, chase some butterflies. She found him adorable. Somehow, Peppercorn got poisoned. Maybe it was a bee sting? They’ve went getting crazy during this time plus some more animals. As she picked up the cat she whispered everything would be fine. Once these words were muttered, water warped around her hands and started glowing. Peppercorn felt much better and started jumping around once more. Once she returned to school with Peppercorn, she put her jacket on and sneaked out of the school and into town. The town was quite new, parents moved there to make things easier for their children. Aqua’s parents weren’t rich enough to move here but her aunt was good enough. She informed her aunt of the newly found powers and even showed her aunt her gift. Her aunt even let a bee sting her and had Aqua prove the powers to be true. After being healed, Aqua’s aunt told her about a great many heroes who also had strange psychic powers. Some had somewhat tragic lives, and some had normal ones. Aqua prayed during her walk back to the school that her life wouldn’t have many hardships.

Questionnaire: Besides completing the above fields, you must also answer the following questions for your character. Believe me; these answers will be important in certain parts of the RPG.
- Favourite food: “I love croissants. I also find it funny when it’s spelt wrong on menus! If you'd ask me about my favorite dessert though, I'd have to say Strawberry Tofu. It's so sweet and pink and creamy~”
- Favourite thing: “I love my garden. My roommate kind of dislikes it but she likes collecting insects so I don’t think she’s allowed to comment on my garden.”
- Favourite animal: “Cats. I really like them. They’re all over Toto but you don’t find them in Winters that often, unless if you're at my aunts house. There is a cat that lives in the school and I just love petting his soft, black fur. For some reason, this cat also enjoys swimming in the lake, even during the harsh winter.”
- Which musical instrument best represents your character? “Music isn’t much of my forte, but I enjoy the piano. It looks really difficult and I bet it is. I don’t think I’ll ever move my hands that fast across a keyboard. I wonder if pianists are good at typing…”
- Is your character PSI-capable? “PSI powers...? I...I think I have one of those.”

PSI: Aqua is able to use PSI Healing.
Skills: Aqua has a wonderful singing voice. She isn't that great at writing lyrics but she'll sing a song for anyone if they ask kindly.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@chihaya01: All right, a LSU! Well, as you may know, the RPG has progressed quite a bit already, but I'm more than glad to accept new people still, especially when existing members become inactive. I strongly suggest you either skim over the RPG or read the Plot Summary in the Discussion Thread (the link to that is in my signature) that I have so conveniently prepared for situations like this. Anyway, Naneth is accepted, but there is one small fix you must make: the Snow Wood Boarding School has been replaced by Reynard University. I suggest you look at the country description for Winters. Because this RPG takes place after the events of Mother 3, the world has been resurrected with the same sort of geography, but somewhat different places. That explains why the Eagleland towns of Onett and such are gone as well, though Fourside survived for a special reason...

So when you do your first post in the RPG, just start from elsewhere in Quetzal and head into the garden. I don't really care how you got to Quetzal at this point as long as it's reasonable--maybe Peppercorn even teleported you or something. And finally, remember to list your inventory at the bottom of every post, just like everyone else in the RPG is doing.

But yeah, LSU's will still be accepted!

Last edited:

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I was thinking of changing her name to something not so...elvish. I must have skipped the part about the school by mistake. my bad!

As for first post, I'll just make it full of flashbacks till I get to the part in Quetzal where Naneth or whatever I rename her as will join the party.

EDIT: It's official. Naneth is now Aqua Way.

Last edited:

*Kyurem*

Ahem... References anyone? IDK if anyone will figure it out, though...
---------------

Name: Dell Conagher

Appearance: Dell wears a button up shirt almost all the time and tucks it into his pants. He grew up in Summers, so he normally rolls his sleeves up. He loved to build things ever since he was a child and was so use to using power tools to build, he wears safety goggles everywhere. His hair is dirty blonde and thin. Dell’s hair is usually messed up because he prefers not to brush it.

His face is about the same as anyone else, but he has a five o’clock shadow. His skin is a bit pail for a man who lived in Summers all his life and he is normal in the weight category, weighing 191 pounds. His usual pants are jeans and slacks and on an occasion, overalls.

Personality: Dell’s father was more interested in guns more than his engineering job and almost more than Dell’s mother whom passed away just after Dell was born. Dell learned from his father how to use a pistol and a shot gun, the only two guns besides Dell’s creation, the sentry gun. He feels powerful to have a gun around and feels powerless without them, his sentry gun specifically.

Throughout his life, he was talked to as unintelligent mainly because most do not assume people with a southern accent like him are smart. This has him feel the need to show off his intelligence to others. Whenever he finds someone with something in common with him, he tries to befriend them. Not many people in Summers appreciated his talents, but when he moved to Robot City, many did.

His father mysteriously disappeared soon after he graduated high school, leaving his grandfather to raise him in Robot City instead. Then, Dell’s grandfather died not long after he turned 19, leaving him alone and since he skipped grades in school so fast, without any friends. He fears that everyone he loves, if he ever becomes friends with anyone or marries, will die off.

History: Dell was a straight-A student in his class and received a high school degree at the age of 13, allowing him to move onto college at such an early age. He loved to do things with his father and grandfather who were engineers as he is now. With his father, he would learn how to fend off against criminals and other such things using shotguns and pistols. With his grandfather, he would learn how to build things to use and trained him in the ways of Area Denial, not letting anyone pass a certain area.

His father mysteriously disappeared when Dell was 13, leaving him with his father’s shotgun and pistol. This left his grandfather to raise him. His grandfather lived in Robot City, so this meant he had to move there.

After earning his 2nd Science PhD, his grandfather passed away and on his deathbed, gave him an odd wrench that used to belong to Dell’s father and muttered to him, “Penguin… when the time… you’ll know.” Dell never understood why he said that, but became fascinated with penguins to find out why he said it. In his grandfather’s will, he received his house in Robot City and his modest amount of riches from his work in a past war.

From then on, Dell wanted to create the sentry gun, which was his grandfather’s engineering dream. He did create it, but did not use it for violence. Instead, he used it for showing off at engineering conventions in the city. One day, he saw a glorious light in the sky and after sunset would see a flash of light off toward Quetzal and would hear a buzzing inside his house, but he didn’t know where it was coming from. He assumed it must just be the effects of Aurora Mysteria. One morning, he awoke to hear the buzzing was louder and went to investigate…

Questionnaire Answers:

- Steak with gravy and mushrooms sprinkled over the top.

- Building

- Penguin

- Country Guitar

- Yes!

PSI: None yet…

Skills: Dell loves to build and is very good at it! He can assemble a working sentry gun in less than one day with his trusty wrench passed down from his grandfather, who used it in a war long ago and is trying to find a way to do it faster. He has created a device that creates a shield around the sentry and a wireless device to control it, as it is programmed to hit what it senses on sight.

He likes to play his guitar and he is very good at it. He is searching for a device that can categorize things into his sentry’s memory so it may shoot specific things without Dell being by its side all the time.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
chihaya01: Hahaha, funny, I created this fic several years ago that featured a galaxy called the Aqua Way. Interesting name, I might add, and considering she's also named after a music group that's similar in style to Candy and Andy. Oh, and I forgot to mention that you can have Aqua learn a second PSI technique in your next post, since everyone else learned another technique just recently.

*Kyurem*: Hmm, interesting character. I like it. We need an older guy in this RPG anyway, especially after Magikarpenter went AWOL. And you want another reason why he comes across as unintelligent? Because he uses guns. Well, maybe that's not quite a reason, but... Anyway, you are pending for now. Reason being that your non-PSI abilities seem a bit powerful to be used alongside PSI later on. Especially since everyone else just learned a new PSI technique in the RPG, meaning Dell would be learning PSI very shortly.

So you can do one of two things. You can either tone down the sentry gun stuff--perhaps getting rid of the self-destruct feature and making that his only weapon--or you can make him not capable of using PSI at all. Choosing the latter can give you the option of powering up your gun or obtaining others later on as well. But if you choose the former, you can pick a PSI technique for him to learn as soon as he arrives in Quetzal, since everyone else has learned a new PSI technique lately anyway.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Well, hmm, the sentry gun presents an interesting dilemma. Dell's skills sound very similar to what Jeff did in Earthbound--fixing things to make weapons. This skill is complex and powerful enough that he would seem overpowered if he had PSI as well. How can we make this into a skill that Dell can use alongside, hmm...?

Well, here's one idea. How about Dell has the Sentry Gun already (so he doesn't need to put it together), but it is faulty sometimes and Dell might have to make repairs on it as the RPG progresses? At the beginning of the RPG, the wireless control could not work at all, and the shield could work sporadically. If this works for you, then Dell is accepted.

Also, I noticed one small error in the last paragraph of your History. You might as well just delete all that stuff about the buzzing in Quetzal, as you'll be arriving there in your first post anyway. It's currently daytime in Quetzal, and the buzzing (assuming you mean the No Good Flies) started just a few minutes ago. Also, the musical instrument doesn't have to be one the characters play; it's just the one that has a similar "personality" to the character. Country guitar seems to be a good fit for Dell, but it's nice that he knows how to play it too. I know, it was an odd question that makes no sense to anyone who hasn't played Mother 3, but believe me, it is important.

And Dell will learn a PSI technique during the battle with the Fleshy Flower. Same goes for Aqua too, actually.

Last edited:

*Kyurem*

I was going to use PK Aura so Dell can repair his sentry using telekinesis, but someone else took that Psi... Actually, Dell does sound similar to Jeff, but he is based off of someone else. If Dell meets Jeff, I'm sure they will get along nicely. The buzzing was in his house, not in Quetzal. It starts when the light flashes in the jungle. I did this because Dell will encounter something left to him from his grandfather and then head to Quetzal because of it. Alright, that sounds about right about the sentry. I will do that!

coolminun

Banned
Blake Ragerswoth

Description: Blake stands at about 5ft 10. He's a relatively built guy, with well rounded muscled arms, broad shoulders, and toned body with a tan from all the surfing he does as well as hanging out with Kyornik and his other friends at the beach. He's got short black hair that always looks like it was upswept by a sweet surf swell on the left side to the top. he's got a broad but not to broad face, green eyes, a slightly pointed nose, a lightly shaved beard with side burns and a a lightly shaved mustache. He's also got a tattoo of a tribal great white shark on his back. Blake wears mostly tank tops and skater shorts wherever he goes. He usually weres a Black Billabong brand tanktop with a a swirling blue vortex design on the front with the words Rip surge written on the back in blue outlined in white. he wears green camo skate shorts with a picture of Bob Marley and a lion on the left pants leg and wears either his black and green sneakers or black and green flip flops. He also tends to wear a pair of shades to look extra cool. he wears a white digital watch, nothing too fancy on his left hand and a black and green friendship bracelet on his right arm which he got from Kyornik

History:
Blake is originally from Eagleland, Fourside to be more exact. His father is a famous hotshot lawyer that winning every single case the courts threw at him. His mother is also a world renowned home decor stylist, and has clients that range from the regular citizens to the rich and famous. She's a very successful businesswoman and has opened up her shops in many areas. When the city life was just getting to mundane, his parents decided they needed to move to an area where they could relax very lavishly. When he was 10, His family moved from Fourside to Summers where they furthered their success.(In case you don't know by now, Blake is super RICH!!) Growing up in the city, he used to skateboard around the parks and different skate areas as well as play tennis and soccer. He has a little sister as well, whom he fiercely defends. When Blake moved to Summers, it was the first time he'd really seen the ocean. He'd been traveling to different areas with his parents sometimes, but this was the first time he went on a beach and played in the sea. That same day, he saw a surfer pulling off amazing tricks and instantly loved it. He became obsessed with water sports such as wake boarding, wind surfing, water skiing and etc. he also decided to study marine biology and oceanography when he got to college so he could learn more about the ocean.

Personality: Blake is a cool guy. He can be cocky and arrogant at times, but more than not he's pretty laid back. He's liked by many, so he's very popular with the girls as well as the skater and water sports crowds. He enjoys partying to the max. Drinking large amounts of alcahol, dancing, and just living it up is his thing. As far as school goes, he does well. He's no star pupil or teacher's pet and he'd prefer to be out on the swells any day than be in class. When angered, Blake can become a monster. He's very physically strong and has good fighting instincts, so he can do some hefty damage, and sometimes he can be a bit insensitive to others when he's drunk, but doesn't mean any of it....sometimes. Blake is also fiercely protective of his sister and close friends, willing to fight and beat faces should anyone mess with them, but all in all he's a cool guy that likes to chill out and have a good time.

Favourite food: Supreme Pizza with lots of Meat
- Favourite thing: Surfing
- Favourite animal: Great white shark
- Which musical instrument best represents your character? Electric guitar/drums
- Is your character PSI-capable? Yes Pk aura

Skills
-Water sports master- Extremely proficient in many water sports, but is a god at surfing.
-Drink mixing master
-Really good at utilizing computer programs to their fullest extent and even modifies them

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Okay, so Amanda's becoming so central to the plot of this RPG that I might as well create a signup for her:

Name: Amanda Tibbett

Appearance: Amanda is the small and delicate type, and invokes a certain aura of dislike at first glance. She's only about 5'2" tall, with a figure bony enough to make you think that she hardly ever eats anything. Likewise, her curly light-brown hair has thinned out a little bit, making her ears stick out through it. She likes to wear a lot of dark makeup around her hazel eyes, especially with a bit of purple mixed in. This functions to draw at least some attention away from the bags under her eyes. To accompany this, her lips are often covered with dark purple lipstick.

Amanda dresses in a somewhat contemporary yet somewhat gothic style. Foremost among her usual outfit is a black T-shirt depicting the metal band Ravenesque, with their logo: a raven silhouetted against the moon atop a tombstone, with a purple rose in its beak. Below this, she wears another shirt with purple sleeves that reach just past her elbows. A few linear scars are visible on her exposed forearms. Around her neck is a choker made of black lace and featuring a red diamond-shaped charm. She also wears dark blue skinny jeans, not that her legs need to look any skinnier than they already are. On her feet are black boots almost as high as her knees, with buckles on the sides.

Amanda is hardly ever seen without a messenger bag slung across her chest, a black one with a skull design on the front. Within this bag she keeps two important items. One is a knife. The other is a wand consisting of a thin black rod with a red ball at the end, and black bat wings on the side. She likes to use this wand to focus her PSI abilities. When not using it, she keeps it tucked inside her bag with the winged ball at the end sticking out.

Personality: With her highly sadistic personality and almost maniacal love of having pain inflicted upon herself, one might wonder why in the world she is one of the Chosen Ones destined to find the source of the Aurora Mysteria. Indeed, she wanders about the world with a love of all things dark and dangerous. Seeing people suffer makes her feel powerful and energised. When looking at someone, she is very likely to think fascinating, malicious thoughts about them. She relishes the fact that she can use PSI, and very much likes to show off the powers she has.

Around most people, Amanda adopts a cynical and sardonic nature. In a very dry and dull fashion, she makes fun of the situation or the people in them. The only point where she will show any amusement is if it involves things rumoured to be scary or painful. Truly, she laughs in the face of pain, and doesn't mind hurting herself in order to get what she wants. She might actually like hurting herself to get what she wants. In all these ways, it is very easy for people to have a negative first impression of her, or even to be intimidated by her--or pity her, more likely.

The question is, though, is Amanda really on the side of the good guys here? Despite her malicious persona, Amanda seems about as keen as putting an end to huge evil threats as the other Chosen Ones might be. Her most common targets are enemies rather than innocent people, indicating she might have a bit of a good side. However, given her tendency to get carried away with tormenting her enemies, this might not be true. That added to the rather selfish and shrewd attitude she takes on around others often frightens people away from bring friends with her. But does she even want friends? Probably not. Who knows?

Like any unusual person, Amanda has several little quirks. Given the frequency with which she inflict pain upon herself, she might seem tense and uptight at times, but any sort of soft music has been known to relax her. Same thing with storytelling, especially if the story in question is a faery tale or other type of fantasy story. She loves dragons and anything purple, and holds a strong belief in magic in general.

History: Amanda wasn't always like this. When she was younger, she was a peaceful and mild-mannered girl, curious about the world yet happy at home. She was born in the port town of Toto in the country of Summers, a town famous for its ships and stray cats. Both of her parents worked at an expensive hotel in the beach strip of Summers, but her father was also a substitute history teacher at the Summers branch of Reynard University. As for Amanda herself, she was known as the girl who enjoyed reading picture books and who seemed stuck in a faery tale, given the frequency with which she would carry her oversized dragon plushie around.

It remains a mystery, then, why Amanda got the malicious powers she did when the Aurora Mysteria started. It was true that she was curious about black magic through her early teenage years. One of her favourite things to do in school was try to put curses on people, particularly bullies who teased her for her scrawny appearance. This wasn't really a problem though, at least not according to her parents, who didn't believe that the curses Amanda cast actually worked. They probably didn't either, as nobody could use PSI back then. And despite all that, Amanda was still on pretty friendly terms with her more benevolent schoolmates, though she didn't make that many friends due to focusing on her own fantasy world. She came across as aloof back then, but not necessarily malevolent. Classmates clealy saw her curse-casting as a joke.

On the first day of the Aurora Mysteria, Amanda ran away from her house, after befriending a black lizard which had shown itself before her. This lizard claimed to be spiritually bonded to her, in a way. It also explained the basics of PSI to her, describing it as a form of ancient magic. What especially intrigued Amanda about it was the fact that she could actually use PSI, pretty much as soon as the lizard mentioned it. PSI that would allow her to make the fake curses she put on her classmates a potential reality, in fact.

Was it the power she got from being able to use PSI that corrupted her? Did the Aurora Mysteria itself change her in some way? The reasons were mysterious, but Amanda changed that day. Where once she was mild-mannered and maybe a bit shy, she now took on a more vicious and fearless outlook. Where once she derived some enjoyment of the pleasures of life, she instead developed a love of the suffering that came with it. And yet, she still managed to be dragged into the plot to save the world from the evil the Aurora Mysteria brought about, apparently as one of the Chosen Ones destined to bring about this change. An anti-hero, perhaps...

Favourite food: Split pea soup. Her mum makes the best. Not that she would ever eat it nowadays, or anything for that matter.
Favourite thing: Pain. Whether upon herself or upon someone else, she's absolutely in love with it.
Favourite animal: Spider
Musical instrument: The ominous pipe organ.
PSI capable? Yes

PSI: PK Hex (and later, PSI Magnet and PK Pain)
Skills: She doesn't seem to have any other special skills...

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
And here's a signup for Ari, Gon's little sister. Heh, seems like every two months now, one of us posts a new signup for a character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Mariko "Ari" Tsukimaru

Appearance: Just by looking at Ari, one can tell that she probably spends most of her time indoors. This is evident in the light almond-coloured tone of her skin, and how much definition and mass her figure lacks. If anything, she's more on the fragile side. She is still relatively small, standing about four and a half feet in height. She keeps her straight black hair just long enough touch her shoulders, with shorter fringe in the front. Because her dark olive-brown eyes cannot see things very clearly, she wears over them a pair of glasses with bright purple, oval-shaped frames. While she's in front of a computer screen in the dark, which she often is, her eyes take on a mildly purplish hue from the light.

Ari was never one to dress in too showy a fashion, though she certainly likes the colour blue. Her favourite piece of clothing is a cute little deep blue hat with lighter blue stripes across it, with a brim just wide enough to shade her face if and when she goes out in the sun. She usually matches this with a long blue coat with buttons down the length in the front, which fits snugly around her. Comfort does seem to be a priority in her clothing style, as evidenced by how pliable her coat is and how she wears gray sweats underneath. Whenever she gets the rare chance to go outside, she tucks the latter into the calf-high black boots on her feet, and also slings her little gray purse over her shoulder.

Personality: When Ari is around other people, she often seems lost or confused. Nowadays, she isolates her mind in a virtual world where she alone is free to go about. It's as if she's bored with the world around her, preferring to keep to her own self. She has lost most of her curiosity, timid around others and unwilling to explore new things. If situations change, she frets over what things used to be like.

It takes a long time to get Ari interested in something. She's very particular about what she likes, and prefers to go with the usual routine. However, she does do a good job at sticking with the things she is interested in. She doesn't easily give up, and doesn't easily forget things either. In many ways she could almost be the opposite of her older brother Gon--most notably her shyness as a contrast to his comfortability around people, and her insular attitude towards things as opposed to Gon's openness to change.

However, this doesn't mean Ari is necessarily a miser. She actually appears somewhat cheerful, usually with a faint little smile on her face. Few things in the world move her, which prevents her from being easy to startle like Gon is. She's not that good with showing much emotion either, maybe not even feeling it either. Perhaps she's just the silent protagonist of a video game she lives in. But at least she's a calm one: it's hard to upset her or get her especially worked up about something. When a problem arises in her life, she hardly ever worries about it, instead seeing it as a puzzle she might or might not feel like solving. Yes, she can be apathetic at times.

Yes, that's a little quirk about Ari: she's really into all things virtual. In fact, all that time she spends on the computer seems to have "threatened to turn her mind into a computer", as her father jokingly warned once. She really is a thinker, and follows a highly logical thought process when it comes to decision-making and interpretation. And, just like the typical computer, if she tries to do too many things at once, she'll freeze and will subsequently lose all unsaved data. She even likes to slip computer terms into her description of her daily life--for example, when she has to visit a doctor, she says she's going to "complete a virus scan".

History: Once upon a time, Ari had an "offline" life. Quite a happy one, in fact. Growing up with her parents and older brother in Sunrise, having a safe yet fun childhood, enjoying the place she called home... The times she could especially recall were her adventures around Robot City with "Hiroshi-kun", as Ari would often refer to her brother as, and also taking their robotic puppy Chi-Chi on a walk. Growing up in Robot City, Ari quickly became fascinated with all the cool electronic gadgets they had on display in some of the stores, with the number of everyday things that can be simplified with a computer, and with the hectic yet exciting life of the city.

Throughout her early life, Ari was complacent and easygoing, not really being much of any trouble to anyone. She really liked the world she was shown, and the family she grew up with. Hardly ever did she want to be alone, unless she was really tired and just wanted to sleep. She was never much of a dreamer, and she never had any real ambitions; she just enjoyed life as it came, and was happy being in Robot City.

And then, when Ari was about eight years old, she became the most shocked she had ever been in her life: her parents announced that they were planning to move away, all the way to Eagleland. Gon was excited about this move, being in anticipation of what the city of Discovery was like, but Ari was not. She loved Robot City. She was happy there. And now that was all going to be taken away from her. Her parents kept reassuring her that they would still remain a family, that nothing was going to change and that they were simply in a different location. But even so, Ari got homesick very quickly. Discovery was just not the same. It didn't interest her as much as Robot City used to. Not by a long shot.

And it didn't help that because of rumoured gang activity floating around Discovery, Ari and Gon were discouraged from their usual exploration of the city. Gon occasionally suggested hanging out together more often anyway, but Ari said she just wasn't interested. In fact, she didn't quite know what she wanted to do. It was as if the move alienated her from her family--that her family was meant to be back in Sunrise, not here. So the only thing she could really turn to was the computer the family had brought over from the move.

On the computer, one thing Ari liked to do was play a MMORPG game called Airedge. It was a game where she could play as one of several mythical creatures and wander around the world, using magic to influence things or even keeping little virtual pets. She liked other games as well, being particularly good at a bullet-dodging game named Saihou and a music composition game called Magic Dot Composer. When she wasn't playing any of these, she was usually fiddling with computer code and trying to learn how to program all the stuff computers did. She pretty much only left the computer for school and mealtime, or for when her parents needed to use the computer, in which case she would silently watch TV with Gon.

When the Aurora Mysteria hit, Ari still spent most of her time on the computer, save for when her family dragged her into the backyard so that they could all view it together. Her first impression of it was some mysterious entity trying to "hack" into the world, creating these odd creatures for people to fight and "destining" some people with PSI powers or other skills. Ari spent much time looking up the kinds of enemies people found all over the world, documenting them and even imagining stats for them. She found the whole appearance of these strange creatures kind of amusing, actually.

That is, until one night when she suddenly found that she was not in Discovery anymore...

Favourite food: Curry, just like Gon.
Favourite thing: Computers
Favourite animal: Mouse (partly because most computers come with one, partly because mice are cute and all)
Musical instrument: Synthesizer

PSI: None

Ability: Copy Drive - A little memory stick that Ari left in her pocket while being kidnapped. Through this process, and factoring in Ari's prior work in analyzing all those enemy reports, the memory stick became the Copy Drive. The drive can scan pretty much every living being out there, temporarily copying some of its abilities. However, it can only copy PSI techniques and special abilities enemies have--it doesn't do much of anything when used on a person. And the stronger the target or the more diverse its abilities, the more limited the Copy Drive's capability of copying it is. When using copied abilities, the Copy Drive creates holographic representations of whatever is necessary to launch the attack--but it seems to work just like the real thing, though it maybe a little less powerful than the real thing. And lastly, it cannot copy the Chosen Ones' PK Favourites at all, due to an unknown error.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I have an important announcement to everyone:

SIGNUPS HAVE RE-OPENED.

I know the RPG has been going on for over a year (imagine that), but we're still a little less than halfway through the plot, and with some of the current members going inactive, it's been tough to keep it going. So now I invite some new characters to join! The Discussion Thread is already up, and it contains some useful information on the existing characters and enemies, and even a Plot Summary to brief you all on what's been happening so far.

The signup form is pretty much the same, but there are a few changes to keep in mind:

- Instead of starting off in Saturn Valley, everyone will start off in whatever country the main characters will be visiting next, which is to be determined shortly. Before then, though, everyone will be starting out in their hometowns or wherever else they may be in their ordinary-ish life as kind of an intro.

- Originally everyone could only give their characters one PSI technique, but I changed that to two or three this time around, given how we've progressed in the RPG so far. I already edited that in the signup form.

- Instead of it being five days since the Aurora Mysteria started, it's eight, since the RPG has covered three days so far.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the new signups, and I hope you'll all enjoy it too!

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
I'll deffo post a sign up later on. I know you said reservations aren't neccessary, but... yeah.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
Added some small blemishes to Santana's sign-up, so if you'd like me to join again... :<

Also, last time I remember she phased out of the cast at the Sunflower Field.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Monster Guy and Zero Nexus: I'm glad to see you're interested! I shall await your signups soon.

@Raiden193: Yeah, and if you like, you can just edit your original signup with your tweaks. Admittedly, I had deleted Santana from the character list due to your inactivity, but that doesn't mean I can't bring her back. ;) And yes, I remember last seeing her in the sunflower field. How she'll get to either Mt. Itoi or the new country is going to be a dilemma, especially since the Skyrunner Mark II is off in Winters getting repairs. I guess you could just have her cat teleport her there. The existing Chosen Ones already used that trick to get to Sunrise in the first place. Yeah, we'll figure it out.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Name: Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone

AccurateLeo_zps737e5925.jpg

Appearance: Leo stands at exactly 6'0" tall. He has a toned athletic physique that he is quite proud of, and is quite strong. Due to living in a tropical place most of his life, and because he often goes outdoors, his skin is lightly tanned. His face is round, and rather boyish. Marked by large expressiv blue eyes, a small nose, and a usually smiling mouth. These features give him a rather youthful appearance. He has short, close cropped black hair, with messy bangs that cover his forehead, and go to his eyebrows. A strand of hair on top of his head always stands up, no matter how much he tries to comb it down. Except for the top of his head, and eyebrows, the rest of his upper body is void of any hair.

For clothing, Leo generally wears what is comfortable. Usually, whatever he pulls out of his closet that day. It usually includes a pair of jeans or cargo shorts, and sneakers or sandals on his feet. He can often be found without a shirt. This is because he was rather scrawny when he was younger, so now that he's put on a little muscle, he likes to show off the results. When he must wear a shirt, it will usually be a skintight tank top, or something low cut/not buttoned/zipped up all the way, and without a shirt underneath. He's not comfortable wearing cloaks or heavy clothing that covers him up too much. He will dress up for formal occasions and colder days when he needs to, but he usually takes it right off when he's able. He wears a pair of aviator goggles on top of his head. He doesn't use them, he just thinks they look cool. His favorite outfit is a red, form fitting tank top, with black stripes on the sides, and a zipper down the front on the top, and a pair of jeans held up by a belt on the bottom. His sneakers are red and black, and have wheels in the soles. The wheels can pop in and out when Leo puts weight on his heels, allowing them to function like roller skates. He carries his things in a simple pink backpack.

Personality: Leo is a bright, cheerful person, with an optimistic view on life. He can often be found with a smile on his face, even when things look bleak. As such, he often makes jokes, and does silly things when the situation is tense to lighten things up, but his attempts at making people laugh sometimes backfire. He believes there is some good in everyone, and for that, he is very trusting of others. A genuine nice guy, he is always willing to help someone in need. Often putting the needs of others ahead of his own. Sometimes though, he can be too nice, to the point of gullibility, and people often take advantage of him for it. Leo is very outgoing and social. He likes meeting new people, and making new friends. He is not afraid to strike up a conversation with a random stranger. Being used to having to watch over his little sisters, he's become accustomed to taking care of people. He is loyal, empathetic, and very protective of those he cares about, making him a good friend to have.

Leo is very energetic. So much so, that it is very difficult for him to sit still and concentrate on one thing for long periods of time. Because of this, he likes to actually do stuff, instead of sitting there reading about it. While he is able to think quick on his feet during intense situations. he often acts impulsively, and jumps to conclusions without thinking first. Unlike a lot of guys he's known, Leo is the type of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. His feelings are there for everyone to see, and he's pretty easy to read. For example he cries openly during the endings of sad movies, and he is affectionate towards close friends. Due to his cheerful nature, it is usually difficult to anger him. Leo's the type that wears a happy mask to hide his pain, not wanting to burden others with his problems. When something annoys him, he tends to keep it to himself, so when things become too much, he has really bad angry outbursts where he just lashes out at the most appropriate target. That said, Leo isn't one to hold grudges for very long, and is very quick to forgive people.

Leo has an affinity for cute things, and is not ashamed about it at all. One of his favorite things at the moment, is the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which he watches regularly with his youngest sister. He is an unabashed Brony, he has a collection of merchandise from the show, and often makes references to it in everyday conversation. He's aware how silly it might look for an eighteen year old to be liking a show aimed at little girls, and generally he has a good sense of humor about the whole thing. (However, he does get defensive if someone makes fun of him for it.) He's had bad experiences with bullies as a kid, and he fears having to experience that again. He also likes fantasy and fairy tales, and he developed most of his idealistic beliefs from them. He's also a fan of many other things that are normally considered childish. He can also cook well, due to having to make dinner for the family when his mom was working. He particularly enjoys making (and eating) desserts, though he keeps it in moderation.

History: Leo was born in by the beach in Summers. He was the oldest of three siblings, and the only male among the three. His parents' relationship became strained after his father, Leroy, lost his job shortly after the youngest daughter was born, and the family started experiencing financial troubles. It was not helped by Leroy turning to Wine to drown his sorrows, which worried the rest of the family. Leroy and his wife, Luisa, often argued loudly during the night. While things never escalated to physical violence, but the yelling still made the three kids uncomfortable. Despite the drama, Leo tried to put on a brave face, and hoped things would work out in the end. Eventually, Luisa got a promotion at her job that made up for the loss of income, but by then, the damage was done, and Leroy filed for divorce.

Leo currently lives with his mom, and his younger sisters Lilly and Lucy. He is much closer to his mother than with his father. They were not wealthy, but they weren't poor either. Being a single parent, Luisa often had to work long hours, leaving Leo responsible for looking after his sisters, and taking care of household things while she worked. Unlike a lot of other boys though, Leo didn't really mind this, and actually enjoyed doing it. As a result of this, he became accustomed to taking care of people. He also learned a lot of domestic skills, and became very good at cooking.

He was a rather scrawny child, and he was often picked on by bullies who thought he was weaker than them. It did not help that he was a sensitive kid, and he had a taste for things that are usually considered girly by others. He would often come home with bruises. His father did not help matters by suggesting that living in a house full of girls was turning him into one. While all the bullying upset him, he kept up a cherful demeanor in front of others, not wanting to burden others with his problems. He believed that if he thinks positively, things will get better.

Around the time Leo entered puberty, things started to change. His mother announced that her office was starting a branch in Fourside and that the family would be moving there. His situation began to improve when he started High School. Deciding that he no longer wanted to be a wimp, and a constant bullying victim, he started working out and getting into Sports, which resulted in him putting on a little muscle, and making new friends. Due to his social personality, he quickly became quite popular on campus, particularly with other girls. He also maintained good grades. Things were actually starting to look up. Despite how well things were going, he didn't let it get to his head. He still remained the same sensitive kid he always was on the inside.

When the Aurora Mysteria first appeared in the sky, Leo didn't think too much of it, thinking it to just be pretty lights. Then came the message from the Starmen, and all the other mysterious happenings that followed. Clearly all of mave been a sign of an adventure waiting to start. But what could he do? He was just an ordinary high school student. He can't exactly go traveling across the world alone. Especially since he hasn't a clue where he's going...

Questionnaire:

- Favourite food: Cupcakes
- Favourite thing: Cute Stuff
- Favourite animal: Lion Cub
- Which musical instrument best represents your character? A cute little xylophone.
- Is your character PSI-capable? Yes

PSI:
PK Aura: Leo discovered he can move stuff with his mind. When an object is being manipulated by him, the object glows with a pink aura.
Healing: Leo can heal wounds and sickness with a touch. His preferred method is giving the person a hug. The intended target will experience a pleasant tingly sensation when this technique is working, even if they are not injured or sick. (The same applies with Life-Up)
Life-Up: As well as healing, Leo can also give people energy with a touch as well.

Skills: None yet.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Monster Guy: Ah, going with Leo again, are we? Anyway, good job on your signup! It's too bad, Leo just missed Candy and Andy's concert in Robot City--given the cute and comical nature of their music, I think he would've really liked it. (While none of the other characters did except for Gon.) Good take on the PSI as well. One minor thing though: There are no tropical cities in Eagleland. Eagleland is more of a temperate zone, as it's based off the USA. A tropical city would typically be more in Quetzal, the equivalent of South and central America, instead. Or maybe the southern part of Scaraba. Or it could be a non-tropical city in Eagleland. Just a minor thing. Fix that and you're in.

Also, as for the musical instrument... Something cute and childish... How about a xylophone? Perhaps one of those toy ones that kids like to play with--maybe a rainbow-coloured one. I think we're past the point when the musical instruments were of the most importance, but they might still play a role later on.

@Everyone: It looks like our starting location will be Dalaam. At some point (maybe once we get a couple more signups in, or something), I will do an introductory post that takes place there, and it is after I do that that Monster Guy and anyone else who has a new signup approved may post. I will include details on how your characters will enter the RPG once I do that post, but it basically involves them going about their everyday lives until one evening they meet their favourite animal, which will act as a familiar to them from then on. That animal will teleport your character to Dalaam, and I'll be sure to provide details on what's there and where we'll all meet and such. You'll be meeting the "old" characters there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.