• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Earthquakes

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
The closest things to earthquakes I've experienced were:
1) When an American Airlines plane flew over my house low enough for me to see the AA logo
2) Whenever the military decides to fly by in formation in F-16s or Transport-Helicopters or AC class ships.

As far as I understand it, a fault runs near the Tennessee Valley so it could be possible to feel tremors where I live. It could be possible that I've unknowingly experienced very small quakes.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I live in the UK, so I haven't felt any quakes. I'm curious to what it feels like, though.

Psychic

Really and truly
We actually had a small earthquake last week around Ottawa, and most of us in the next province over felt it (there was quite an amusing frenzy over Facebook). I was sitting outside having ice cream with a friend during my lunch break at the time, and we were both completely unaware of it. That's the second time there's been a small quake and I was oblivious to it.

~Psychic

I've gotten used to them. Living here in Southern California, you have to be living in a perfectly padded asylum room in order to go that long without feeling any earthquakes. I recently made a new discovery about earthquakes: the worst place you want to be during an earthquake is the bathroom, even if you're just brushing your teeth:(.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the last earthquake there was in the netherlands was in the seventies i think, nothing fancy but it did manage to wake people up at night. it's before my time so i never get to experience one and to be honest i hope it stays that way. small quakes often come for the bigger ones.

shiringomez

Earth quack is a nature disaster so we can't do for that but we have to follow some tips to stay safe during an earthquake. Some earthquakes only last long enough for you to register that they are happening and then they are over. If you are outside, get out into the middle of the street or into an area that is as open as possible.

Kdude146

a few weeks a go I was having a nap when one happend in Ontario it woke me up btw for other Ontario people on here I live in Kitchener

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Twice. Once I was at home and the other one I was at school.

Second one was kind of ironic really. I was at the 14th floor and I was debating when the earthquake happened. Our professor went out and asked the other profs nearby as to what to do. They didn't know. It went on for about a minute or two.

I've been through a few... but they all happened a long time ago.

Like when I was about 4 or so, we had an earthquake in the middle of the night. I don't remember too much of it other than my parents making me and my siblings hide under our dining room table for a while.

Then when I was about 9 or so, we had a small earthquake early one Thanksgiving morning. I felt my bed shaking, but I was half asleep so I thought my cats were fighting on my bed. lol

When I was in 5th grade, I remember Seattle had an earthquake during the day. The earthquake was large enough to be felt in Oregon. I didn't even notice that we were having one until I saw a picture frame swinging from side to side on the wall of the classroom.

Aaannnddd just a few years ago when I was on the computer (I think I was 15? or 16?) we had a 5 second earthquake. Needless to say, it freaked me out.

Yumix

Earthquakes scare me more than any other natural disaster, I grew up in San Francisco and now live in Japan, both with active major faults. At school we were told almost everyday how a major earthquake can hit today or tomorrow or maybe in 20 years, and that just made everyone paranoid rather than help prepare for the big one.
Though I don't remember big earthquakes in SF. I remember one medium one when I was 8, I was trying to sleep and I heard the door open, and the next moment the whole house started swaying. I think it was a 4~5 earthquake.
Others were small ones that were hard to tell apart between a truck passing by.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Hmm...the ones I clearly remember were three. The one that occurred near Palm Springs a few days back, and the infamous Easter quake.

Then there was one back in the Summer of 2008 which occurred in the middle of my Drivers' Ed. class. That one was pretty funny, our instructor told us to sit in our desks and ride it out.

Larry

I've only lived through two in my 16 years. One when I was probably like 7 and My house shook a little. Then mabey about a month ago there was an Earthquake in Quebec I think and me and my friends were in an XBL party and we were all like what the hell is that?! I live in New York.

SHiny HOHO

Celebi_master
never felt one i live in Wisconsin

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
We actually had a small earthquake last week around Ottawa, and most of us in the next province over felt it (there was quite an amusing frenzy over Facebook). I was sitting outside having ice cream with a friend during my lunch break at the time, and we were both completely unaware of it. That's the second time there's been a small quake and I was oblivious to it.

~Psychic

LMAO I was actually off from exams. I had walked into my room and my closet door started shaking. I was like WTF sat at my laptop and was told it was an earthquake.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
i've been through two earthquakes, one was in LA, no surprise.

i didn't feel the first one. it was maybe 2 years ago. i figured out it was an earthquake when my mom asked me if i was ok from that quake. my reaction? "what earthquake?!" o.0

second one was when i was on vacation. it was maybe about a 5.0, and last year, too. i thought there was some serious construction going on outside. when it ended, i realized it actually an earthquake.