• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Echo of Time (PG-13/Non-Pokemon)

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Wielder: Monkey Staff of Wisdom
Day II The Inn- New Magostra

Diego saw there was a ruckus going outside. He opened the window to check it out. It was Milly, he grit his teeth. He remembered what he did to his brother. He also saw she kidnapped Puck.

Diego looked at her with a snarl. That arrogant cruel smirk... He wanted to break it off of her. However, then the next thing that he heard would change things.

“Ha ha ha! How pathetic! I’ll kill you all! I’ll destroy your dammed planet!” Mily said.

“Just like I destroyed Earth…” She said.

“Did I not mention that? I’m sorry. Ha ha! That’s why it took me this long to follow you here…I was too busy destroying the place you all called home…I hope you didn’t have relatives back there. You know…Cause they’re all dead! Ha ha ha ha ha!”

Diego looked at her. Everything was gone. He turned to Zuri who probably heard it loud and clear.

Diego went to his knees, or would had his body not tensed. It spazed a bit as bones popping were heard. Diego just jumped out of the window and snarled to her. His eyes were tearing and he was angry. Really angry. Had someone hit him with gamma rays, Milly would have been a goner. But that didn't happen. Oh darn.

Diego felt himself shutting down. Or rather, like his instincts shut him down to prevent damage to his psyche.

His mind was racing and he felt his body go into overdrive. DX had surfaced. Diego's snarl turned into a creepy smile.

"LaUgH wHiLe YoU sTiLl cAn, LiTtLE gIRl," Diego or rather DX said before he went into mad laughter. He locked eyes with her. The massive news hit Diego hard enough to shut him down and give DX a big boost in mental strength. "YoU'lL bE lAuGhInG tO yOuR gRaVe" he said as he bent his knees and prepared to strike.

Last edited:

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
Hunter || Seya
New Magostra - Day 2

Placing her hand over her mouth, Milly yawned at the sight of Diego. *Yawn*

*Grin* "My grave? You're a sad little boy ... didn't anyone teach you? ... you can't kill whats already d-e-a-d ..." Milly was toying with Diego. She knew he was no threat, yet.

Hunter bolted after Diego. Is he mad? That idiot is gonna get us all killed!

Seya, not far behind, began yelling, "Diego! Don't do it! She'll kill the boy!"

With god-like speed, Milly appeared right behind Diego and whispered, "This boy dies tonight, his blood is in your hands..." She raised her deadly pike and jabbed at Diego.

Seya closed her eyes. She refused to witness another death... Never again.

*Cling!*

It was Hunter. Right before Milly could strike Diego, he intercepted the pike with a powerful kick. Although he did not disarm her; she was not able to go through with her attack. Milly quickly appeared back on the roof, still grinning.

"Raseo's own personal assassin, helping them out... What did she do to you? Damn fool..." She held Puck like a rag doll, dragging on the floor. His eyes seemed lifeless but he wasn't dead. Not a word out of his mouth; the child was completely in shock.

Realizing the immediate danger had cooled, Hunter turned to Diego but said nothing. He looked mad serious.

Seya immediately ran up to Diego. She wasn't pleased with him. To think he'd act so recklessly and with complete disregard for the Blooboni's life. She looked at Diego. "Diego... Who are you?... Your not the sweet boy I thought I knew... You wish death upon her. You intend to kill, the Light has erred with you Diego..." She desperately looked around for Zuri. If anyone could help, it'd be her...

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Michel Lefèbvre
(Future) Wielder of the Stallion Boots of Gaia
New Magostra - Day 2

So it turned out the Freak Circus wasn’t being paranoid.

Outside, watching them was no other than the girl they had left behind back on Earth. She was threatening the small chubby boy and spewing nonsense. Destroyed the Earth? Yeah, right, as if a whole planet could be destroyed by a single chick overnight. She was obviously just trying to rile them up. And, as Michel’s gaze hit the poor boy writhing in her grasp, he felt like she succeeded in that.

Seya was ready to step outside like they had been ordered to, but Michel just looked away. He wouldn’t get involved. He didn’t know the boy, it really wasn’t worth it to get himself killed because of a stranger. That’s what he felt, right? So then, why was the hand he was holding the origami horse in shaking? Why was he gritting his teeth? It wasn’t even a chick in trouble, he shouldn’t be this mad. He shouldn’t. It wasn’t supposed to go like this. It wasn’t supposed to…

Michel’s fist threatened to roll up in a fist and crush the horse, but he forced it steady and to stay in place. His sunglasses covered his eyes still, and his face didn’t show many traces of his inner conflict.

Stay cool, Mich. Stay cool. Getting angry won’t help any-

And then Diego snapped. He started talking strange and rushed outside, ready to attack the pigtailed girl just like that, despite her hostage. Oh, hell no, what did he just say – well alright, think about getting mad? Guy was always lecturing them about thinking of others and now he was going to sacrifice the life of a kid just ‘cause he couldn’t keep his emotions in check?

Michel admitted he was a prick sometimes. Diego? He was worse.

“Dude, woah, anger issues much?” Michel questioned as he got outside just in time to see Hunter save the guy’s chubby behind from Milly’s attack. She was still holding the boy who, at this point, didn’t seem to be aware of much going on, and in a second she was back up on the rooftop. Michel walked up to Diego. He didn’t run, he simply walked, making no sudden movements as he reached the guy. He gave a glance at the girl from the corner of his eye and then turned to his supposed teammate.

“You might wanna go mull over whatever the hell’s wrong with your head inside, y’know. We can find you a nice psychiatrist in the morning, but right now you’re kind of… in the way. Like a lot. Like ‘holy hell what’s wrong with you’– lot.” Michel said to him, a trace of anger framing his voice despite his tone. “You’re not really helping, see, you can’t just rush into things like that, a’ight, Leeroy? We’ve got a life on the line here. Back off. You can show off your cool speech patterns some other time.”

He nodded towards the door, one hand in his pocket still holding the Pegasos as if to give him luck. ‘Cause he definitely needed luck.

“And hey, you,” he said as he turned to the pigtailed girl. “Long time no see. How about you put that boy down? I mean ain’t it kinda pathetic that the destroyer of Earth needs a hostage? Especially an uninvolved one? How ‘bout you just put him down and fight, fair game.” He really, really hoped this’d work and she’d either comply or get mad enough to forget the boy even for a minute. Someone could probably pick him up in that time. Carly had some wind powers, right? If she didn't put him down of her own accord, maybe Carly could sweep him away if they could just get her to come down again like she had with Diego just now. Michel took in a breath and then tilted his head, continuing: “I can give you another kiss if you just come over here, y'know! Would help you get some more expertise in on that area, you seemed pretty inexperienced the last time. Inexperienced and cute. I thought I spied a blush too~”

It was the strangest feeling, trying to get a chick mad at you. Especially since the chick was, without a doubt, very freaking deadly.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: Well, I know Seya wants to see Zuri and Milly wants her to step outside, but Zuri can't just leave Jessica by herself...
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For a moment, Zuri just sat next to Diego on the bed, smiling sometimes, looking over at Jessica other times. She still had not woken. Did the magic fail just now? Probably not, Zuri thought--it was probably that the timing was not quite right. But at least Zuri was assured that she would eventually wake. Hopefully sometime soon.

And then there was commotion outside, commotion which Diego quickly went to investigate. Zuri didn't dare leave the circle she had cast, instead briefly listening to what happened. And she recognised the voice. Milly. That madwoman set on killing them all. How had she followed them here? How had she known where to find them? Did she sneak into the same portal Seya opened, perhaps?

At any rate, she made a threat, requesting that all the Guardians come outside. Upon hearing this, Zuri looked back to Jessica. She couldn't just leave her there alone. What if Milly killed her right there? She was just about to ask Diego for help, but... just then Milly made a startling announcement. She had just destroyed Earth. Upon hearing this, Diego lost it, jumping out and trying to kill Milly, muttering things in a strange voice she had never heard from him before. How strange...

But at any rate, Zuri stood there, wondering what to do. She could just look out the window, but then she would give her location away, and Jessica's as well. Wait... that was it. Mily did want to see all the Guardians after all, and she certainly lacked the physical strength needed to carry Jessica outside. If only Diego were still here... Speaking of Diego, Michel had just arrived on the scene, harshly reprimanding Diego for his outburst. But rash though his actions were, Zuri thought Michel was being way too harsh on him. But that was it. Zuri headed to the window and leaned outside of it, calling out to the others.

"Stop it!" she shouted. "Listen, everyone, no matter how good their intentions are, has a dark side. In some people it's more pronounced than others, and in some it has a tendency to leak out when the will becomes weak! So before you criticise Diego for what he did, consider why he did it. Did Milly not just announce that the Earth was destroyed? That everyone on it was dead? Nobody's expected to be perfect here! Just because we're the Guardians of Light does not necessarily mean that we are entirely pure! And the same goes for you, Milly."

At that point she turned to the pigtailed menace with the Blooboni hostage.

"The reason why evil will never fully encompass the universe is that it is in balance with the light. Though we may hope, the world will never truly be at peace... Likewise, if your goal is to destroy the entire universe, it will never happen. It cannot happen, try though you might. Also, consider another problem with evil: evil actions attract evil back to the self. How many of you Blooboni out there hate Milly here for what she's doing?"

There was much nodding among the Blooboni.

"Thought so," she added thoughtfully to Milly. "After all, either you single-handedly annihilated over six billion people, or you told a highly rotten lie. Anyway, the window is open and Jessica is here with me, so consider us outside. Come check if you like. The circle is open."

Here she took a sideways glance at the still-unconscious Jessica.

Last edited:

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Kess Andrews
Twin White Lion Gauntlets
Day 2 – New Magostra

It was when Puck screamed that, for Kess, everything fell apart.

Finally getting up from the table, she rushed to the window, clenching her fists. On the rooftops, Milly stood, that pigtailed menace. In her cruel grip was the boy, Puck. She held her spear close to his throat, making Kess want to cry out.

The moment she mentioned Earth, the dream from that night flooded back into Kess’ mind. Her sister, screaming for help, screaming her name. Houses destroyed. Had that been Milly’s doing? Destroying their homes and families, all because they left through a portal in self-defense?

Kess screwed her eyes shut, and shook her head to get rid of the visions of her sister. She couldn’t… She just couldn’t…

A cruel laugh jolted her from her mental battle, looking up, she saw Diego smiling creepily at Milly, speaking in an odd way. That couldn’t be Diego. That wasn’t how he spoke, how he acted. It was more like a demonic Diego that looked ready and willing to kill.

“Diego!” she cried out, hoping he wouldn’t do something foolish.

Milly found his threat amusing, since she went over to him at lightning speed and murmured in his ear, before raising her pike.

“No!” Kess cried again, rushing through the door. She didn’t want another dead or injured soul weighing on her conscience like broken ghosts. She already had Florina, Darwin, Sarah, Jess… She didn’t want to add Diego to her list of broken souls.

Hunter was far quicker, leaping high and kicking Milly’s pike away, halting her.

Seya looked royally mad. And Kess meant it when she thought ‘royally’. Seya was a princess of Light, and had the attitude to match. Really sweet, but with a temper that could awaken all the time. Seya flew up to Diego and had a few words with him. Kess caught bits and pieces, enough to make her worry. Seya was angry with Diego, that much was certain.

Michel then went up and had a brief word with Diego too. Then he faced Milly and taunted her in his infuriating way. Then again, that was normal.

Then Zuri appeared, wide awake, at the window. She defended Diego’s actions, before turning to the people of this land. She seemed very confident, something Kess wished she was. People were defined by their actions. All Kess did was freeze the faces of girls in pigtails.

“I guess we pick up where we left off.” She said softly, joining the others on the rooftop.
In the back of her mind, behind her obvious fear and worry, part of her began calculating and planning. We have to save Puck before we can get rid of Milly that part of her said. The rest of her agreed, but it was too nervous to assist properly.

“We have to save Puck!” she called to the others, taking a defensive stance. “We can’t let anyone get hurt by this… witch!”

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix

DX had prepared to deflect Milly's attack. However, she then proceeded to do a back attack until Hunter countered it.

"Raseo's own personal assassin, helping them out... What did she do to you? Damn fool..." She held Puck like a rag doll, dragging on the floor. His eyes seemed lifeless but he wasn't dead. Not a word out of his mouth; the child was completely in shock.

Realizing the immediate danger had cooled, Hunter turned to Diego but said nothing. He looked mad serious. DX simply turned to Hunter with a point of interest.

Seya immediately ran up to Diego. She wasn't pleased with him. To think he'd act so recklessly and with complete disregard for the Blooboni's life. She looked at Diego. "Diego... Who are you?... Your not the sweet boy I thought I knew... You wish death upon her. You intend to kill, the Light has erred with you Diego..."

"i Am NoT dIeGo. I aM dX," DX said to Seya with a rather serious tone. While he was insane, DX could be pragmatic if needed. "mY oThEr HaLf DiEgO... cOuLd nOt DeAl WiTh ThE sEvErE lOsS sO hIs InStIncT sHuT hIm dOwN aNd I tOoK oVeR. yOu SeE, dIeGo WaS bOrN dIfFeReNt ThAn MoSt OtHErS... hIs MiNd WaS rEwIrEd DiFfErEnTlY. tHiS mAdE hIm QuIrKy AnD iSoLaTeD. tHiS aLoNg WiTh ThE sHoRt TeMpEr MaDe HiM aLoNe ThRoUgHoUt HiS yOuTh.

In OrDeR tO mAiNtAiN hIs GoOdNeSs AnD nOt SuCuMb To DaRkNeSs, He FoRcEd AlL oF hIs NeGaTiVe EmOtIoNs InTo ThE dEePeSt CoRnErS oF hIs MiNd. EvEnTuAlLy WhEn He SaW sOmEtHiNg TrUaMaTic, ThE pReSsUrE wAs ToO mUcH aNd I wAs BoRn."

"Do NoT aSsUmE sImPlY bEcAuSe I eXiSt, ThE bOy Is NoT gOoD. tHaT fOoL hAs ThE bIgGeSt HeArT i EvEr SeEn. YoU aRe LuCkY tHaT hE hAd NoT hEaRd YoUr CoMmEnT, lAdY sEyA, oR iT wOuLd DeViStAtE hIm BeYoNd WhAt I cOuLd HaNdLe. ThAt BoY iS pRePaReD tO dIe FoR yOu. FoR aLl Of YoU"

DX took a deep breath and listened to Michel's explanation. "dO NoT aSsUmE aNyThInG. dIeGo'S aCtIoNs ArE nOT fRoM rEcKlEsSnEsS..." DX myseriously said before facing Milly.

He then heard Zuri's words. DX froze. So, she did have a chance... "ThAt ZuRi... ShE wILl Be ThE oNe To ReScUe DiEgO fRoM hIs SoRrOw... ThAt Is If ShE lOvEs HiM bAcK..." DX said before he turned to Seya once more. "HoWeVeR, yOu CoUlD aLsO bE tHe OnE tO fReE hIm," DX said as he shrugged his shoulders before Kess came and say they had to free Puck. DX looked toward Milly and began trying to figure out how to get Puck out of the madwoman's clutches.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
OOC: I would assume Carly does not know Milly's name yet, as she hasn't introduced herself. XD

Caroline McNamara
Wielder of the Valiant Hawk Scythe
New Magostra - Day 2

“It’s the girl who attacked us back on Earth and she has the boy…” Hunter murmured. Carly shook her head in disbelief. She had followed them? How did she know that they were here? Her fears were confirmed when familiar cries came from outside. Puck.

“I know you’re in there! I suggest you come outside if you want this … thing … to live!” She heard the familiar voice threaten. Shawbi bolted to the window, to which Hunter moved slightly, giving her to opportunity to see what was happening. The girl was outside alright, gripping Puck tightly. Carly shook her head slowly, as she mentioned that she had destroyed Earth.

Paddy!

She tried to stay strong, but her thoughts were all on her older brother, the one who took care of her for almost eleven years. It was him who stood by her side, helped her let go of her fears, comforted her whenever she was faced by them, taught her effortlessly despite his busy schedule. Paddy was her protector...and now he was gone. Carly did not even have the opportunity to say goodbye to him. She left, thinking he would be alright. She never knew that everything was going to crash down this way. She glared at Milly, trying to hide the crying inside her. It was a lie. It had to be. Six billion people in one night...it was impossible, right?

It's a lie...it has to be...

Before Seya exited, Diego following her. Seya had said that it was alright to stay, but Carly couldn't bear to do it. More blood on her hands yet again, and this time there was a possibility that it was the blood of the only family she had. She couldn't bear to see any more of it, especially if it was this one girl who supposedly caused it. She stepped out, following everybody else, only to find that Diego was...not himself.

"LaUgH wHiLe YoU sTiLl cAn, LiTtLE gIRl. YoU'lL bE lAuGhInG tO yOuR gRaVe" Not-Diego threatened, sounding as if he were possessed by something, or someone. The girl took no notice, attacking him with her pike before Hunter interrupted, kicking her. Michel used his taunting tactic, trying to get close to her in order to distract her, the way he kissed her on Earth.

Meanwhile, Seya started chastising Diego. Zuri defended his actions, saying that everyone had a dark side and that it did not mean that Diego was a bad person. Carly silently agreed with her. She herself had her vices and her crudeness, but in the end, she was still chosen as a Guardian. She made mistakes too. Not-Diego replied to Seya, explaining who exactly he was and calling himself DX.

“We have to save Puck! We can’t let anyone get hurt by this… witch!” Kess called out, getting Carly's attention. She looked around, trying to make sure everyone was OK. She was already responsible for so many deaths, and she did not want to be the cause of more because of her stupidity. She stepped beside Kess, then looked up at Puck, then at the girl.

"Look bitch, I'm going to ask you nicely. Let the boy go." She said, glaring at the girl, who did not budge, but instead, held Puck as tightly as she could. Carly began to think. How was she going to get Puck out of her grasp.

If I tell her to take me instead...she'd let Puck go. It isn't him she wants anyway. But what...oh yeah, I'm Wind, I can fly fast. If she lets go and goes for me...I can try to fly away. Risky...risky...

Carly gave it a while, weighing the pros and the cons. She ran the risk of being caught, but it could give everyone else an opening to attack her...and Puck would probably be free. Besides, her hands were full. She had to drop either the pike or Puck. If she put down Puck, Carly could take her chances. If she dropped the pike...

"Hey, it isn't him you want, right fucker? Why don't you take me instead? Just let go of him!" She shouted, deciding to go for it and take her chances.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
OOC: This will be a short post, but I just want to have Zuri do something about DX...
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zuri, Wielder of the Blue Flame Tiger Bow
New Magostra, Confrontation with Milly

After Zuri spoke up, she noticed something even more odd about Diego. Before, she had just dismissed his actions as a simple violent outburst in response to the news about the Earth being destroyed (which Zuri still wasn't sure was true). However, now, something was not right. Diego seemed to have... changed somehow. The thought reminded her of a werewolf, except without the physical transformation. Maybe Diego was a mental werewolf. That... still had a human-like consciousness. This other consciousness introduced himself as DX. As DX explained who he was, it seemed to Zuri that he was a special kind of dark side--a manifestation of all the negative stuff he had shut away. A monster of the id--well, maybe more than just the id. The reaches of his subconscious mind that his moralistic sense of justice dare not touch. The elephant's graveyard where even the mightiest of lions were warned not to venture. A side of his personality that he hoped would not reveal itself.

And then she heard what DX said about her.
"ThAt ZuRi... ShE wILl Be ThE oNe To ReScUe DiEgO fRoM hIs SoRrOw... ThAt Is If ShE lOvEs HiM bAcK..."

At that point she halted in place, placing her hand over her own heart. Why her? Was there some mysterious bond between her and Diego? If so, Zuri was not quite ready to accept it. To be honest, the thought of any sort of relationship never crossed her mind. All she wanted was to do what she did best, pursue mysteries.

But is love not a mystery? Zuri thought. In fact, it may be the most elusive mystery of them all...

And it was a mystery Zuri was foreign to more than anything else. She herself had had her own vacillations with love in the past. How could her parents love her, then mysteriously die without telling her why? How could they still love her without telling her anything? Without bothering to do more than appear as brief images before her, bearing smiles rivaling Mona Lisa's in their mystery? And did her grandmother really love her? Did she really love her grandmother? On one hand, it certainly didn't seem like it, given their religious differences and the fact that she just couldn't be herself around her. But yet Zuri felt something somehow, and wondered whether that feeling was even justified. A similar feeling she now felt towards Diego.

Well, whatever her choice in that matter was, it was clear that Diego needed to be snapped out of this. Even Seya was depending on her for such an exorcism, for lack of a better attaching concept. So without wasting any more time, she retreated into the room and looked over the Blue Flame Tiger Bow. Here was one of the Weapons of Light, one that in fact represented one's true spirit. That should do the trick. Though a bit uncertain, she went over and picked it up, also withdrawing an arrow from the quiver. And then she faced out the window again, weapon in hand, arrow drawn and pointing right at Diego's head.

But then she stopped. What if she hurt Diego in the process? Immediately she put down the bow, now heading for the door. But no... Jessica. Dire though Diego's situation was, she couldn't leave the helpless Jessica alone with Milly before them. It was too great a risk. Zuri bit her lip, now starting to panic over what to do.

And then she had an idea, thank goodness. Maybe it would work... just maybe. And maybe Diego would hate her for it. Was she willing to take that risk? For the next few moments, Zuri picked up the arrow she had dropped, now gazing at its tip, making a little blue flame appear on it once more. She closed her eyes.

May this arrow represent my very essence, Zuri spoke mentally to the arrow. May it be endowed with the spirit of the Light. I give thee the power to dispel the shadows, the power to seal away an evil soul. Just like it sealed the evil soul of the minotaur. And...

Opening her eyes once more, Zuri now scuttled over to the nightstand next to Jessica, withdrawing her athame from it. Both times when she crossed the border of the imaginary circle she had cast around Jessica, she parted it temporarily with her hands, making an opening. And then she went back to the window, holding the athame and the arrow tip-to-tip. She reached down and took hold of her bow, her left hand grasping both it and her athame, which was pointed forward. And her right hand held the arrow as usual. With as much concentration as she could muster, she pulled back the arrow, trying to get the aim right... and then let go.

But Zuri gasped in horror and dropped to her knees when she saw the arrow hit Diego not in the left arm as she had hoped, but in the side of the head. Although she didn't see it, the arrow specifically dug right into the top of his left ear, not piercing anything else, but certainly providing a sharp impact to the side of his head. Still, in her mind, she prayed that he would be all right, even though the issue of love was still unsolved at the back of her mind.

Flame Mistress

Jessica Winton
Wielder of the Black Dragon Sword
?

Everything... was gone.*

Everything was utterly gone.*

Jessica found herself flying over not only the District of Arcadia, but over the other districts as well. The Chevalier District, the Zuri District, Downtown, the Industrial Place or whatever they called it... Everything had been flattened - literally. All that remained of the city she had once known and lived in were the now-homeless survivors, some injured and some just simply dazed, and the lone surviving building of New Arc, the AIM Tech Building, and even that'd been reduced to the skeleton of what it had once been. Nothing remained. Nothing. All was lost.*

All hope... was lost.*

Something - or rather someone - familiar caught her sight, and she flew down to take a closer look. What she saw did not exactly strike any grief into her, but instead, she felt pity for the dead boy's brother. Diego's brother lay lifeless under the debris, his lower body having been crushed by the falling building that had trapped both of his legs and all of his abdomen under it, utterly mangled and bloody. Jessica shook her head; the boy didn't deserve to die. He'd never really done anything wrong, apart from charge recklessly at Milly that night. Not even the families of the Guardians of Light had been protected from the destruction of Earth. Had Milly herself killed him? She'd never know.*

She was about to leave Diego's brother when she sensed a dark figure approaching behind her. Jessica turned around and was surprised when she saw an almost exact clone of Diego Vendrix, only, well, darker in a sense. He didn't have glasses on, and his hair was almost completely white, and he was wearing what seemed like the remains of a straitjacket. The most surprising was that this... Diego-clone's eyes were blood red, with needle-like pupils, and coupled with his ridiculously pale skin, he looked like a vampire. "So, I see you have found Sebastian's corpse, Jessica," he said in a dark and ominous voice that was nothing like the real voice of Diego.*

Sebastian. So that was his name. Somehow, knowing his name made Jessica feel even more pity for him. Sebastian wasn't just a dead boy; he'd been a son, a brother, a friend, someone with a real identity. He wasn't a nameless corpse anymore. He was a person who had once been alive. Pity was soon replaced with sorrow, and after that, with grief. Why was she grieving for someone who was practically a stranger, anyway? She just didn't understand. She hadn't felt this way for a stranger before. Why was Sebastian's death bothering her so much?

"How do you know my name?" Jessica replied icily, facing the Diego-clone, staring into his almost soulless eyes; they slightly creeped her out, but she wouldn't let him - whoever he was - know that. "And who are you, anyway? I have no business with you here."

The Diego-clone chuckled, taking a step forward. Jessica did not flinch, and continued to stare at him. "You are very brave, aren't you?" he said, leering at her. "Very brave for a girl. Anyway, how rude of me not to introduce myself. I am DX. I live inside Diego's soul. You may have recognized the similarities between us already - actually, I'm sure that you have."

DX? This... This monster lived inside Diego? Yeah, right. Even Jessica had to agree that, though he was insane, he had a heart of pure gold. Or was that him just suppressing his negative traits by trying to be good? Jessica felt very confused once again. But that wasn't exactly something to dwell on for now. "I don't believe you," she nonchalantly replied, looking away. She wasn't exactly in the mood for talking to her own hallucinations right now.*

"But what I say is the truth," Diego-clone said, perfectly calm and reserved, so much that it almost startled Jessica a bit. "Or should I explain?"

"Please do," Jessica said.*

And so he did. He explained to her about how he had been created, what kind of person Diego truly was, how he was suppressing his negative emotions, how he was struggling to fight DX off... Jessica listened with intense fascination. Was all of this true? If so, why was he telling all of this to her, and not to... Zuri or someone else who actually held a liking to him? "I see that you are wondering why I'm telling you all of this," DX finally concluded, making Jsssica jump. "Y-yes, I am," she replied, trying to maintain her posture.*

"The reason is, yes, Diego can be reckless. Diego can be foolish. But everyone has flaws. Take... Seya, for example - she made a huge mistake in abandoning this world." He looked around at the destruction caused, frosned a little, and started talking again. "I understand that you hate him. I also understand that you have every reason to. But you cannot hate him - or anyone, for that matter - for trying to suppress their own flaws. You cannot hate people for making a real effort. You can hate him for being large and heavy, or for having glasses, or being reckless, or being a Guardian of Light, even. But it is unfair to dislike someone for trying. Don't you agree?"

Jessica stood there, gobsmacked, wondering if this was really happening. Was her own hallucination giving her a... a lecture? Or was it for real? She stared back, and DX lifted his head up to the sky. "I see that you have not made up your mind yet. That is fine with me. But the sooner you do, the sooner you will benefit from your own realization." He then turned his head to face Jessica again. "I feel that the time for me to depart Diego has come near. But I have no objections to that. If anything, I am willing to do so. It is time for me to end his... suffering, you might say." He then tilted his head, and sighed. "I do not know if any of this got into your brain, however intelligent it may be. But I do hope at least some of it did. So, shouldn't you be heading back now?"

"How can I head back if there's no way for me to?"

"That is up to you," DX said, walking away. "But don't ever forget what I said to you - do not crush his dreams. Hate is a very strong emotion for Diego. He doesn't just simply think of it as strong dislike, as you do. So remember that.*Also, I expect you to play matchmaker - a small one, at the very least." And with that, he vanished.*

Yes. Jessica had heard everything crystal clear. But her mind was anything but crystal clear at the moment.*

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
Hunter || Seya
New Magostra - Day 2

“Long time no see. How about you put that boy down? I mean ain’t it kinda pathetic that the destroyer of Earth needs a hostage? Especially an uninvolved one? How ‘bout you just put him down and fight, fair game.”

“I can give you another kiss if you just come over here, y'know! Would help you get some more expertise in on that area, you seemed pretty inexperienced the last time. Inexperienced and cute. I thought I spied a blush too~”

Michel played it cool. He tried luring her in with his wordplay. “You pig!” Milly was absolutely disgusted with his insinuations but then her psycho kicked in. She smirked at Michel. “A hostage? No… He’s not a hostage…” As deadly as she was, Milly was not one to keep things hush; she was as blunt as they came. “The boy … Is not for me … He’s simply a bargaining chip for something much greater … Nothing a simple mind like yours can even begin to understand …” As she spoke her tone gradually lowered, disregarding those around her.

Before tensions could escalate to dangerous heights, Zuri interfered, trying to justify her companion’s actions. "Stop it!" Zuri shouted. "Listen, everyone, no matter how good their intentions are, has a dark side. In some people it's more pronounced than others, and in some it has a tendency to leak out when the will becomes weak! So before you criticise Diego for what he did, consider why he did it. Did Milly not just announce that the Earth was destroyed? That everyone on it was dead? Nobody's expected to be perfect here! Just because we're the Guardians of Light does not necessarily mean that we are entirely pure! And the same goes for you, Milly."

Milly laughed at Zuri’s remarks. She pointed at the frightened Blooboni and laughed manically. “Ha ha ha! Are you mad? Look around you! Do you think anyone who can cause so much fear and despair can truly have any Light? I swear to you, girl, being so naïve will be the end of you…”

Seya had enough. They had to know. She had to tell them. Hearing such words from Zuri made her nervous … “everyone, no matter how good their intentions are, has a dark side”

Seya turned to Zuri and then Diego. As she looked at Diego her heart sunk. “You don’t understand … The moment I blessed you with the Light … You became a part of it and it of you … None of you has any darkness … “ With an equally painful stare, she turned to Milly and even Hunter. “And they … are pure darkness… I gave up my immortality to save Hunter’s soul from the Eternal Darkness… Without a pure heart there would be no way to restore the balance… ”

Diego, under a strange trance spoke to Seya. She did not like what she was hearing. It did not make any sense to her. He was supposed to be free of any chains that ever bound him. She looked at Diego once more and dropped her head in disbelief; in her heart, she had failed the boy and it tore her apart…She felt numb with guilt.

Just after Seya had finished speaking, Zuri proposed Milly a dangerous invitation. “Lie? I assure you, girl … Everyone you ever knew is gone… dismissed…consumed by the Eternal Darkness…Do you really want me to go in there? Would you really doom her that way, never to wake again?”

Suddenly Kess appeared, ready to battle. “We can’t let anyone get hurt by this… witch!” She said. Seconds later, Carly arrived. She stood there, right next to Kess. "Look *****, I'm going to ask you nicely. Let the boy go." She said with a glare in her eyes. Carly hesitated for a second. She had to come up with something quick. "Hey, it isn't him you want, right ****er? Why don't you take me instead? Just let go of him!" She finally shouted.

*Sigh*

“I’ll say it again, just for your dumb ass… he boy serves me no purpose and you would serve even less… I’m turning him in for –“She paused and pointed at Seya. “Her power…!”

Seya had no time to react when she saw an arrow go straight for Diego’s fore head. It was Zuri. She had taken it upon herself to rid Diego of whatever problems he was having. Seya hoped to the Light it would work, for if Zuri’s sacred Blue flame arrow failed, she’d have no choice but to give her life to rid him of his issues… Her mind was set. They would have to go on without her … She couldn’t let any of them fail. She’d do the same for any of them. Jess, Carly, Michel, Zuri, Kess and Diego …

Hunter turned to Milly, challenging her. He locked eyes with her. Hunter knew exactly what he was dealing with. He had been in her place just moments ago. “You…annoy me…”

Milly knew all about Hunter and his secrets or so she thought. “I’m not scared of you! I know exactly what you are… I promise…” She licked her lips and said, “I eat kids like you for breakfast!”

Just before Hunter could take the bait, the sound of horns off in the distance, startled him. Then there was chanting… The Blooboni began to panic. In a matter of minutes they ran for their homes until the streets were cleared. Then, further down the street, along the horizon, a group of hooded figures appeared. They chanted as they approached. They marched slowly in a circular pattern, carrying a large shrine in the center.

Milly looked at them with curiosity. “I was beginning to think you were too scared to show up!” She flashed from the rooftop and appeared right in front of the group of shrouded Blooboni. The Blooboni in front stepped up towards Milly and removed his shroud. His skin was red and his face as wasted by age as could be.

Hunter set his sight on the shrine they carried, his mind quickly at work. Finally…

Milly handed Puck over to what appeared to be the leader of the mysterious new group. Before Seya or her champions could react, the red Blooboni lifted Puck towards the sky and chanted … “Black Lordes, whose treachery is unmatched! The Black Cirlce calls you forth!”

Suddenly the sky became dark and dark winds began to take speed. Milly gripped the red Blooboni from the throat. “Where is Seya’s power!? You said you’d have it!” There was an evil thirst embedded within her eyes.

“Why of course my dear…” He pointed at the shrine and with his dark magic, flung the shrine door open. A portal was revealed within the shrine. The red Blooboni gave Milly a treacherous smile and said, “Right through there my dear, you will find Seya’s power.

Milly wasted no time and bolted into the shrine. The red Blooboni laughed and conjured a mystic barrier, right before Seya and her Guardians could react.

Seya looked to her Guardians and with a desperate tone said, “My essence, it’s within the shrine! We must recover it!”

The red Blooboni smiled; he and his followers were protected by a powerful dark magic. Then, from the dark heavens, three powerful entities descended, causing the leader of the Black Cirlce to laugh even more. “Muahahaha! Tremble at the presence of New Magostra’s evil gods! The three Black Lorde Knigths!”

Three powerful enemies approached. They resembled knights but their ominous black armour spoke everything but honour. They reeked of despair. Born of the desperation and murder of countless Blooboni, they were now unleashed upon New Magostra. Each Black Lorde carried a very powerful weapon, a black lance, an enormous mace and a scepter.

Hunter eyed the enemy with the lance. He gripped him forearm and slightly bending his knees, placed a foot forward. His right hand began crackling with red static.

As they descended to separate loactions, the cowardly evil doer chanted their evil names. The evil god with the mace touched ground first. “Oriah!” Then, the lorde with the scepter arrived. “Ferros!” Before the third dark lorde could touch ground, Hunter went after him. “Hizeah! Destroy him!”

Gripping his charged forearm, Hunter bolted across rooftops. He jumped high into the sky, right into the dark god, Hizeah. As he charged right into his opponent, Hunter opened the palm of his hand, ready to strike with all his power. “Raaaa…!”

Seya yelled at Zuri, “I’ll take care of Jessica! We need you in battle!” Looking back at her Guardians, she hovered towards the window. “My Guardians! We face three terrible opponents! We must fight smart! Alone we cannot win! Two of you must stop each one! Do not abandon each other for as second!” Seya was desperate, before entering the room, she turned to Michel. “Michel you must do something! Your friends and I need you!”

~~~~

((OCC: Before you post, wait for further instructions on the discussion board!))

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix

Diego then suddenly began shaking when the blue flamed arrow hit him in the head.

SeE... eVeN iN tHe EnD, zUrI aTtEmPtEd To HuRt YoU... eVeRyOnE wIlL bEtRaY yOu... DX told Diego.

However, Diego felt warmth...

He felt as if Zuri was telling him... everything will be all right... She had no animosity for his flaws... He remembered how Seya sacrificed her immortality to save him. He remembered Carly's comforting words... He though of how Kess was trying to hold back the girl... He though of Michel's guts standing up despite having not gained the boots as well as with Jess...

He remembered all their flaws... Diego looked to DX. He closed his eyes and DX smiled before he was sucked in back to Diego. Diego glowed slightly before Diego opened his eyes. They held... determination.

+9999 EXP
LEVEL UP!

DIEGO UNLOCKED THE POWER OF SELF-CONFIDENCE!

Diego wielded his staff which now had a gold fabric band on it. Diego looked to Zuri with pure admiration and affection.

"Thank you, Zuri. Thank you so much," Diego said before he faced that Hunter was currently fighting the lancer. His mind began working into an idea.

"Carly, cover Hunter. You're the fastest out of us and the lancer seems to be based on speed," Diego said as he observed the lancer's style of attacking.

Who said video games were uneducational?

Diego observed the mace wielder. "He's the heavy person, slow but powerful, so someone who could take the most damage should fight him," Diego said before he looked at the scepter wielder.

"This guy is the mage. Most likely the spell-slinger. That means we need someone to handle him long-range while someone goes to disable him," Diego said as he looked at the scepter wielder, apparently named Ferros.

"This is all from what I can see. If anyone else has an idea, I am all ears," Diego said as he held his staff in a defensive stance as he looks at Ferros. He shot a a stream of water at Ferros, it would allow him to see what the dark mage could do.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Kess Andrews
Day 2 – New Magostra

It was all so confusing. Was Milly using Puck as… as a trade? A trade for Seya’s power? But, that didn’t make any sense. Where would she find Seya’s power? Her essence?

Obviously, she didn’t have to find it. Because, to Kess’ disbelief, horns blew. Soon, a group of figures appeared, in a circle formation. They chanted and surrounded a large shrine that they carried towards Milly. Kess’ heart did a double back-flip. The shrine gave off such warmth and kindness, similar to the aura Seya had. It had to be her essence. But the darker auras of destruction and anger surrounding the group were more obvious. They had to be the Black Circle. Of this Kess had no doubt.

They chanted something about ‘Black Lordes’ as Milly handed Puck to their leader. The skies turned dark, winds howling. She struggled to stay on her feet on the rooftops as dark figures, darker than the Black Circle, appeared in the sky. One held a terrifyingly enormous mace, probably only slightly smaller than she was. Another held a black lance that emanated darkness. The last held a scepter of dark magic.

All of these Blacks Lordes reeked of despair and destruction. It made Kess queasy to think about it.

Diego, who had been struck by one of Zuri’s arrows, seemed cured of his darkness, or DX, for the time being. DX frightened her, but he, or it, wasn’t Diego. That was probably why she hadn’t ranted off at him for his recklessness. She could relate. Vaguely.

Diego suggested a game plan, before firing some water at ‘Ferros’, the Lorde with the scepter. Kess’ mind whirred into gear, trying to remember her usefulness against the Minotaur and who she could fight best against. She wasn’t the best at video games, but from what she could gather she was mostly strength orientated. And somewhat speed too. So, slam the mace guy, ‘Oriah’.

“I’ll take the creep with the mace.” She said, readying her gauntlets. The lions on the back of her gauntlets gleamed white, ice beginning to coat them for an extra smash effect and plus damage. At least, as far as her limited knowledge of games was concerned.

Jumping into the sky, she summoned her vague water vapor. It was slightly more solid than the day – or was it a few days? – before. She hovered at a spot where she could take a good aim at a weak point – she knew well enough that chinks in armor were around the various major joints. So, strike at those points from a distance, then slam them with her gauntlets? Vague plans worked best, she guessed.

Raising a hand, she summoned a large ball of ice, scattered with icy spikes. Concentrating, she fired this orb at the head of Oriah, the Mace Lorde. Yup, that was what she was going to think of him as. Until she found some way to defeat him, that is.

In the very least she hoped the ice shards in the thing’s face might halter his movement for someone else to slam him like a tank. That, or at best it would freeze its neck so it couldn’t move it, giving someone a chance to circle around.

Hopefully.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Caroline McNamara
New Magostra - Day 2

To Carly's surprise, the girl did not budge, still keeping her grip on Puck. Hunter confronted her, but she just brushed him off, claiming she ate "kids" for breakfast. Yeah, right. However, soon after, the sound of horns blew into her ears, followed by the scrambling of the Blooboni back to their homes and the arrival of an ominous-looking group of hooded figures carrying a large shrine. They then formed a circle around it.

Milly handed Puck to who seemed to be the leader, a red-faced Blooboni, who them took him in his hands.

“Black Lordes, whose treachery is unmatched! The Black Circle calls you forth!” He started chanting as he lifted Puck up towards the sky. As if by response, the sky grew dark and shadowy winds whipped to gale force. Carly tried to stand her ground the best she could as she watched the girl demand for Seya's essence. The Blooboni pointed at the shrine, to which Seya responded.

“My essence, it’s within the shrine! We must recover it!” She cried out, just as three ominous figures descended from the dark sky. One of them carried a dangerous-looking mace, another wielded a scepter that Carly noticed was magical, and the last bore a long, black lance. They called themselves Oriah, Ferros and Hizeah respectively. Carly looked at all three of them for a moment. Their presence made her feel rather sick to her stomach. Definitely not a good sign. Hunter went forward and seemed to have charged his right arm, before leaping up and attacking Hizeah. She noticed the lance-wielder's movements. Definitely swift and agile.

"Carly, cover Hunter. You're the fastest out of us and the lancer seems to be based on speed." Diego called out, echoing what was on Carly's mind. The redhead knew from her past battles that her speed was her advantage, and that her attack power was great, yet she knew she somehow lacked in vitality, based on how her mind drained out pretty quickly after using a few not-so-powerful Wind spells. Looking up at the three, Hizeah seemed the least likely to knock her out.

Carly leapt and took to the skies, swinging her scythe and allowing her Wind magic to imbue it with its power. As she got closer, she zipped behind the Lancer and flipped in the air, before proceeding to slash his back repeatedly with her Wind-infused scythe. Twisting upwards, she then went on to unleash a number of small yet swift whirlwinds at his head, hopefully to distract him.

Hold on, Hunter. I've got your back.

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
Hunter || Seya
New Magostra - Enter: The Black Lorde Knights

Hunter bolted his fully charged fist straight into Hizeah’s face but the evil Lorde was faster. Hizeah quickly blocked the attack with his powerful lance and swatted Hunter down into the ground. Hunter was sent flying at incredible speed but was able to land on his feet, sliding from the powerful blow.

Damn…

Hunter looked to the sky. Carly confronted Hizeah. Infusing her powerful scythe with the power of the wind, she relentlessly slashed away at their opponent. She was able to cut deep but to Hunter’s surprise, the wounds began to heal.

Carly continued her assault, launching several whirlwinds at Hizeah. The evil Lorde quickly moved to the side, just fast enough to evade Carly's attacks. *Fwooosh!*

Taking advantage of the opening, Hunter acted quickly. Once more he bolted, this time jumping off a wall to gain momentum. Hunter appeared to strike Hizeah but actually went right through him. Hunter was puzzled. How did I miss him!? He was right in front of me! Ready to battle, Hunter looked around in search of his opponent. Carly hovered right above Hunter; he looked up and said, "Caroline... do you see him?"

Right before she answered, Hizeah appeared on the ground in front of them. Hunter was ready to strike once more but halted; he felt a disturbing presence. Without losing sight of Hizeah, Hunter looked on both sides through his peripheral vision. Hizeah had split into three separate spirits. He and Carly were surrounded.

~~~

Diego launched a swift stream of water straight at Ferros. The dark mage was quick to conjure a dark barrier, deflecting the attack. The impact caused a small explosion, concealing the evil mage. The dark mist cleared but Ferros was nowhere in sight. Suddenly a portal appeared behind Diego; it was Ferros. Before Diego could react, he quickly grabbed him from the throat and dragged him in. Ferros dragged Diego hundreds of miles across New Magostra. Diego was thrown into an enormous hall, inside a cursed castle.

The portal was quickly closing, letting just enough time for one person to jump in.

~~~

Kess went after Oriah. She blasted him with a powerful ice orb. The orb simply shattered upon contact with Oriah's massive helmet. The dark Lorde move slow but with each step, the ground beneath him sunk. Using both hands, Oriah lifted his giant mace and struck the ground beneath him.

*Crumble!*

The blow was so devastating, it ripped a giant hole in the ground. The hole literally led hundreds of meters deep into the lava caverns of New Magostra! The evil Lorde went after Kess, his intentions clear...
~~~

EDIT 1: ((OCC: This is a boss fight so please continue ending your post as you are. I'll decide whether an attack goes through or not. As we progress through more boss fights, I will give you more liberties so you don't feel constricted.))

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Day II Dark Castle-> Inn- New Magostra

Diego saw that his attack got deflected and the smoke was cleared. He was then grabbed by the throat and dragged through portal. He got thrown into an enormous hallway. Diego managed to recover as he faced the portal. Diego looked and noticed Ferros was there. Diego realized he had no time for games. He went a stream of water at Ferros before he began skating toward Ferros using the lesser friction of the water. He went fast enough to smack Ferros upside the head. Diego wasn't sure how much magic he could use. Diego realized he needed to get this guy down.

No matter what the cost.

Diego stood calm as the still river as he examined what the evil scepter user would do now.

"Why did you drag me to this nightmarish place, you hubris madman?" Diego questioned as he began thinking of what to do next.

He also kept his eye on the portal. Man, he wasn't sure if he could beat this guy on his own.

Diego wished Zuri was here.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Michel Lefèbvre
(Future) Wielder of the Stallion Boots of Gaia

So many things happened so fast Michel actually had a hard time keeping up. First Diego showed off how in denial he was about his anger issues by claiming he wasn’t Diego at all and how he wasn’t reckless – yeah, right – and after that he was shot… in the head. At first Michel thought Zuri had snapped, but looking back up at the window, her face didn’t bear any signs of such. Diego didn’t seem really hurt either. How could he not, there was an arrow-

Magic, Mich. Just roll with it.

The pigtailed girl didn’t end up attacking him in the end, instead announcing the boy was no hostage and how it was no lie the Earth was destroyed. People seemed to be all sorts of messed up upon hearing that, but Michel just folded his arms and cocked his head in amusement. Another ‘yeah, right.’ Was he really supposed to believe a single chick destroyed the Earth? Come on now. Then again, this was still a dream, right? So even if she did tell the truth, it was just the dream version of Earth that was destroyed… right? When he’d go back home later, he’d still find his sister there, nagging at him for leaving her alone, stealing his hair products and being an all around annoying prick, just like always. This was just a dream that pretty much bordered on being a nightmare by now. Yeah.

And that’s what Michel tried telling himself over and over again as none of them could but watch when the little boy was handed over to some hooded creep and lifted in the air like as an offering, a sacrifice to gods or something equally squicky. He repeated the thought, his hands shaking a little as doubt tried to force its way into his mind. Doubt and… quilt, for just standing there and lying to himself when a little kid was in trouble.

Mich, come on, you’ve realized it some time ago by now, right? This ain’t no dream.

He knew that. He didn't need himself telling him that. A lump started to form in his throat and Michel tried to swallow it away desperately, but to no avail. His sister could be dead. That little boy could be dead any second now. He shouldn’t have cared but he did. And god damn it he wished he didn’t. It was easier just living for yourself and thinking of everything as just a game with no real impact on him. It was easier when things… were easy. Now they were faced with three messed up Gods with even less fashion sense than Mr. Freak Circus did, and he still didn’t have a weapon. Definitely not easy. Definitely not fun.

For a short moment Michel thought of just throwing his hands up in the air and saying “fuck this, I’m outta here”. Sure, he had fought against Minotaurs – if running around flailing could be count as fighting anyway – and a little girl which beat him up something else in the end, but gods? Yeaaah, kinda outta his league. And if this really was real life, if this wasn’t a dream, he didn’t want to die. This wasn’t his problem anyway. These Guardians Snowball kept talking about, he wasn’t one of them anyway, was he? There had to be a reason why he didn’t have a weapon like the rest, and the only conclusion he could come to was that he wasn’t supposed to have a weapon in the first place. They got the wrong guy.

Some feet away Snowball was talking to everyone, giving them advice on how to fight against the three gods or something, and Michel couldn’t but shake his head. They were seriously going to run up there and challenge deities? For what? Not like they had a chance anyway. ‘Sides, eight lives for one boy? Didn’t seem reasonable, he didn’t like the kid quite that much.

He’d bail.

Michel had barely managed to turn around however, when he heard Snowball's voice from behind him, as if she had realized what he was about to do.

“Michel you must do something! Your friends and I need you!”

Michel stopped dead in his tracks and turned around. A cat was giving him advice again. A cat that probably wasn’t even a cat but some deity of some sort like she said anyway.

“What’cha want me to do?" Michel asked, shrugging. Then he pointed towards the three gods, which few of them had started to take on already. "I don’t think rocks’re gonna work on those, y’know.”

Michel sighed. “Look, Snowball,I appreciate the trust and all, but I really don’t think I’m the right guy for the job. I ain’t the fighting type, you dig? I’m an artist. I excel in beauty, not in brawn and something tells me throwing up a fashion show ain’t gonna help much here.”

He shook his head, the sounds of the others thinking up plans and attacking filling his ears, though he blocked them out quite effectively. He didn’t want to hear. He didn’t want to care.

“So, Snowb – Seya, right? Look, I’m outta here. It’s been fun, say bye to all the chicks for me, will ya?” He turned around to leave, but with his voice slightly more serious, he sighed and added a silent: “But just... save the lil chap for me if you can. I’d appreciate it.”

And with that, he breathed in and took his first running step away from the group.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Zuri Watkinson
New Magostra

Zuri was relieved when Diego seemed to come back to his senses. It pleased her to know that her magic actually worked. In fact, it did more than that. It gave her confidence. Confidence that she did in fact have power over certain things. It was something she couldn't quite imagine before. In the past several years, whenever she performed a ritual or made a prayer or sent a blessing, the results were always ambiguous. Magic just was that way--often times its results were uncertain or unexpected. It was, after all, a Mystery. But now, here was a case where the healing prayer Zuri made for Diego actually had an immediate effect. It was nothing short of miraculous.

But now was not the time for celebration, for danger was lurking. Some Blooboni secret society called the Black Circle came along, holding a shrine believed to contain Seya's power. And Milly leapt at the opportunity. Milly was right--the boy didn't really matter anymore. For from the darkness above, three dark knights descended upon the land, causing Blooboni everywhere to flee the scene. Smart move on their part. But the Guardians had no option to flee. With the powers of Light contained in them, they bore the responsibility of assuaging such evil forces.

And to think that Seya had given up her immortality to prevent Hunter from turning to the dark side... such an act was one Zuri had only read about in fantasy novels. But Zuri knew there had to be something more to it than just that. Hunter was clearly an important piece in this puzzle, and he had to have had a close relationship with either Seya or the supreme evil forces that threaten the world, or maybe both.

Anyway, Zuri knew nothing about combat strategy, so she trusted Diego in his advice. She wanted to go up against Ferros in the first place anyway, as she knew that scepters usually had magical power behind them. And Zuri was comfortable facing up to dark magic, rather than those with powerful physical attacks (she would have hated to be crushed by that mace, especially). In fact, she probably wouldn't even need to leave the window. As she watched Diego go in with his staff, she readied an arrow, looking for the perfect opportunity to fire it...

And then something surprising happened. Well, Ferros blocking the water wave was typical, Zuri thought. But then he vanished and reappeared behind Diego, dragging him into a portal. Looking around, she couldn't see Ferros reappearing anywhere. Meaning only one thing: she had to somehow get into the portal as well. Only problem was, would she make it in time? Here she was still in the upstairs bedroom, and there was the portal just past the foot of the building. And it was shrinking, fast.

Zuri had no time, neither to turn around and run down the stairs, nor to be concerned about her own safety at this point. She pushed her way through the window and leapt right onto the roof. Once she landed, she tripped on her own sandals and fell forward... but she caught herself with her feet before she could do a faceplant into the roof. And then she had no choice but to run straight down the roof, jump off the edge, and dive right into the portal, bow first.

Next thing she knew, she was rolling along a finely carpeted floor. As she took a quick glance around, she realised she was in a castle of some sort. And Ferros and Diego were there--in fact, further down the hallway, there was water on the floor, probably from the staff. So it was water and fire against iron. It reminded Zuri of forging weapons.

Anyway, while Ferros was (hopefully) still distracted from Diego's attack, Zuri seized the opportunity to shoot a blue flaming arrow at the crease between his leg and hip, while still laying on her side. After the arrow hit, she finally pushed herself into a standing position, preparing for whatever spell Ferros dared send her way.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Kess Andrews
New Magostra

It was completely obvious now. This mace wielding freak was extremely strong. Strong enough to take an ice orb to the head, and strong enough to basically rip a hole in a planet.

Kess was almost regretting her decision to fight the heavy hitter of the Lordes.

Her ice orb shattered on impact with Oriah’s helmet, but didn’t seem to do anything other than be a minor annoyance. Oriah then took a few steps forward, the ground shuddering slightly as he did. She set herself back down on the ground and steadied herself. She was no good in the air, she knew that much.

Oriah raised his massive mace into the sky, casting deep, dark shadows around him. He then slammed his mace into the ground, causing massive tremors.

Kess stumbled and fell, this time not from a great height. And it didn’t hurt anywhere near as much as during her fight with the Minotaur.

A hole was ripped in the earth where the mace had struck, leading down to large pools of lava. Even being deep under the earth, the reddish glow still reached Oriah, making him look even more frightening and devilish.

Oriah advanced towards Kess, its intentions clear. It intended to smash her, the annoying pest she was, into the ground. She’d fall through the earth to the lava caverns below, and she wouldn’t be able to fly her way up by any means.

She scrabbled backwards before realizing this put her back to back with the inn. She cursed softly, clenching her fists. Great. This was probably a rule in combat – don’t get stuck without an escape route or any back up. She had no back up. Zuri and Diego had vanished into a portal that Ferros, the Scepter Lorde, had created. And the portal was closed now.

Carly and Hunter had their hands full with the incredibly speedy Hizeah, who had surrounded them by being incredibly sneaky.

And Kess could not depend on Seya for assistance, since she was already at risk due to having given up her immortality to purify Hunter or some such.

So, all she had was Michel.

Who promptly went up to Seya, said something and started running away.

Oh crap. I am officially dead meat. There goes ever seeing Sarah again. Tears welled in her eyes at the mere prospect. This big metal lump was going to kill her, if no-one helped. She simply didn’t have the power to deflect his mace when he brought it down to destroy her.

“Michel, help!” she cried desperately. “You-You have the Stallion Boots of Gaia! You can help! Please!”

She bit her lip. “We can’t save anyone if you don’t help us!”

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
Unknown Location

A shady figure walks along a dark path. He approaches an ominous stairway, built of black marble. The sound of thunder roars in the background as he begins to climb; his face is illuminated by the occasional lighting strike. He walks until he reaches the highest point. In front of him is an ungodly throne where an omnipotent figure, covered by utter darkness, sits. Gabriel has come to deliver news to the one he both serves and fears.

Gabriel bowed his head before his master and then spoke. “They’re in New Magostra, my Dark Lord…”

With a bone-chilling screech that could very well destroy mountains, the dark deity answered, “Excellent. I fully expect Seya and her Guardians will not make it out of New Magostra …”

“Of course, my Lord. As we speak, they face New Magostra’s Black Knights …”

“What a joke … Tell me, Gabriel, did you see him?

… “We spoke … Milly was there as well, my Lord … Did she really destroy the Earth?”

“No. Milly didn’t do anything. I did. Gabriel, I summoned you here for a reason …”

“My humblest apologies, my Lord … The trap is set.” A tear withered down Gabriel’s cheek. “Hunter will die.”

Hunter || Seya

Diego managed to smack Ferros upside the head but did not do much. Ferros, like the other two Black Lorde Knights, did not have a physical body; they were pure malice embodied within cursed armor. Ferros was not affected whatsoever by physical attacks. It would take high concentrations of magic to best him. Unfortunately, Diego could not afford himself the luxury of time. He’d have to improvise.

Answering his prayers, Zuri maneuvered through the portal and immediately attacked the dark mage. She fired an arrow with her mighty Blue Flame Tiger Bow. The arrow managed to pierce Ferros’ armor but the wound quickly regenerated.

Ferros took to the air and lifted his scepter. The dark staff began to emit purple haze, soon covering the entire great hall. From the purple haze, shadows began to emerge. In a matter of seconds, Diego and Zuri were trapped with dozens of evil souls. Ferros gripped his scepter with both hands and began to twist in a circular motion, firing powerful fire-bolts at the two Guardians.

~

Kess was cornered. Oriah, with his massive stature, stood dead in front of her, completely overshadowing her. Kess trembled and shouted for Michel. The towering beast grabbed Kess in one fell swoop. Tightening his grip on Kess, Oriah bent his knees and jumped into the eternal hole, straight to the fiery pits of New Magostra! Upon impact, the entire ground trembled. He flung Kess as hard as he could, right into the cavern wall. Kessandra was deep in the lava caverns. All that separated Oriah from her was a giant pool of lava. Unfortunately, there were platforms of rock floating, unstable as they were. Oriah did not move fast but he possessed a powerful leap. Resting his giant mace against his shoulder, the Black Knight Lorde fast approached Kess, ready to destroy.

~

The “Hizeah Trinity” surrounded Carly and Hunter. The Black Knight began to run circles around the pair. Faster and faster, Hizeah ran in all directions until a giant sphere was formed, encasing Carly and Hunter inside. No one could interfere now. Carly and Hunter were trapped with Hizeah inside this dark force field.

Hunter desperately searched in all directions for his opponent but Hizeah was moving so fast that it was increasingly difficult to keep track of his movements. “Caroline! Don’t lose him!”

There he was! Right in front of him! Hunter launched forward with his red lighting fist. Hizeah’s double approached Hunter from the side also ready to strike. As he pressed his dark lance downward, Hunter quickly flipped sideways and caught the weapon but was pinned down to the ground. The original took his chance and attempted to pierce Hunter while he struggled with the first doppelganger. A split second before fatally wounding Hunter, he was surprised by a powerful blow to the back of the head. Hizeah was fast but so was Hunter. Hunter smashed Hizeah headfirst into the ground, causing dust to lift. As soon as the dust cleared, Hizeah was gone. All three spirits flashed towards Carly. Hunter bolted after them.

~

Michel took off, without real explanation, he left. There was not much Seya could say. She stayed back, the distance between her and Michel fast increasing. Her expression told it all. Why are you doing this to us Michel? You abandon me when I need you most… Her eyes could not shed any more tears but her heart cried itself out…
She had to be strong; she could not leave Jessica alone. Quickly, Seya jumped to the window and into the room where Jessica lay.

Seya was now in the room with Jessica. She hovered towards the window, making sure no one would surprise them. She looked down and saw the Black Circle still held their dark force field. There was nothing she could do, not in this state. Not as a mortal. She returned to Jessica’s side, on the bed. With a mixture of compassion and guilt, she fixed her attention at the girl, hoping she’d wake soon.

~

Milly found herself lost in a bizarre alternate reality. Everything around her was nothingness. Then, off in the distance, a light appeared. She quickly jolted towards the mysterious light. A mystic orb hovered mid-air, right in front of her. “Could this be…?” She cautiously and uncertainly reached for the orb. As her fingers came in contact with the white orb, it soon turned pitch black. The orb began to release ungodly amount of corrupted energy. Milly was soon consumed by all the extraordinary power. She cried, “AAAAAAGH!!!” Her pupils turned pitch black; her hair became undone and swirled mid-air from the raw power…

~

((OCC: Please continue ending your post with major attacks and I will decide if they go through or not. Before you post, ask me if you have any questions about anything, I'll be more than happy to clarify))

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Caroline McNamara
New Magostra - Day 2

Carly looked around with dread as Hizeah split into three. How the hell was she going to hit all of them? Or if two out of the three were illusions, the real Hizeah? Immediately after, the three started running circles around her and Hunter, so quickly that it seemed like they were trapped by a dark wall.

“Caroline! Don’t lose him!” Hunter called out as Carly tried to concentrate on how she was going to hit them. Suddenly, Hunter went forward and struck Hizeah with his red lighting fist. The double went in for an attack, but Hunter was able to catch his weapon but was pinned down. The real Hizeah then tried to attack. Hunter however, was faster, smashing the god down.

The battle however, was far from over. The next thing Carly knew, Hizeah and his two clones were quickly closing in on her, Hunter chasing them. They were fast. Extremely fast. She didn't know what to do at first. Her last attacks missed and she did not want the same thing to happen again.

What do I do? What do I do?

Hizeah's sphere-barrier quickly flashed into her mind. The blinding speed, the advantages it had... Hizeah may have been fast, but Carly then understood that she was probably just as swift, probably even quicker, she was after all of the Wind, the swiftest of the six elements. What stumped her however, was the fact that it was Hizeah and both of his clones that pulled it off. Carly herself had no clones, and she knew not how to make some. They were closing in very quickly. Any second, she would be hit. She tried to think as much as she could, more than she ever did in school. Math was one thing but this? It was practically life-and-death. There had to be something.

She again remembered her own whirlwind attacks, and then the dark sphere again, how quick Heziah's circular movements were, around and around...like a tornado.

If he ran that quickly and did that...can I possibly...spin, like a twister?

She did not have anymore time to doubt herself. She had to either take her chance or die. Standing her ground, she imbued her scythe with some more Wind power, knowing she needed more to pull it off, and told herself to tough out the dizziness for as long as she could. Raising herself off the ground again, she held her scythe with both hands and slowly started to spin. Silvery wind started emerging from the scythe's end, in a circular motion as Carly completed her first turn. Quickening her pace, she kept on spinning, the gales around herself strengthening in power until the twister covered her completely. Seeing Heziah and his two clones, she twisted even faster, allowing her scythe to swiftly slash at them once, twice, thrice, as she kept at it, before closing her eyes and concentrating even harder, forcing herself to keep going.