• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Edge of Neo Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

Ah my first recruit, welcome to the archaea division, I will add you to OP ASAP enjoy your time, for being my first I present you with 30 DP and welcome again.

Awesome, now a stupid question, what do you mean by 'OP'?

EonDragonFTW

"OP" can either mean "Over-Powered" (Adjective) or "Original Post" (Noun)

Hey guys, how many of you are buying X/Y (if so, which one?)
Cuz We might be doing 6th gen functionality to our wars/war teams, and we will be doing Wifi for 6th gen battles (that is, until a decent simulator is made for Gen VI)

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
"OP" can either mean "Over-Powered" (Adjective) or "Original Post" (Noun)

Hey guys, how many of you are buying X/Y (if so, which one?)
Cuz We might be doing 6th gen functionality to our wars/war teams, and we will be doing Wifi for 6th gen battles (that is, until a decent simulator is made for Gen VI)
Y for sure, love Yvetal. This is going to be the best generation ever. 3D graphics, Super Training, 700+ Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, Pokemon-Amie, PSS, Trainer Customization........do I need to say more? I can't see a simulator coming for a while. But is that how battles are done on guilds!? Sorry I haven't been around since clans so rules may be different.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly

There are no stupid questions here my friend feel free to ask and I can help you In anyway I can and i use it to mean opening page lol I paid of Y already so I can just go pick it up when it comes out lol I didn't want a deer legendary cover XD

EonDragonFTW

Y for sure, love Yvetal. This is going to be the best generation ever. 3D graphics, Super Training, 700+ Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, Pokemon-Amie, PSS, Trainer Customization........do I need to say more? I can't see a simulator coming for a while. But is that how battles are done on guilds!? Sorry I haven't been around since clans so rules may be different.

I am getting Y cuz Yveltal too, and I agree that this'll be the best gen ever cuz reasons said above.
And...
It isn't necessarily a rule for battles to be done on sims, but it is mainstream, and most Guilds/Clans (they are essentially the same thing, so no rule change) battle on Pokemon Showdown! (the simulator, here, no download required). It's just that it's easier to do battles on sims instead of wifi as of gen V cuz its much faster/convenient, but you can still battle on wifi too if you want.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I am getting Y cuz Yveltal too, and I agree that this'll be the best gen ever cuz reasons said above.
And...
It isn't necessarily a rule for battles to be done on sims, but it is mainstream, and most Guilds/Clans (they are essentially the same thing, so no rule change) battle on Pokemon Showdown! (the simulator, here, no download required). It's just that it's easier to do battles on sims instead of wifi as of gen V cuz its much faster/convenient, but you can still battle on wifi too if you want.
What starter are you choosing?

Oh good i prefer wifi battles really. Sims just take the fun out of trading and training I think.

EonDragonFTW

What starter are you choosing?

Oh good i prefer wifi battles really. Sims just take the fun out of trading and training I think.

You have a good point about wifi battles.

I believe I will be choosing Froakie (I really want it to evolve into a water fighting adbass ninja frog.

Ditto24

There are no stupid questions here my friend feel free to ask and I can help you In anyway I can and i use it to mean opening page lol I paid of Y already so I can just go pick it up when it comes out lol I didn't want a deer legendary cover XD

Derp xD Ok I'm with you now

Also I'm getting both versions coz I already had a 3DS and I should be able to splash out a lil bit extra so yay. But If I was only allowed 1 I'd still be undecided right now, coz I prefer Yveltal but I love Clauncher and Swirlix :S

My starter is also confirmed and I'm part of the minority and will be picking Froakie.

EonDragonFTW

Woohoo, Froakie all the way!
I really wonder how the meta game will be affected by these mega evos. I mean, they completely blow everything out of proportion ! Will they be banned, will there be a new tier? Battle format? who knows! Sky's the limit with x and y!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I'd suggest doing Skype private chat for the guild cause its easy to use it has instant live response so you see when people say something and don't have to keep reloading pages plus it works on phones, my smart phone and my cousins iPhone at least, Eon if you want to try it out go ahead and try it out I can give you my Skype name

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Woop! Go Fennekin!

I'm saving Froaks until the third version/sequels whatever, and I'm using Fennekin in Y and Chespin in X.

I'm sure that certain mega evos, like Mewtwo's, Blaziken's and maybe Lucario's will get a new tier, but I'm thinking that maybe Ampharos, Absol and Mawile will stay in standard.

MegaAbsol will probably be OU, as a rival Magic Bouncer to Espeon, since it's immune to it's STAB, and can abuse Espeon's low defense, and it may possibly out speed it!

Yikes. MegaMawile, OU or not, I can see used a lot in Ubers, though. Since there's tons of Dragons, and the two weaknesses Fairy is rumored to have are covered by Steel. And if her base attack stays the same, or rasies... R.I.P Metagame.

Anyone up for a battle? I use PokemonShowdown, just to say :p
________________________________________________________________________________

Okay guys! I've got a theory!

These 14 names from Pokexperto, right?

They included Horubii and Deddene, both have been revealed.

One name was Mafokushii.

Fokushii is what Foxy is translated to in Japanese if a word is before it. In this case, 'Ma'.

Now, we've already got a fox. Fennekin. So common sense would make us think a Fennekin evo, right?

Where does 'Ma' come from?

The only fiery word I can find that matches with this is Maguma, Magma.

However, 'Ma' matches up to Maho, magic, and Majikku, Magic, with a capital letter.

In French and English, which seem to be the only languages along with Japanese to influence names this gen, both of these words keep 'Ma'.

Now, most people would see Magic and think Psychic, right?

Because of Abra?

Look at Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam though. We've never seen them use traditional Magic, just Psychic powers, like spoon bending and disappearing. We know they are based off of Spoon Benders and Stage Magicians, not wizards or sorcerers.

However, let's look at Fairy-Type.

If we look past the cutesy and majestic, we see Magic.

Fairies are well known for using magic, for good, for bad, or for fun.

Sylveon's names come from Sylph, or Sylvan, Nymph and Fairy. All magical creatures. Also, foxes and cats are popular creatures in folk lore.

Deers are often seen in folklore, and we got Xerneas.

Gardevoir seems like a sorceress.

Xerneas' signature move, Geomancy, matches well with magic, Mancy meaning Divination.

Fairy-Types learn Moon Blast, and the moon is very often connected to Magic.

So it seems likely Mafokushii is Fire-Type and/or Fairy-Type. And possibly a Fennekin evo.

Or I might be wrong and it means something else :p

Last edited:

EonDragonFTW

Congrats to SmeargleRocks on making the war team!

Battle #1: 0-1 (Loss)
Battle #2: 4-0 (Win)
Battle #3: 2-0 (Win)
Mode: Wifi

Verdict:
Now, under normal circumstances, he wouldn't have made it, but he has lots of good prediction skills, and the last one would've been 5-0 if it wasn't for my Gallade freaking doing work and taking down 3 pokemon (almost 4). So yea, I twisted the rules, cuz I can, and SmeargleRocks deserves the spot.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Woop! Go Fennekin!

I'm saving Froaks until the third version/sequels whatever, and I'm using Fennekin in Y and Chespin in X.

I'm sure that certain mega evos, like Mewtwo's, Blaziken's and maybe Lucario's will get a new tier, but I'm thinking that maybe Ampharos, Absol and Mawile will stay in standard.

MegaAbsol will probably be OU, as a rival Magic Bouncer to Espeon, since it's immune to it's STAB, and can abuse Espeon's low defense, and it may possibly out speed it!

Yikes. MegaMawile, OU or not, I can see used a lot in Ubers, though. Since there's tons of Dragons, and the two weaknesses Fairy is rumored to have are covered by Steel. And if her base attack stays the same, or rasies... R.I.P Metagame.

Anyone up for a battle? I use PokemonShowdown, just to say :p
________________________________________________________________________________

Okay guys! I've got a theory!

These 14 names from Pokexperto, right?

They included Horubii and Deddene, both have been revealed.

One name was Mafokushii.

Fokushii is what Foxy is translated to in Japanese if a word is before it. In this case, 'Ma'.

Now, we've already got a fox. Fennekin. So common sense would make us think a Fennekin evo, right?

Where does 'Ma' come from?

The only fiery word I can find that matches with this is Maguma, Magma.

However, 'Ma' matches up to Maho, magic, and Majikku, Magic, with a capital letter.

In French and English, which seem to be the only languages along with Japanese to influence names this gen, both of these words keep 'Ma'.

Now, most people would see Magic and think Psychic, right?

Because of Abra?

Look at Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam though. We've never seen them use traditional Magic, just Psychic powers, like spoon bending and disappearing. We know they are based off of Spoon Benders and Stage Magicians, not wizards or sorcerers.

However, let's look at Fairy-Type.

If we look past the cutesy and majestic, we see Magic.

Fairies are well known for using magic, for good, for bad, or for fun.

Sylveon's names come from Sylph, or Sylvan, Nymph and Fairy. All magical creatures. Also, foxes and cats are popular creatures in folk lore.

Deers are often seen in folklore, and we got Xerneas.

Gardevoir seems like a sorceress.

Xerneas' signature move, Geomancy, matches well with magic, Mancy meaning Divination.

Fairy-Types learn Moon Blast, and the moon is very often connected to Magic.

So it seems likely Mafokushii is Fire-Type and/or Fairy-Type. And possibly a Fennekin evo.

Or I might be wrong and it means something else :p

As long as it isn't fighting ill be happy!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Thanks eon, I honestly only sacked 2-3 of my pokes to Gallade if before I knew it has THAT item, would rather not spoil to anyone who hasn't battled it

EonDragonFTW

Yea, that Gallade set is my secret weapon lol.
Hey C.y.a.n can you part the XAT link again, I seem to have lost it.

And your welcome Smear.
Guys check out the new guild shop, it's one of the first few posts

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I can't wait 'till the first guild war!

My Tentacruel? It's a b*tch.

It might be a LONG while though, we need a full team to actually compete agains the others so we need the members first.

EonDragonFTW

It might be a LONG while though, we need a full team to actually compete agains the others so we need the members first.

Yea and we already got a request from Creamery Command's leader to war, but I said we have to wait a while until we have a full fledged war team

Status
Not open for further replies.