• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Edible Fan Art: Psychic's Nerdy Desserts!

Psychic

Really and truly
I think it came out really well! My favorite part is the mini pokeball design on the hat band--it's a really cute little detail, and I like how you emphasized it on the pumpkin by carving the bottom all the way through.
I know we're way past Halloween at this point, but :D thank you so much! I decided to fully out out any bit that was white (so the shine on the eyes, the fangs and the Pokeball). The Pokeball hat was really tough since it was so small!

Is it possible if I can make requests in this thread?
Erm, I've never really thought about it before. Since it's all food and takes a long time to work on, it's kind of hard to take requests. I guess it depends on what you wanted to request?

Wow these looked pretty nice. I wish a could have tried to made those myself. Though I don't have much time right now.
Thank you! All art takes time and practice, so if you devoted the time to it I'm sure you could do well!

Oh my goodness that pumpkin is adorable! Maybe I'll try something like that next year.
Thanks so much! You should definitely give it a shot - that was only the second pumpkin I've carved since I was a kid, so its definitely doable!

Chocolate%20dreidels%20s_zpsmjyh8d0s.jpg

Here is my latest creation - edible dreidels for Hanukkah! They're made entirely of white chocolate using a silicone mold, and they're completely 3D! You could theoretically spin them if you wanted to, but I think eating them would be preferable!

~Psychic

Bananarama

The light is coming
Those dreidels look really cool and delicious! I wish I had the kind of talent to make something like that :)

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
Get out the front door, those cupcakes all look amazing. And the GoT cakes are BA in their own right. Seriously want to dig into that Targaryen cake with the coconut icing.

Psychic

Really and truly
Those dreidels look really cool and delicious! I wish I had the kind of talent to make something like that :)
Thanks so much! Having a good mold definitely makes a huge difference, haha, but practice helps, too!

Get out the front door, those cupcakes all look amazing. And the GoT cakes are BA in their own right. Seriously want to dig into that Targaryen cake with the coconut icing.
:D Thanks so much! It's always awesome seeing fellow GoT fans, haha. I'd love to make more Game of Thrones desserts if I ever get the chance.

Korea%20Canada%20flag%20cake_zpswyc0flxy.jpg

It's been awhile, but here's something I made today - a going-away cake for my cousin! She's moving from Canada to South Korea for a year, so I combined both flags for a very simple cake. Unfortunately, I didn't leave the icing transfer in the freezer for long enough, so the middle bit gave me trouble, but I managed to salve it and fix it up, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result!

~Psychic

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Korea%20Canada%20flag%20cake_zpswyc0flxy.jpg

It's been awhile, but here's something I made today - a going-away cake for my cousin! She's moving from Canada to South Korea for a year, so I combined both flags for a very simple cake. Unfortunately, I didn't leave the icing transfer in the freezer for long enough, so the middle bit gave me trouble, but I managed to salve it and fix it up, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result!

~Psychic

It looks really good! I can't even tell it gave you trouble. =D

Psychic

Really and truly
It looks really good! I can't even tell it gave you trouble. =D
Aww, well thank you for saying so! ^^; I had a legit freak-out at first when the middle bit wasn't peeling off of the max paper properly, haha, so I'm glad I had a chance to fix it up. :>

Retirement%20Cake_zpshvxgx8sw.jpg

Retirement%20Cake%20sliced_zpsyjw9szvw.jpg

My most recent cake is actually just for my portfolio, and wasn't really made for anyone in particular. XD I've never made a retirement cake before, and I got some help in figuring out a design - it was my mother who suggested the lawn chairs, which came from an old doll house set. My partner took really lovely photos of the cake - I love how you can see the shadows of the chairs on the cake, it makes it look so life-like!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Frigimon%20s_zpsetnjwzhp.jpg

My latest creation is a Frigimon made of white chocolate! Finally, my first Digimon!

I changed up my method and didn't stick him in the fridge between coats, and as a result the chocolate lifted off the paper in some spots, so the next layer seeped in underneath the previous one. That's why the black outline disappeared under the blue in some places, and I redrew it in some spots. Still quite content with the result!

~Psychic

jijidoo

I've been getting interested in baking myself, and this is getting me some ideas for a birthday cake I was planning on making (my birthday is this coming st. patrick's day!), so I may wanna make a pokemon-inspired thing, too. Not sure where I could post it around the forum, though

Psychic

Really and truly
I've been getting interested in baking myself, and this is getting me some ideas for a birthday cake I was planning on making (my birthday is this coming st. patrick's day!), so I may wanna make a pokemon-inspired thing, too. Not sure where I could post it around the forum, though
:D I'm so glad that seeing my stuff was able to inspire you a little! You should definitely make yourself a cool birthday/St. Patrick's Day cake, and I am always all for anything Pokemon-inspired! You're definitely welcome to post your baking creations in the Fan Art sub-forum, since food is a legitimate art form!

If you're looking for anyone to bounce ideas off of, please feel free to VM/PM me! I love talking about cakes and design and would be happy to help in any way I can. ^^ Either way, I hope you'll share photos of your creation!

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Long time no post! I recently took a Wilton cake decorating class where I got some new tools as well as picked up a few new techniques.

Peter%20cupcakes%20small_zps8txit0bj.jpg

I made cupcakes for my friend Peter's birthday again! I created an icing swirl with his favourite colours, and wrote out his name using melted chocolate in a home-made piping bag. Simple but elegant!

Mothers%20Day%20Cake%20small_zpsluzbl13w.jpg

A cake I made for yesterday! I've never really been interested in learning how to make edible flowers, but knowing how to make roses came in handy for this Mothers' Day cake! I also wound up combining pink, white and purple icing, and some of the flowers that came out look really lovely.

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
I can't believe I haven't made something Pokémon Go-themed sooner!

Pokemon%20Go%20Cake%20small_zpsl6awchel.jpg

I made this for my brother's birthday! He’s on Team Valor (since his favourite colour is red), so I stuck with a red and chocolate theme! The Valor emblem and Pokéball are made entirely out of chocolate!

I messed up by sticking Moltres in the fridge, which shocked the chocolate and made it lift off the paper. I knew I'd have another Frigimon situation on my hands, so I saved it as best as I could (it broke in a few spots, but I covered the cracks, hehe). I think I did a good job!

I’m still happy with how it came out, and my bro got a kick out of it! Now I want to do the emblems for all three teams.

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Looking at your stuff always makes me get a craving for cake xD
Thanks, haha! You should totally go make some and post the results!

Substitute%20Doll%20Cookies%20done%20small_zpsde88nzwe.jpg

I finally tried out my 3D-printed Substitute doll cookie cutter! I received it during a Pokémon merchandise swap on pkmncollectors, where I had requested something I could use to make fun Pokémon treats. :>

I have only made sugar cookies a couple times before, but it was my first time decorating and using royal icing! The cutter worked really well (one subby lost a leg, but I glued it back on with icing)! I’m really happy with how they came out!

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
I made "candy bombs" based on Candy from Pokémon GO! It was my first time doing anything like this, and I'm really happy with the results!

Pokemon%20Go%20Candy_zpsgyatse2w.jpg

I made white chocolate Bulbasaur Candy, Charmander Candy, Squirtle Candy, and Pikachu Candy. They're hollow and are filled with Mini M&Ms and little print-out images of the given Pokémon. I based my recipe off of My Cupcake Addiction's Candy Pokeball tutorial.

Pokemon%20Go%20Bulbasaur%20Candy_zpsttuam92o.jpg

Pokemon%20Go%20Charmander%20Candy_zpsuxfray7q.jpg

Pokemon%20Go%20Squirtle%20Candy_zpsmoelvyce.jpg

Pokemon%20Go%20Pikachu%20Candy_zpspsapxpll.jpg

I used a half-sphere mold to make the candies using melted white chocolate in different colours, and when they hardened enough I was able to remove them from the molds and combine two half-spheres into full spheres. I put more melted chocolate into Zilpock baggies, cut off a corner, and used that as a piping bag to add the stripes.

It was overall a really time-intensive process, and next time I would use a food-safe pastry brush to make the stripes instead. I'm still really happy with the result! I'll have to upload a video of one of the Candies being broken sometime, haha.

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Stethescope%20Cake_zpsoo6i3ovc.jpg

My second medical school-themed dessert: a stethoscope cake! This is for the same friend I made the medical cupcakes for last year, so I didn't want to do the exact same thing.

I used the icing transfer method to make the stethoscope, and I quite like how it came out. I haven't used that method in a little while, having instead been opting for making cake toppers out of chocolate instead of buttercream.

I think the cake looks fairly professional in the end, and my friend loved it! :D

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Gastly%20Candy%20small_zpspxlvt1in.jpg

My newest creation is candy Gastly for Halloween! I had so much fun making my Pokemon GO candy that I wanted to see what else I could do with the concept, and I was excited when I realized I could make some edible ghost Pokemon for the holiday season!

The Gastly bodies are made of chocolate, with white chocolate eyes and mouths. Their gassy haze is freshly-bought cotton candy spun earlier today.

I'm really proud of the concept and how they turned out!

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
I finally updated the first post! Now it includes all of the desserts I have posted here up until now, nicely categorized into different sections. Each section is in chronological order, with the oldest desserts being at the top of each section. It's awesome being able to see how much I've improved over time!

Those Gastly just look so great! ^^
Thanks so much! It was sweet of you to comment both here and on PC. :> I ate one of the Gastly today, it was a strange (but yummy) experience!

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Zombie-Chus%20small_zps7gbnygik.jpg

Zombie-Chus%20all%20small_zpslzt4vlzw.jpg

I couldn't resist making another Pokemon Halloween treat: zombie Pikachu cakes!

Using a silicone Pikachu mold from Japan, I dyed my cake batter green and to get this gnarly result! I then made pink buttercream icing, put it in a makeshift piping bag and made the squiggly brains. Then I added some red food gel to add the gore, and viola!

When I first used this mold, the cakes that came out had a very hole-y surface, and my partner mentioned that they looked kind of like zombies with chunks of missing flesh and deep, empty eyes. That idea really stuck with me, so I was happy to get a chance to make zombie Pikas! I didn't have to do anything to these cakes - they came out looking this way! If I used a heavier cake batter they might look more normal, haha.

~Psychic

Psychic

Really and truly
Braixen%20Pumpkin%20small_zpsulcnqcrh.jpg

I promise this is the last Halloween thing! I just managed to finish my pumpkin for this year: it's Braixen from Pokken Tournament riding on her broom! I got the game this year, and while playing through with my partner, we decided to main Braixen for awhile. Both of us kind of fell in love with the magical fox, and I especially loved whenever she would ride her broom like a witch!

There aren't many good reference pictures, so I used this one. Unfortunately I didn’t plan it out perfectly and it wasn’t super structurally sound, so my Braixen lost her head (I was thankfully able to reattach it with the magic of toothpicks)!

This is my third pumpkin I've done since I was a kid, and all three have been Pokemon!
Espurrpumpkinsmall_zpsa4468b6a.jpeg

Espurr in 2014

Pikabat%20Pumpkin%20unlit%20small_zpsywjwz0rv.jpg

Golbat Pikachu in 2015

My pumpkins have definitely gotten more complex each year. I’m really happy with how this one came out, and I can't wait to challenge myself again in 2017!

~Psychic