• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!! (1194)

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I don't read/watch One Piece.

Aren't other characters in pokemon anime also don't age? People in pokemon anime stop aging once Ash start his journey.

That's kinda what I said. Characters in an eternal summer do not age unless the story states there was a year timeskip of some kind.

I also made it clear that Ash gets singled out because he has a confirmed age. Everyone else has either a vague age or a confirmed age in a supplementary material. Consequently, people here in the fandom tend to forget that nobody ages in the anime. If Ash's age was never confirmed, then it's highly likely he would never be the the poster boy of not aging.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
What do y’all want evolved?

There is nothing wronf in that, TBF i would like ash's oaked pokemon like gible, snivy, palpitod, buizel, corphish, quilava, pignite to evolve offscreen as well They deserve it.

Ash is forever 10, and Burnet's baby was born without the need of time.
Lol ash is immortal to the point that maybe iafter 1 or 2 series when he meets lei, lei would have grown as older as ash has.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Glad Chloe didn't choose to be a Coordinator (yet). Having her do Contests always sounded like a lame end to her. Having her do Spectaculars would be even worse. Trying to make Contests more like the games feels like they gutted what made them unique to begin with.

KukuiFanatic501

Glad Chloe didn't choose to be a Coordinator (yet). Having her do Contests always sounded like a lame end to her. Having her do Spectaculars would be even worse. Trying to make Contests more like the games feels like they gutted what made them unique to begin with.
I definitely agree with hating the change to Contests (hopefully this is only for Hoenn ones because I don’t think Dawns Sinnoh contests are like this?)

However I’m really not seeing what’s disappointing about Chloe being a coordinator. Besides Serena changing to be one at the last minute, we haven’t gotten one since DP. Contests have been gone for quite a while. While I’d prefer Chloe doing something more battle oriented, I don’t think it’s the end of the world for her to do contests.

GMax Helios

Ok, being honest outside of the 4 part Arceus special, this was probably my episode of Journeys so far. And by that I don't mean it was the least bad of the bad, I genuinely loved it. Although I will say that I had flashbacks to ORAS when I saw Lisia Mega Evolve her Altaria. Seriously, I'm pretty sure anyone who's faced Lisia in the Master Class contests can sympathize with me there. Even with my Mega Latias that thing was a major pain in the neck to beat.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Do u think that the blue ribbon she wore on her right ankle ,during the performance, is the one Ash gave her?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Do u think that the blue ribbon she wore on her right ankle ,during the performance, is the one Ash gave her?

I will say this. This is not part of any standard Hoenn princess design, so it's clearly original. And thus, every detail put on this costume is deliberate by the rules of animation design (which is eliminate and simplify all unnecessary details to make the animation process smoother).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I definitely agree with hating the change to Contests (hopefully this is only for Hoenn ones because I don’t think Dawns Sinnoh contests are like this?)

However I’m really not seeing what’s disappointing about Chloe being a coordinator. Besides Serena changing to be one at the last minute, we haven’t gotten one since DP. Contests have been gone for quite a while. While I’d prefer Chloe doing something more battle oriented, I don’t think it’s the end of the world for her to do contests.
I hate Chloe being a Coordinator because watching someone struggle with what they want to do in life end with them choosing to become something three other main girls were sounds like an immensly unsatisfying conclusion to a hundred+ ep character arc.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Aww, Chloe.

You started off as the only good thing Journeys had (in my opinion).

Now...you're just a very Contest late bloomer and another Contest girl with an Eevee that has pulled your strings and will keep doing so...

Seriously, are the writers just trying to keep girls away from Ash's group that they have much less screen time than before?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
My theory is they’re slowing attempting on fading and retconning the kiss out. They kept them away for long because now they didn’t have any time to necessarily address the kiss.

So now if and when Serena appears the (writers) definitely wont feel entitled to do it because they (Ash and Serena) didn’t talk about it first time around when they reunited and the writers (if they didn’t want to) wouldn’t feel any pressure not addressing it.

Kinda like “well no point in doing it now”.

Ash is also more “kid-ish” since SM and energetic while Serena is more mature and focused on her performances which I think is a very interesting switch from their XY counterparts (not saying Serena was necessarily immature). Ash is no longer the “mature hero” and while I’m sure Serena would like him either way, I couldn’t imagine this Ash being even less dense than XY or wanting a relationship.

It’s also interesting how Serena didn’t notice that Ash was on the phone despite realizing that Chloe wasn’t just talking to a single friend. Sure she turned around when Chloe was talking but she heard another voice. Ash also ran right past her despite most likely seeing her back. I think these were intentional creative decisions. They were focusing on things that was important to them like becoming the strongest trainer and Serena helping Chloe gain confidence for her performance since that’s what she enjoys the most.

Also they’re children, crushes come and go. They just felt like really great friends who reunited.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
This is lost in translation. Tomodachi can mean both friend or friends. The subs isn't necessarily correct.
Nonetheless wouldnt she have heard Ash’s voice since he was just as loud if not louder than Goh?

Nonetheless wouldnt she have heard Ash’s voice since he was just as loud if not louder than Goh?
We can hear it doesn't mean other person not close to the phone can hear it. We hear it form the standpoint of Chloe. Note that Chloe put the phone away from Serena.

Edit: I just rewatch that part, the camera was on Ash and Goh, so the voice was from their standpoint, it will be lower from Chloe's standpoint and too low for Serena who is far from the phone.

Last edited: