• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!! (1194)

Didn't the VA say ash doesn't really understand what a crush is? Did it state anywhere that ash feels happier with serena compared with anyone else
Show, don’t tell.
Just look how he acts around her. Heck, even in this episode he looks happier to see her than anyone else in JN.
Can we stop debating if Ash likes Serena because it’s all up to interpretation. Let shippers do there thing.

Gingertail24

Show, don’t tell.
Just look how he acts around her. Heck, even in this episode he looks happier to see her than anyone else in JN.
Can we stop debating if Ash likes Serena because it’s all up to interpretation. Let shippers do there thing.
????
It doesn't matter show don't tell. I'm pretty sure the VA stating something about the character she voices trump's mere fan speculation. Ash doesn't look anymore happier with her than anyone else.

Decidueye23

And let her fall? LMAO thats a pretty weak reasoning ngl, i doubt Ash's first reaction to being surprised kissed by his best friend in kalos would be to shove her off an escalator and injure her
Doesn't mean he kissed her back or reciprocated though, that's just a flimsy ground to tread on
I was being hyperbolic obviously but its an anime for young kids i doubt they would want to show a non consensual kiss, between two people. Also, that kiss was supposed to be a climactic declaration of love. So unless, there wasnt an actual implication of ash liking her back, it wouldnt have been done that way. I think framing, music, reactions, alot of these, esepcialky in visual medium convey things without spelling them out. I mean, even the simple fact that they spent the entirity of her return by not letting them meet completley, and then the symbolism when they met, it clearly does imply alot. I mean she is the only returning character to whom he goes out of his way to mention about his PWC. The way their frames match. Their conversatiion. Its supposed to display parallels. Now whether you choose to infer from that or not is a personal choice, and whether you find it cringy or not is an even more personal choice.

Decidueye23

If shippers stop talking about shipping stuff outside of the shippers community subforum like if something from Ash's side is confirmed when it is not, I guess we can.
Umm why should they? Its confirmed to be a ship, atleadt from one side, and was an eseential part of the said characters arc, and that said character is fondly remembered by many for that amongst other things. Its not like someone is not talking about the series?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Didn't the VA say ash doesn't really understand what a crush is? Did it state anywhere that ash feels happier with serena compared with anyone else
Rica Matsumoto says that Ash loves all people. He understands love in a general sense. That's why he doesn't act confused when Kukui and Burnett get married but instead acts very happy.

What he doesn't get is distinguishing a crush/romance as something unique in that category of love. At best, it would be Ash being surprised yet still happy like that kiss he got from Serena. But he's not a level where he would, how do I put it, be jealous towards anyone taking Serena's attention away from him or be extremely nervous around Serena.

Gingertail24

Rica Matsumoto says that Ash loves all people. He understands love in a general sense. That's why he doesn't act confused when Kukui and Burnett get married but instead acts very happy.

What he doesn't get is distinguishing a crush/romance as something unique in that category of love. At best, it would be Ash being surprised yet still happy like that kiss he got from Serena. But he's not a level where he would, how do I put it, be jealous towards anyone taking Serena's attention away from him or be extremely nervous around Serena.
Ah I see, my mistake then. Although I don't see that kiss reaction as confirmation of ash feeling on Serena . But we will just agree to disagree

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
As I remember correctly. Yeah Satoshi doesn't really understand what a crush or love is. At least when directed towards him or him towards someone else.
I'm sure he does. You're wondering why he does his suicide dives from high altitudes many times just to save his Pikachu's life.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm sure he does. You're wondering why he does his suicide dives from high altitudes many times just to save his Pikachu's life.
Only Pikachu? He's done it for Talonflame and Farfetch'd too

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Woah there, you're going of to a whole other territory there
I don't believe or support the extreme non-consensual or "Serena assaulted Ash" stuff that has gotten paraded here
I see that scene more as a Serena confession finally rather than a OMG they are a couple confirmation Ash totally likes her back because his eyes sparkled thing
And like I said, I dont mind if people take those eyes as a hint or whatever, cheer for your ship all you want
But using it as 'confirmation' of Ash's feelings just feels cringe to me

Like idk, it's just funny the biggest hint the love is reciprocated is a guy's eyes sparkling when he's kissed for the first time ever by a close friend of his
Even when I consider amourshipping being the endgame angle, I see it more as Ash developing feelings maybe later rather than a he totally likes her right now/totally is in love with her and doesn't realise it

I do think this episode, like the hints you mentioned, hints at amourshipping and it potentially being endgame/Serena obviously still has feelings, I just dont see it that Ash has any feelings for her as of now that people like to say

Honestly, as an Amourshipper, I am content with what we had in XY ending and the Sylveon episode. One thing I like is that I can enjoy Ash interacting with other girls without thinking to myself, "Is this the girl that's going to win Ash's heart?" In that regard, Serena's crush and confession does allow Ash to be himself as a child in present day. We all know that Serena is patient and be there when Ash is old and mature enough to realize the concept of romance.

Looking back about how Chloe still is indecisive and Ash and Serena probably won’t meet again and/or talk in a romantic manner even though JN teased they would this episode is ****
Except Pancham and Swampert. That was good.