• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!! (1194)

AniTechIndia

1194.jpg

Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!!

Chloe learns that a Sylveon has been gaining a lot of attention in Pokémon Contests in Hoenn so decides to head there with Eevee to meet its trainer, Serena. However, Chloe ends up entering the contest as well with Eevee. Will Chloe and Eevee do well in their first Contest? Ash & Goh also head to Hoenn to meet Chloe but when they get there, they meet up with the Gym Leader, Wallace...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
Any idea of next return episode of Serena

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Sorry....But it seems so ;(
Nah they just might have changed over time in Hoenn or a different kind of contest
They mentioned Wallace Cup after all, which most meaningful moments wouldn't make sense without battle rounds
Also a biiit of a stretch but in the flashback May and Dawn have battle-like poses too

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Nah they just might have changed over time in Hoenn or a different kind of contest
They mentioned Wallace Cup after all, which most meaningful moments wouldn't make sense without battle rounds
Also a biiit of a stretch but in the flashback May and Dawn have battle-like poses too
Yeah, they specifically referred to these as 'Contest Performances' and said that 'strength doesn't matter here' which I think is referring to no battle rounds, but I still wish we got to see actual Contests.

KukuiFanatic501

Before I give my own overall thoughts on the episode:
- A little sorry for Lutia. It's her debut episode, but her screen time is so short that make me almost forgot about her. But her mega evolve screen is very nice, i really like it.
Same. I already knew going in that she was going to pretty much be the third wheel to Chloe, Serena, Wallace and ash’s battle and even Mays brief flashback, but I wish she could’ve been given better.

Using mega Altaria though caught me off guard. Makes me wish even more May could come back to get a mega and use it for contests and contest battles. RIP Mega Blazekin.
- Koharu... oh boy, this maybe me feel a little deja vu... oh, because it is similar to Serena when she encounter Performance. But at last, the eeveelution story is getting to the endgame, and Koharu doesnt seem like will become a Performer (which i like). Now i cant wait for the continue of her story.

- Serena and Satoshi's interaction is just like i want: not so arkward, but not so distant, encourage each other in their path just like Iris's return episode. In fact, their reaction make me feel like the kissing scene doesnt exist at all (can we put a rest to that already?). Oh, and the ending scene make me feel like she wont appear again in this series, so... bye bye Serena.

And thats about it. Now i will wait for the Wanpachi's episode, i hope he will evolve here.
I have similar thoughts. Serena and Chloe’s newly formed bond I thought was fantastic this episode and was pivotal for the start of Chloe and Serena’s new growth and maturity.

Serena isn’t my favorite but I am happy she returned to show us how she’s doing, how independent she’s become and to keep it fair for all the returning companions. Great episode for her.

KukuiFanatic501

I think most people are talking about this series, she is definetly returning, tho it might not happen again in JN. Too soon to tell either way, but that was just how i felt personally.
Especially considering JN is ending soon and there’s still a lot left for them to finish up on besides the PWC and Project Mew.

Had Serena appeared earlier like Dawn or Iris did, that would’ve been a different story.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Especially considering JN is ending soon and there’s still a lot left for them to finish up on besides the PWC and Project Mew.

Had Serena appeared earlier like Dawn or Iris did, that would’ve been a different story.
Yeah there's not a lot of time left and alot of things left to cover still, with probably around like 25-30 episodes left. Hopefully she returns again in the next series.

KukuiFanatic501

By the way, one small complaint for me, but am I the only one who kinda found it annoying that Wallace didn’t bring up Ash himself participating in the Wallace cup when mentioning May and Dawn?

I know Ash doing contests for the experience is a thing of the past, but DP went out of its way to have Wallace meeting the group be a rare opportunity, for Dawn especially, and Ash was recommended to participate in the cup with Buizel by Wallace himself.

Kinda wished they commited a little more to continuity by mentioning that (but hey, May finally got a nod, so I guess this is no big deal in the end).

Last edited:

KukuiFanatic501

The fact that they tried their best to limit things so much with those dangled fishhook teases ironically proves that Amour is still in their minds and it's still on, like @Decidueye23 said. If there was nothing, or it was being written out, why not just show that happen and have them continue interacting as only friends instead of keeping things to a bare minimum of interaction, unless they knew it would go beyond that which they're not ready for yet? The fact that she stayed behind to watch the boat for a long time is further proof of it still being on.
To be fair this doesn’t necessarily mean anything. The writers could also just be hesitant to bring their reunion beyond the basic “hey! See you again!” interaction because of the anticipated reaction from the fanbase if they just outright show them as just friends.

And Serena watching the boat ride away isn’t new. Dawn did the same thing at the end of DP, watching Ash and Brock’s boat to Kanto ride off into the sunset before hugging Piplup and leaving the pier.

I can understand that many didn't like Serena's kiss, and hope that others will forget about it, but the problem here is that the writers, directors and etc decided to do it.

It is precisely for this reason that Serena cannot be seen for a long time with Ash, if the kiss had not existed, Serena could have spent much more time interacting with Ash

Thesnowmander11

finally after years of waiting they showed serena once again i’m legit shocked they even made her show up. i thought they would just give a flashback and that’s it

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
While the ‘nothing you do is a waste’ speech hs been brought up a lot, i don’t think people have brought this up nearly as much.

The advice serena gave when chloe had stage fright was also one of ash’s. The one he gave after their last battle. I do love how they held back for so long but now giving so much love for xy stans.

KukuiFanatic501

That being said, I am glad the foxes and panda got new moves and all got to be on stage. Man I would have loved a more fleshed out Mikuri battle tho.
Agreeing with this too. In fact, did anyone get some Dawn vibes from Serena’s appeal round performance? When Delphox and Pancham used their fire and ice moves, it reminded me of Dawns grand festival performance when using Cyndiquils flame wheel and Bunearys ice beam combination.

KukuiFanatic501

I don’t think she was sad. I took it as her reflecting on where she started, where she is currently, and where she’ll go in the future. It’s similar to the scene back in XY where she cut her hair on the docks while looking at the sunset imo.
This honestly. In fact, why are we here assuming Serena watched the boat for Ash when it’s possible she watched the boat for Chloe?

Chloe reminds Serena so much of herself back in XY and given how much of this episode she helped Chloe out in, I wouldn’t be surprised if she stayed at the boat wondering what Chloe will do next to shape her future out.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
This honestly. In fact, why are we here assuming Serena watched the boat for Ash when it’s possible she watched the boat for Chloe?

Chloe reminds Serena so much of herself back in XY and given how much of this episode she helped Chloe out in, I wouldn’t be surprised if she stayed at the boat wondering what Chloe will do next to shape her future out.
Wow, come on dude... that is one hell of a reach in trying to downplay/deny the other angle.

KukuiFanatic501

Wow, come on dude... that is one hell of a reach in trying to downplay/deny the other angle.
But it’s not? I’m just offering perspective here and going off what the episode gave when Serena and Koharus interactions were blatantly the episodes main highlight.

You can disagree but just because your hardcore into SatoSere doesn’t mean you have to get snippy and claim I’m reaching to downplay stuff.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly I wanted to point out that she probably was watching for Chloe but you know the mafia would of doubled and tripled quoted it because apparently there is only a single interpretation.

Anyways glad another person said it