• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee and Sylveon! Encounters and Reunions!! (1194)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Serena's return is STILL trending on Twitter. I don't think there's any other episode that can top this one, like honestly. You can't tell me she's not everyone's fan favorite at this point.
She is the best character Pokemon series has known. So special and unique. Her interactions are so dynamic and interesting. She isn’t my fav poke girl for no reason

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Serena's return is STILL trending on Twitter. I don't think there's any other episode that can top this one, like honestly. You can't tell me she's not everyone's fan favorite at this point.
The biggest surprise is that Serena's return is out-trending Sonic 2

She is the best character Pokemon series has known. So special and unique. Her interactions are so dynamic and interesting. She isn’t my fav poke girl for no reason
Yeah, but how many people actually like her because of her development, arc & personality, or because they just see her as a prize/trophy wife for Ash? I liked Serena's arc in XYZ, but it feels like most of her fans are amourshippers who only care about her as a waifu

Observer

Mostly watching
I'm about to ask a question that I don't think anyone else has asked; If Steven is in the Master 8 and Ash might end up battling him at some point, do any of you think Wallace would watch them battle?

Keep in mind that he did say that he's been keeping up with Ash's progress in the PWCS.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
They should address the kiss, maybe by Ash reflecting on it and slightly blushing and maybe mentioning the next time they meet and how that kiss made him realize not just her feelings for him, but his feelings for her.
And idgaf what anyone says Ash loves Serena more than a friend
If they were to address the kiss they’d have to do it in a tactful way that stays true to Ash’s character, not simply the character that shippers want him to have. He’s 10 and his prime focus is on achieving his dreams. He’s not at the point that he is even thinking about things romantically and a kiss from a girl isn’t just gonna magically change that. He went from that to discovering the community of Alola to wanting to travel the world to see what awaits him. Serena has a crush on him but that doesn’t suddenly make Ash any different than who he always was and that’s okay. Pokémon isn’t some romance slice of life series and as with any good writing, the story adheres to who the characters are not the other way around.

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Yeah, but how many people actually like her because of her development, arc & personality, or because they just see her as a prize/trophy wife for Ash? I liked Serena's arc in XYZ, but it feels like most of her fans are amourshippers who only care about her as a waifu
If this thread is anything to go off of, it’s definitely the latter. Which is definitely sad especially when this episode shows very well that she can function very well independently. But it seems all most of the people still care about is Amourshipping with her.

Decidueye23

Honestly i thibk its fine eitherway. People can have different reasons to like a character. Some people like her for amour, some people like her for her arc, some people like her for both.

Besides, if its one thing most people can agree on is that, serena's return was handled in the most tasteful way satisfying almost evryone.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I really want to see like Chloe, Iris, Serena and Dawn all in the same place.

Get all the companions together for Ash's final battles in PWC.
If they’d let Koharu meet Iris then they could create the plot point where she’s kept in contact with them all after meeting them which could allow such a gathering.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I've watched this episode because people suddenly talked about Serena returning and I wanted to experience the blood bath in the comment section. Seems like I was dissappointed.

Well ...Serena...

To get it out of the way. No real shipping moment and I am fine with that. Better show off her growth in character as well in goal first. They can still bring up the kiss in a later episode if they really want.

It's good that they didn't bombard us with shipping stuff. XY also didn't use it's majoriry of episodes in that regard and I remember episodes outside of the snowball stuff where she got a bit mad at him. I still expect them to bring up her crush at him in a potential second cameo.

Honestly, I just expected her to be just like this episodes version in a cameo.

Braixen evolving into Delphox pretty much reflects that.

The stuff with Koharu was expectable but this late into the series. Why? Now we'll get "i am preparing myself the next thirty episodes for my upcoming offscreen adventure!" if she wants to become a coordinator(?).

Otherwise okay episodes but god I want Ash's journey to end now.

Last edited:

Gingertail24

They should address the kiss, maybe by Ash reflecting on it and slightly blushing and maybe mentioning the next time they meet and how that kiss made him realize not just her feelings for him, but his feelings for her.
And idgaf what anyone says Ash loves Serena more than a friend
The interview literally just said ash loves everyone as a friend and no romance. Maybe when he is older, but rn nah

Gale_

I cared more about Ash's battle with Wallace than the contest scenario honestly. Ash defeating Wallace is pretty big, sucks it was off screen though.

DuskAstral

The characters that are most likely to make another return are Gary, Dawn, Brock (if you count the Arceus special as his first appearance in Journeys), Tracey, Misty ( I hope not) and Serena.
Tracey will definitely not come back, as the creators have him far and deep. Remember that when Satoshi and Gou visited Professor Oak, Tracey was not even shown.

DuskAstral

As Yajima once said, they didn't become a couple at the end of XYZ, but the kiss is to foreshadow that when this long running series is over and Ash finally grows up, they will become a couple.
Do you take his statement seriously as an irrefutable prophecy? Directors change, so it doesn't really matter that Yajima said that, as another director may not share his opinion.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Do you take his statement seriously as an irrefutable prophecy? Directors change, so it doesn't really matter that Yajima said that, as another director may not share his opinion.

Are you suggesting the anime should tear itself apart because of the directors running the asylum and spending more time explaining away plot holes than actually telling stories?

Because at least the people working on the anime, even the directors, have a common ground of respect of what came before. Yajima's statement is important because it highlights an understanding of what and how the anime works. Too many times have I've seen people misinterpret Ash being 10 years old to being Ash doesn't age but everyone else around him does. That's not how it works. It's really an eternal summer comic book time.

Ash doesn't have romance because he's too young to understand it. Maybe when he's older, but that requires a willingness to break the eternal summer. And because romance cannot happen to him, I doubt the writers would try to pair Ash with anyone else after Serena. Serena at least made a promise for the future that we won't see.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
What?? Does anyone seriously believe that? Literally nobody in the story has aged except Kukui and Burnet's child (special exception).

I find it hard to believe that there are people going around thinking that lol.
You'd be surprised. A lot of people outside this (and Bulba) forum unironically believe that the non-ageing rule only applies to Ash, even now after so many past characters returned and proved they're also frozen in time.

It's a consequence of only him (in his age group at least) having a confirmed age, even though other characters who started out after him (May and Dawn) should be realistically younger than him.