• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee evolution requirements.

Vroomer

First eeveeluton turned into Vaporeon... Which was what the shadow on the Pokedex showed before eeveelution. Saving my high CP Eevees for eeveelution.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I thought this was debunked about the nickname thing but I will find out once I catch enough eevees to evolve another one to see if this is true or not. I thought it still random as heck to evolve them.

BCVM22

The nickname thing was never debunked. It's accurate, and tested several times in this very thread.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The nickname thing was never debunked. It's accurate, and tested several times in this very thread.

I thought reading this thread that it was debunked oh well no biggy....

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I named my Eevee Pyro, and it did evolve into a Flareon. I tested the trick out twice. The trick worked for me both times.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Nicknamed my Eevee Rainer, it turned into a Jolteon. Yes, I capitalized the R and I double checked my spelling. It didn't work.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Nicknamed my Eevee Rainer, it turned into a Jolteon. Yes, I capitalized the R and I double checked my spelling. It didn't work.

Are you from an area other than the USA/UK/Canada/Australia? Maybe it's different for countries with different languages?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

I just nicknamed my other eevee so I will let you know if I get flareon or not but thats strange that everyone here said it worked but it didn't for you >.> I need more eevee candies so can't confirm until I get enough candies.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan

I had thought this was true, too, but my roommate just tried to evolve her Sparky into a Jolteon today, and it turned into a Vaporeon instead.

Considering the 100% accuracy it was having before, it's likely it was patched or there's a glitch going on with it. I hope the latter, so it can be resolved and we can continue to choose which one we want.

It could just be that the nickname method increases the odds, and is not a determinate. If so, it'd explain the mass success whilst simultaneously explaining why a minority are getting what they didn't aim for.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
The nickname thing works only once per account. In other words you can only use Sparky, Pyro, and Rainer (written properly with capital letter) once.after that Eevees evolve randomly.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
The nickname thing works only once per account. In other words you can only use Sparky, Pyro, and Rainer (written properly with capital letter) once.after that Eevees evolve randomly.

you sure? I heard someone do it like three times they said and it worked fine? I am so confused now XD

Bariokie

rock dog
Okay I heard that if you want to fix this problem you have to re-nickname the eevee and then nickname your other eevee you want to evolve. You cant have a 2nd eevee called sparky evolve into jolteon if your jolteon is nicknamed sparky.
Nickname that sparky back to spaghetti and nickname your eevee to Sparky and then evolve it.

alessandrae

My brother nicknamed his Eevee Sparky and it did evolve into Jolteon! I haven't been able to try it myself as i only have two Eevees so far.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Just evolved my Eevee nicknamed Sparky and it did evolve into Jolteon.