• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee evolution requirements.

Morenoind5

Hello.

A member of our Facebook group shared A Reddit post that had the Eevolution requirements as follows:

Eevee must have as second move:
Body Slam to evolve into Jolteon
Swift to evolve into Vaporeon
Dig to evolve into Flareon.

Some of us in our group have tested the theory and it appears to be correct.
If anyone is ready to evolve an Eevee please verify!

All credit for this goes to the original poster on Reddit.

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
My friend had an eevee with body slam, and when she evolved it, it evolved into a jolteon! I'll see if I can replicate this once I get enough eevee candies!

Blaizey

I'm pretty sure this has been debunked. Also, I've had vaporeons evolve from three different eevees with different moves.

Kruzenic

Last I heard, it was random. The data posted so far seems to suggest this as well.
Of course, in time we will find out more.

xEryChan

Demon Child
The Eevee I caught before has Swift so I'm really hoping it will evolve into Vaporeon. That's the one I want the most, especially you're unable to get Espeon in GO.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The Eevee my sister had (with Swift) evolved into Jolteon. It's random :/

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
My Eevee had Dig and evolved into Vaporeon.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I wonder I haven't evolved either of my eevees yet since I am still new to the game 3 days ago. I got one with swift and another with dig so once I evolve them I let you know what i got but I still wonder how the game detects what it evolve into?

BCVM22

but I still wonder how the game detects what it evolve into?

Again, everything says it's completely random. App rolls a three-sided di--

The app flips a three-sided co--

it picks a number between 1-3 and that's your evolution.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Deciding what the Eevee will evolve into is like deciding which egg will hatch shiny or what gender a specific Pokémon be... Let's say that there are 3 genders, there's approximately 33% + chance that you'll get what you want. It's all in the coding and mechanics of the game. Sometimes it will take more than the odds required to hatch that darn shiny Magikarp, but you just keep doing it. If anybody wants to know how the game decides, take up coding. ;)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Again, everything says it's completely random. App rolls a three-sided di--

The app flips a three-sided co--

it picks a number between 1-3 and that's your evolution.

well thats gunna be a fun killer since if I am correct you need like 50 eevee candies to evolve each one as well as finding the pain that you evolve like three of the same after all that hard work of getting all those candies by catching eevees >.< I just hope one of them evolves into a flareon because thats my favorite of the three kanto evolutions.

SoundVoltex

I evolved two Eevees with Body Slam into Jolteons. I want to say that confirms it, but very small sample size still.

BCVM22

well thats gunna be a fun killer since if I am correct you need like 50 eevee candies to evolve each one

You "only" need 25. That's seven wild Eevee (3 candies each + then the single candies you get from transferring them).