• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee evolution requirements.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
You "only" need 25. That's seven wild Eevee (3 candies each + then the single candies you get from transferring them).

hmmm not sure why I thought it was 50 must of been thinking of something else bit tired since its 1 am my time just looked at my app now but still yeah when you have short supply of balls atm not fun XD I need to go to more poke stops to get more balls and do some gym battles for coins. I want these two eevees evolved XD

Kruzenic

Sooner or later, someone is going to figure out the coding behind this. At which point, it won't seem quite as "random" even though we still may not be able to influence the outcome.

La Lune X

Well here are two new theorys I would love for people to test out.
1. Team + Move = Evolution
So maybe the above is correct but instead what move he evolves from changes with your team.
2. Eevee's cp determines it maybe odd numbers 1 cp is vaporeon 2 cp is jolteon 3 cp is flareon and then repeat.

fhqwhgads

It has nothing to do with team choice, because you can evolve Eevee before/without choosing a team.

Bariokie

rock dog
Well here are two new theorys I would love for people to test out.
1. Team + Move = Evolution
So maybe the above is correct but instead what move he evolves from changes with your team.
2. Eevee's cp determines it maybe odd numbers 1 cp is vaporeon 2 cp is jolteon 3 cp is flareon and then repeat.

Number 2 honestly sounds more believable. If no one manages to proof this wrong then...

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
I evolved 7 eevee, got 3 vaporeon, 3 flareon and 1 jolteon. the jolteon came from dig. while 2 vaporeon and a flareon came from body Slam.
sorry, but it's random. I saw that post and thought it to be true so kept evolving body Slam ones as I was only missing jolteon and it still took 4 attempts to get it.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
My Body Slam Eevee evolved into Flareon today. :)

Now all I need is a Jolteon. :) We will see.

Edit 6/15 - Evolved another Body Slam Eevee into Vaporeon. It's at 700 CP without ever being powered up so I guess I can't complain.

Last edited:

Bariokie

rock dog
Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

Have fun with your favorite eeveelution!

edit: Evolve into a Vaporeon. They gain the most CP and have the most HP aswell

source: /r/pokemongo
Can we maybe put the trick to evolving on the serebii site?
edit2: You have to exactly rename them to those specific names, first letter ofcourse needs to be a capital letter.

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

Have fun with your favorite eeveelution!

edit: Evolve into a Vaporeon. They gain the most CP and have the most HP aswell

source: /r/pokemongo
Can we maybe put the trick to evolving on the serebii site?
edit2: You have to exactly rename them to those specific names, first letter ofcourse needs to be a capital letter.

Evolved 5 Eevees today following this theory, and all 5 turned into what their names suggested. Skeptical as I am, waiting for an Eevee to mess up and turn into something else, they continue to turn into their respective Eeveelutions.

Bariokie

rock dog
Evolved 5 Eevees today following this theory, and all 5 turned into what their names suggested. Skeptical as I am, waiting for an Eevee to mess up and turn into something else, they continue to turn into their respective Eeveelutions.

As long as you do it right it should have a 100% rate.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
As long as you do it right it should have a 100% rate.

Oddly enough, one of my bosses at work came in and (yes plays Pokémon, so we talk), and I mentioned that I just need a Jolteon to complete my Eevee evolutions. He said that's what he needed a well and he told me to name it Sparky because when he did, his also evolved into a Jolteon!

So I am going to collect Eevee candies again and test this theory because I may actually consider it a possibility of this theory working!

Those are the names of the original Eevee brothers, so if I find it works than I'm going to laugh. XD

Last edited:

Gohankuten

Oddly enough, one of my bosses at work came in and (yes plays Pokémon, so we talk), and I mentioned that I just need a Jolteon to complete my Eevee evolutions. He said that's what he needed a well and he told me to name it Sparky because when he did, his also evolved into a Jolteon!

So I am going to collect Eevee candies again and test this theory because I may actually consider it a possibility of this theory working!

Those are the names of the original Eevee brothers, so if I find it works than I'm going to laugh. XD

Has been numerous tests on the Pokemon Go subreddit on this and so far for everyone that has typed the nicknames correctly it has been 100%. With such a large sample size with no results to the contrary I think it is safe to assume this method is legit and should be added onto the Pokemon Listings page.

NewSchoolBoxer

Evolve into a Vaporeon. They gain the most CP and have the most HP aswell

Vaporeon is everywhere. Think I've seen 1 Flareon.

The protobuf file was decrypted and has base stats for all pokemon. Combined with the measured CP gain per boost, we can compare Eevee forms:

Eevee
+17 CP per boost
BaseStamina: 110
BaseAttack: 114
BaseDefense: 128

Vaporeon
+40 CP per boost
BaseStamina: 260
BaseAttack: 186
BaseDefense: 168

Flareon
+37 CP per boost
BaseStamina: 130
BaseAttack: 238
BaseDefense: 178

Jolteon
+30 CP per boost
BaseStamina: 130
BaseAttack: 192
BaseDefense: 174

The bulky water type is for real. Granted, base stats are not the stats gained per boost. I can only assume the CP score is an estimated or mean value of the stats gained.

Ithanul

Yeah, I tested the nickname thing on my first Eevee I evolved. Named it Rainer and it turn into a Vaporeon. Next one I plan to evolve is a Jolteon since I caught a nice 350 CP Eevee today.