• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eevee help?

VictoriousVictini

Victory League Owner
I'm not sure what to evolve it into...

Arlo

...and so on...
My first time through the game, I didn't evolve Eevee at all, because I could never figure out what I wanted. :D

The first question is what would fit best in your team. Which do you need most? Fire, water or electric?

You might actually try out all three of them and just see which one you like best. If you already have all three of the stones needed to evolve them, then just make sure they're in your inventory and save the game. Otherwise, go to the Department Store and go up to the counter where they sell the stones and save it there. Then either pull a stone out of your inventory or buy it from the store, use it on the Eevee, let it evolve and see what you get. I'd take it out and battle with it a bit, just to see what it looks like and how it handles itself in combat. Then reset the game and do that again with the next stone and the next evolution. Keep doing that until you've tested all three and see if that leads you to choose one over the other two.

In my own opinion, Vaporeeon is the best, Jolteon is a close second and Flareon is a distant third, but that's just my opinion. What really matters is which one would fit best on your team and just which one you like the best.

Hope that helps.... :D

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I would personally go with Jolteon, but Vaporeon is pretty awesome too. If you didn't start with Squirtle, then Vaporeon is defiantely a good option, but I would go with Jolteon in any case. Unless you really want one, I would think twice before getting Flareon and choose one of the other two instead.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I would pick Flareon, unless I chose Charmander. Then i`d go with Vaporeon.

Mister_SGG

What starter did you choose?

If you picked Charmander, go with Jolteon.

Bulbasaur + Vaporeon

Squirtle + Flareon

But it also matters on what the rest of your team is.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I wouldn't recommend Flareon, since all fire type moves are Special in gen III and Flareon is Physical based.
If you want a fast pokémon with awesome Special Attack, then I suggest Jolteon.
If you want a pokémon with awesome HP and Special Attack, then I suggest Vaporeon.

But not Flareon.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
I would personally go with vaporeon, because i luv water types :]

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
honestly you should get vaporeon why? because it the only water type you get qucikly besides squirtle

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
I mean if you could disclose your team pokemon information then we could all make a more accurate opinion. I would choose Jolteon as its my favorite

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I'm not sure what to evolve it into...

I keep mine as an eevee and train it. Then I battle Agatha with it. Bite, Baton Pass and Double Team destroyed her Gengars

Nebbio

NINJA!
Umbreon is the best

Umbreon and Espeon are unavailable in LG/FR due to there being no time system.

I recently finished Fire Red and Jolteon was my highest Pokemon at the end also KOing 3 of the champion's Pokemon.

chocoboy

In School
I say go for jolteon or vaporeon for your team...
But after you can get to Four Island you can always get more eevees and get all 5 evolutions...

Nebbio

NINJA!
Umbreon and Espeon are unavailable in LG/FR due to there being no time system.
I recently finished Fire Red and Jolteon was my highest Pokemon at the end also KOing 3 of the champion's Pokemon.

I say go for jolteon or vaporeon for your team...
But after you can get to Four Island you can always get more eevees and get all 5 evolutions...

Cough.. cough

LimeSoda

I used Vaporeon last time I played Leaf Green, and it was very good. It had lots of HP and was a tank in many cases. This time I'm using Jolteon though, and I love it just as much. It's speed is amazing and it's SP ATT is good so it can one hit lots of things.

I picked a Blastoise though so Vaporeon wasn't really an option the second time.

and Flareon is trash

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I'd probably go for Vaporeon, considering its typing and stats make it a good bulky pokemon, or Jolteon because of its speed and Sp. Atk. Flareon is more of an aesthetic choice imo so unless you chose squirtle/bulbasaur and are not opting for growlithe/ponyta Flareon is a relatively good choice

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
depends on the starter obv. and i remember in my r/b vaporeon was just.. amazing.. i'll probably go that route again.. but make sure to get a female.

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
Evolve it into whatever you need, thats why its there. Thats why they dont give you an eevee in Bw because they give you one of the monkeys