• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eeveelution Wishlist Thread

World Turtle

I've had a thought that certain Eeveelutions might result from exposure to Ultra Space so "Bizarre Alien Biology" comes into play.

Specifically,
Bug-eon: Because a mammal becoming a bug would be weird... even for Pokemon. Plus, Alien Bugs are a common staple of fiction.

Flying-eon: Maybe, it depends if they feel giving Eevee full on wings out of his back (instead of having the ears/tail resemble wings or something) and they consider that too "alien" though I think "celestial" might be a more accurate word.

Ghost-eon: I recall sci-fi shows where characters encounter sentient/sapient gaseous life forms that some members first speculate are "ghosts". Given one would think Eevee might have to "die" to become a Ghost in the traditional sense this might be the more kid-friendly option...

Dragon-eon: If they incorporate 'reptile' traits. Same reasoning for Bug (a mammal becoming a completely different class of animal again odd, though not unheard of seeing as we had a fish become an octopus though Remoraid/Octillery had a gun-to-tank theme going for them especially their beta designs...).

Vapreon worked because marine mammals are a thing and whales had a land walking ancestor at one point.

Steel and Rock depends if they want the evolutionary items to be metals/rocks found from asteroids/planets in Ultra Space (or regular space...).

Last edited:

Tealeaffs

ヒマワリ
Out of the remaining types I'd really like to see a Ground-type or Steel-type Eeveelution. A Bug-type or Flying-type might be cool to see as well, but I'm not sure how they would be able to pull those off.

Orphalesion

Out of the remaining types I'd really like to see a Ground-type or Steel-type Eeveelution. A Bug-type or Flying-type might be cool to see as well, but I'm not sure how they would be able to pull those off.

Do you mean the design or the method of evolution?

Because I don't really see in what way the design of a Flying type Eeveelution would be difficult to "pull off". Slap wings on its back, or wings on it's feet (like the Greek god Hermes) or have it's body be covered in floating clouds or have it sit on a cloud or heck, have it fly by using it's tail like a helicopter's blades. Easy.
With a Bug one it'd be pretty easy as well, just add some insectoid characteristics; bug eyes, pincers, a third set of legs etc. etc. etc. Several types of insect and spider are "fuzzy", so it would work with Eevee being fuzzy.

As to evolution method...yeah...but that's the same problem with all the remaining Eeveelutions, assuming that they continue with the idea of only giving Eeevee new evolutions if a new way to evolve pokemon is introduced. If not then flying would be a good location evolution (the peak of a high mountain, or a windy plane/canyon) and insect might work with an item-bound evolution (Have Eevee hold a cocoon while leveling up, for example)

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Do you mean the design or the method of evolution?

Because I don't really see in what way the design of a Flying type Eeveelution would be difficult to "pull off". Slap wings on its back, or wings on it's feet (like the Greek god Hermes) or have it's body be covered in floating clouds or have it sit on a cloud or heck, have it fly by using it's tail like a helicopter's blades. Easy.
With a Bug one it'd be pretty easy as well, just add some insectoid characteristics; bug eyes, pincers, a third set of legs etc. etc. etc. Several types of insect and spider are "fuzzy", so it would work with Eevee being fuzzy.

As to evolution method...yeah...but that's the same problem with all the remaining Eeveelutions, assuming that they continue with the idea of only giving Eeevee new evolutions if a new way to evolve pokemon is introduced. If not then flying would be a good location evolution (the peak of a high mountain, or a windy plane/canyon) and insect might work with an item-bound evolution (Have Eevee hold a cocoon while leveling up, for example)
what about an event? get bit by a bug for example or train on a team of bugs.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I almost wish Eevee evolved based on what it's Hidden Power was. Grant it HP would need to have all types as options, and eventually enough Eeveelution s for each types.... But it be interesting to have your Eevee using say HP Grass and when it evolves (at say lvl 30 with Hidden Power learned) into Leafeon.

That said, change most Eeveelution to stone Evo, and we can find new stones or items for the "missing" types.

Golden_Arcanine

So...we got Jolteon (Electric), Vaporeon (Water), and Flareon (Fire) in Gen 1. In Gen 2, we got Umbreon (Dark) and Espeon (Psychic). They didn't bring any new ones in Gen 3, and in Gen 4 they brought Leafeon (Grass) and Glaceon (Ice). Adding Leafeon finishes the Water/Grass/Fire trio. Glaceon was the only one who didn't have an obvious reason to be added. They added Sylveon to add to the addition of Fairy type so that was needed. Assuming there are new types, we can probably out a few types. Fighting/Flying don't really make sense given that all of the Eeveelutions have been four-legged animals. Poison, Ground, Bug, and Rock seem unlikely given that they're "secondary" types. I suppose they could try and pump one of the older types up, but those are generally ignored types. I think Dragon, Steel, and Ghost are probably the three most likely adds.

Orphalesion

Fighting/Flying don't really make sense given that all of the Eeveelutions have been four-legged animals.

Again....what do people find so baffling/difficult/unpossible about a fracking dog-fox-cat thing with wings on it's back in addition to the four legs/wings on it's feet/ears that work as wings/clouds enveloping it's body? :rolleyes:

And with fighting...four legged animals can kick, y'know...

Golden_Arcanine

Again....what do people find so baffling/difficult/unpossible about a fracking dog-fox-cat thing with wings on it's back in addition to the four legs/wings on it's feet/ears that work as wings/clouds enveloping it's body? :rolleyes:

And with fighting...four legged animals can kick, y'know...

I mean, I suppose it's possible it just seems unlikely based on what they've done thus far with Eevee. They've had the opportunity to make an Eeveelution lose legs, and the closest they got to that was with Vaporeon. They could have opted to make it in more of a Mermaid themed Pokemon, but they opted to stay with the natural look. None of the current Eeveelutions created an extra appendage fwiw.

And I'm not sure how animals being able to kick could open up fighting. That'd literally create the opportunity to make most Pokemon fighting. I think it'd have to be bipedal in order for it to become part Fighting. I don't see that happening based on what they've done so far.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
I mean, I suppose it's possible it just seems unlikely based on what they've done thus far with Eevee. They've had the opportunity to make an Eeveelution lose legs, and the closest they got to that was with Vaporeon. They could have opted to make it in more of a Mermaid themed Pokemon, but they opted to stay with the natural look. None of the current Eeveelutions created an extra appendage fwiw.

And I'm not sure how animals being able to kick could open up fighting. That'd literally create the opportunity to make most Pokemon fighting. I think it'd have to be bipedal in order for it to become part Fighting. I don't see that happening based on what they've done so far.

I think the fighting should be bipedal and i dont see why they couldnt do that. And it wouldnt be the only bipedal if rock steel or ground for example was the same way and released at the same time as fighting. there are other options to make 4 legs work.
ears or tail turning into some sort of shape that could be used for punching. or it could go up on hind legs to throw a punch with front legs and vis versa and it has some sort of bulk or armor to the design. (not that i think that is a good idea. bipedal is way better in my opinion)
i think they did vaporeon the way the did because it should look somewhat similar too jolteon and flareon since all three were released at the same time.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Well.... Technically not true. Vaporeon gains a fin on top of it's head, and it's tail splits just like Espeon's does. Espeon and Glaceon both gain check fur. Jolteon looses it's tail, and let's not forget Sylveon, who gains long ribbon like appendages (that it has been show it can almost freely control like limbs).

For a Flying type Eeveelution it wouldnt be a stretch, wings on feet or ears seem plausible, and as mentioned a cloud motif could work.

And considering we have 4 /Fighting quadruple Pokemon.... Gaining a fifth as a Eeveelution isn't a stretch. Plus not forms of Fighting involve fists as our plethora of Fighting type 'kicking' attacks show.

Golden_Arcanine

I think the fighting should be bipedal and i dont see why they couldnt do that. And it wouldnt be the only bipedal if rock steel or ground for example was the same way and released at the same time as fighting. there are other options to make 4 legs work.
ears or tail turning into some sort of shape that could be used for punching. or it could go up on hind legs to throw a punch with front legs and vis versa and it has some sort of bulk or armor to the design. (not that i think that is a good idea. bipedal is way better in my opinion)
i think they did vaporeon the way the did because it should look somewhat similar too jolteon and flareon since all three were released at the same time.

Up through this point, we haven't had a bipedal Eeveevolution. I suppose that's possible, but I'm not counting on it happening anytime soon. To me, it's just too match to expect.

Golden_Arcanine

Well.... Technically not true. Vaporeon gains a fin on top of it's head, and it's tail splits just like Espeon's does. Espeon and Glaceon both gain check fur. Jolteon looses it's tail, and let's not forget Sylveon, who gains long ribbon like appendages (that it has been show it can almost freely control like limbs).

For a Flying type Eeveelution it wouldnt be a stretch, wings on feet or ears seem plausible, and as mentioned a cloud motif could work.

And considering we have 4 /Fighting quadruple Pokemon.... Gaining a fifth as a Eeveelution isn't a stretch. Plus not forms of Fighting involve fists as our plethora of Fighting type 'kicking' attacks show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Fighting types that aren't bipedal are Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo. Every other one is bipedal. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's unlikely. That's all.

landipan

I don't think they'd do a bipedal Eevee, I mean I could be wrong obviously, but I just highly doubt it. Plus, like someone mentioned a fighting type Eevee could use it's tail to balance and kick it's legs like a Kangaroo.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only Fighting types that aren't bipedal are Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo. Every other one is bipedal. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's unlikely. That's all.

Not really, those are the 4 I was referring to to show that there is a presidence for quadrupedal Fighting types. And unless they want a large departure from the norm of how Eevellutions are, a hypothetical Fighting type Eeveelution would likely be quadrupedal.

And I can't imagine them opting to skip on a Fighting type Eeveelution just because they have done so few Fighting types that aren't bipedal.

Dragon Pulse

I don’t see what’s so baffling about having a quadruped Fighting-type Eeveelution. It could have its tail be a fist to attack, etc. I’m sure Game Freak would find a way for a four-legged Fighting Eeveelution to work. As for the case of a Bug-type or a Dragon-type (a mammal into a bug/reptile), that isn’t out of the question either. I’ve always seen Sylveon as a little example for what a Bug-type Eeveelution could be like, since I see its eyes to be very similar to a bug’s, and plus it has butterfly patterns on its body.

Orphalesion

If you're talking about flying: AGAIN. Who is talking about removing legs? Ever heard of Pegasus? Ever heard of the Greek Sphinkx. Same principle here, 4-legged Eevee with wings on it's back. As for none of them gaining appendages. Well...it wasn't necessary so far. Eevee is the evolution Pokemon that developes into whatever form necessary to suit it's environment. So wing aren't out of the question, imho. And even without wings on it's bac: give it little wings on it's feet like the Greek god Hermes, have it's ears become wings, have it's tail work as helicopter blades, have it float on a cloud (several Pokemon rely on paraphernalia, like Komala) or have it's body covered in clouds like Altaria.

There's enough fighting moves that are based around kicking and we have the 4 Swords of Justice as quadrupedal fighting types. Could also be a thing were it's quadrupedal most of the time, but when using punching moves it temporarily stands on it's hind legs.

Kirby Dragons

I seriously doubt we'll get any new ones, except a Dragon one. They'd probably create a brand new Pokemon to evolve into all the Physical types (Fighting, Rock, Bug, etc.)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I say wings on the legs because the Eevee portrayed in Everyone's Story had a broken leg implying it's possibly new evolution will include wings on it's healed legs.

Orphalesion

I say wings on the legs because the Eevee portrayed in Everyone's Story had a broken leg implying it's possibly new evolution will include wings on it's healed legs.

It would be my favorite possibility too, since it'd be very unique, we don't have a Pokemon like that yet.

AG128L

Personally, I’d prefer to see the fighting type eeveelution as a quadruped. I’ve seen a design I liked where it had boxing headgear and a punching bag like tail. Other designs focused on kicking could work too. Also, Stufful is another fighting type quadruped. I know it isn’t the final form in its evolution line, but it’s still something. Side note, if it isn’t named Champeon, I’ll be severely disappointed.