• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eeveelution Wishlist Thread

raichu27

I think a Bug and Poison one would be interesting to see. I think the Bug one would have higher physical attack. Not sure how the Poison one would work, maybe higher special attack.

I also think Stoneon would make a good name for a Rock type eeveelution.

Last edited:

Zaide

I think a Bug and Poison one would be interesting to see. I think the Bug one would have higher physical attack. Not sure how the Poison one would work, maybe higher special attack.

I also think Stoneon would make a good name for a Rock type eeveelution.
It sounds weird to me. Orbeon or Graveon (maybe Gemeon, but it's weird to look at) would be my pick.

That being said, the types I don't see making sense for an Eeveelution (to GF) are Bug (I don't see how it can make sense physiologically), Rock (Just think it would have to be similar to the Rockruff line design-wise, and that would be quite redundant), Dragon (Would be badass, but I don't see them turning Eevee into a dragon) and Ghost (Would be quite eerie... although Gamefreak has gone too much greater instances in terms of eerieness).

Personally, I'd like to get 2 eeveelutions out of the following types :
  • Normal : Eeveon would be a pretty cool name IMO. Just a regular level based evolution. I'd make it have balanced stats OR high speed, high attack, and have it learn extreme speed. Since it doesn't get a new type, it would be cool if, as its particularity, it got a special z-move associated with extreme speed, something with like 140-160 BP and still +2 priority. Wet dream would have been guts as one of its ability for facade abuse, but Flareon already has it, so I don't see it. Scrappy, Limber, Defiant, Fur coat and Reckless would be good abilities for it.
  • Flying : As stated above, GameFreak has not been scared to be creative, and with all the pictures from Eevee in planes from a couple months ago on the Project Eevee twitter feed, I was certain we were going to get a flying-type eeveelution. Wouldn't mind if it simply grew wings on its back or had its ears become wings ala Shaymin. Its backstory could be based on its desire for freedom and evasion, which I think is pretty kawaii. As its name, maybe something like Azureon or Ethereon. I would make it fast, and depending on its design, either bulky for a cloud-inspired design, or a mixed attacker with poor defenses for a wing-based design. For a cloud, bulky design, I'd go with one of fur coat, a variant of marvel scale (so the name makes sense), magic guard or fluffy, with the other ability being cloud nine, obviously. For the glass-canon design, aerilate obviously and one of infiltrator, rivalry or super luck.
  • Fighting : No idea for a potential name that sounds cool besides Fighteon, which is just too straightforward. I'd have it be a slow, bulky SPECIAL attacker, rather than the physical attacker most people would expect. Just because I think we don't have enough special attacking fighting types. No idea for a design that would be great without being similar to the swords of justice. Abilities could be scrappy, regenerator, no guard or intimidate.
  • Ground : Just like the idea of a digging eeveelution. Haven't thought much of design, abilities, name, etc though.
  • Poison : Same as ground.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Hey. Let's play a game. Since all signs point to a possible Flying-Type Eeveelution. How about we guess different names for this possibility. It would be quite a surprise if one of us got the name right. Now let's see. Normally they don't come up with obvious-sounding names like Skyveon, Windeon, Airyeon or Wingeon... so how about...
Cloudeon
Angeon
Puffeon
Breezeon (This one sounds pretty cool and natural)
Zephyreon
Celesteon

Luthor

I'd like an eeveelution from the previously physical half of the type split. I think it opens up more option for the future. I, however, think it will be Dragon if it is anything.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
I know that the pokemon cards arent the same as the pokemon games but I just kinda wonder about the Delta Species pokemon cards because one of them was a Flareon that was Fire/Steel typing. they all had some kind of tower (same tower in all of them?) in the background of the artwork and some had lightening coming from it.

KKS-Lapras

I'd like an eeveelution from the previously physical half of the type split. I think it opens up more option for the future. I, however, think it will be Dragon if it is anything.

I disagree that Dragon will be next. I do agree with the first part of your post, about the "previously physical half of the type split". The thing that had me intrigued was all of the, and bare in mind, it could just be that we as fans are picking up on things not meant to be taken literally, but the Eevee in a plane type stuff that was posted and people grabbed on to. I was intrigued, because if Eevee does get a Flying type evolution, then the whole "Special types" argument can finally be put to bed. To me, Flying, Ground, and Poison are the most logical types to be covered. Poison jumps out because we now know that in the lead up to Gen 2, there were once plans for a Poison type Eeveelution, but instead we ended up with Umbreon. Ground has always stood out because it is, in my opinion, such an easy type to transition to, it's such a common element, and it would almost be like the total opposite of Vaporeon. Flying more so recently because of everyone else jumping on it, but also, ever since Sylveon was introduced, there have been ideas in my head of how a Flying type Eeveelution design could be done and not look ridiculous. Prior to Sylveon, I always lumped Flying, in with Bug, Dragon, and Fighting, I thought those 4 types were such drastic changes, but when Sylveon's design was shown, all of a sudden those 4 types started to finally seem less odd to me. I still think Flying is the easiest to picture personally, and I think Bug is the one that to me runs the risk of possibly stretching the line a bit.

I don't know, but I think Flying is the front runner on a lot of peoples' minds, and following after that, I feel Poison and Ground are high on the list of possibilities.

Manchee

extra toasty
I suppose but this way we could have Eevelutions of all the types we don’t have yet that also have unique wings. A Flying/Bug Eevelution would be neat to see.

That sounds more like an idea for an Eeveelution that would keep its Normal-type, and also like an idea that would ruin future Eeveelutions from being made since "they already have them." Plus, if it were Flying or something else that could gain a secondary typing, it would made some previous Eeveelutions less viable if they could be part Flying (which is arguable to some people, I guess).

I would like to see something that can pair with Sylveon, even if they weren't released together. Meaning I would like to see a Dragon, Poison, or Steel. I think that a Dragon-type would be a bit more obviously paired with Sylveon, but in my opinion it would be cooler to see a Poison- or Steel-type that it is weak to (Steel-types are my favorite, so I would highly prefer that over anything else)

Whatever happens, I'd just be excited to see anything, honestly. I would be even happier if they released more than one Eeveelution.

Luthor

I disagree that Dragon will be next. I do agree with the first part of your post, about the "previously physical half of the type split". The thing that had me intrigued was all of the, and bare in mind, it could just be that we as fans are picking up on things not meant to be taken literally, but the Eevee in a plane type stuff that was posted and people grabbed on to. I was intrigued, because if Eevee does get a Flying type evolution, then the whole "Special types" argument can finally be put to bed. To me, Flying, Ground, and Poison are the most logical types to be covered. Poison jumps out because we now know that in the lead up to Gen 2, there were once plans for a Poison type Eeveelution, but instead we ended up with Umbreon. Ground has always stood out because it is, in my opinion, such an easy type to transition to, it's such a common element, and it would almost be like the total opposite of Vaporeon. Flying more so recently because of everyone else jumping on it, but also, ever since Sylveon was introduced, there have been ideas in my head of how a Flying type Eeveelution design could be done and not look ridiculous. Prior to Sylveon, I always lumped Flying, in with Bug, Dragon, and Fighting, I thought those 4 types were such drastic changes, but when Sylveon's design was shown, all of a sudden those 4 types started to finally seem less odd to me. I still think Flying is the easiest to picture personally, and I think Bug is the one that to me runs the risk of possibly stretching the line a bit.

I don't know, but I think Flying is the front runner on a lot of peoples' minds, and following after that, I feel Poison and Ground are high on the list of possibilities.

Truth be told this is a time I hope i'm wrong. I'd love types of the ones you suggest, I'd love one of the former physical types to get one. Dragon would be cool but going to these others as you say would offer other things. Normal would be quite an easy one to do I've always thought.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
All I really want is Drakeon, the Dragon Eeveelution I always wanted as a kid.
But what I hope is that they don't release only one and nothing else. Basically screwed Sylveon haters like me over as we had no new Eeveelutions to use last time. Whatever happened to the Eeveelution pairings countering each other out? Umbreon beat Espeon, Glaceon beat Leafeon, Sylveon.... nothing. Should have been a Poison, Steel, or Dragon Eevee

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
If it's going to be Flying type, I can't see it being named anything other than Aveon (or something like that), and it'll probably have 130 base speed too

Would like to a Steel, Ghost or Dragon one though

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Some Ideal names for the next Eeveelution:

Draconeon - Dragon type Eeveelution
Roceon - Rock type Eeveelution
Spookeon - Ghost type Eeveelution
Ireon - Steel type Eeveelution
Aveon - Flying type Eeveelution
Fisteon - Fighting type Eeveelution

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm thinking three this generation

Ghost type-it'd give the grave sites a reason to exist other than a few battles and a few Pokemon. This eeveelution would be the comforter of the dead, when someone dies in the wilderness this Pokemon finds them and stays with them until someone finds them. When a beloved human or Pokemon dies it'll go inbetween the spirit realm and mortal realm.

Flying type-You'd have to take it to a very high elevation and level Eevee up. This powerful Eeveelution searches endlessly for lost travelers. When it finds a lost person or Pokemon that's hurt they'll gently grab onto them and take their passenger to a large nest to be healed.

Normal type-Silk scarf an Eevee and get it to level thirty. This Pokemon is the ruler of sorts of the other Eeveelutions, a single glare or growl will silence even the most unruly of Eeveelution. They prefer to remain hidden and will actively attack poachers. They'll consider you a member of their pack if you earn their respect.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I look it from a different perspective.

I always associate Eevee family as if they could have still evolved via evolutionary stones, if the trend would have continued in Generation I. If you think of it:
  • Espeon: Sun Stone, Umbreon: Dusk Stone, Leafeon: Leaf Stone, Glaceon: Ice Stone, Sylveon: Shiny Stone.
No one could've disagreed, if they would've evolved via the aforementioned stones. So, I'd very much like the next member of the family to resemble either Moon or Dawn stones, whatever type it/they end up with.

Either Flying or Fighting types are the ones I'd welcome the most.