• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eeveelution Wishlist Thread

Creyk

Not exactly. I think you have to realize that it wouldn't be that different from Umbreon and Espeon. When you imagine a dark-type eeveelution, do you imagine moon-light glowing symbols on Umbreon's body. Or for Espeon, do you imagine it having an odd-looking tail with a psychic gem and a more cat-like body? I'd imagine it'd be something simple-looking.

A Fighting type Eeveelution likely will be one of the more odd looking, for the very reason discussed above, in order for it to work, it's going to likely have bulky weird appendages

It could just have a very developed tail and fight with that. There is aqua tail, tail whip, iron tail, many tail using moves already. They could make a tail using fighting type new move and there, it's done

Creyk

I'd be happy with any cute eevee evolution that does not include flesh clothing. I keep wanting a fairy eevee and then realizing the ribbon tentacle creature sylveon is that. Most likely guess for this generation matches others of steel or dragon (prefer both as I'm greedy). Ghost type would be really interesting. Just hoping to get at least one eevee evolution this generation ^_^

It would be cute if the evolution method for ghost eevee was that it had to level up then faint before the battle ends to turn into that.
Sadly it would probably just evolve with a dusk stone or something like that

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It could just have a very developed tail and fight with that. There is aqua tail, tail whip, iron tail, many tail using moves already. They could make a tail using fighting type new move and there, it's done
That can work. It's tail's fighting style would be similar to Mienshao's whip-like arms.

KKS-Lapras

It would be cute if the evolution method for ghost eevee was that it had to level up then faint before the battle ends to turn into that.
Sadly it would probably just evolve with a dusk stone or something like that

This theory has come up in the past, and I wish they'd do something like that, utilize defeat in a sense, but I doubt they'd do that.

keithpetrosky

I’d like a Normal evolution. Think a hairless fox and call it Ugleon, it should be opposite of a cute eevee. Maybe too many faints make it neglected and unhappy so it mutates

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If there is any new Eeveelution's in these games, then i would guess them to be 'Dragon' & 'Steel' types, to represent the mythic stories revolving around Dragon's and Knight's, that are popular around UK.

ShadowForce720

If there is any new Eeveelution's in these games, then i would guess them to be 'Dragon' & 'Steel' types, to represent the mythic stories revolving around Dragon's and Knight's, that are popular around UK.

Well if we do get a Dragon and Steel type Eeveelutions this gen maybe there names could break down like this:

Galeon(Steel type) Gallant+Eon
Wyvereon(Dragon type) Wyvern+Eon

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Knighteon and Drakeon need to happen this generation
Whatever Eeveelution we get though, I just hope they never obtain trade evolution status

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I think we need a Dragon-type Eeveelution in this Gen or something like that. Dragoneon? Dracoreon? If you guys also want a Dragon-type Eeveelution, be my guests. :)

KKS-Lapras

I think we need a Dragon-type Eeveelution in this Gen or something like that. Dragoneon? Dracoreon? If you guys also want a Dragon-type Eeveelution, be my guests. :)

By itself, no a Dragon type Eeveelution isn't my first choice. In a pair of Eeveelution's, fine, but not by itself.

The Pokemon Observer

Observing and studying Pokemon from afar
I've thrown this idea around on Twitter, but I think it would be interesting to see an Eeveelution based on the Arthurian Legend and make it a steel type with the name being Excaleon. It evolves when the player draws the sword from the stone.

KKS-Lapras

I've thrown this idea around on Twitter, but I think it would be interesting to see an Eeveelution based on the Arthurian Legend and make it a steel type with the name being Excaleon. It evolves when the player draws the sword from the stone.

Maybe, not a sword, but some metal object being retrieved from an isolated/sealed location. Though with Sword as one of the title objects, it can't be ruled out.

The Pokemon Observer

Observing and studying Pokemon from afar
Maybe, not a sword, but some metal object being retrieved from an isolated/sealed location. Though with Sword as one of the title objects, it can't be ruled out.

Yeah. I just think it would be interesting to have an Eeveelution based on the Arthurian legend. I love the Arthurian legend, so if its in the game, it'll make me enjoy it a lot more. Plus Excaleon sounds so cool.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Considering the region, and how the Fairy-type Sylveon debuting alone, I'm hoping we get a Dragon one AND a Steel one this time.

1. Britain-based region is perfect for those types
2. Along with Sylveon, they make another semi-triangle like the first three Eeveelutions.
3. Dragon would finally finish all the "previously pure special" types, with Steel starting the "previously pure physical" types.

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Frankly, before adding in new types, I'd rather they fix how Eevee evolves into its non-Kanto forms

Espeon - Dawn Stone
Umbreon - Dusk Stone
Leafeon - Grass Stone
Glaceon - Ice Stone
Sylveon - Shiny Stone

Then utilize the Sun and Moon Stones for the region after they'd be thematically appropriate

Maybe a Sun Dragon and Moon Knight, who were revered by the Galar Royal family for whatever reason, probably related to the war with Kalos everyone so desperately wants

Hanto

Water Addiction
Plz no eeveelution.
Sick of them, pikachu, lucario and whole Kanto hype already

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The most likely Eeveelution is a Dragon-type. All Eeveelutions are types that were purely Special before the split and Dragon is the only one that is missing and Sylveon has no counterpart unlike the other sets.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
I think this new region is a great opportunity for
a Steel and a Dragon type
or
a Steel and a Rock.
There seems to be many caves, industrial things, and well, dragon references.
I'd be happy with a bug type that is based off of a bumblebee though :) :)

KKS-Lapras

The most likely Eeveelution is a Dragon-type. All Eeveelutions are types that were purely Special before the split and Dragon is the only one that is missing and Sylveon has no counterpart unlike the other sets.

By itself, no please, for the very reason you just said. I personally don't want that theory given credence to the "Special" types theory. As a pair or a set, if Dragon is one of 2 or 3 new Eeveelutions, fine, but by itself, no, that would be my personal absolute choice for a standalone Eeveelution.

Plz no eeveelution.

Why did you come to the Eeveelution thread, if you don't want new Eeveelutions? Those of us posting in this thread obviously do want new Eeveelutions obviously do want new Eeveelutions, that's the point of the thread.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Plz no eeveelution.
What Lucario hype? What Pikachu hype? What Kanto hype?

Just because they're in the trailer showing off improved lighting and attack animations doesn't make it hype

That's like slamming the game for daring to show the Galar region at all

"How dare they hype up this new region, it's terrible!"