• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eeveelution Wishlist Thread

KKS-Lapras

One thing that over the course of the next couple months to keep an eye on, I don't remember how reveals worked back during the build up for Gen 2, but in Gen 2, the Dark and Steel types were introduced, and we got Umbreon. In Gen 6, the Fairy type was introduced, and we got Sylveon, which was teased and revealed April-June of that year. I don't think it's likely we'll get a new type in Gen 8, but if we do, it'll be interesting to see if a new Eeveelution is introduced of that new type, and if so, will it be teased in advance like happened in Gen 6.

There's also the other example, Gen 4, Leafeon and Glaceon I believe were kept secret til just before the game launched.

ditto247

a rock type eeveelution seemingly would have chance as well if they are playing with the natural vs industrial theme, paired with a steel type eeveelution.

or possibly ground type, which i always for some reason picture having a feature similar to vaporeon, vaporeon's ability to dissolve/become one with water molecules, a ground type eeveelution being this able to break down dissolve/become one with say sand.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I wouldn't necessarily mind new Eeveelutions, but at the same time, I'm content with the ones we have.

KKS-Lapras

I have a feeling we will be getting Flying and Steel types in SwSh.

I had, and it appeared many others as well, been on the Flying type Eeveelution band wagon after the "Eevee on a plane" photo from a year ago. That I suspect was promotion for Let's Go Eevee. Obviously, at the end of the day, if they introduce new Eeveelutions, they could go with any new type, but the theme of this Gen does seem to be a cross between Industrial and Medieval/Armor. Both to me personally scream Steel type, Dragon type also comes to mind with the Medieval/Armor theme, which considering that is the last type I'd want, ugh...

The only thing about this region that brings up the idea of Flying to me is since it is a rather large mostly land-locked region, I could see where Flying would be a beneficial evolved trait. Ground and Rock also would fit in such a region.

DSDark

Breeder
Ghost and Dragon. Bulkly physical attacker for dragon and Fast special attacker for ghost

KKS-Lapras

Ghost and Dragon. Bulkly physical attacker for dragon and Fast special attacker for ghost

I'd love a Ghost type Eeveelution, but what makes you think that's what will be introduced?

DMB1985

If new Eeveelution's are added then I'd like to see Ghost (Wispeon) and Poison (Radeon). I would also like to see existing Eeveelution's given signature moves or abilities - such as a fire version of Extreme Speed for Flareon - in order to help boost their waning/non existent usefulness.

But with that said, I would much rather see Game Freak show some love to many of old and forgotten Pokémon such as Girafarig, Stantler and Tropius than have another Eeveelution.

KKS-Lapras

If new Eeveelution's are added then I'd like to see Ghost (Wispeon) and Poison (Radeon). I would also like to see existing Eeveelution's given signature moves or abilities - such as a fire version of Extreme Speed for Flareon - in order to help boost their waning/non existent usefulness.

But with that said, I would much rather see Game Freak show some love to many of old and forgotten Pokémon such as Girafarig, Stantler and Tropius than have another Eeveelution.

Why are those two things mutually exclusive. New Eeveelution, and love to forgotten Pokemon.

DMB1985

Why are those two things mutually exclusive. New Eeveelution, and love to forgotten Pokemon.

Of course both can happen but with a Pokedex slot taken up for another Eeveelution, the chances that something that actually needs a bit of attention getting an evolution is reduced, especially if the trend of less new Pokémon each gen continues.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Tie one last one on with Dragon to finish out the special trend, and then let’s move on. I love this Pokémon family, but it’s approaching obsolete each and every Gen, not to mention tedious. A dragoon Eeveelution with some excellent abilities and it’s stats distributed purely on offense would make for a photo finish. Something like Adaptability or Protean as its HA, and Multiscale or Shed Skin as it’s normal ability.

65/95/60/110/60/130 as the stats go. Bolt/Beam/Thrower type moves because, you know, dragons are elemental and all. Let it get Roost because there’s no such thing as a dragon who doesn’t just chill every once in a while and it’s a crime that Game Freak doesn’t want to make that connection! Besides, it’d have the defenses of a Fearow with those stats.

KKS-Lapras

I get that some people don't want any more Eeveelution's at all, but this thread is the Eeveelution Wishlist thread, so can this thread please be just left to speculation and theorization from those who want new Eeveelutions and believe they will be coming to fruition?

Also, there are some people who say, "I wouldn't mind new Eeveelutions, but there are other past Pokemon I'd rather get attention.", that's great, but the two things are not mutually exclusive or tied to each other, so if there's other Pokemon you want to get some attention/an evolution, please, go to the general New Pokemon thread, and state your desired Pokemon there, cause this thread isn't for that kind of speculation.

Some people come off as being buzz kill posters, and as someone who's been a member here for over a decade, I've never understood why. Let those of us who wish to speculate do so in peace.

All that out of the way, the top Eeveelutions I want are Poison, Ghost, Flying, and Normal, however, the Eeveelutions I think are most likely this Gen are Steel, Dragon, and Rock, just based on region theme and aesthetic of what we've seen thus far.

KKS-Lapras

I dream of one day having an eeveelution of every type. For this gen my top choices are steel and dragon. Would love to see both, but will be happy with either as I do feel they make the most sense with the region.

I also hope we eventually see an Eeveelution for every type. It's the evolution Pokemon for a reason, there's not point in committing only part way. Finish the job. Some of the remaining types present such interesting potential design wise, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Flying, and Fighting, and even the ones that I expect are likely going to more straight forward, Rock, Normal, Ground, and Poison will likely end up not being exactly as expected.

LeHarrt

I wish for an evolution of each type but would like Dragon, Steel and Ghost over the others.

I also wish for better movepools/ hidden abilities for all Eeveelutions.

Nodame

Misty <3
I dream of one day having an eeveelution of every type. For this gen my top choices are steel and dragon. Would love to see both, but will be happy with either as I do feel they make the most sense with the region.
I have a feeling we will have one for each type. Eeveelutions are so popular in Japan. GF know about it of course :3

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
K so not a huge fan of getting more Eeveelutions, but this idea kinda came to me earlier.It's basically an Eeveelution that looks a bit like a skunk.

Smelleon (or maybe Odoreon? Stencheon?)
Poison

Smelleon, The Foul Odor Pokemon.
A misunderstood Pokemon, for generations many would avoid letting Eevee evolve into it. Due to it's habit of defending itself when startled by releasing a terribly foul odor from their tail.

In truth this Pokemon actually absorbs toxins and carbonoxide from the air and purifies them in it's body, the smell it makes is an unfortunate byproduct of the process.

Last edited: