• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eeveelution Wishlist Thread

I like the fact that each time new Eeveelution are introduced uses a new method that is new to that gen. I think that stops Eevee from being predictable and I want them to continue that.
That's a great observation! People often fixate on the "even-Generation-pattern" for new Eeveelutions, but what you mentioned makes a lot of sense:

Espeon & Umbreon = both of time-of-day and Friendship (not counting the rudimentary partner Pikachu-exclusive variation) were new in Gen II
Leafeon & Glaceon = evolution in specific locations was new in Gen IV
Sylveon = Affection was new in Gen VI (in addition to the entirely new type)

KKS-Lapras

I know I'm hitting the head on a point that will probably go no where til the games release, but this is, besides the starter evolutions, and if there's going to finally be a Dark type gym, the thing I'm most curious about. I wish that they would treat all new Eeveelutions with the same fanfare they did for Sylveon. I know it was a new type, and that was the main reason why it was so heavily promoted early on, but still, I want something concrete to go off of so badly.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have this real affinity for the number 8, so I kind of hope that we don't get anymore Eeveelutions from that. Plus, the Eevee evolution chart is nicely laid out.

I mean, I wouldn't be upset with one, but I like what we have already.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I said this is another thread, but steel and dragon would be perfect to fit this region! Although I'd love to see the concept for a ghost eevee as well. It would be interesting to see the evolution method that would be used to explain eevee dying and becoming a ghost, lol. A flying eevee concept could be really awesome too!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Julia Artemis said:
Definitely unoriginal but want Steel and Dragon. But if it's a swerve and it's actually Ghost and Fighting that would be amazing!

I haven't really considered what a Steel-type evolved stage of Eievui (Eevee) would look like. I generally view Steel-types as being bulky or heavy, so it's hard for me to imagine an evolved form of Eievui that's a Steel-type unless Game Freak makes its design look sleek like Eievui's other evolved forms.

KKS-Lapras

I haven't really considered what a Steel-type evolved stage of Eievui (Eevee) would look like. I generally view Steel-types as being bulky or heavy, so it's hard for me to imagine an evolved form of Eievui that's a Steel-type unless Game Freak makes its design look sleek like Eievui's other evolved forms.

I personally expect that a Steel type Eeveelution would be very sleek in design, not bulky. I also suspect it would defy expectation and be fast, like a bullet or speed train type idea.

rhynosaurus

Every Eeveelution can utilize any activatable weather or terrain in some positive capacity, except for sandstorm. So for the adaptability Pokemon I'd love rock, ground, or steel. Rock would utilize sandstorm best, but Steel would be fitting especially if we also got a dragon eevee.

KKS-Lapras

I know it's not likely, but the three I most want to see are Ghost, Poison, and Flying. Ghost because it I suspect it's design would be really neat, and because it would go so well with Sylveon, Espeon, and Umbreon. Poison, because we know at one point in development for Gen 2, Umbreon was originally going to be Poison type, so GameFreak already considered it, and I suspect it would have a cool design as well. Flying, because of all the Flying teases we got a year ago, when everyone thought the Eevee it last year's movie was going to evolve into a Flying type Eeveelution, it's design I also suspect would be really cool. Steel and Dragon still seem most likely this time around.

Sabre_King

I believe the two evolutions we can see this time around are steel and dragon. I think these two types just fit the nature of the region perfectly and I could see the steel type west a suit of armor and maybe the tail becomes a sword. Whereas the dragon type could have wings but could not. I think overall both would have very cool designs; plus I can see the steel type being more a defensive Pokémon’s with maybe a somewhat could attack stat but I would like to see the dragon type have good HP stat and a good special attack stat

My curveball for this generation if there’s a potential third or just out of the blue choice would have to be ground. I would want a ground type because normally each eeveelution has a type to counter act except slyveon at this point sine we don’t have steel or poison, but the only way to counter jolteon is with a ground type. The ground type would have to be a physical attacker.

DannyDark

A Normal-type eeveelution with an ability that changes its typing every 2-3 turns.

I know we don't have every type yet, but adding a bit of 'pazaz' to the eevee line would be cool, as opposed to "here's another eeveelution, but in this type now,". Like.. I feel, this far in, a new type is no longer interesting enough on its own.. it needs something unique, like a move or ability, to make it noticeable.

Luthor

A Normal-type eeveelution with an ability that changes its typing every 2-3 turns.

I know we don't have every type yet, but adding a bit of 'pazaz' to the eevee line would be cool, as opposed to "here's another eeveelution, but in this type now,". Like.. I feel, this far in, a new type is no longer interesting enough on its own.. it needs something unique, like a move or ability, to make it noticeable.

Well I wouldn't be opposed to each eeveelution getting a signature move.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
A Steel type heavily designed around knights and Saint George (the patron saint of England) and a corresponding dragon type.

And make Dragon weak to Steel, while the devs are at it.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger

What about:
  • Galaran Eevee: Which retains the current 8 eeveelutions but their Galaran forms are from the pool of missing types. (i.e. G. Vaporeon is Poison, G. Espeon is Ghost, G. Jolteon is Steel, G. Flareon is Dragon, G. Leafeon is Ground? G. Umbreon is Fighting, G. Sylveon is Bug, G. Glaceon is Rock.)
  • Obviously some of the above don't sound right so what about the Galaran Eeveelutions are Dual Typed? (Vaporeon is Water/Poison, Leafeon is Grass/Ground etc)
  • Or the Galaran Eevee just gets entirely new eeveelutions.
  • Or they add another pokemon like eevee which gets its own set of evolutions from the missing types.
EDIT: Or they could just keep giving us new single type eeveelutions for the next 30 years, and if/when they actually run out of types they can think of some new gimmick like a regional variant, dual typed eeveelutions or new eevee-like pokemon.

EDIT2: OR Eevee gets a pre-evolution with a new incense, and that pre-evolution (Ivi?) gets a split evolution into something other than Eevee (Let's call it Oovoo - working name - And Oovoo gets its own Oovoolutions.)

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

What about:
  • Galaran Eevee: Which retains the current 8 eeveelutions but their Galaran forms are from the pool of missing types. (i.e. G. Vaporeon is Poison, G. Espeon is Ghost, G. Jolteon is Steel, G. Flareon is Dragon, G. Leafeon is Ground? G. Umbreon is Fighting, G. Sylveon is Bug, G. Glaceon is Rock.)
  • Obviously some of the above don't sound right so what about the Galaran Eeveelutions are Dual Typed? (Vaporeon is Water/Poison, Leafeon is Grass/Ground etc)
  • Or the Galaran Eevee just gets entirely new eeveelutions.
  • Or they add another pokemon like eevee which gets its own set of evolutions from the missing types.
EDIT: Or they could just keep giving us new single type eeveelutions for the next 30 years, and if/when they actually run out of types they can think of some new gimmick like a regional variant, dual typed eeveelutions or new eevee-like pokemon.

EDIT2: OR Eevee gets a pre-evolution with a new incense, and that pre-evolution (Ivi?) gets a split evolution into something other than Eevee (Let's call it Oovoo - working name - And Oovoo gets its own Oovoolutions.)

I just want them to keep adding new Eeveelutions. The variations of new Evolution methods is enough change. They need to finish what was started, an Evolution for each type.

Mag Prime

The Pokemon Avenger
I just want them to keep adding new Eeveelutions. The variations of new Evolution methods is enough change. They need to finish what was started, an Evolution for each type.

Well, I'm with you there but I wonder whether it was ever their intention to end up with an eeveelution for every type. If it was then it's a really long-term plan they've got there because it's been 23 years and we are still less than halfway through. Imagine being in the room when that decision is made.

Satoshi Tajiri: So listen up guys. Starting with Pokemon Gold/Silver I have this plan to create an eevee evolution for every type within the next 50 years.

Idk. Maybe they did plan this and they are just rationing them out so they last for a long time. Maybe this "every even generation" thing is actually intentional. It does seem that way because it's happened 3 times but it could also just be a huge coincidence. After all gens 2 and 4 got a lot of cross-gen evolutions in general and gen 6 introduced a new type.

I guess gen 8 will conclusively confirm of disprove this.