• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Effects Of Boxing Your Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoness Abivelus

Dragon Trainer

In either Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee, if you put your Pikachu/Eevee into the box, what gameplay mechanics do you miss out on?

If you box your starter it still rides on your head/shoulder. So if the Pikachu/Eevee starter is boxed, but still rides on us, can we still interact with it and bond/pet/feed it, dress up with it, use it's special abilities (Cut/Fly/Surf)? Does boxing your starter only changes wether it is in your battle party or not?

Personally if this is the case, I'm boxing the crap out of my pre-ordered Eevee so I can form the team I want, not the team I'm forced to have. I would have used the starters if you could evolve them but I dislike Pikachu and Eevee (Raichu is adorable and I love some of the Eeveelutions!). I'm aware you can catch OTHER Pikachu/Eevee and evolve them but they won't make my team personally.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Pikachu and Eevee will remain with you even if you box them; they just won't be usable in battle.

I am looking forward to this, given I want to assemble Lorelei's team in this game.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Can we have other Pokémon in our shoulder ? Or just the starter ? :(
It seems like the starter only. Another pokemon can be rideable or will follow you just like in HGSS

Status
Not open for further replies.