• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EffortfuLillie! A Determined Runaway Act! (994)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
EffortfuLillie! A Determined Runaway Act!

With Lusamine having been taken into Ultra Space by Nihilego, Nebby having evolved into Cosmoem and unable to move, and Lillie encountering her childhood fears, Lillie & Gladion decide to head to Poni Island in order to find a way to get through to Ultra Space to save their mother. Meanwhile, Ash consults with Hala after learning that Lillie has run away. Will he be able to help?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
BGM during the title screen is changed.

Didn't see 'Dragonium Z' anywhere in the episode (or did i miss it?).

Silvally OHKO'ed the Totem Kommo-o thanks to its 'Fairy Memory'.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash can't carry logs in this saga, but picked up a 999.9 Kg Pokemon like a toffee.....talk about anime logic. :p

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Have to say really disappionted with Silvally in the episode.....common you a beast slayer. I get that Liliie needed to play an important part in this episode, but for the sake of nerfing Silvally? It seemed like Silvally wouldn't have been able to beat Totem Kommo-o without the Fairy type memory.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Damn it, why won't the writers give Shiron a new move already, Powder snow is so boring -_-...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Damn it, why won't the writers give Shiron a new move already, Powder snow is so boring -_-...

It still got quite a part to play in the battle, so I don't get it why are you so disappointed.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I'm glad they didn't pull a Serena 2.0 and just had Lillie change her outfit without all the crying and rethinking everything. She went home and got straight to the point. I also enjoy how she's become more assertive with people around her. I'm assuming they're going to reverse Lillie's and Lusamine's interactions and have Lusamine call her out on her BS. Lillie has been rude to Lusamine ever since she got the show (wether it's right or wrong is your opinion) and now is crying because she lost her mother who's she's been nothing but rude to. I'm guessing Lusamine has some backed up anger from her children resenting her and will fully showcase it once they meet. It's like one those "you don't know what you have until it's gone" thing.

The Aether siblings batting was bad a** not going to lie and I'm glad they didn't just have Gladion do all the heavy lifting and Lillie staying on the side lines. This would of been a perfect episode for Snowball to learn Blizzard or Ice Beam instead of spamming Powder Snow but oh well.

Anyway I love how the Trial Captains are fully involved in the AF and I wish we could of got to see Poni more. It just seems weird rushing the Aether Plot and rushing everything. Oh well I guess we will see it when Ash returns.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Really good episode overall though nerfing Silvally during the Totem fight(for the sake of Liliie and Shiron playing a part) was the part I didn't like. It should have been an outright stomp anyway. But yeah the intensity of the climax was clearly evident through Lillie and Gladion in this episode, and Liliie was a badass throughout the episode, just like Gladion. The cliffhanger ending of the episode clearly sets up the curiosity and hype for the next episode, with all the 4 Tapus coming in! 9/10.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Really good episode overall though nerfing Silvally during the Totem fight(for the sake of Liliie and Shiron playing a part) was the part I didn't like. It should have been an outright stomp anyway. But yeah the intensity of the climax was clearly evident through Lillie and Gladion in this episode, and Liliie was a badass throughout the episode, just like Gladion. The cliffhanger ending of the episode clearly sets up the curiosity and hype for the next episode, with all the 4 Tapus coming in! 9/10.

How would it be an outright stomp if Silvally was battling a whole nest of Jagmoo-o and Hakamo-o along with a Totem? It would get massively outnumbered so it needed some support.

p96822

Evolve me please
I think Lillie change is really lazy compare to her game counterpart and Serena because she really didn't do anything to deserve it or she didn't change that much to have this change

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Most likely because Lillie isn't a full-fledged trainer yet, that's why they aren't focusing on Shiron's move-set yet.

Still, she could at least learned Ice Beam... Powder Snow is getting tiring at this point
I think Lillie change is really lazy compare to her game counterpart and Serena because she really didn't do anything to deserve it or she didn't change that much to have this change

Her mother who she treated like crap was abducted protecting her. If Lillie would of moved away faster, Lusamine wouldn't of gotten taken. She probably blames herself for all of it. I would think saving your only single parent from being taken into another dimension would be good enough. She's received enough internal growth to finally touch Pokémon and be confident within herself, skills she will use to save her mother

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How would it be an outright stomp if Silvally was battling a whole nest of Jagmoo-o and Hakamo-o along with a Totem? It would get massively outnumbered so it needed some support.

Eh Totem Kommo-o easily resisted Crush Claw from Silvally, and they made it seem like Silvally wouldn't have beaten Kommo-o without the Fairy type memory(which got knocked away from Gladion's hands and he needed big help from Shiron freezing the ground to retrieve it). I have no idea how that makes any sense, since Silvally is supposed to go toe to toe with the UB's.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Eh Totem Kommo-o easily resisted Crush Claw from Silvally, and they made it seem like Silvally wouldn't have beaten Kommo-o without the Fairy type memory(which got knocked away from Gladion's hands and he needed big help from Shiron freezing the ground to retrieve it). I have no idea how that makes any sense, since Silvally is supossed to go toe to toe with the UB's.

It blocked one attack. That doesn't mean that Silvally literally stood no chance. Fairy Memory was Lillie's idea because it seemed that Gladion didn't think of that. Also, to retrieve back the Fairy Memory would be difficult if Silvally went on its own to take on all those dragons around by itself. "Is supposed" also doesn't mean that it has currently the power to be an UB slayer.

p96822

Evolve me please
Her mother who she treated like crap was abducted protecting her. If Lillie would of moved away faster, Lusamine wouldn't of gotten taken. She probably blames herself for all of it. I would think saving your only single parent from being taken into another dimension would be good enough. She's received enough internal growth to finally touch Pokémon and be confident within herself, skills she will use to save her mother

She still didn't do anything to help Gladion or Ash in the last episode like she could have used Shino Power Snow to freeze Faba or even command Shino to help out. At least her game counterpart had a reason why she couldn't do anything to save her mom because of not having any Pokemon

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It blocked one attack. That doesn't mean that Silvally literally stood no chance. Fairy Memory was Lillie's idea because it seemed that Gladion didn't think of that. Also, to retrieve back the Fairy Memory would be difficult if Silvally went on its own to take on all those dragons around by itself. "Is supposed" also doesn't mean that it has currently the power to be an UB slayer.

Honestly if you're talking about taking 'all dragons by itself', then those Dragons were basically ally Pokemon, and Ash's Rowlet has got wins against ally Pokemon, and Shiron was also holding them off. So logically those ally Pokemon shouldn't be anywhere close to Silvally's strength. And Jessie's Mimikyu, Ash's Litten and Lana's Popplio have got wins against Totems so far, so how does it make sense for Silvally to have difficulties against a Totem?

And Silvally is built to be a counter to be the UB's(most probably will have to combat them in SM53), was shown pushing away Nihelego in the flashback, easily KO'd Faba's Pokemon(which were depicted to be quite strong), easily defeated Dusk Lycanroc as Type:Null. So considering it's strength, it did look like PIS(for the sake of Lillie and Shiron playing a part) for Silvally to have difficulties in the Totem battle.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Eh Totem Kommo-o easily resisted Crush Claw from Silvally, and they made it seem like Silvally wouldn't have beaten Kommo-o without the Fairy type memory(which got knocked away from Gladion's hands and he needed big help from Shiron freezing the ground to retrieve it). I have no idea how that makes any sense, since Silvally is supossed to go toe to toe with the UB's.

Remember, the main gimmick of Silvally is its type changing ability.
Even against the UB's Silvally can't do much if it didn't have the right 'Memory' on it (as seen when it faced Nihilego in the previous episode).

As for its battle against Totem Kommo-o, member a Silvally without any 'Memory' on it is just a Normal type, so obviously it would be at a disadvantage. On the other hand, with 'Fairy Memory' its 'Multi-Attack' is 4 times SE against it, it would also negate any damage from it.

Just be ready to see Gladion spam tons of Memory's during the fight against UB's (don't expect him to use Z-Move with Silvally).

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
She still didn't do anything to help Gladion or Ash in the last episode like she could have used Shino Power Snow to freeze Faba or even command Shino to help out. At least her game counterpart had a reason why she couldn't do anything to save her mom because of not having any Pokemon

She was still to upset to see Nihilego to battle it or Faba. And freezing Faba wouldn't of done much considering he had no control over it anyway. If Pikachu and Silvally were getting their butt handed to them, what would Snowball logically be able to do?