• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EffortfuLillie! A Determined Runaway Act! (994)

Xuxuba

Well gamefreak keeps saying "2018 or later" for the Switch game, so I'm pretty sure they're aiming to release the game next year if possible, but can't commit to the possibility, hence the later.

I'm guessing the anime has also been informed to wrap up the main plot by 2018 by gamefreak, due to the possibility of the Switch game in 2018. However, I'm sure if the game releases in 2019, the anime will probably add in an extra arc to buy time. I just seriously hope it's something good, like maybe Rainbow Rocket, and not something like DA.

That is definetly a possibility, but that would be kind of weird if we think about it, cuz this world's Team Rocket remains active and RR is supposed to represent what would have happened if the Teams weren't defeated, but TR was never truly defeated and disbanded in the anime.

Maybe they will make a arc where Necrozma the villain?
I just hope they won't come up with a filler arc like DA. If they do i guess i will skip most if not all of the episodes.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I think this arc is way too rushed compared to what Pokemon XYZ did with it arc

Not at all, this arc is way more interesting than the XYZ one in my opinion. Yes it's rushed but the writers are really taking their time to give each episode meaning. You never know what's happening next and that's what's keeping people watching.

andrewscott48209

I'm trying to think of a feasible explanation as to how Ash and the others crossed the bridge, but I actually can't come up with anything, unless James let the professors borrow the keys to the family helicopter and they just didn't show it on screen. As for how Lillie and Gladion reached Poni Island... Perhaps Silvally swam over there from Melemele? Either that, or the Aether family owns more than one boat, and Gladion has a license to drive a boat. I think the latter is more likely than the former, but who knows?

Maybe they used Kiawe's Charizard .

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Epicocity

Not at all, this arc is way more interesting than the XYZ one in my opinion. Yes it's rushed but the writers are really taking their time to give each episode meaning. You never know what's happening next and that's what's keeping people watching.

I'd disagree that each episode is giving it meaning, though. I mean, of the 8 that we've had so far, they fall prey to, essentially, what SM does in the first place. Episode 45 was a glorified filler of Nebby being a troll, and while TRio were alerted to Nebby, so far, nothing's come of that, really. 48 was a large filler except for 30 seconds at the beginning and the ending, and then the last 3 have actually given something that has pushed the plot forward. Even 46 was tenuous at best since so much of it was focused on finding a Ditto. And this is just as the series is, not comparing to another series.

Whether you find that more interesting is your prerogative, but there's no denying it's pacing is horribly off, in the same way shoving a huge, dense island like Akala into 7 episodes was.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I'd disagree that each episode is giving it meaning, though. I mean, of the 8 that we've had so far, they fall prey to, essentially, what SM does in the first place. Episode 45 was a glorified filler of Nebby being a troll, and while TRio were alerted to Nebby, so far, nothing's come of that, really. 48 was a large filler except for 30 seconds at the beginning and the ending, and then the last 3 have actually given something that has pushed the plot forward. Even 46 was tenuous at best since so much of it was focused on finding a Ditto. And this is just as the series is, not comparing to another series.

Whether you find that more interesting is your prerogative, but there's no denying it's pacing is horribly off, in the same way shoving a huge, dense island like Akala into 7 episodes was.

I'll give you the Akala arc because that was atrocious. The reason was because we barely got explore the Island and it was just battle after battle and trial after trial. At least in the Aether arc, we've got to explore Gladion, Lusamine Faba and Lillie as characters and see the Foundation a couple of times. I wouldn't call episode 45 apart of the Aether arc exactly but one can say it was building up for Nebby to teleport Ash to Gladion and Nebby helping Lillie regain her memories. That episode was just showcasing Nebby's teleport powers, a power that would eventually move the plot forward. And 48 was used to build up Lusamine's and Lillie's relationship with each other and having Burnet give Lillie a heart to heart about her mother.

Last edited:

Rajas

I'm trying to think of a feasible explanation as to how Ash and the others crossed the bridge, but I actually can't come up with anything, unless James let the professors borrow the keys to the family helicopter and they just didn't show it on screen. As for how Lillie and Gladion reached Poni Island... Perhaps Silvally swam over there from Melemele? Either that, or the Aether family owns more than one boat, and Gladion has a license to drive a boat. I think the latter is more likely than the former, but who knows?

Well we did see them leave on the boat so I guess the only way is via Popplio's balloons as DatsRight said above. As for Gladion he is hella resourceful, I'd give him that so I wouldn't pust it past him. He's probably the most competent character in the series. .

Epicocity

I'll give you the Akala arc because that was atrocious. The reason was because we barely got explore the Island and it was just battle after battle and trial after trial. At least in the Aether arc, we've got to explore Gladion, Lusamine Faba and Lillie as characters and see the Foundation a couple of times. I wouldn't call episode 45 apart of the Aether arc exactly but one can say it was building up for Nebby to teleport Ash to Gladion and Nebby helping Lillie regain her memories. That episode was just showcasing Nebby's teleport powers, a power that would eventually move the plot forward. And 48 was used to build up Lusamine's and Lillie's relationship with each other and having Burnet give Lillie a heart to heart about her mother.

I would want to give 48, except all of that was focused in the last and first moments of the episode while the rest had next to no real focus on Lillie but the fun sleepover actions instead. They could have easily removed 48 and put it in 46, or done more with it, and the arc would remain largely unchanged.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally watched this weeks episode and I really enjoyed it. While nothing significant happened besides Gladion beating Totem Kommo-o, it was more of an episode to set up for the next one.

It was nice to get Z-Lillie in this episode and I loved seeing how determined she was to save Lusamine, which would make it all the more heartbreaking if what people are speculating is true and Lusamine’s mind gets poisoned by being stuck in the Ultra Beasts World. I’m definitely looking forward to when they go into the Ultra Wormhole.

It was nice see Ash consulting Hala about what to do instead him rushing headfirst, which he usually does. Granted he had no idea where Gladion and Lillie went to but still. It was nice to see him go to authority instead taking matters into his own hands.

That battle against the Totem Pokemon seemed rushed to me. I know the main point of the episode was everyone getting to the Altar of the Sunne but I really would love more of an intense between Silvally and Kommo-o.

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode. I give it a 8.5/10. They definitely could have done a lot better with it but since it was more of setup episode, I can let it slide. Looking forward to the next episode and seeing Solgaleo in the anime excluding Ash’s dream from SM44.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I would want to give 48, except all of that was focused in the last and first moments of the episode while the rest had next to no real focus on Lillie but the fun sleepover actions instead. They could have easily removed 48 and put it in 46, or done more with it, and the arc would remain largely unchanged.

What? Did you miss Lillie talking to Burnet about how she couldn't relate to the others due to her strained relationship with Lusamine?

The sleepover was character focusing, which led to the talk between Burnet in the first place.

Epicocity

What? Did you miss Lillie talking to Burnet about how she couldn't relate to the others due to her strained relationship with Lusamine?

The sleepover was character focusing, which led to the talk between Burnet in the first place.

I didn't miss that, but it was still the tail end of the episode with most of the focus not on Lillie until that point. Just the last conversation led into that, but the Z-Move pose game not as much. There were a lot of things that were largely unneeded for driving the point of the episode.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Boy, this arc is just speeding right along, isn't it? So, we're totally seeing Gladion and Silvally on the ice in Pyeongchang next year, right? They've got my vote!

I know they squeezed quite a bit into 30 minutes, but I do appreciate that after Lillie spent the first part of the Poni Island trek being dead weight for Gladion, she was able to put her tactical side to good use in dealing with the Totem and its flunkies. And I also like the teamwork angle with Ash and the Trial Captains; especially with how it's tied into Alola's culture of sharing and supporting one another. It's something the games were a bit hit-and-miss with, in my opinion. I am going to dock this episode for (what I assume is) the animation for Clanging Scales. For Kommo-o's signature move, it was pretty bland looking. It was completely upstaged by the fairy Multi-Attack for me, visually. And I was looking forward to seeing how the anime would show it. Ah well. Time for Nebby to make Litten really jealous.

Rajas

It was nice see Ash consulting Hala about what to do instead him rushing headfirst, which he usually does. Granted he had no idea where Gladion and Lillie went to but still. It was nice to see him go to authority instead taking matters into his own hands.

Well he only did this because Kukui told him to tbf, otherwise he'd have sat there not knowing what to do. It's a bit funny seeing as he should remember his dream showing him the place because Burnet already showed him it and he knows about it. Makes me wonder where his head is at times.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This is a very good set up episode. I loved seeing Lilie and Gladio exploring on their own, and I was glad that we got to see Jaraco, Jarango, and Jararanga. Silvady was amazing in this episode, but it's too bad that Satoshi's involvement was somewhat limited. It would've been nice if he had fought the Jararanga on his own.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wouldn't quite call that condescending, though. Neglectful, sure, but not condescending. I'd say about the only real thing they kept of Lusamine from the games, so far, is that she decides what's best for everyone, but even that is so heavily downplayed as it's only brought up once in regards to Clefairy, really, and being the source of Lillie's anger towards her mother. I guess I just feel they don't really do a good job of showing why Lillie should be mad at her mother outside of not getting to spend time with her. But that's my personal impression.

It's a bit subtle, but Lusamine's attitude basically reeks of "Lillie is still a baby and can't do anything on her own". That kind of attitude from a parent can be very damaging and insulting to a child of Lillie's age, where children need belief, support, an attitude of "I know you can do this". I've seen similar situations in real-life and I'd say it's pretty realistic, this stuff really strains a relationship. I think they also do a good job of showing that despite their strained relationship they still love each other. Lusamine still tries to keep in touch (although clumsily) by making Hobbs film Lillie at home and is genuinely happy for Lillie when she learns how to touch pokémon and genuinely proud of how well Lillie performs in the pokémon school. Meanwhile when Lusamine gets abducted by Nihilego Lillie makes the decision to go on a quest to save her, abandoning her safe environment, and in 49 you also saw Lillie seeking support from Lusamine with her being terrified of Ultra Beasts after what happened.

As for the pacing, I think it's interesting that there are people complaining about filler stuff like the sleepovers and yet there are also complaints of the pacing and story going too fast. I think they could have spent a bit more time exploring Akala, I'd have liked to see Konikoni or the Battle Royale, but I'm going to hold my judgement until later. My theory right now is that they might want to use this first Lusamine abducted plot to set up a later story arc going much deeper in Ultra Space and Ultra beasts, maybe with the Ultra Recon Squad. And they still have a third island to go to.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Good episode from what I could tell. I'm just glad everyone's here, sure we knew they were going to be here but after not getting involved with Lillie's abduction I've been worrying that they wouldn't do anything.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
She was in the one region that introduced fashion styles and could have had the potential to change looks a lot, but apparently, that was too Sakura Kinomoto hard for the budget.

Who's Sakura Kinomoto?