• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Egg Breeding Locations

Argentarus

I haven't seen any of the popular locations for egg hatching across the current generations posted all in one spot anywhere, so I'll post the popular areas and the ones I use here. (I generally like the scenic ones)
Feel free to share any other good hatching locations, too.
(Locations marked with Asterisks(*) include "spin tiles" and thus require a directional button to be held down around specific tiles.)

Kanto - Route 2 through to top of Route 1 / Viridian Gym* / Botttom of Route 22 / Cycling Road / Celadon City & Route 24 / Rocket Hideout* / Rocket Warehouse* (Island 5)/ Sevii Island 7 / Underground Paths

Johto - Route 34 and Goldenrod City/ Route 44 / Route 47 (on bridge)

Hoenn - Verdanturf through to Route 118 (RSE), Verndanturf to Route 117 (ORAS) / Mauville City (requires going into the top-left corner in any of the little shops along the walls and putting the C-pad into a down-right diagonal position; ORAS only)/Battle Resort (ORAS)

Sinnoh - Through Solaceon Town & Routes 209 & 210 / Seabreak Path / Fuego Ironworks*/ Florama Town to Valley Windworks / Sinnoh Cycling Road

Unova (B/W) - Castelia City (Best area is "the waterfront") / Skyarrow Bridge / Marvelous Bridge / Route 3

"New" Unova (B2/W2) - Virbank City & Virbank Complex / Route 4 (Black 2; while avoiding the breeder) / Marine Tube

Kalos - Lumiose City (Centrico Plaza) / Camphier Town though to Connecting Cave / Route 6 / Route 8 / Cyllage City / Lysandre Labs* / Route 19

Alola -
Melemele Island: Route 2 / Route 3 / Hau'oli City Shopping District

Akala Island: Heahea City up to the Hano Great Resort entrance/ The fenced area by the Pokemon Nursery / Route 8

Ula'ula Island: Route 10 / Ula'ula Meadow / Lake corridor / Mount Lanakila (Pokemon League section)

Poni Island: Stairs leading to the Altar

Galar - Bridge Field and Route 5 (of course) / East of Motostoke / Circhester (Rightmost street) / Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I usually prefer to hatch my eggs in unique locations or locations that usually you don't expect to see for the Pokemon.

For example, in Gen 4, I actually take the time to hatch my eggs in the moomoo milk Cafe or the church-like building in Hearthome, since those two areas actually have their own location header (so if an egg hatch inside the Cafe, the summary will say it was hatched in the Cafe)

Another example, would be hatching Fire-types in an icy location, and Ice-types in a desert location XD

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I usually prefer to hatch my eggs in unique locations or locations that usually you don't expect to see for the Pokemon.

For example, in Gen 4, I actually take the time to hatch my eggs in the moomoo milk Cafe or the church-like building in Hearthome, since those two areas actually have their own location header (so if an egg hatch inside the Cafe, the summary will say it was hatched in the Cafe)
^This. I also like hatching my eggs in locations such as Outcast Island, Scorched Slab, Ember Spa, Three Isle Port, Dotted Hole, Tanoby Key, Pledge Grove, Cave of Being, and Verity Cavern.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I tend to cycle close to the breeding center, given I'm usually there to complete my Pokedex post-game

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
I would also like to mention that Sinnohs cycling road is also good. Fly to Eterna and bike from there: after the white line the game moves you down for you, so if you position your character right you only have to press up to get back to the top of the road and repeat. Saves your fingers a bit and I find it helpful for hatching long egg steps like Gible.

If you breed for ivs like me the battle Frontier when you first go inside from the Fight Area on Platinum has some nice stairs and such to cycle on, this also means you can hatch there and check ivs without needing to fly.

On HGSS I also like the National Park for egg hatching, as well as Route 10 on BW due to the lovely music in both locations :).

Also just wanted to mention if people don't know that in Emerald and Platinum, if you save before taking an egg, after its generated(when the daycare man is holding it) the nature and ability are set, but you can sort reset for ivs. Not sure if it works in other games as I mainly use this in the aforementioned games, helpful if you don't want to hatch many eggs for ivs and want a certain ability and nature, although the this does require to have the ability and nature be right first, which is done to luck and an Everstone working respectively.

Oh and Unova also has the very handy long path on the breeding route, which connects to Nacrene City and Pinwheel forest before Skyarrow Bridge for a longer path :) Village Bridge is also good and has nice music ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have to say, I liked the Battle Resort in ORAS for hatching eggs. I found that its the best place to hatch eggs.
Yeah that one was definitely the best one out all the Egg hatching locations. Just hold up on the D-pad and you're in an infinite loop.