1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Egg Hatching Shiny Glitch

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by t.A.T.u, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t.A.T.u

t.A.T.u Member

Tested and works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_8mX9UZU4

2. superpoke

superpoke Apollo Creed Elite

dude this is an awesome method
    i have got to test it out!

3. LoneStarAkira

LoneStarAkira +1 cookie for troll

One question, though, since they never cleared it up on the video.

The non shiny Munchlaxes were in the box, so I assume it's safe to visit that PokeCentre to put away hatched Pokemon?

Well, I got nothing better to do today, so I'll give it a shot. :/ I'll just do something simple, like Magikarp.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  4. Dragon Rules

Dragon Rules No longer trading.

Does it really work?I'm going to try it right now!

5. Emperuto

Emperuto Beware seawaves!!

Cool! I can't wait to try it out!

6. mxe567

mxe567 AVOID MY STINGER XD

im also going to try it and i'll post back to speak on it...hope its not a waste of time:)

7. SerenadeSP

SerenadeSP My Loyal Feraligatr

That's pretty amazing. I'd do it on Diamond, but I have no room in the PC <_<

8. Krake

Krake Flabebe's Kids

I ought to try that. I was breeding for Riolus with Blaze Kick, and I'd have to try that sometime.

9. mxe567

what happens if i reject more than 42
    will i have to start over?

10. _Suicune_

_Suicune_ Crystal Gem

For someone who can't chain (like me :D) this sounds awesome. I'm going to try it on Pearl right now (wish I could on Diamond but my pc is almost full).

11. Edit: changed my mind.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  12. Nintom64

Nintom64 Pokemon Breeder

im game to give it a try

13. mxe567

yes i've rejected 30 eggs

14. Kiara

Kiara A wild Zorua!

Giving it a try =o I'm horrible at chaining... I only have one shiny and it's purely by luck.

15. hello moto

hello moto Top of the morning

I highly doubt this is going to work.

i hope this doesn't work out, like that guy on the video said, Shinies are already so common with the pokeradar and such, this would just ruin shinies.

16. Tyrant Tar

Tyrant Tar Well-Known Member

Wait, I'm confuzzled. I thought rejecting the egg didn't 'delete' it, the old man just kept it until you accept it.

And the 43rd egg is shiny? The vid seemed to contradict itself, after showing 3 boxes of Munchlaxes and saying something about 20 Vulpixes.

17. hello moto

hello moto Top of the morning

No the 43rd egg is not shiny, but the eggs after the 42nd egg are likely to be shiny. E.g.- The guy hatched 3 boxes full of Munchlaxes after the 42nd egg and got a shiny.

It's preety time consuming.

18. mxe567

i think the vid said to reject the first 42 and then accept the 43rd and the rest of them and this is supposed to increase ur chances to 1/200 of getting a shiny. No where was it stated that the 43rd is shiny...and the guy said it took him 68 eggs after the 42 to hatch the munchlax...and u reject the egg by saying no to the old man twice
    for the vulpix it only took 20 eggs to get a shiny after he rejected the first 42

19. Tyrant Tar

Tyrant Tar Well-Known Member

OK, thanks.

It sounds like it was merely a coincidence, those shinys. Reminds me too much of those god-awful rumors way back in the RBY days...

20. pkmnhippy

pkmnhippy Banned

I think it's fake, otherwise someone would of found something wrong with the coding, wouldn't they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.