• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Egg Hatching Shiny Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.A.T.u

Tested and works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_8mX9UZU4

Here's how it works:

Reject the first 42 eggs. That means say no to the man when he has an egg. Let him keep it 42 times.
Take the 43rd egg, and each egg afterwards and hatch them until you get a shiny Pokemon

You CANNOT:
Encounter wild Pokemon
Encounter Trainers who want to battle
Turn off your game (unless you saved before taking a shiny egg)
Use the HM FLY or anything to change your position.

You can, however, still run up and down between Route 209 and Route 210 through Solaceon Town.

And that's really all there is to it, which makes a veteran shiny hunter like myself, upset.

Even though you still had to work and get good at the PokeRadar, using this Egg chaining thing makes shiny Pokemon seem obsolete. You can get the Starters, Riolu, ANYTHING THAT CAN BREED shiny using this method.

Heartbreaking, especially since it took me a week of SRing to get my shiny Totodile. Today, it might not even take me 2 days.

The odds are assumed to be the same as having 40 Pokemon in the chain while using the PokeRadar: 1 in 200.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
One question, though, since they never cleared it up on the video.

The non shiny Munchlaxes were in the box, so I assume it's safe to visit that PokeCentre to put away hatched Pokemon?

Well, I got nothing better to do today, so I'll give it a shot. :/ I'll just do something simple, like Magikarp.

Last edited:

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Does it really work?I'm going to try it right now!

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
im also going to try it and i'll post back to speak on it...hope its not a waste of time:)

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I ought to try that. I was breeding for Riolus with Blaze Kick, and I'd have to try that sometime.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
what happens if i reject more than 42
will i have to start over?

_Suicune_

For someone who can't chain (like me :D) this sounds awesome. I'm going to try it on Pearl right now (wish I could on Diamond but my pc is almost full).

Edit: changed my mind.

Last edited:

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
yes i've rejected 30 eggs

hello moto

Top of the morning
I highly doubt this is going to work.

i hope this doesn't work out, like that guy on the video said, Shinies are already so common with the pokeradar and such, this would just ruin shinies.

Tyrant Tar

Wait, I'm confuzzled. I thought rejecting the egg didn't 'delete' it, the old man just kept it until you accept it.

And the 43rd egg is shiny? The vid seemed to contradict itself, after showing 3 boxes of Munchlaxes and saying something about 20 Vulpixes.

hello moto

Top of the morning
And the 43rd egg is shiny? The vid seemed to contradict itself, after showing 3 boxes of Munchlaxes and saying something about 20 Vulpixes.
No the 43rd egg is not shiny, but the eggs after the 42nd egg are likely to be shiny. E.g.- The guy hatched 3 boxes full of Munchlaxes after the 42nd egg and got a shiny.

It's preety time consuming.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
i think the vid said to reject the first 42 and then accept the 43rd and the rest of them and this is supposed to increase ur chances to 1/200 of getting a shiny. No where was it stated that the 43rd is shiny...and the guy said it took him 68 eggs after the 42 to hatch the munchlax...and u reject the egg by saying no to the old man twice
for the vulpix it only took 20 eggs to get a shiny after he rejected the first 42

Tyrant Tar

OK, thanks.

It sounds like it was merely a coincidence, those shinys. Reminds me too much of those god-awful rumors way back in the RBY days...

Status
Not open for further replies.