• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Egg Moves in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet Via Mirror Herb

GWKai

I understand that generation 9 brings a new way to give your Pokémon Egg Moves, Players no longer have to breed within egg groups to obtain desired moves.
There is a guide here, which perfectly emulates how to use picnics/mirror herbs to get egg moves on your mons.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Wait Egg Groups aren’t a thing anymore? So I don’t need to catch both genders of Pokémon that don’t have gender based evolutions anymore? I can have a female of any Pokémon (if there are two genders) and there will be an Egg appearing at some point with an Egg move?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wait Egg Groups aren’t a thing anymore? So I don’t need to catch both genders of Pokémon that don’t have gender based evolutions anymore? I can have a female of any Pokémon (if there are two genders) and there will be an Egg appearing at some point with an Egg move?

You don't even have to worry about that, if you have the Pokemon you want to know the move and the Pokemon that has the move, despite gender even if both are male or female, if both are holding a mirror herb then open Picnic and then exit out.

If the Pokemon you wanted to learn the move has an empty spot for the move, it will know it when you leave the picnic.

So quick to do.

ShadowForce720

You don't even have to worry about that, if you have the Pokemon you want to know the move and the Pokemon that has the move, despite gender even if both are male or female, if both are holding a mirror herb then open Picnic and then exit out.

If the Pokemon you wanted to learn the move has an empty spot for the move, it will know it when you leave the picnic.

So quick to do.
It’s a nice change, but one thing that they changed that I don’t understand why they did it is the fact that in Sword&Shield you were able to use a rare Candy to evolve a Pokémon that’s at level 100 for example if you had a Skwovet at level 100 you could use the rare candy to evolve it despite it being level 100.

But for some reason in Scarlet&Violet they took out this change so that once a Pokémon is at level 100 you can’t use a rare candy to evolve it.

So for instance say you didn’t know you had to have Primeape use Rage Fist 20 times and then level it up to evolve it so your Primeape winds up reaching level 100 without evolving and you didn’t find out about the evolution requirements until after it reach level 100.

This basically means that you could never evolve your level 100 Primeape. I just don’t see any good reason that you shouldn’t be able to evolve your level 100 Primeape using a rare candy.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Egg groups and such are still a thing, Mirror Herbs just mean there is a way to get what were Egg moves onto pokemon without actually breeding them. It's like the pokemon that knows the move somehow teaches the pokemon with the Mirror Herb the move. This also has enabled male-only pokemon to have "Egg" moves (though since no eggs are involved perhaps they should be given a different name, like "Mirror Herb move" or "Picnic move").

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!

So quick to do.
Interesting. I’ll have to try this out sometime.