• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eggs

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
Can you clone eggs?

IDEA: Lets say you are hatching for shiny pokemon: ex, tangela. When you get the egg, you save then hatch it. Lets say one of your pokemon eggs ls lucky, and its shiny. You reset, and clone the egg. That way, where ever you trade the egg, the person who recieves it will be its original trainer. When i get shinys, I always like it to read me as its OT. Would this work?

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
gee, everyone here is a big help! Just Kidding!

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
yes, it does work.

don't get impatient just because nobody answered in 39 minutes. just calm down and wait for the people who actually know the answer to respond, and expect it to take up to a day or two. if you get an answer faster, don't assume it's standard, but that you got lucky.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
it works! i know!! my friend did it once~

txdaan

Who reads this is...
once you recieve the egg the stats (shinyness, IV's) are unchangeable...
so yes it works

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
yeah it works, but its hard to find a shiny regardless of wether you egg it or not