• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

EGM release new Wii details

Paradox

Irate Pirate
http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9103
Breaking: EGM breaks news of a hidden speaker in the controller, plus a price-point, Twilight Princess tidbits, launch windows for Mario, Metroid & Smash Bros., and screens!

The new issue of EGM Magazine appears to have the scoop on several pieces of information, firstly that the Wii will tentatively be priced at around $249 (that's £134, €117) and will always be online - even when the console is switched off. In suprise news, there is also a speaker in the 'wii-mote' controller - which will make sounds during play.

The virtual console will not have improved graphics for its games (no mention was made of improvements in running speed) and the estimated prices will be "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64". TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases. The Wii will also apparently have more third-party exclusives than the Cube.

As for Twilight Princess, the game was 80% complete at the time of press, and Nintendo have confirmed the delay was for graphical tweaks, adding Wii functions and because they wanted the game to be measured on a scale of 1 to 120 instead of just 1 to 100!

When playing the title on Wii, you will be able to use the special controller, though sword fighting is still performed with the A button. There are some situations where you will be able to swing the controller to use the sword, but Nintendo found it was too tiring to do it constantly.

The title will be wide-screen, and there are plans for a part of it to be online-enabled (but it won't be a battle mode). Already, the game has more dungeons than Ocarina of Time and more items too. Navi will appear when you play the game on Revolution, but not on GameCube.

Finally, in this barrage of new information, it was confirmed that Smash Bros. Wii would indeed be heading for an Autumn release, apparently along with a brand new Mario title! Could this be the infamous Mario 128 at last? Two new titles - Godzilla and Snoopy Vs The Red Baron, both from Atari - were announced, and it was revealed Metroid Prime 3 would release sometime in 2007.

If this hasn't got you hyped for tomorrow's explosion of Nintendo news, we don't know what will. Oh, actually, we do: scans! Check out Twilight Princess with the new Wii HUD for the first time, and the new Tennis title!
wiishots.jpg

Is it just me or does Twilight Princess look less washed out than before

Ex_Mightyena

Mightyena Master
When playing the title on Wii, you will be able to use the special controller, though sword fighting is still performed with the A button. There are some situations where you will be able to swing the controller to use the sword, but Nintendo found it was too tiring to do it constantly.
lol I find that hilarious!

For once I get to post second :)

Zelda probably looks a bit washed out as it might of been in a different mode which their normally is sometimes a close up of the bow and arrow when you go to use it.
Or it may looked washed out as that picture you posted is of a terrible quality,but the games on a real screen will be excellent!

I heard the mario title was mario galaxy or something along the space lines.

On the internet all the time?Oh dear is that a good thing?Will it cost or require broadband?:(

PS:
zelda_twilight_princess_09.jpg

There that dont look washed as such,actually Im not even sure If Im allowed to post that big or even if the pic is real,but it looks qualified enough!

Last edited:

Hoshi no Kabii

For once I get to post third :)
The virtual console will not have improved graphics for its games (no mention was made of improvements in running speed) and the estimated prices will be "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64". TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases. The Wii will also apparently have more third-party exclusives than the Cube.
Awsome! Now I can complete my collection of Kirby games! But, I'll probably spend all my money on old games instead of the new...

In suprise news, there is also a speaker in the 'wii-mote' controller - which will make sounds during play.
ROFLMO!

firstly that the Wii will tentatively be priced at around $249 (that's £134, €117)
That is not priced as cheap as they mentioned before :(

And why would it need to be online when it is turned off? That sounds cool, but then again, everything cool comes with a price. It could constantly update itself with high scores and the likes.

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Having seen the E3 conference they got everything right but the wiimote can control the swords movement in TP. Also the scan youve shown is from the time magazine.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
£134 is still cheap fopr a brand new console if you ask me. I mean, the Xbox360 is something like £400 here, I think, or it may be £300, I am not sure.

I wonder if the mario 128 game will be released at e3. I hope so.

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Eh... I hope this 'always online' stuff won't require broadband. Or have it atleast be optional.

But, geez, I dunno which version of TP I want now. And I don't see myself being able to get the Wii when it first comes out unless my parents will help me. Eek.

leafgreen386

no troll
Anyone who's played mario power tennis, take a close look at that tennis pic. Look familiar?