• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ehh??? Why doesn't Ruby Remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explodium

You know, how Ruby and Sapphire both confessed, but why doesn't Ruby seem to remember... Is it something to do with when he entered the void??? Cuz I just read the Emerald series and Ruby doesn't seem to recall their confessions

Phoenix Fire

scream your self
I think he probably does remember, but he doesn't mention it or talk about it. Not yet, anyway~

JFate

Travelling Trainer
The topic is actually debatable. He either remembers and just choose to forget for some reason or that when he released Celebi, an alternate continuity was made and he never got to confess or something like that.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
All of the above or because he is a man.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Erm, I don't think it has something to do with the alternate continuity, otherwise, Sapphire herself won't be remembering she confessed on her part... =P

I suppose he just doesn't want to talk about it considering he's uneasy towards such things...

zogu

I also do not think it have anything to do with the time continuity... if you look at Ruby's facial expression and the casual way he said it in Sapphire's recollection in Vol. 28, it is obvious that he wants to maintain the status quo so to speak.

Ryan Cheong

Ruby maybe forgot or maybe he is just acting. You know Ruby's personality. He is a guy who likes to say "No" even he did that. You can see Ruby always says "I don't know" when the reporter asks him about something about Team Aqua in the past. Ruby still remember that because when Spenser has a scary looking at Sapphire's eyes, Ruby was worried and protect rush to protect Sapphire.

But if he really forgot, then maybe because of Celebi's Time and Space changed everything (Norman and Steven get alive.)

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Dude.

He's 11. (All pokemon trainers start at 10, and after each Series, all the characters age one year.)

Yeah, he's so going to admit he said he loved a girl.

PokemonFan_Samuel

Pikachu's Owner
Ack, Ruby just doesn't want to get involved in the "love matter"...
It just isn't into his nature......

He's just acting numb and probably won't "evolve" their relationship into the "sweet couple" mode anytime soon...

It's not bad in anyways. It's actually more interesting!!!

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
maybe those are all true....

but what if he didnt mean what he said??????

BUMMMMM BUMMMMM BAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

heatran_ran

Lost in Ilex Forest
??? well... this is interesting. Maybe he ... I don't know.... JUST FORGOT? yeah, right.

I think that the winds probably affected his brain, making him from a stupid, idiotic, random, melodramatic, lovestruck boy to a stupid, idiotic, random, melodramatic boy.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
melodramatic? you hit the nose on that. but why doesnt ruby remember.... theres only one person to ask. who on this forum is an expert on the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Of course he remembers. It's just that HE. IS. TWELVE (Checked this time, he was eleven in R/S).

Did you go out proclaiming your love when you were twelve? No, you didn't. At that time the opposite gender was a bit disgusting to you.

Basically, he's not going to admit it for another four years.

Get used to it.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
four years???? then why did he say it at the end of the RS saga?

four years???? then why did he say it at the end of the RS saga?

I'd say he was probably just caught up in the moment and didn't quite realize what kind of consequences could later come about. He definitely remembers, because in the Emerald arc, after Sapphire lost to Tucker's Salamance, she commented on how much she hated Salamance, and he said something about how it was an important Pokemon in their past, making her geek out and question him (he'd been playing dumb up until then), to which he acted like he'd never said a word.

[Edit] I never got to finish this post as I was cut off, but anyways... As I was saying, because he remembers their past, he definitely remembers the confessions. After all, their past and their confessions pretty much go hand in hand. ^_^

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Actually, he wasn't sure if he was going to even live, and he only said that after Sapphire told him she loved him.

And 16 is the time most people begin a steady relationship.

Bueno~

Brazilian Trainer
Of course he remembers. It's just that HE. IS. TWELVE (Checked this time, he was eleven in R/S).

Actually he is eleven in both RS and Emerald arc.
There is only a few months from timeskip.

And I'm sure he remembers, but I agree with BlitzBlast.

sacred

Dragon Tamer
agreed this is quite a debatable topic. however i think tat ruby remembers their confession, but its just tat he thinks tat going on a relationship at their age is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.