• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
Edward Elric said:
Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;

Anywho, interesting thing I've noticed. Adan's VA has voiced two characters that are VERY similar to eachother. What do I mean? Let's take a look, shall we?
(image snipped)
On the left is Frank Archer from Fullmetal Alchemist and on the right is Adan from Pocket Monsters AG. Here are their similarities:

• Both characters are voiced by the same man.
  • Both characters have stylish, slick hair.
  • Both characters have the same, thin eyebrows.
  • Both characters have slightly closed eyes.
  • Both have the SAME bulbous chin.
  • Both wear blue outfits.

Quite funny, no?
o_O Adan's eyebrows don't look very thin to me...

Chris

Old Coot
Sorry, not thin. x_X Meant they've got a similar shape to them. That's what I get for not paying attention to what I type.

Edward Elric said:
Why does everyone assume I'm some crazed guy who does nothing but yell and scream? --;

because that is what you would usally do! who do you (or anyone) think will do Adan voice in the dub?

G

Gryphon Turboclaw

Edward Elric said:

Anywho, interesting thing I've noticed. Adan's VA has voiced two characters that are VERY similar to eachother. What do I mean? Let's take a look, shall we?

[img135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/archdan.jpg[/img135]
On the left is Frank Archer from Fullmetal Alchemist and on the right is Adan from Pocket Monsters AG. Here are their similarities:

• Both characters are voiced by the same man.
  • Both characters have stylish, slick hair.
  • Both characters have the same, thin eyebrows.
  • Both characters have slightly closed eyes.
  • Both have the SAME bulbous chin.
  • Both wear blue outfits.

Quite funny, no?

For some reason, I'm suddenly thinking of Major Altell(sp?) from Zoids: NCO...

Some notes/questions about this battle:
-----I *can* understand Grovyle getting creamed by Luvdisc(the latter's essentially a water-type Jumpluff), though I would have greatly preferred that Ash had been successful in recalling the beleaguered raptor.
-----Whiscash's finisher against Corphish was Rock Smash? The yellow glow around the fish has me thinking "Spark Attack".
-----I particulary enjoyed reading about Swellow's demolition of that aforementioned Whiscash...who'd have thought that a swallow pokemon could such a good impression of a cormorant or a loon?
-----During the final phase---Pikachu vs. Milotic---how come Adan never had Milotic use Mirror Coat? Given his substantial expertise, he had to have know that the sea serpent could learn it; also, it would have rendered Pikachu's Thunder---and Thunderbolt, by extension---all but useless(think those Thunders were painful? Double the strength and drop them on *Pikachu*).

Overall, an impressive gym battle episode(no interference from TR this time!), but marred by holes one could drive Team Aqua's Antey-class through...

Chris

Old Coot
Gryphon Turboclaw said:
-----Whiscash's finisher against Corphish was Rock Smash? The yellow glow around the fish has me thinking "Spark Attack".
It was indeed Rock Smash.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Gryphon Turboclaw said:
-----During the final phase---Pikachu vs. Milotic---how come Adan never had Milotic use Mirror Coat? Given his substantial expertise, he had to have know that the sea serpent could learn it; also, it would have rendered Pikachu's Thunder---and Thunderbolt, by extension---all but useless(think those Thunders were painful? Double the strength and drop them on *Pikachu*).
Indeed, it may have been an even better defense than Milotic already had, perhaps they thought Mirror Coat and Recover was too much? It's acceptable since Mirror is a special egg move in the game and thus needs special training in the anime.

However, there are various good reasons. For one a Pokemon using Mirror Coat does take damage, full damage in the game and some damage in the anime. For another, we've seen that Pikachu has learned how to under some circumstances recieve electric attacks (i.e when it absorbed Nosepass's Zap Cannon and sent it back). Imagien that, Milotic sends back a doubled Thunder only to have Pikachu ram all the energy back at it (before it could charge another Mirror Coat.

Thirdly, we've seen with Counter and Mirror Coat that it can be gotten past if a foe attacks quickly enough or from an unexpected angle (unlike the games where it always works if the user is still conscious).

And finally, since Milotic was in water, sending back the Electricity would send some into the water around it (since Thunderbolt and Thunder are rather massive, not thin beams and Mirror Coat tends to send energy back in a large mass), and thus potentially electrocute it (depending on the nature of the Mirror Coat shield).

MaskedManAbsolkid

It does look good, as the battle looks fascinating, but part of it was copied from a previous episode. Pikachu ran up Milotic's back, like Pikachu did with Gyarados in the battle against Clair.

Alfonso

Derpgull
stuarthillman said:
because that is what you would usally do! who do you (or anyone) think will do Adan voice in the dub?

Either Ted Lewis, Eric Stuart, Jimmy Zoppi or Matt Miller. I'd place my bets on Ted Lewis... Eric tends to do the more goofy characters, such as James, Brock and Pegasus, Jimmy does... *thinks* rather nasely sounding characters, such as Haga-sama from Yu-Gi-Oh (As a matter of interest, Haga-sama's Japanese voice is done by the woman who does Raichu. XD) and Todd/Gary/Mr. Major. As for Matt Miller... I have no idea. I'm still placing my bets on Ted Lewis.

Why those four? Because 4Kids rarely bring in new VA.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Going OT Alfonso who do The English Dub Yu-Gi-OH! know as Haga-Sama is that uhm Weevil, Rex Raptor, Espa Robo or someone else. I excpect Adan to be done by a Serious voice.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Alfonso said:
Either Ted Lewis, Eric Stuart, Jimmy Zoppi or Matt Miller.

Matt Mitler's a great voice actor, it wouldn't suit him to do Adan though, we need a more sophasticated voice actor(whoever did Brago from the Pokémon Poacher brothers would be a brilliant choice!) I think everybody liked Gary's dubbed voice, even the anti-dubbers. Although Matt Mitler's contribution towards Pokémon is somewhat questionable, I think he was asked "Who's your favourite character?" and replied "I couldn't care less". Hmm sums him up I guess.

We could also just get a new voice actor altogther, but I like the guy who did Brago anyway.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Any Clue on the Approximate Age of Adan even though it should go in the Age thread lol, Blaziken Trainer Here is Jimmy Zoppi's TV Tome Voice List Mainly Gary Oak, Weevil Underwood, Lumis, Todd, Dr. Namba and Steven Stone stick out the most IMO. As for Matt Milter, Thatcher, and Pryce only in Rage of Innocence stick out the Most IMO.

Last edited:

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Who did Ted Lewis do in Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh?

Swellow said:
Any Clue on the Approximate Age of Adan even though it should go in the Age thread lol, Blaziken Trainer Here is Jimmy Zoppi's TV Tome Voice List Mainly Gary Oak, Weevil Underwood, Lumis, Todd, Dr. Namba and Steven Stone stick out the most IMO. As for Matt Milter, Thatcher, and Pryce only in Rage of Innocence stick out the Most IMO.

I'd say he's about in his mid-30's. hmm...37

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
jolteonjak said:
Who did Ted Lewis do in Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh?

I'd say he's about in his mid-30's. hmm...37
let me see
Pokemon:Tracey,Giovanni, misc.
Yu-gi-oh: Bandit Keith, Bakura, Alister, misc.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Swellow said:
Going OT Alfonso who do The English Dub Yu-Gi-OH! know as Haga-Sama is that uhm Weevil, Rex Raptor, Espa Robo or someone else. I excpect Adan to be done by a Serious voice.

*SEMI OFF TOPIC ALERT* Shu, Edward, shu! *pokes* Haga-sama, or rather, Insector Haga, is Weevil Underwoord. For reference point, Rex Raptor is Dinosaur Ryuzaki and Espa Roba is... Esper Roba. XD

Eh, no. Jimmy Zoppi was Pryce. If you listen, you can clearly see, or rather, hear, that is voice is an altered Nanba voice. (Which in turn is similar to Haga's/Weevil's voice.) Unless you meant Tyson, of course. Although, even he wasn't done by Matt Miller... Tyson was Ted Lewis. 100% sure, since I know the Yami Yugi voice when I hear it.

I think it's about time 4Kids got their a*ses in gear and hired some new blood. You know it's pretty bad when Dogasu can predict what voice they would give a character before the episode was even shown.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
And I'm pretty sure the Dude from that Tyrogue episode was Yami Yugi it sounded Very Familiar.

Chris

Old Coot
Alfonso said:
*SEMI OFF TOPIC ALERT* Shu, Edward, shu! *pokes* Haga-sama, or rather, Insector Haga, is Weevil Underwoord. For reference point, Rex Raptor is Dinosaur Ryuzaki and Espa Roba is... Esper Roba. XD
Eh? ;-;

Swellow said:
And I'm pretty sure the Dude from that Tyrogue episode was Yami Yugi it sounded Very Familiar.
And Norman and Mewtwo (TV Special Mewtwo that is). I believe Prof. Birch as well.

I certainly hope Adan's voice isn't touched by Eric Stuart. x_x; He'd absolutely kill the good name of Adan.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward Elric said:
Eh? ;-;

And Norman and Mewtwo (TV Special Mewtwo that is). I believe Prof. Birch as well.

I certainly hope Adan's voice isn't touched by Eric Stuart. x_x; He'd absolutely kill the good name of Adan.

Ha ha, just kidding Edward. It's just that so many people seem to be getting on your back, for you know, actually *doing* your job, I just thought I'd poke fun at it a little. That, and since you're one of the most active of the Anime Mods, you were most likely the one to first notice myself going Off-Topic, so... ^_^o I have a stick ready to poke you should you tell me to get back On-Topic, which... I already am, so everything's okay! Moving on...

I agree. On the comment regarding Eric Stuart. I may HATE the way Ted Lewis used the Yami Yugi voice so frikken much in Master Quest, but at least he can be serious. James' voice at the moment just erks me. Especially in 'The Winner by a Nosepass', where it was... evil. SHOVEL! SHOVEL! SHOVEL! -_- That's why I think Ted Lewis should do James if the Origin of Truth and Love is ever dubbed.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Absolkid said:
It does look good, as the battle looks fascinating, but part of it was copied from a previous episode. Pikachu ran up Milotic's back, like Pikachu did with Gyarados in the battle against Clair.
Eh? The way I remember it, in the Clair episode Pikachu used that tackle-type Thunder for the first time, running on top of the Gyarados's Hydro Pump (not its back), while charging the Thunder, then releasing the Thunder as it slammed into Gyarados's body.