• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Milotic also said Kross like the end of its japanese name. So they kept the original voice3 which rocked.

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
I didn't expect Pikachu to throw Miloltic over. That is like a Super Smash Brother!

Can someone tell me what was the Trainer's Choice for thie episode?

V Faction said:
Let me know if I'm jumping the gun here.

It sounds like you are implying that 4Kids! was responsible for Milotic's voice. Well, that wasn't the work of 4Kids!, that was the original voice. Listen closely, you'll be able to here an 'r' in there. Mirotic. Flat-out Engrish.

No, you misunderstood(more than likely due to my poor wording).

I meant that 4Kids made some good decisions about voices in this, whether it was dubbing or retaining. Luvdisc's voice was excellent, and so was Adan's. Milotic's was indeed the original one, and it was a great idea for them to keep it, because I doubt they could find a dub voice that matches up to that.

Sorry for the misinterpretation.

EDIT: The Trainer's Choice was: "Which one of these Pokémon isn't a Water Type?" And the choices were Golduck, Milotic, and Castform. And yes, they did choose Castform as the correct answer.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Medea

Excalibur
Okay part two now!

Such a great gym battle overall. In fact, this gym battle was the best one IMO for all of Hoenn. I'm so glad that I gotta chance to see Milotic in action again. It has been way too long.

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
Did they make an underwear reference here?! Meowth said those women would have bought Juan's socks. Don't socks count as underwear?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Riva said:
Did they make an underwear reference here?! Meowth said those women would have bought Juan's socks. Don't socks count as underwear?
Sounds to me like you got into Juan's private stash of happy drugs.

Medea

Excalibur
Riva said:

^I believe Meowth said the women from his head down to his penny loafers (meaning shoes)

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
Wow... interesting convo here... Anyway, I wonder why the screenwriters decided to use Juan instead of Wallace as the gym leader? They both use water Pokemon and respect the artistic flair of using them. It was cool when James disguised himself as Juan. Another one of the stupid Rocket plans that have intertained us throughout the years.... This gym battle was the best! First, a 2- on- 2 battle, then 3 single battles. Awesome!

V

Volt Tackle

For one second Grovyle actaully looked a little like Sceptile when confused (because of the red below his eye, later it was pink).

Favorite PAB Episode. I loved both pikachu and Milotic that battle was very epic. [spoil]And I like the fact this battle is repeated in the Battle Frontier[/spoil]

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why is the English title called that?

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
chosen_one386 said:
Wow... interesting convo here... Anyway, I wonder why the screenwriters decided to use Juan instead of Wallace as the gym leader?
half-assed Emerald reference, I assume, just like including both Magma and Aqua...

Encyclopika

The Queen
I <3ed Swellow in this episode. That diving into the water was so unexpected; my brother and I were were like - D:!
Anyway, loved this episode. Animation was great and the battle was "jump-ouy-of-your-seat" exciting. Pikachu throwing around Milotic like a rag doll was also unexpected but amazing as well.
Team Rocket was...annoying? They didn't really do anything, but I could care less about them during this episode. They really interrupted my concentration on the battle. =/
Luvdisc was exceptionately cute and did great battling, despite what people around here say about it. >=/
Grovyle had a disappointing defeat, but I don't really care for Grovyle anyway. It wins enough as it is, it can pass this one. Just a slip up.
Corphish was really great to. Made me realize how great a battler it has become.
Overall, this episode really showcased all of Ash's Pokemon and where they stand pretty much on the strength meter...all in time for the Hoenn league. Excellent. ;)
10/10 says I.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
OMG...I just had to watch it twice. <3 Adan

For the record, he didn't sound very British to me...just sounded refined. All I have to say is the pics don't do these two episodes any justice whatsoever. I knew what happened, and I was still amazed (or was I just punch-drunk by seeing Adan? hmm..). I can't believe just how incredible it was.

The writers could have totally had Grovyle and Corphish survive a lot longer than they did. Its a shame they didn't...could have been an all-out battle (like Drake/Dragonite in Orange Islands).

Adan was sexy as imagined (a British accent would have totally driven me crazy). The battle was excellent. So long Clair...there's a new favorite gym battle for me.

<3 Adan!!!!
<3 Adan
<3 Adan

Thriller

Its almost time
Grr dangit I am never watchingan episode 1/2 asleep ever again.

Poor James, always loosing his bottle cap collections when they are in need.

Ash is an idiot for letting Grovyle bang his head like that.

Milotic used Twister two times and both were different. When using Twister on Swellow it came out of its mouth, against Pikachu it used its tail.

Good, Adan called it Ever Grand City and not Ever Granday city like some people thought it would be. I just can't picture it being like Ever Granday City.

Preview for next episode: [SPOIL]All of May's Pokemon is stolen. The kids meet a trainer who is having trouble with his Linoone who likes to steal things. Ash has a flashback featuring his Charizard. Will May get back her Pokemon? Find out next week on Pokemon Advance Battle![/SPOIL]

Aptenodytes

I thought it was a pretty good episode because the battle lasted a long time ^.^ Milotic was great, but too bad it lost! 9/10 for the overall episode.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Okay, the double battle/single battle or whatever had strange rules regarding how many are out and all that, but it wasn't that big a deal.

James dressing up was hilarious, reminds me of that awesome Johto episode "Will The Real Oak Please Stand Up". James' voice always pulls down on any of his performances nowadays, but it didn't hinder his Juan imitation as much as it could have.

Seeing that Blastoise come out was definately a treat, since it's my favorite Pokemon. ^^

As for the battle, it was pretty good. Pikachu flipping Milotic over was unexpected and kinda freaky, but cool.

Meh, I can't give much of a review how many days late... 7/10.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The Big Al said:
Having seen it actually in motion. I hated Grovyle's appauling performance even more.
Not to get into the talk about Grovyle's defeat (which has been covered a great deal), but I did want to note how incredibly awesome its spinning Leaf Blade looked in this episode. I loved the animation and sound effect when it rammed into the water/floor. Man if it had managed to hit Luvdisc with that it would have been the end I bet.

Though it seemed Ash's line was quite appropriate and designed to appease fans and Grovyle alike "I won't let all your hard work go to waste!"

The final battle was the best though. I think Milotic retained her opriginal voice which was very fitting. Then Pikachu's final thunder was great though the janitor is going to throw a fit when he sees the damage. Then Pikachu's Dragon Slayer pose on top of Milotic.
One great thing about this gym battle is that Pikachu proves several times again to be a very special Pikachu. Some fans claim the show has forgotten this aspect of it, but episodes like this prove otherwise. Even though the flipping of Milotic was very wierd to look at and no explanation was given for it, but we should at least remember that Milotic doesn't weigh as much as it looks like it does. But anyway we have:

*Pikachu blasting the final Ice Ball, Juan claiming it will be impossible for it to block one that large and powerful*
Ash: "Thunder Full Power!"
*Ice Ball isn't just blocked, it shatters*

*Pikachu is caught in a watery Twister, Juan believes the match to be over, no opponent can recover from that trap... Pikachu proceeds to let out so much power it vaporizes the Twister*

And Swellow of course continues to be our beloved juggernaut. Seeing him get hit by that Hyper Beam, tear through the ground and collapse a pillar than fly up like nothing happened would have been a bit unbelievable for most Pokemon but with what we know about Ash's Swellow it just seemed "right." And then he goes and breaks the rule of "being beaten by the second opponent with ease" by actually doing some damage before going down.