• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eight Ain't Enough! (388)

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Grovyle's Solarbeam at least it wouldn't be Pikachu, Furthermore I agree with Alfonso actually My main beef with Pika is using It to finish off Basicially Every Gym battle or using it in every one, but wouldn't it have been possibile for Torkoal to hang on the land and fight Sealeo at least it would have a chance.

Chris

Old Coot
The whole point is, this isn't supposed to be a walk in the park. --; They're Gym Leaders and "Elite Four" members for a reason. And since when does Juputoru know Solar Beam? o_O The only two Grass attacks it knows are Bullet Seed and Leaf Blade. You're thinking of the other Juputoru we saw.

And hold on a second here. Pikachu isn't exactly the big "finisher" you all make it out to be. If anything, you should be complaining about Kootasu and Yukiwarashi not winning any of the Gym Battles.

On its own, Pikachu has won THREE Gym matches. Tsutsuji, Tessen and Adan. Not counting Fuu and Ran since that's wasn't on its own. Kimori did the job against Touki, Heigani against Asuna, and Oosubame against Nagi. So really, who's the glory hog when they've all had their fair share of wins? Not to mention, Pikachu's lost against Yarukimono TWICE (even though it KO'd Yarukimono the second go), Meg (Asuna's Magumaggu), and Pelipper (another double KO). So really, I don't see what's all the b.itching about Pikachu hogging the spotlight.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Have any of you been affected by Sweet Kiss in the game? It can make even the most powerful pokemon a completely worthless piece of crap, and the user can usually go through several pokemon before being defeated. It truly is one of the game's more annoying moves.

And Genji and Adan wouldn't be THAT far apart in skill level. After all, we're not just talking about a really strong trainer here--we're talking about a Gym Leader. Not only that, but the last Gym Leader of the Houen region. Adan's Lovecus deserved the victory.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward, you seem to be forgetting that Pikachu isn't like Ash's other Pokemon: It was his first, and so has been with him from the very beginning. In that time, he's had PLENTY of spotlight. More than he deserves, really. I was just saying in my post, *points upwards* that the scriptwriters should be focusing on his other Pokemon, and maybe writing a battle that doesn't give Pikachu the spotlight. -_-

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Not Sweet Kiss even thought I actually Like Luvdisc mainly for that Elusive Heart Scale. Then EE how did Grovyle defeat Slaking or was that Bullet Seed with Overgrow.

Chris

Old Coot
Swellow said:
Not Sweet Kiss even thought I actually Like Luvdisc mainly for that Elusive Heart Scale. Then EE how did Grovyle defeat Slaking or was that Bullet Seed with Overgrow.
o_O Kekking was firing off the Hyper Beams. Juputoru was using Bullet Seed. It finished off Kekking with Leaf Blade while in the Overgrowth portion.

Alfonso, dude, Pikachu did not always get the spotlight win. x__x I pointed that out alright. Hell, it didn't even battle against Touki. As I said, ALL of his Pokémon (with the exception of Kootasu and Yukiwarashi) each got their own final victory and spotlight. So they DID make it evened out for the others.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
Oh but Still Overgrow increases attack when the Pokemon is Down in HP so I could have seen Grovyle finishing this Pesky Recovering Milotic off.

Chris

Old Coot
That's ONLY if Juputoru was struggling. But since it didn't even last against Rabukasu, such is not the the case of happening. ;)

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward Elric said:
o_O Kekking was firing off the Hyper Beams. Juputoru was using Bullet Seed. It finished off Kekking with Leaf Blade while in the Overgrowth portion.

Alfonso, dude, Pikachu did not always get the spotlight win. x__x I pointed that out alright. Hell, it didn't even battle against Touki. As I said, ALL of his Pokémon (with the exception of Kootasu and Yukiwarashi) each got their own final victory and spotlight. So they DID make it evened out for the others.

o.o; I'm talking about all of Pikachu's time with Ash, not just in AG. If I recall/understand correctly...

Brock: Main Pokemon in Ash's Battle with him. Took down Geodude, and nearly took down Onix.

Misty: Pretty much the same as Brock.

Lt. Surge: Pikachu was the one and only Pokemon used.

Blaine: Took down Rhydon.

Jessie: Not really in the battle, but took down Arbok and Wezzing at the end, 'winning' the battle.

Launa: Double Battle with Charizard

Drake: Lots of spotlight in this. Battled with Ditto, then took down Dragonite.

Falkner: Took down Dodrio

Bugsy: Can't remember... was Pikachu in this battle?

Whitney: Beat Miltank.

Morty: Gastly

Jasmine: Took down Magnemite

Clair: I'm not sure about this one... he took down Gyrados, or something.

Roxanne: Defeated Geodude and Nosepass. Lots of spotlight.

Wattson: Won the entire battle for him.

Flannery: Meg?

Norman: Took down Vigoroth, although was beaten himself at the same time.

Winona: Beat Pelliper, I believe.

Tate and Lisa: Double Battle with Swellow

Adan: Double Battle with Snorunt/Corphish, beat Milotic

Some of them may be a little off the mark, but as you can see, he's been in quite a few Gym Battles, and had quite a bit of spotlight over the years. What I'm trying to get across is that maybe, just maybe, the scriptwriters should be focusing on Ash's other Pokemon, seeing as how they'll most likely be dumped when/if there is a new series. Pikachu, however, will always be there so I don't see a reason as to why they are always so anxious to pimp him out.

Chris

Old Coot
Shoulda been more specific then, dude. :p AG's been REALLY different compared to Pocket Monsters and as I explained, Pikachu didn't exactly get much royal treatment in Hoenn compared to Kanto or Johto.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward Elric said:
Shoulda been more specific then, dude. :p AG's been REALLY different compared to Pocket Monsters and as I explained, Pikachu didn't exactly get much royal treatment in Hoenn compared to Kanto or Johto.

Edward, you seem to be forgetting that Pikachu isn't like Ash's other Pokemon: It was his first, and so has been with him from the very beginning. In that time, he's had PLENTY of spotlight. More than he deserves, really. I was just saying in my post, *points upwards* that the scriptwriters should be focusing on his other Pokemon, and maybe writing a battle that doesn't give Pikachu the spotlight. -_-

Bolded the main point of my post. Like I said, Pikachu will always be there as long as Pokemon continues and Ash is the Main Character. However, Ash's other Pokemon, won't. If Ash is going to keep on catching new Pokemon from new regions, then they should have giving Main Priority to the Pokemon of that region, with past Pokemon still being given consideration, and Pikachu given the very least.

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Hey. Be glad he didn't transfer over any of his old pokemon like in Johto!!!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yes, he at least went with the Pokes he brought.

Every body but poor Torkoal got a chance.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
*jumps up and down while clapping* Grovyle LOST to Luvdisc?! .......YES!!! Whoo! OMG! I am SO happy! *sobs* I love that little Luvdisc of Adan's...so brave *wipes tear* This makes me want to train a Luvdisc! (though they are NOTHING like they are in the anime). Its refreshing. An underused, weak, small, worthless (well if it didn't have the Heart Scales) Pokemon in the Game, seems to be a super god in the anime (Misty and Daisy's Luvdisc's ROCKED! They were up against Team Rocket, but Butch and Cassidy are quite good trainers). But seriously, what you say about Pikachu, I say about Grovyle. Grovyle is used too much. If Ash actually trained his other pokemon as much as he did/does Treecko/Grovyle, then he wouldn't have to use Grovyle all the time because all his Pokemon would be awesome battlers. I actually liked this episode though. I didn't like Part 1, but Part 2 was great! So much going on and the battles were intense. One freaky thing is that Adan used Wallace's Pokemon. All of them. I dont think its fair. WALLACE! WHERE ARE JUUUUU?!?! Oh and Corphish had 2 victories (tying with Pikachu) which was GOOD! Corphish is teh awesomeness!

K.T.'s Favourite Pokemon(s) Throughout the Entire Gym Battle:

* Luvdisc (Beat Grovyle! And looked SO cute while doing it! Whoo!)

* Snorunt (He did good for little experience and no battles yet. He helped set up the beating of Sealeo/Seaking. Not to mention he is my favourite Pokemon of Ash's)

* Corphish (Because he's awesome and helped A LOT in this battle! Guuuuu CORPHISH!)

Well, I know I'm going to get flamed for saying that Grovyle losing to Luvdisc is wonderful so...bring it on! :p

I

Indigo

The Big Al said:
Every body but poor Torkoal got a chance.
Hear hear, Al. XP

I agree with Mr. Alfonso once again. Pikachu has got to be toned down. They can still make him kick the crap out of people, but let him have a glorified moment once in a while instead of boring us to death with the constant annihilation of almost every friggin' Pokémon that comes along. Yes, we know that Pikachu is Ash's first Pokémon. But it's not his only Pokémon. Ash is at that stage where he just can't rely on trump cards anymore. ALL his Pokémon need a moment of glory and ALL his Pokémon need to be powerful enough to at least take down one Pokémon of the opposing type. Enough is enough. A Pokémon team is about power equality and balanced choices. Unless I see a lot of this in the Hoenn League, I'll be extremely disappointed, as I already am with this battle.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Apparently Grovyle needs better mind training. Luvdisc didn't do squat, Grovyle just ran into things. He may be cool but he also seems to be easily screwed up.

And KT, don't rub it in, your annoying enough as it is. And don't send me anymore hate mail about my opinions of you.

*Confuses Luvdisc for a cookie and eats it.*

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
The Big Al said:
And KT, don't rub it in, your annoying enough as it is. And don't send me anymore hate mail about my opinions of you.
Oh...I'm annoying because I dislike Kanto and love May? *cough*closedmind*cough* I wasn't rubbing it in. I was expressing my joy that the "all mighty" Grovyle got beaten by a puny kawaii Pokemon. Its (as I said before) refreshing. I dont know why everybody's running to the drug store to get Zoloft (a depression pill) over it. First off, Pokemon is just an anime. I love it and all, but I dont take the battles too seriously. If a Pokemon I favor loses, sure I'll be disappointed. But I wont start freaking out as it is 'inexcusable' or 'impossible'. Second, how many battles has Grovyle lost?.....My Point EXACTLY. Ummm....I havent sent you any hate mail recently so WTF?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
*belches*

I just wanted to nip it in the bud. Thank you for not cloging my box about it. The thing is, Grovyle beat himself. Still, a great battle.

I

Indigo

KT said:
how many battles has Grovyle lost?

I can answer that, KT. According to someone on the forums(whose name I don't remember right now), Grovyle has had four wins and three losses. It's really not such a powerful Pokémon. It's his drive to get stronger that everybody loves, which is why we're upset that Grovyle didn't make too much of an effort to win, as it seems.

You're not rubbing it in, really. I disagree with you on the refreshing win count, but I don't hate you for it. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Like I feel strongly that Torkoal should've been in this battle. Most would disagree, but it's my opinion. *coughhinthinttothoseofyouwhoattackedmeonthisbeforecough*

And I agree with Al. Grovyle needs some mind control. I hope Ash'll pick up on that.

F

Factory Head Noland

Wow! I just saw this episode and it rocks! So much tension in it, I watched it before coming on here because I didn't want to know if Ash won or not and he did! Congrats!
Pikachu VS Milotic was just awesome! What a great strategy of Pikachu pulling Milotic into the water and then using Thunder! Milotic was really strong and it was hard to beat when it used Recover so much...

A Question!
Ash used Grovyle, Corphish, Swellow and Pikachu
Adan used Luvdisc, Whiscash and Milotic
How is this a fair battle from Adan's view?? Shouldn't it be either a 3-on-3 battle or a 4-on-4 battle? I think that Adan should have used another Pokemon, the battle was against him anyways...
What do you think??